[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yagate Kimi ni Naru - Bloom Into You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: yagakimi10_33.png (1 MB, 2069x2995) Image search: [Google]
yagakimi10_33.png
1 MB, 2069x2995
Chapter 10 is out.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vqxge1yphhh8jkm

Tank Vol.2 will be out on 27 April

Other release by 4s
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3xg5q53brg7c9/release

Vol. 1 RAW
https://ln.steamy.moe/kpxybp.rar

Next chapter can't come soon enough.
>>
Previous thread.

>>1970842
>>
i cant tell who's more fucked up at this point.
yuu being blind af or senpai's twisted reason for loving her
>>
>>2005152
Maybe Sayaka if she goes full yandere mode and pulls out a knife or something.
>>
>>2005152
How is Yuu being blind?
>>
>>2005161
Sayaka is like the most normal person at the moment, capable of all the regular human emotions and willing to act on them to a reasonable degree. She's also not the dumb third wheel so prevalent in other stories since she's privy to quite a bit of Touko's personal life as well and spotted Touno/Yuu's situation from miles away.
>>
>>2005161
She probably wont do that but she sure as hell will slap someone in the future.
>>
>>2005169
the only reason I can find behind her not responding to touko's feelings, is that she needs an eye exam
>>
>>2005193
>Not responding to toukos feelings
The hell are you talking about?
She can't respond, Touko asked her not to.
>>
>>2005200
oh right, my bad forgot about that. Wait does that mean yuu knew all along that touko doesn't want her to respond and that's why she 'couldn't' fall in love w her?
>>
>>2005220
No, Yuu really didn't love her at first.
It's not entirely clear if she does now but it's assumed she wants to try even if she has to hide it.
>>
>>2005225
how tf do you TRY and fall in love with someone at this point. I fucking love this manga. I have no idea where it's going
>>
File: yagakimi8_ 01.png (1 MB, 2061x2991) Image search: [Google]
yagakimi8_ 01.png
1 MB, 2061x2991
>>2005193
But she already got one.

>>2005173
>Sayaka is like the most normal person at the moment
Considering how all other characters (Yuu, Touko, and Maki) have distorted views of love, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if she too has a messed up view love. Considering her dialogue, I think it's likely that she's in love Touko but doesn't want anyone to date her, including herself.
>>
>>2005233

D e e p e st L o r e
>>
Special site YagaKimi open for test(?) today. There's an interview with Nakatani too.

http://daioh.dengeki.com/taisho/yagate/
>>
>>2005575
>PV coming soon
>>
>>2005581
Really? Does this mean there might be an anime?
>>
>>2005583
Popular manga get PVs all the time. They typically are made from manga panels. Doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>2005583
Will probably just going to be a PV for the manga.
>>
File: bishie af.png (369 KB, 1216x736) Image search: [Google]
bishie af.png
369 KB, 1216x736
Look it this handsome lass.
She could be a cunnydestroyer if she ever cared about it at any point in time.
>>
>>2005583
I think it's just a PV advertising the manga, similar to Citrus PV.

Can't wait to see what their seiyuu choices would be. I had always imagined Touko is voiced by Nakahara Mai.
>>
>>2005575
Vol 1 is also getting a 4th reprint, apparently.
>>
So how long can they drag this asexual thing out, until it gets boring?
>>
>>2005606
Until the feel like it.
>>
>>2005606
>asexual

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>2005606
This meme again? I thought it was obvious where the plot is heading: Yuu lied to Nanami when she said "I can't fall in love with you, senpai", but you can bet she will soon start yearning for Touko's pussy; however, despite this, she'll have to keep lying in order to stay with her, because Touko asked her to never change.
>>
I don't support OT3. I just want Touko to bang Sayaka at least once before becoming faithful to Yuu for the rest of her life.
>>
>>2005586

But will it be voided like that Citrus one?
>>
>>2005605
So it did well. Great, any chance later vol may got into Oricon ranking?
>>
>>2005676
It did well but not THAT well.
>>
>>2005676
Maybe vol 2 will. It depends on many factors, like how many popular manga come out in the same week, or what's the average sales number for that week, and stuff. Circulation is also a factor of course, we don't know how many copies are printed each time.
>>
>>2005583
>Really? Does this mean there might be an anime?

Isn't it too early for an anime? There aren't enough chapters for a single cour
>>
>>2005693
>There aren't enough chapters for a single cour
And there never will.
>>
>>2005703
I'm sure it's enough for two cours 5 minute anime.
>>
Is there even any canon yuri manga/anime that ever got in Oricon chart?
>>
>>2005739
Murcielago. I've seen it quite a few times in the Oricon weekly top 50.
>>
>>2005759
I'm pretty sure the reason YH is stretching Citrus is because they want to make an anime.
>>
File: CdNJ5pfVIAQMtlp.jpg (157 KB, 868x900) Image search: [Google]
CdNJ5pfVIAQMtlp.jpg
157 KB, 868x900
>>
>>2005767
I'd watch it, but I wouldn't be happy about it.
>>
>>2005703

What does that even mean. This has been the most consistent manga series since its publishing.

