[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sakura and tomoyo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 80
Are not them one of the cutest couple ever?
>>
File: images.jpg (25 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
25 KB, 443x332
>>1948253
*they
>>
File: images.jpg (24 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
24 KB, 485x303
>>1948253
>>
File: images.jpg (28 KB, 456x322) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
28 KB, 456x322
>>1948253
>>
>>1948253
>>
>>1948253
I like to believe that once she got into High School, Sakura ran back into Tomoyo after she hit puberty and realized what she let slip away, and then breaks up with whats his face to get her girl.
>>
>>1948421
I always wanted at least one kiss in the anime
>>
>>1948253
Saving thread
>>
>>1948559
It's CLAMP. Happiness in general is basically out of the question.
>>
File: 51311746_p0.jpg (1 MB, 4000x2500) Image search: [Google]
51311746_p0.jpg
1 MB, 4000x2500
>>
>>1949943
Hey! Kamui's mom and Kotori's mom were really happy with each other. They were so happy that one of them gave birth a child from some unknown guy while the other married some shrine guy, gave birth to two children and died on the other one place. A lovely love story. Fucking CLAMP.
>>
>>1950434
Has CLAMP ever done a yuri happy ending?
>>
>>1950561
No, of course not. CLAMP only, as far as I know, has two happy endings: CCS and Rayearth and both are het. Other series have bittersweet endings or are in "eternal hiatus".
>>
File: tumblr_nz3yp08suu1s60ffpo1_1280.jpg (496 KB, 1280x1919) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz3yp08suu1s60ffpo1_1280.jpg
496 KB, 1280x1919
>>
>>1948253
Saving thread
>>
>>1950608
Weird, I think I remember one of their works actually has yuri end couple in it albeit not a good end. I keep thinking it's Blood-C but they're not actually CLAMP aren't they?
>>
>>1948253
They are cute all right, but thinking of Tomoyo still fucking hurts.

Sakura and Syaoran are probably the most well-known and undisputed pairing of CLAMP. It's so damn unfair that Sakura's bro can have requited gay love, but Tomoyo cannot.

But carry on, oneesama-gata.
>>
>>1957768
CLAMP was very involved in the making of Blood-C
>>
File: Sakura_Tomoyo_1.jpg (292 KB, 1280x909) Image search: [Google]
Sakura_Tomoyo_1.jpg
292 KB, 1280x909
>>1948559
;_;
>>
File: Sakura_Tomoyo_07.jpg (266 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Sakura_Tomoyo_07.jpg
266 KB, 1280x960
>>1948253
>>1948256
>>1948260
>>1948286
Moonknives is a god amongst men.
>>
>>1957784
i know
>>
>>1957768
Blood C is, canonically, a part of the CLAMP (clusterfuck) multiverse. If my memory doesn't fails me, Watanuki (XXXholic) makes a cameo.

>>1957769
Worst part? Sakura would have love Syaoran even if he were a girl. In an interview CLAMP said that Sakura would fall in love with every time they met, no matter the form his soul takes.
>>
File: 1.jpg (261 KB, 958x860) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
261 KB, 958x860
>>
File: 2.jpg (198 KB, 960x777) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
198 KB, 960x777
>>1959215
>>
File: 3.jpg (218 KB, 957x820) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
218 KB, 957x820
>>1959216
>>
File: 4.jpg (205 KB, 956x719) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
205 KB, 956x719
>>1959217
>>
File: 5.jpg (172 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
172 KB, 960x717
>>1959218
My heart.
>>
So sad they made Tomoyo straight in Reservoir Chronicles.
>>
>>1959221
Soul mates, destiny, wishes, yada yada. TRC was a clusterfuck and shouldn't be named.
>>
File: tumblr_nxbc0pe1HP1u4rotvo1_1280.jpg (404 KB, 1040x1456) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxbc0pe1HP1u4rotvo1_1280.jpg
404 KB, 1040x1456
>>1959219
Ugh. My soul hurts. It's so much more horrible when you look back and realize that out of all the fictional characters you have known since then, Tomoyo still makes the top 5 list of genuinely sweetest, kindest human beans ever.

