[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Omoide no Marnie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11
Did we like this film, /u/?
>>
Is that the one where the blond is a ghost? or like, the past version of the one on the right's grandma? I very vaguely remember a film like that with similar looks.

It was dumb.
>>
>>
File: 50644192_p0.jpg (397 KB, 1231x833) Image search: [Google]
50644192_p0.jpg
397 KB, 1231x833
>>
>>1966381
I think it's the one where the girl was the grandma.
I don't know how to feel about yuri with ghost grandmas past self but it's definitely interesting.
>>
>tfw all the yuri romance between Anna and Marnie gets all awkward once the audience gets the big reveal at the end
>>
File: when marnie was there1.png (252 KB, 724x404) Image search: [Google]
when marnie was there1.png
252 KB, 724x404
It was good. Not all that /u/ though
>>
>>1966366
The ending twist killed me and all the Yuri vibes
>>
>>
>>1966415
You're weak.
>>
>>1966422
Yes...I am, I should not let ghosts and long lost grandmas get in the way of my Yuri !!!
>>
File: sayonara.jpg (2 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
sayonara.jpg
2 MB, 4320x2432
Funny this thread should pop up, today I discovered I have a doujinshi for this.
>>
File: 51627134_p6_master1200.jpg (242 KB, 381x538) Image search: [Google]
51627134_p6_master1200.jpg
242 KB, 381x538
Glad to see this film get nominated for an Oscar, especially since it was mostly ignored in theaters.
>>
>>1966366
>inb4 it wins the Oscar
>>
>>1966415
Why? Ghost Marnie was inspired by grandma Marnie but they weren't the same person. For Anna she was just her perfect imaginary girlfriend, which indicates that, aside suffering from lonelines, Anna was sexualy awakening as lesbian.
>>
>>1966477
it won't, it's up against Inside out, last Ghibli movie to win was Spirited away and that was 15 years ago and there wasn't much competition that year(the academy barely pays attention to animated movies, Inside out will get a ton of votes for the Pixar logo alone)
>>
>>1966480
It's a great movie btw, I was just expecting a little Yuri
>>
>>1966494
>>1966415
>these reaction images
>>
>>1966430
Is it any good?
>>
>>1966483
This is true, I like inside out but this is just so much better..no one gives a shit tho
>>
File: Marnie.full.1862747.jpg (985 KB, 1920x860) Image search: [Google]
Marnie.full.1862747.jpg
985 KB, 1920x860
Would you with the shoujo ghost version of your grandma, /u/?
>>
I was expecting /u/ but the plot twist made me deu, i enjoyed the movie
>>
I want a sequel set ten years later where Anna attends art college in the city and has to put up with Marnie's 22-year-old ghost constantly asking when she'll get to meet Anna's girlfriend.
>>
>>1966496
It takes the particularly gay scenes from the movie and adds kissing to them. The art is not great for the most part. So the answer is no, not really.
>>
>>1966483
>>1966497
I don't like automatically handing the prize to Disney either, but this time they earned it. Inside Out is one of their best films while Marnie's decent but nothing special, aside from the ghost lesbian incest.
>>
>>1966816
Yes I guess that's something to think about, because it's one of Pixars best movies up against one of ghiblis alright movie
>>
>>1966645

I think I would. She was beautiful when she was young.

God, I miss her.
>>
>>1966816
>>1966952
I disagree. They share the same theme, but Marnie had much more finesse to me.
>>
>>1966816
not saying Inside Out doesn't deserve it(Hell honestly if it weren't for the Academy's anti animation bias it probably should have been nominated for best picture), but that the Academy is kinda notorious for not taking the animated movie category seriously, members will vote on it while maybe having actually seen only 1 or 2 movies in the category.
>>
>>
>>1967467
>members will vote on it while maybe having actually seen only 1 or 2 movies in the category.
I thought they were required to see all the nominees?
>>
>>1967503
Maybe officially, but they aren't required to prove they have. There's some depressing comments from anonymous Academy voters in this article, including someone who referred to The Tale of Princess Kaguya and The Song of the Sea as "two obscure freakin’ Chinese fuckin’ things that nobody ever freakin’ saw" while voting for Big Hero 6:
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
>>
>>1967537
That's disgustingly unprofessional.
And people look at these awards as some kind of supreme indication of quality.
>>
I love it for the beautiful visuals but other than that, the plot and characters felt too awkward so it's not one of my favorite SG films.
I also watched it initially for the yuri undertones but was disappointed to learn it was her Grandmother's ghost so it feels wrong now.
>>
>>1966409
Not gonna lie, I didn't know whether to feel really awkward in the theater or to be really interested in the potential out of the box yuri relationship
>>
>>1966816
I disagree. I saw both, and Inside Out felt flat to me. I'm normally a sucker for Pixar and Disney movies, but the big emotional scenes just seemed childish and cliche. Not very remarkable as far as Pixar films go. Meanwhile Marnie is a fantastic film from start to finish. Classic Ghibli story about growing up.
Pixar will win though, because there's no requirement for Academy members to actually watch any of the films they vote for, and most just vote for whatever animated movie their kids liked best.
>>
>>1967582
The german translation made it worse because they kept being super gay and nobody speaks with their friends like that. It was super embarrassing to watch knowing the end. I was the only one in the theater so I didnt have to feel that awkward about it

>>1967545
Welcome to the academy.
>>
>>1967989
HOW gay was the German version?
>>
>>1967989
The french version was also pretty gay.
>Marnie, je t'aime! Je t'aime plus que tout!
>>
>>1966366
I liked it. It's my favorite Ghibli film. I've only watched Spirited Away other than this though, which was just too confusing for me.
>>
>>1966366
I liked it a lot and some of the parts were so, so heart warming. That said I did feel that it had some pacing issues towards the end. That wasn't such a bad thing, I'd still say it was a solid film and it warmed my heart very much with the scenes of Marnie and the main character.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.