We've gotten full lengthed chapters every month besides the New Year Holidays and there is no sign that it's stopping soon
>>
>>2005759
InuNeko was fun, there was nothing wrong with it for what it was.
>>
>>2005974
This. I don't even like InuNeko that much but it's pretty fun and I was glad it was animated.

What I wouldn't do for YagaKimi and Murcielago to be animated.
>>
>>2005848
>besides the New Year Holidays
What? There were no breaks on Nakatani's train since beginning. There was just an extra chapter when 1 volume came out and probably will be in the next issue as well.

>>2006107
>What I wouldn't do for YagaKimi and Murcielago to be animated
Buy overpriced japanese BDs?
>>
>>2006317
I thought we missed a chapter in December

If not then it just makes this whole thing even more impressive. She's consistently gotten these chapters out, and each one has rivaled or outdone the previous
>>
File: CXJoXW4VAAAQVkW.png (298 KB, 780x650) Image search: [Google]
CXJoXW4VAAAQVkW.png
298 KB, 780x650
>>2006321
>I thought we missed a chapter in December
No one scanned it at that time.
>>
>>2005740
Awesome. Murcielago is all kinds of greatness.

Is it the only one? How did Marimite and Yuru Yuri fare (as those two are the only ones I know being very popular in Japan, even if not on /u/)?
>>
>>2005639
>Touko banging Sayaka
I want to see that. Sayaka is hot! I hope they don't let her character languish, but do something good with her (including Yuri, of course.)
>>
>>2005152
Cheap drama.
>>
>>2005233
Everyone has a twisted way to see love.
>>
>>2009273
As cheap as your mom.
>>
>>2006466
Sayaka's in love with Touko, so I imagine she'd be all wet and ready for her. Heh
>>
File: 08.jpg (1 MB, 1051x1500) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
1 MB, 1051x1500
>>2011758
Actually, from her dialogue, I think it's more likely that she wants no one to go out with Touko, including herself. This might just be a translation issue but if she wanted to date Touko herself, she would have said "Touko belongs to me" or something similar.
>>
>>2005152
I don't think there's anything wrong with Yuu other than maybe being a little odd.
Nanami is very fucked up, It's mostly just her perception though, thought that can end up being very easy or very hard to overcome. I'm just hoping for the best at the moment although I don't think we'll see any progression anytime soon.
>>
>>2012454
How dense could you be? Sayaka doesn't confess to Touko because she doesn't dare to face rejection, especially sinve she's not sure if Touko swing that way. That's why she settled for nobody having Touko instead, which is the next best thing from having Touko all to herself.

Once she realizes Touko has a raging ladyboner for Yuu, shit is gonna hit the fan.
>>
File: 05.jpg (1 MB, 1042x1500) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
1 MB, 1042x1500
>>2012950
Sayaka isnt the typical dumb third wheel, she knows how to talk to Touko and understands how to read her friend. She specifically asked this question here to test the waters and she could easily tell Touko was getting a little too close to Yuu later on.

I dont think she's head over heels for Touko like some people believe, but Sayaka's clearly quite possessive of her and whether that translates into a direct admission of love on her part or not remains to be seen. This series has tackled the usual romance tropes in very interesting ways and I have no doubt that, if it indeed chooses to go down the triangle route, it will also do Sayaka's story justice.

Also hot damn, someone get chapter 9 and 10 onto Dynasty Reader already.
>>
>>2012954
I never doubt Nakatani's storytelling ability. I've been a fan of her since she began drawing Touhou art, then seeing how every single Touhou doujin she handed out had never disappointed me in the slightest both in art and in story, I knew I'm seeing an extremely rare gem here.

And I was right. Bloom into Me had been a precious piece of series so far despite being high school romance - making something brilliant with such an overused setting requires serious talent. So I had never been anxious like other people about she fucking it up, even if there IS a male competitor or a love triangle.
>>
File: 027.png (837 KB, 2067x2980) Image search: [Google]
027.png
837 KB, 2067x2980
So, is Yuu asexual, retarded. a psycho, or simply not into Touko?
>>
>>2013555
Right there? Lying.
>>
How can you tell she's lying?
After that scene, Yuu's own thoughts show us she wants to fall in love with Touko, but she simply cannot.
>>
>>2013559
>How can you tell she's lying?

By reading the manga and paying attention to the details
>>
>>2013559
It amazes me how stupid some readers like you can be.

Do you have autism? Genuine question.
>>
>>2013568
It amazes me how readers like your can shitpost without providing evidence to support your own claim.
>>
Why is this shit on this board? It's not yuri if the main character is asexual.
>>
>>2013574
Don't be surprised at backlash when asking stupid question that resulted from failed basic reading comprehension.