>>1959221
That shit shouldn't even exist. I refuse to acknowledge it. Damn it, CLAMP. Though to be honest, the moment they started "AU"-ing their own work it was all downhill.
>>
File: a_tg__fied_syaoran_by_rezuban.jpg (85 KB, 800x812) Image search: [Google]
a_tg__fied_syaoran_by_rezuban.jpg
85 KB, 800x812
>>1959058
It's certainly sad for Tomoyo, but I would rather look on the bright side of the situation, relatively speaking.
>>
>>1959058
>multiverse
Man. why must everything be part of some shitty multiverse these days.

>>1959058
>In an interview CLAMP said that Sakura would fall in love with every time they met
Wow fuck that

>>1950608
>CLAMP only, as far as I know, has two happy endings: CCS and Rayearth
Chobits had a relatively good end. If you count pledging to be an eternal virgin "good"
I think Kobato too??
Chobits also had those two palmtops that were definitely in lesbians with each other.
>>
>>1959378
>Wow fuck that
They are soulmates. It's one of those pairings that an author loves no matter what.

I don't remember if this was in the anime, but in the manga Sakura explicitly says that her feeling for Mizuki Kajo are just like her feelings for Yukito (as in being in love) and she doesn't really cared that Kajo was a woman. Granted, later it was revealed that her attraction to her, and Yukito, was a magical thing, but my point stands. She didn't care at all.
>>
>>1959378
>spoiler
That and abandoning love with another human for a "relationship" with a non-sentient computer.
>>
>>1959426
He never "abandoned" love for another human as Chii was the one who he fell in love with.
As for the sentience part, the manga focused a lot on depicting Persocoms as not so different than humans despite being AIs.I'm pretty sure the ability to think for themselves, make decisions etc is generally the proof of sentience no matter what powers your brain. They were more advanced androids than todays computers as you understand them in human skin. And the controversy of creation and bonding with artificial life has been there in fiction since forever.
>>
>>1959452
IIRC they say in the end that Chii is only acting out her programming, which is supposed to be an argument for non-sentience. I always thought it was BS, tho, because all living beings are acting out of commands that have their basis in DNA: eat so you don't die (enforced via hunger), don't do this because it's risky (enforced via fear), etc. We're not necessary the same type of computer as the kind we use every day, but we're certainly *a* type of computer.
>>
>>1959472
Sentience means that you can go beyond your "programming", though.

"That place/thing is dangerous. Feel fear." you get that command, and then you ignore it and go and do whatever you wanted to do. Having desires that go beyond your biological needs (pursuing arts, for example), etc.

If I remember correctly, Chii and the others were programmed to imitate a human being, but didn't really think for themselves beyond what they were programmed, making them "automatons" rather than AI's
>>
>>1959472
An interesting argument, but humans frequently act contrary to their "programming".

A computer that's programming says, "flash this light twice" will do so if at all possible.

A human who's DNA/programming says, pull your hand back from fire when it burns you can ignore that impulse and continue to let their hand burn.

All things everywhere act out laws and equations. But there's a big difference between the "computations" of a human and something running on a computer language.
>>
>>1959480
No one says future computers won't have critical thinking abilities and won't be able to "go against their programming" under some kind of circumstances though
We aren't sure how actual brains works that well yet, it will take a long time to make a semi decent artificial brain.
>>
>>1959477
I define sentience as self-awareness. You can be perfectly sentient and obey whatever commands you're given.

>>1959480
That's because the human perceives a reward from continuing to let their hand burn for whatever reason. Our programming isn't just do X, it's "gauge the rewards of a task", which is something we're not good at making robots do yet.

In addition, DNA interacts in complex ways which aren't just "survive and propagate". Altruism has survived, even tho people will die for it, because overall altruism ups the survival of those with altruistic genes more than it kills them.

It's very hard to convince me that anyone is "going against their programming" even when they do things which end in their death. Either they have faulty programming somewhere (such as due to acquired disease like Creutzfeld-Jacobs), or whatever caused their death overall promotes the survival of a gene more than it causes death.
>>
>>1959221
With who? Kurogane? I'm pretty sure he's gay with his vampire faggot. Her relationship with Kurogane doesn't feel soulmate level to me.
>>
>>1959496
You fail at understand one thing: our DNA doesn't dictate every single aspect of our behavior. DNA can give you "tendencies" like being a "risk-taker" but it won't make you climb the Everest, and you can even overrule that tendencies.

