[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rinne no Lagrange
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: 1328530368280.gif (489 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1328530368280.gif
489 KB, 400x225
What went wrong?
>>
>>1991305
Should've just been SOL, no mechas.
>>
File: 0014.jpg (705 KB, 1000x798) Image search: [Google]
0014.jpg
705 KB, 1000x798
>>
>>
>>1991305
More time kissing, and the end was fine and kind of realistic but they need a few years time skip and then a slice of life after Madoka and Lan get married.
>>
Too much time politically stabbing and backstabbing stuff, not nearly enough time maru maruing.
>>
>>1991305
Madoka and Muginami didn't kiss
>>
Mugi.
>>
>>1991305
Literally everything once Lan's brother became a more persistent presence and the show and plot got too big for the writers to competently handle.

Then the pacing and tone got out of control where it seems like they solved everything, then everybody's shit was unfucked, then holy shit it's the end of the universe and you're just burned out because it doesn't even mean anything anymore.
>>
>>1991352
This tho.
>>
File: lagrange15.jpg (107 KB, 631x353) Image search: [Google]
lagrange15.jpg
107 KB, 631x353
Plotwise, kinda just dumping us into the whole sci-fi aspect rather than balancing it out a bit more across both seasons.
Yuri-appreciation-wise, bloody purist anons with their anti-polygamy bullshit ruining the threads. Because apparently three girls making out with each other suddenly makes it less gay.
>>
File: lagrange98.jpg (201 KB, 985x554) Image search: [Google]
lagrange98.jpg
201 KB, 985x554
Also thread needs drunk cousin sex
>>
>>1991409
That's because S1 went from a fairly sincere yuri relationship between Madoka and Lan, with Mugi cheerleading on the sidelines, to season 2's no-homo 3some gags. I didn't watch it at the time, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it disappointing.
>>
>>1991418
Maybe from a disgruntled MadoLan shipper perspective, but I'm still not sure how this makes things "no-homo". What with the whole kissing followed by international business venture.

Then again, this was years before Yuyushiki aired.
>>
>>1991409

It went nowhere. That's what made it less gay.
>>
>>1991429
Far as I can tell, the development of the relationship between the girls had simply reached its peak. If you were to take out the whole mecha plot, the rest of the season would've just been more angst and tropes that you all hate (eg. there's a fourth person who wants to grind Madoka). Yeah, they probably could've paced it better, but you get the idea.
>>
>>1991395
>Lan's brother
I thought he was Muginami's "brother"?
>>
>>1991633
Lan had a big brother too. I think he ended up getting de-aged for some reason.
>>
>>1991305
Let's start from the top.

What was charming about S1 was that Madoka was a well-meaning idiot tricked into fighting for a cause without knowing what it was all about. It was entertaining to see a clueless yet competent girl do all the right things in a giant robot without caring about what was happening in the background. This was also backed up by her altruistic personality so we knew exactly why she piloting a giant robot even if she was unaware of the politics.

Once they started developing the story or developing what was happening in the background, that's when problems happen. The conflict between the two planets who wear about to collide was brought up and discarded in about 4 episodes. The two leaders just shook hands and forgot about it as 'it'll take a hundred years before the collision happens.'

Since they resolved it so fast, it makes you wonder why there was even build up in the first place.
Secondly, it wasn't even a satisfying resolution as all they've really done was kick the can down the road for the next generation to pick up. I'll accept that this is still a viable method as politicians do this quite a lot but nonetheless point one still stands.

The final arc was disappointing. Suddenly what'shisname went crazy after 4 episodes of SOL with little or no build up. What should have happened was more character development as to why Lan's Brother was obsessed with revenge. The Lagrange, Giant Flower also received little to no explanation.

So what did work? Madoka. She was funny, altruistic, hard-working and she fulfilled her role well as the clueless protag fighting for a alien's war.
>>
>>1991350
They had some cute scenes in season 1, but I can tell which one i liked more back then with Muginami.
>>
All I remember about this is "wan" and "maru".
>>
It's been years since I watched it, but in short, it's subtextshit that doesn't go anywhere.
>>
This show was pretty frustrating to watch for me, and not just because of the lack of yuri developments.

I'm a fan of intelligent and competent protagonists, not ones who just win because they have high willpower or whatever. Marika from Mouretsu Pirates was much more appealing to me.
>>
>>1994577
>I'm a fan of intelligent and competent protagonists
What are you doing watching anime?
>>
>>1994609
Not all anime characters win through sheer willpower.

The number of main characters who aren't stupid or win on sheer willpower maybe a minority but they still exist.
>>
>>1994577
Marika was great. Too bad movie happened.
>>
>>1991305
>wrong
What did he mean by this?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.