What Yuu means by lying is not that she doesn't love Touko, but that she loves her but can't say it (otherwise Touko will leave her). How the fuck would she be lying if she told Touko she doesn't love her and it's the truth?
>>
>>2013596
Might as well call every girl MC who doesn't have sex asexual
>>
>>2013603

You're replying to bait

Next chapter cant come soon enough.
>>
>>2013601
See, this is when any attempt at a rational dialogue falls down, since you refuse to see any other perspective.
Have you considered the possibility that what Yuu meant by lying solely referred to the part about never changing?
Touko asked her not to change, but Yuu does want to change. She wants to be able to love someone, because she feels lonely.
In that chapter alone, in the scene in which Touko and Yuu have that conversation there are two panels which show Yuu's frustration at being unable to fall in love with Touko.

Hell, the editor said Yuu's personality was based on some kid they heard about that was unable to understand love.

http://tinatuna19.tumblr.com/post/136142478595

>E: During the name stage, we couldn’t capture Yuu’s personality precisely and this made us worried for quite some time. Luckily, we heard from a kid who doesn’t understand what it feels like to ‘like’ someone… Then it hits us “so this kid is Yuu!” Then, upon consent, the kid agreed to let us use her as Yuu’s model. I think majority of people almost always experienced first love. This is also why it’s difficult for readers to understand the feeling of ‘never going to ‘like’ anyone’. Nakatani-sensei beautifully illustrates the feeling through metaphors like ‘sprouting wings’ and ‘feet can’t feel the ground’.

Now allow me to drop this attempt at dialogue, because given people's attitude in here, it will clearly go nowhere.
>>
>>2013618
Yuu not knowing what it's like to like someone had been apparent from the start (and retards interpretting it as asexuality), so I don't know what you're trying to prove by repeating such an obvious thing. Needing to quote the staff in order to make yourself see that point, no less!

The plot had progressed to the point where Yuu is starting to realize she does see Touko special, right at the time she realizes she cannot tell Touko that. You're 9 chapters late, Sherlock.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
>>
>>2013618
I think this is pretty rational and probably the intent. I think Yuu feels horrible to drag along her senpai to just wait for Yuu.

I do believe the manga is going to tackle this, and cover a huge theme of the definition of love, Yuu growing, etc.
>>
So Maki is like Editor-san.

>───In a teenage boy mange magazine, there seem to be voices that says “if there is no male character then who should I relate my feeling to?”

>E: There is nothing wrong with being a CP. Rather than relating yourself with the characters, being on the audience side and watch their relationship is nice too. I think you will be able to enjoy Yuri manga even better this way.

>─── So that means.

>E: Instead of incorporating your feeling into a character, try and become an audience and enjoy their relationship from the outside. It is alright even if you can’t relate. As long as two people can love each other, and they keep finding each other on a vest grass field, then I rather become a patch of grass on that field… However, our goal is to have you find a character that you like and that makes you want you to observe this character until the very end. For this reason, we need to make the readers favor all kinds of characters.
>>
>>2013638

It feels like it's such basic common sense yet so few people gets it.
>>
>>2013642
The "everyone wants to self-insert"
>>
>>2013618
That's a good explanation for the beginning of the story. Things have progressed though. Just when Yuu understood she could easily lose Touko, she also realized that if Touko is gone she wouldn't even want to love anymore. Well, surprise surprise, that itself is love. She just hasn't realized yet, but she has already changed.

Problem is now she can't even say it, since Touko doesn't want to be loved.
>>
>>2013618
This person is very related to me. Not everybody was born to know how to love someone, love is a process of learning.
>>
>>2015094
It's more like that people just experience love differently.

For most people, it's the heart racing rush glorified every day on tv and in songs. But it doesn't apply to everyone, especially not kids.
>>
Volume 2 got a PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=38&v=JohoCyOiT1A

Yuu voiced by Hisako Kanemoto

Nanami voiced by Minako Kotobuki
>>
File: kek 02.jpg (223 KB, 1278x1424) Image search: [Google]
kek 02.jpg
223 KB, 1278x1424
>>2015998
>Yuu voiced by Hisako Kanemoto
>Nanami voiced by Minako Kotobuki

Take a guess which is which
>>
>>2015998
Shit, their voices are just like in my mind.
10/10
>>
>>2015998
Perfect voice selection.
>>
>>2015998
So it's selling decent enough to get this, right...
>>
>>2015998
Hm, not exactly the seiyuus I would have chosen, but after listening, their performance sounds pretty nice.
>>
>>2015998
Is there very high chance for anime? It been a long time of yuri manga adaption
>>
>>2015998
Anime announcement when?
>>
>>2015998
>Yuu: Hisako Kanemoto
>Nanami: Minako Kotobuki