Our instincts are buried in the "primitive" part of the brain and they can be, and usually are, overruled by the "advanced" parts of it like the cortex. That's where our memories and behavior are located. Being self aware is part of being sentient, but is not the only requirement. Obeying commands from a another person/being can be a conscious decision or a learned habit (dogs, cats, etc.) If your behavior relies entirely on your instincts (programming) you're not a sentient.
>>
>>1959496
I mean, not reproducing is certainly going against programming.

But my point was this

>DNA interacts in complex ways which aren't just "survive and propagate"

Saying that androids don't just act out their programming because DNA and code are both "programming", is like trying to make an argument that larger candles tend to burn at cooler temperatures, because Candles and Suns are both "fire". The difference in complexity level is unbridgeable. There are more than 35 trillion cells in your body, and each of those functions according to DNA with more than 3 billion base pairings. It's kind of nuts to try and compare any sort of computer-based system to that. The entirety of google's online systems code is 60% of the length of the DNA in one of your cells.

Yes, on a fundamental level, you operate based on rules (although let me point out that it isn't based on rules of survival and passing on genes, which is the point I was trying to make in that previous post, humans frequently do things that go against that directive; e.g. very intelligent people not reproducing because they don't think it's worth their own happiness)--the better point is that chemically, humans operate on specific formulaic reactions, which you could view as a sort of "programming". But even then, the complexity of the reactions is far beyond the relatively simple math that goes into a computer system.

You could certainly make the argument that free will does not exist in absolute form, because all human thought is fundamentally built on the laws of physics and chemical reactions, but humans don't act on programming, not the way a computer does.

Two Chii's will always handle a command the exact same way. Two humans, even clones raised in identical environments, will not.
>>
>>1959514
>Two Chii's will always handle a command the exact same way. Two humans, even clones raised in identical environments, will not.
Not that anon but the story behind Chobits was literally that there were two Chiis who only had one command "be happy" and it went completely different for both of them.
>>
Yeah, they are one of the most beautiful anime couples
>>
>>1959221
I'm miffed about the whole Fay(e)/Chii thing. Even if it's just implied, what about Hideki damn it?!
>>
Does anyone remember that bizarre phase where Tomoyo/Eriol was the number 2 ship in the fandom?
>>
>>1963173
That was when people refused to believe that he and Kaho were a thing. CLAMP really loves their pedophiles (yes, I know that Eriol is as old as Fujitaka is)
>>
>>1963177
Why with friggen Tomoyo though? It'd make just as much sense to bunt him off with oh, say, Naoko. I think she's the only character without the slightest bit of romantic subtext to anyone so she's totally available.
>>
>>1963181
Because they talked in the anime, and he was really cautious around her (because Tomoyo is cunning as fuck) people read too much into it, which helped them to fuel their denial of the canon pairing.

About Naoko, no one gave a damn about her then, no ones does it now. That should suffice as an answer.
>>
>>1963177

What about Rika and her teacher then? I don't recall seeing anyone trying to "fix" that. Complain about it? Sure. Try to ship them with different people? Never.
>>
>>1963270
I think the issue was that they saw something in the anime that wasn't there. Tomoyo only had eyes for Sakura, and Eriol was just being careful around Tomoyo because she could read him like an open book, but these people took their interactions as something more.
>>
File: tsubasa.jpg (107 KB, 842x474) Image search: [Google]
tsubasa.jpg
107 KB, 842x474
this is off-topic, but what was the point of this anime?
>>
>>1964849
The anime was pointless, except for the OST. The manga, on the other hand: to shit on Sakura, make a clusterfuck of shared universe (before it was cool) and make fans rage.
>>
>>1964856
I thought fans loved Tsubasa
>>
>>1964863
nope, many of them really hated it, because Tsubasa had nothing to do with sakura card captor
>>
>>1964864
Wasn't that why it was named "Tsubasa" and not "Card Captor Sakura 2"?
I mean, CCS isn't the only anime it takes characters from.
For the record, I absolutely hated it. But I've also seen only positive reception in my limited contact with the fanbase.
>>
>>1964863
It's really divisive. People wanted a CCS continuation, some of them thought CLAMP will deliver just that in an "alternate setting" with TRC. They were wrong, and got really mad for it.
>>
>>1964849
Is that the thing where Sakura and Li's son is in love with an alternate universe version of her mom?
>>
File: 2a51b115a161aaaab508d90b046c09d9.png (626 KB, 1000x1325) Image search: [Google]
2a51b115a161aaaab508d90b046c09d9.png
626 KB, 1000x1325
>>1964926
*His, sorry. It's a reflex around these parts.
>>
>>1964864
A lot people hated it because it also shifted focus away from Sakura - awesome heroine - to Li - boring walking cliche.

One thing about AUs is that the character should retain the "essence" of what made that character "them"/so special in the original. Tsubasa was basically badly written, badly characterized fanfic with annoying cameos that centered on the wrong protagonist, thus losing all the charm and likability of the original characters. Add that all up and you get the added feel that it was basically a sell-out by CLAMP to rake in money.
>>
>>1964926
>>1964928

No. It's a clusterfuck, but Sakura and Shaoran (from CCS) are not really involved except for Sakura giving away her staff as payment for some wish. all the Sakuras and Shaorans on TRC are clones from an alternate world that Fei Wong Reed made.
>>
I used to have a crush on tomoyo when I was 10
>>
>>1964928
>>1964928
where could i find more pics like that?
>>
Did CLAMP ever have the guts to make a manga that starred a gay couple, that were openly gay and in a relationship, and did gay stuff on camera?
>>
>>1965585
Yes. Card Captor Sakura.
>>
>>1965615
tomoyo never received a kiss from sakura ;_;
>>
>>1965630
GAY COUPLE. Didn't say only lesbian.
>>
>>1965909
No. The have a few canon side couples (Saya and Tohru from X) but the only "gay main" character would be Subaru (Tokyo Babylon) and he kinda kills his love interest (in X) before they can be anything more than enemies. Before you ask about Tohru and Saya, they are these two >>1950434
>>
>>1965980
Don't forget Sakura's bro and the friend.
>>
>>1966324
That's why I said "a few", even if they aren't main characters.
>>
My first thought on seeing MC's friend here was "Tomoyo clone".

Given this is a deconstruction of shows like CCS, I'm hoping that they intertwine tongues by the end of the series.
>>
>>1966513
>deconstruction

Sure it is.
>>
>>1966542
Anon probably meant parody. A deconstruction would make it worse instead.
>>
>>1966550
It wouldn't. People in the anime fandom don't have a clue of what a deconstruction is. No, Madoka (or Evangelion) is not a deconstruction.
>>
>>1948253
I like this ship, wish there was more.
>>
File: notmagicenough.jpg (59 KB, 369x349) Image search: [Google]
notmagicenough.jpg
59 KB, 369x349
>>1948421
>>1948559
This wont ever happen. not just because of picture related. but Honestly Tomoyos relationship with Sakura is not healthy, and down the future it's going to get creepy and fucking awful for all three of them. That one fic where meilin goes to get tomoyo to come back is probably the most on target even if the ending is garbage for the following reasons.
>>1959215
Look at this picture. This is Tomoyo, this is how she looks, mostly, age 10-12.
She's a late bloomer, but she's getting there. She's already proven to be obsessive, and to unhealthily invest almost all of her life into Sakura over being a lonely adorable sperg who was given an eraser. Now she's going through puberty at the same time As Syaoran and Sakura's relationship deepens. All that shit she says up there is going to break her, because she's going to realize when she can barely control her obsession with movies and moe costumes, when they both grow just a few years older strong-arming her friend into costumes isn't going to be an innocent thing they can do anymore. Sakura has always been embarrassed about being recorded, but soon she's going to be wanting her privacy when Tomoyo is going to be hating herself for secretly recording things she shouldn't be seeing.