Safe choice.
>>
>>2016074
Do you want the anime to fail so badly? At least let the manga get a few more volumes so that there'll be enough to animate without having to stretch each episode to the point where nothing happens.
>>
File: 213231231.jpg (19 KB, 314x285) Image search: [Google]
213231231.jpg
19 KB, 314x285
do not do this anime .. it would be too good to be true. Ordinary yuri? no chance..
>>
>>2016107
They prefer to make a harem ..or some other garbage ..it seems to me that the audience yuri is too small.
>>
>>2015998
Impressive, their voices are exactly how I imagined they would be. This of course doesn't mean it's ever getting an anime, perhaps a drama CD or something, anyway I'm happy that it's successful enough to get a voiced PV.
>>
Yuu's voice is too soft and wimpy for my liking.
>>
>>2015998
>Yuu voiced by Hisako Kanemoto
Great.
>Nanami voiced by Minako Kotobuki
Meh.
I like Kotobuki Minako just fine. In fact, I like her a lot. But she doesn't fit that much for me. Maybe someone more like Fukuhara Ayaka.
>>
Anime? Right now it's literally impossible, what would you make with 10 chapters out? half an episode?
>>
>>2013559
the middle two panels heavily imply it thorough body language.

-eyes hidden, looking down, not meeting her gaze, face cast in shadow, gritted teeth.

It's only implied rather than directly stated but that's a lot of cues to ignore.
>>
So I finally got time to read the interview with Nakatani and the Editor, and it's kind of hilarious.

E:E: I was shocking the first time hearing [sensei said this]. Even after drawing kiss scenes [between girls], [sensei] still did not aware that is Yuri (laugh).

>Every doujins ever drawn are gay as fuck.
>But... but I don't know it's yuri!
>>
>>2016707
Also, the Editor seems to be an even bigger yurifag compared to Nakatani. Dengeki has never had a full blown yuri series though, so I'm glad he pushed forward and the series is well received.

And I know this info has been posted here many times, but I'm not so surprised that Nakatani likes Hibike. Seems like the Nips enjoy the process more than us do.
>>
>>2016707
I think she means the first time she drew girls kissing, she still didn't know what is yuri/homosexual. By the time she's fully into Touhou and started drawing Touhou doujins, she's already well aware of yuri.

This is a normal thing.
>>
>>2016707
>E:E: I was shocking the first time hearing [sensei said this]. Even after drawing kiss scenes [between girls], [sensei] still did not aware that is Yuri (laugh).
Huh, I don't remember it. I've read two of her interviews but are there more?
>>
File: CecmrTZWIAE6UIP.png orig.png (170 KB, 560x720) Image search: [Google]
CecmrTZWIAE6UIP.png orig.png
170 KB, 560x720
>it's a special about onee-chan and Touko
Please, Nakatani, I hope for at least one girlfriend joke this issue.
>>
>>2017744
>it's a special about onee-chan and Touko
You mean the new chapter? Or a special chapter inside vol 2?
>>
>>2017782
New, it's not a proper chapter but as with release of volume 1 a 番外編.
>>
>>2017744
That special will reveal/imply that Yuu's onee-chan not only knew Touko's onee-chan in highschool, but also was dating her before she died in the car crash.
>>
>>2018007
I'm 95% sure Yuu's sister never dated Touko's sister, considering what I know of Nakatani's writing.

>>2017744
>girlfriend joke
It would be funny to see, yeah.
>>
>>2018014
I know it's probably not going to happen, but it's just fun a little thing to believe. But I doubt that it will even touch on subject of if she knew Touko's sister, even in passing.
>>
File: 1449718685007.jpg (47 KB, 248x277) Image search: [Google]
1449718685007.jpg
47 KB, 248x277
>>2016104
I think this would be a great anime in time.
>>
File: img001.jpg (2 MB, 1175x1750) Image search: [Google]
img001.jpg
2 MB, 1175x1750
>>
>>2018980
>kids drinking coffee

That's how you stay stunted and short
>>
File: yagakimi_sp2_02.png (2 MB, 2064x2995) Image search: [Google]
yagakimi_sp2_02.png
2 MB, 2064x2995
Hello everyone. Here is this month's chapter, which is a short special. Good oneechan is good.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g9cpcl7k25twl8h/%5B4s%5D_Yagate_Kimi_ni_Naru_-_Special_2.zip

As a side note, I haven't forgotten about volume 1, but I am the worst procrastinator I've ever met.
>>
>>2019856
Thank you so much!

Big Sis is really good to put all the pieces together.
>>
>>2019856
Thank you!
Touko's behaviour is so obvious the sister knew right away.
>>
>>2019856
Thank you. This chapter was short, but gold. Rei sending Touko fap material shows how she truly is the best sister-in-law ever.
>>
File: 1349836052527.jpg (48 KB, 798x809) Image search: [Google]
1349836052527.jpg
48 KB, 798x809
>>2019856
thanks as always, anon, it feels great being able to read the chapters only a few days after they're out.
>>
File: yagakimi_sp2_07.png (919 KB, 2071x2991) Image search: [Google]
yagakimi_sp2_07.png
919 KB, 2071x2991
>>2019856
Damn, there's goes the "onee-chan's knew each other" theory.
>>
>>2019856

Thank you based scanlators
>>
What is the chance of a Touko/Yuu sex scene?

The earlier chapters made it clear that Touko does think of the sexual aspect of her relationship with Yuu. She's eager for the second base at the very least. And Nakatani had done lewd fanart for Touhou and KanColle before. But I don't know if sex scenes are possible in the magazine this series is serialized in.
>>
>>2019974

I'm fine with falling into bed together / waking up together
>>
>>2019974
One of the magazine's ongoing series has this girl jerking this fucker off in front of another girl. It's obviously not explicit but they're not exactly discreet about it either.
>>
File: unfair_randomizer_15.png (867 KB, 1407x2000) Image search: [Google]
unfair_randomizer_15.png
867 KB, 1407x2000
>>2020012
Guess something like this will pass with no problem then.
>>
>>2019894
older sis is a bro
>>
>>2020045
Older sis is a sis.
>>
>>2019856
Thank you.
>>
>>2019856
>Sending pictures of your little sister to her girlfriend
Based nee-san.
>>
>>2020127
Now, will older sis pressure Yuu to invite senpai over more often?
>>
>>2020022
So Nakatani was drawing these sorts of things without knowing it was yuri?
>>
Thank you based scanlators!
>>
>>2020585

Maybe you should not rely on bad translators and use a bit of common sense.
>>
>>2020585
Nakatani knew what yuri is, had been for a very long time. She fucking tags her fanarts with 百合 for years, and draw lilies in her YukariReimu doujins.

The rumour spreader didn't provide the original text so I don't know what exactly did he read, but it's for sure a mistranslation.
>>
>>2020731
I assume this 'not aware of yuri' thing originated from this:
>http://tinatuna19.tumblr.com/post/136142478595
>This interview is translated from a translated Chinese version

And here is the original article
>http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51508948.html

Now can someone that know moonrunes please check them out and correct this mistranslation
>>
>>2019856
Touko was so cute in this chapter! And Nee-san is great indeed.

>this month's chapter
I can't wait to read the next one!
>>
>>2020585
>>2020731
>>2020747
--What made you want to create “Yagate Kimi ni Naru?”

Nakatani: Originally, around the time I was drawing a lot of doujinshi about girls, I apparently came off to people as “a person who draws yuri." But the point of the doujinshi I was making was not romance, so I had to wonder if it was okay to really call what I was making "yuri." Around that time I decided “I want to go all out and make a yuri love story this time,” and that’s when you contacted me [and asked if I wanted to draw a series for Dengeki Daioh].

Head editor: I have to say, I was pretty surprised to learn that you were drawing girls kissing but didn’t consider that to be yuri (laugh).

Nakatani: Now that you mention it, yeah, I guess I did draw that stuff like that too… I’ve always liked troubled romances, so I wasn’t even considering whether what I was drawing was yuri or not.

(I'm pretty sure this editor is the same one who reached out to her but I'm too lazy to double check)
>>
>>2020731
If you're talking about pixiv tags, those weren't tagged by her. She has wondered on Twitter if what she drew would qualify as yuri. I've been following her on Twitter for years now and she once said...

>I thought that I just liked stories where "it just happens that the person the character falls in love with is of the same gender" (read: single target sexuality) and not because it's yuri/les but recently I'm not so confident about that.

Her earlier works were probably drawn from such a perspective, but her later works weren't, based on how she got a lot more comfortable with calling her works yuri.

It's not that she wasn't aware of the genre, though it probably took time to hone her goggles. The first time she remembered being aware that she liked yuri was due to the zero pair in loveless (no idea when she read/watched it. The askfm page has long disappeared). She then said that she's pretty sure she liked yuri way before that. She read "Harmony" long ago and liked it but when told there was yuri in it, she wondered "was there?" and wondered if she should go re-read it. She then noted that she would probably find it very yuri if she were to read it now.
>>
>>2020805
Thank you, much clearer now.

Nakatani drew lesbians, and she's aware she has always been drawing lesbians. It's just that lesbianism and lesbian romance had never been what she wanted to tell through her doujin (similar how Murcielago is "not yuri", despite having lots of yuri), that's why she's unsure of calling her stuff yuri.
>>
>>2020816
I dont think there is anything surprising about that.

People were watching anime in the 90's before they even knew it was "anime" and came from a different country. It's pretty much a similar concept here.
>>
By the way, the first doujin she drew as a straight up (no pun intended) yuri doujin was a RemiSaku one.
>>
>>2020822

Was that actually the first yuri doujin she drew? I mean, it's the first one that was translated as far as I know, sure. But beyond that I dont know.

Even back then, I knew there was something really great about this author when she did Sakuya and Remilia's confrontation.
>>
>>2020833
https://twitter.com/nakataniii/status/234843433431347200
>>
>>2020816
That depends on when you consider is "a long time ago," doesn't it? I started following her since 2010, and she has always tagged yuri by herself (asterisk tag).

And her experience with yuri is nothing strange. I myself watched Sailor Moon and never noticed there was yuri (my country's dub didn't alter Michiru/Haruka relationship). It wasn't until Marimite that it struck me "oh, so two girls can love each other that way." And I crushed on girls years before I watched either of those anime, without knowing what homosexuality is.

That's just how concepts work. Just because you don't know what it's called, doesn't mean you aren't doing it.
>>
File: touhou-ginnohi-040.png (169 KB, 1414x2000) Image search: [Google]
touhou-ginnohi-040.png
169 KB, 1414x2000
>>2020833
I don't know about private doujin that she never released but this is definitely the first doujin she sold.
>>
>>2020839

Translate it, weebs
>>
>>2020840
Talking about yuri and actually tagging her own art as yuri are two different things. Nobody is saying it's surprising either. Are we really going to fight about who followed her first?

https://twitter.com/nakataniii/status/3799970468
>>
>>2020848
>fighting about who followed her first
Your reading comprehension is astounding.

You said in >>2020816 that the 百合 tag on pixiv weren't tagged by her, so I corrected that misinformation of yours. Nakatani had known what yuri is and tagged her stuff as yuri as far back as 2009 (that's why when I followed her around 2010, I had always seen her tagging her own stuff as such). Earliest pixiv post with her own yuri tag: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=4532684

Do you even know how pixiv tagging works? Tags with asterisk are tags added by the artist themselves, and other people cannot change it. Tags without asterisk are added in by other people, and can be deleted by anybody with a pixiv account.

Also that's why I said be careful with what you meant by Nakatani not knowing what she drew is yuri "way back then." How far ago is it? Because it's sure hadn't been the case since 2009.
>>
>>2020883
And you know that not all of them were tagged by her?

I'm not saying that she considered all her art non yuri or that she didn't know that any of it was yuri at all. I'm just saying that she had some art that you and I would consider yuri, even though she didn't consider them as such. You need only read that tweet and the tweet she replied to, to know that this has happened before.
gist:
>tfw what you didn't intend to be yuri is tagged as yuri
>I know that feel

I knew about this because something she wrote back then prompted me to take a closer look at her views on yuri.
>>
>>2005024
I started reading yesterday and am now caught up. When does it start getting good?
>>
>>2005606
This. It's starting to turn into a borefest at this point. There better be some actual progress in the next volume.
>>
>>2011758
>Sayaka's in love with Touko
What? No. actually. I suspected that too but you say it as if it was confirmed somewhere.
>>
>>2022320(You)
>>2022326(You)
>>2022329(You)
It never gets good, and everyone except for Touko and Yuu's sister identifies zirself as an aromantic/asexual demigender.
In fact, the whole manga is about Touko realizing that there's no place in the modern world for an old fashioned lesbian like her. The last chapter will follow Yuu helping Touko choose her new genderqueer pronouns and they'll live an happy asexual life together.
>>
>>2022345
>zirself ... aromantic/asexual demigender.

This kills the brain cells.
>>
>>2022345
This sounds like the premise to an interesting manga if you took out the tumblr-esque terms from it.
>>
>>2022359
It really doesn't.
>>
>>2022359
You mean a concept where the lesbian is surrounded by completely straight women and has absolutely no chance for romance? Could work as a comedy, if not too depressing.
>>
>>2022366
>surrounded by completely straight women
More like. surrounded by asexual woman.
>>
>>2022366
But that already happened.
It's called maria holic. And it was still depressing.
>>
>>2022366
>lesbian is surrounded by completely straight women and has absolutely no chance for romance
Just like real life! No thank you.
>>
>>2022411
How did that end anyway?
>>
File: 1457200699150.png (126 KB, 472x702) Image search: [Google]
1457200699150.png
126 KB, 472x702
>>2022366
That sounds like a normal school day for me.

I'm in a only girls school
>>
>>2022440
Stop joking around, Wilbur.
>>
>>2022444
>Lillie
>trips
This entire post is beautiful.
>>
>>2022420
This is pretty much all of asia besides a few exceptions. Homosexuality as a community/culture only exists in the US and Europe. Here you will be hard pressed to find someone who would confess that they are homosexual, that being said we don't know what goes on with them in private.
>>
Fanart!
>>
File: 51Y8su2VmJL.jpg (51 KB, 352x500) Image search: [Google]
51Y8su2VmJL.jpg
51 KB, 352x500
The cover of volume 2 has been posted.
>>
>>2026859

This was already in the Special with the sister
>>
>>2026861
That one had no color.
>>
So is Yuu asexual or something?
>>
>>2027449
Does it really matter to anyone other than tumblr?
>>
>>2027500
To memesters it obviously matters a lot.
>>
>>2027500
I like how you say that like all of Tumblr is just one person.
>>
>>2029304

That's because it is.
>>
>>2027449
No, she's clearly a lithoromantic demisexual genderqueer who identifies by the pronouns xe/xir/xirself.
>>
>>2024645

Cuteeee!!!
>>
The design of her older sister is wonderful the two MCs designs seem quite bland compared to this goddess
>>
>>2031944
>quite bland
That's part of their charm.
>>
>>2031944
It's a clever technique for meeting editor-san's deadlines.
>>
File: perfection.png (367 KB, 684x1182) Image search: [Google]
perfection.png
367 KB, 684x1182
>>2032045
>>2032053

Nah but seriously, maybe it's going over my head (or I'm overthinking it) but there has to be a meaning to it.

The amount of detail and beauty compared to the two cods that serve as MCs, it's crazy.

>That's part of their charm.

Yeah maybe that's the point...
>>
>>2032177
Youre over thinking it. These characters arent necessarily less detailed than the MC's, so it's not like they would save significantly more time just drawing them.
>>
>>2032177
She is just more mature
>>
>>2015089
Not the op but thanks. I got it mixed up and thought that the lying part was referred to yuu promising senpai not to change.
>>
>>2013624
Yuu got rekt, faggot
>>
>>2016350
Kek
>>
>>2018007
This would be an interesting turn
>>
Nakatani and Canno(A Kiss A White Lily) had a double interview:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51522471.html
>>
>>2038149
What?
>>
>>2038156
It's an interview with Nakatani and the author of AnoKiss, what's not to understand?
>>
>>2038149

Anything interesting? I can't read Japanese.

God, I can't wait for next chapter.
>>
>>2038149
>interview
More like a friendly chat about yuri tastes.

>男女でもBLでもなく、なぜ百合を描き続けるのか
>If you like other romance genres as well why do you continue to write yuri
>仲谷: 可愛い子と可愛い子が、可愛い事をしてたほうが可愛いじゃんって。
>Nakatani: because cute girl doing cute things with other cute girl is cuter

How can one person be so based?
Waifufag inside me was never so loud.

Also, she draws everything by herself without assistants because she's too shy and wants to control everything by herself. Same with Canno - draws everything without regular assistants (friends help her sometimes) and has a "fear of blank space" which always tries to fill with something.
>>
>>2038149

I have a little bit of a author crush on nakatani at this point. her art is 100% my type, she plays all my favorite games, posts cute pics of food....

and bloom into you is. so fucking good.
>>
File: 1.jpg (182 KB, 690x1635) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
182 KB, 690x1635
>>
File: 2.jpg (205 KB, 690x1635) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
205 KB, 690x1635
>>
File: 3.jpg (28 KB, 690x1636) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
28 KB, 690x1636
>>
>>2038789
yuu's blushing, so ooc
>>
>>2005590
>handsome lass
>egg
Kek
>>
>>2038789
Cause she's got fingers inside her cooch
>>
>>2038801
I think that's pretty much a natural reaction when someone's masturbating you
>>
>>2039181
Directed at
>>2038801
>>
>checking the JP Amazon top 100 in the Comic Books & Graphic Novels category
>Yagakimi vol 2 both paper and Kindle version are up there, with the latter even being in the top 10
Impressive. I had no idea the manga was getting popular to this extent.
>>
>>2039188
>Citrus and this will inevitably get an anime

What a time to be alive
>>
>>2039188
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/2bdfykjdodqn990

fuck yes

I wonder how long Nakatani plans to make Yagakimi?
>>
>>2039194
Citrus can fuck right off.
>>
>>2039270
But citrus satisfies one's needs
>>
File: agh.jpg (192 KB, 314x450) Image search: [Google]
agh.jpg
192 KB, 314x450
I feel like I've been waiting for this chapter for forever. Hopefully scans will come quick.
>>
>>2039398

Transitioning into Summer uniform now?

Is it time for the Beach chapter!?
>>
>>2039399

isn't that just their normal uniform without the jacket thing?
>>
>>2039188
I don't think it's that popular, but it sure got a decent amount of reader now. Let's hope vol 2 chart Oricon top 50 ranking. If it managed to do it then we can hope for more yuri in dengeki in the future.
>>
>>2039398
I'm so excited!
>>
bless u based nakatani
>>
>>2039194
> putting citrus on the same par as yagakimi

anon why did you make me read that sentence with my own two eyes?
>>
>>2039563
>still butthurt
>>
>>2039501
I honestly cannot remember the last time I've seen a yuri manga charting this high, except for Yuru Yuri.
>>
File: 2.jpg (324 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
324 KB, 900x1273
I think this extra chapter. I found on a Chinese website.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bb1c8chyzay7w4k/1.rar
>>
>>2040003

source? I wanna stalk lol
>>
>>2040003
Yep. That's the extra that comes with buying the second volume from melonbooks.
>>
>>2040003

yuu's softball kouhais: yuu-senpai is so cool?/graceful?/handsome? always so coolheaded, like when she's defending

Nanami, to Yuu: That's what they say, Yuu-senpai.

Yuu blushing/embarrassed

Nanami: The word 帅 (cool, handsome, whatever) is particularly effective on her. I should remember that.

my chinese has gotten so shitty, holy fuck
>>
File: Untitled picture.png (191 KB, 470x415) Image search: [Google]
Untitled picture.png
191 KB, 470x415
wait i'm confused, is this extra the only chapter we're getting this month?
>>
>>2040100

Read the thread
>>
File: fuck.png (76 KB, 167x362) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
76 KB, 167x362
>>2040102
if the scans for the extra are up, where's the chap?
>>
>>2040105
Aren't you dumb. Extras are from the tank, next chap is from magazine.
>>
>>2040107
new desu
>>
>>2040064
http://www.yamibo.com/
>>
File: 1.jpg (89 KB, 440x782) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
89 KB, 440x782
and I found these scans on Weibo.
>>
File: 2.jpg (87 KB, 440x587) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
87 KB, 440x587
>>
File: 3.jpg (79 KB, 440x587) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
79 KB, 440x587
>>
File: 4.jpg (81 KB, 440x587) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
81 KB, 440x587
>>
File: 5.jpg (73 KB, 440x587) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
73 KB, 440x587
>>
>>2040299
Whoa. Who are they?
>>
>>2040302
I think it's a teacher and Lady of the cafe (chapter 3) but I could be wrong.
>>
>>2040304
Nice.
>>
>>2040304

the combination of

a) what happened in citrus and

b) the (presumably) disproportionate to the actual chapter 50/50 of new lesbians/main characters in these pictures

is making me irrationally nervous, even though I trust nakatani's storytelling.
>>
>>2040318
What are you talking about? And what does Citrus have anything to do with this?
I don't mind new characters, the fact that they are adults is probably going to play an important role for the MCs.
>>
>>2040327

citrus tapered off pretty hard when it started spamming new characters

like I said, it's irrational paranoia because 80% of the time yuri manga sucks and yagakimi has been surprisingly good. it also doesn't help that the person who posted the pics on weibo said that the story is going in a mysterious direction and they're lost, lol
>>
>>2040297
fucking hell, nakatani really knows how to structure/ultilize her panels
>>
>>2040357
The story-board of last chapter was fucking perfect.
>>
File: 001.png (2 MB, 1448x2048) Image search: [Google]
001.png
2 MB, 1448x2048
>>
File: 002.png (2 MB, 1448x2048) Image search: [Google]
002.png
2 MB, 1448x2048
>>
File: 003.png (2 MB, 1448x2048) Image search: [Google]
003.png
2 MB, 1448x2048
>>
File: 004.png (2 MB, 1448x2048) Image search: [Google]
004.png
2 MB, 1448x2048
>>
File: 005.png (4 MB, 1448x2048) Image search: [Google]
005.png
4 MB, 1448x2048
>>
wat does those page mean? seem fun. Can anyone translate it?
>>
>>2040357
>>2040363
I think the word you're looking for is 'paneling'.
>>
File: 07 - neKiKj9.jpg (705 KB, 1114x1590) Image search: [Google]
07 - neKiKj9.jpg
705 KB, 1114x1590
is the teacher!!
>>
File: 021.jpg (1007 KB, 1108x1590) Image search: [Google]
021.jpg
1007 KB, 1108x1590
>>2040506
and the other seems to be...
>>
>>2040299
Cute!
>>
File: ChIJllPVEAARsng.jpg (106 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
ChIJllPVEAARsng.jpg
106 KB, 600x800
>>
File: ChIJlmtUkAAiBr9.jpg (154 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
ChIJlmtUkAAiBr9.jpg
154 KB, 768x1024
>>
File: ChIJlpGVEAEC9CP.jpg (114 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
ChIJlpGVEAEC9CP.jpg
114 KB, 768x1024
>>
File: IMAG0283.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0283.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
>Touko-senpai
My fucking heart.
>>
>>2040557
I'm going to fucking DIE this shit is too cute

source please?
>>
>>2040523
>>2040525
I can't belive she buy a /u/ novel at Yuu's bookstore.

>>2040557
This manga is to good to be real.
>>
File: IMAG0284.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0284.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
>>2040560
Source is me.
>>
>>2040584
Omg I love you
>>
I thought they didn't like each-other after last chapter.
>>
>>2040588
You might want to work on your reading comprehension skills, then.
>>
Yuu is smooth as fuck.
>>
>>2040584
I love you..
>>
i'm a mess at japanese,what are they saying?
>>
>>2040615
The pleasure of being cummed inside.
>>
>>2040615
They decide to call each other by their first name.
>>
>>2040336
>citrus tapered off pretty hard when it started spamming new characters
My thoughts exactly, so I'm a bit nervous as well here.
>>
>>2040631
>it happened in X, then it could happen in this one too because they're both yuri manga so they must be similar
Horrible logic. And it's not like Citrus was ever good anyway.
>>
>>2040336
>>2040631
>>2040632
>citrus
>new characters
Citrus has only antagonistic plot devices, not characters.

That said, I still wonder how sensei and her gf are relevant in this story.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.