Lines are going to be drawn in the sand, Tomoyo is going to get put in her place and punished for her actions, As much as Tomoyo is going to think she deserves it and as forgiving as Sakura is as a friend, It's going to be hard for Tomoyo to comply. Her Mother who is sill angsting over her own passion, who Tomoyo sort of looked down on ironically, will be no help in guiding her to healthy ways to heal. Tomoyo's life is Sakura, it's all going to come crumbling down when the fantasies that sustain her are suddenly destroying her relationship. When hormones and self hatred are blazing, Teenagers are dumb, but Tomoyo has a huge amount of autonomy and power at her finger tips.
>>
File: 0c8b77910cb7f37c1c04e96c64be8c40.jpg (309 KB, 1440x1000) Image search: [Google]
0c8b77910cb7f37c1c04e96c64be8c40.jpg
309 KB, 1440x1000
>>1968866
That mean's she's going to do things that can drastically change her life for the worse. In the fanfic, she moves out of the country. There are plenty of other options as well though. Tomoyo is affluent, her mother is caring but distant, she has a large budget of money, and her guards are both easy to evade if she wants and yet hardly blink an eye at what she does even when it's questionable in their presence. She has the mind to made poor choices. She could ruin her relationship with Sakura in seconds.

The final nail in the coffin is sakura's sexuality. Sakura is not straight. She is not Gay, She's not even bi. It's explained that Sakura is attracted to magic, or more directly, the magic within another person. It's hardly that much of a stretch that to keep lineages of magic strong the genes would pull the magically able to reproduce. Tomoyo has no magic, or so little as to not matter. She is literally not magic enough to catch any of Sakura's romantic interest. Sakura will never grow into adulthood and suddenly think Tomoyo is a looker. She might even think she's beautiful, but unless she gets more self-introspective, she probably just not understand why she isn't as into her beautiful Japanese princess shaped friend as she is to her.

To Sakura, No matter how close they get, Tomoyo is just not magic enough.
>>1957769
>>1959058
it's not even "syaoran", It's his magic. Syaoran is cute, but that alone isn't enough.

>>1963173
>>phase
You sweet summer child. Plenty of these fics are actually relatively new. It's the result of Cardcaptors most likely. Even for people who now know about CCS, CC is probably what they grew up with.
>>1963181
Pair the spares

>>1966611
language is a living thing, calm your tits
>>
File: tumblr_melq4w88H51rxmk5uo1_1280.jpg (531 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_melq4w88H51rxmk5uo1_1280.jpg
531 KB, 707x1000
>>1968866
As much as I think Tomoyo's full sexual awakening is going to tear her apart, I can't help but want to see this idea played out in fanfic form myself. it's also an idea I played with for a Madoka Magica crossover.

Tomoyo certainly would seem like an easy sell to Kyuubei. and all things considered, Tomoyo has to be wanting something like that for herself after being so disconnected, Powerless to protect her loved one from dangers she faces, herself or her magical encounters.

The main reason I dropped it is because I couldnt think of the right wish for Tomoyo. The idea is rife for dramatic conflict though, which is what I look for in good story ideas. Tomoyo will grow distant, gain magic, and start doing the rounds, dedicating her life to protect sakura without the trouble of needing to be her friend and restrain her feelings every day. Sakura, already concerned about her friend, starts hearing whispers of new magical girls and enemies who have so far dodged her past selfs prepubescent notice.

This is all great, but coming up with a good wish to enhance rather than distract from that conflict is harder than it seems.
>>
>>1968866
>>1968868
You have a terrible grasp on Tomoyo's character. While there's no doubt there's a shitload of angst in her future, jumping immediately to "uncontrollable obsessive crazy" is a reach. It's already been shown in series that Tomoyo is well aware of her unrequited love, and has already come to terms with it. It won't make her heartache any less, but it's not like some sudden realization it's never going to happen is going to toss her over the proverbial cliff. And I have no idea where you're pulling this "secretly filming Sakura against her will" from. She puts Sakura first, so if Sakura told her to stop, she would. Tomoyo's a martyr character - she'd do more harm to herself (not physically, I don't buy the suicidal Tomoyo trope that's so popular) before she'd hurt Sakura. And even after all that, even considering her admittedly unhealthy obsession, Tomoyo is still one of the more balanced, self aware characters in the series, something Eriol notes (which bizarrely lead to some people shipping them).

>Sakura is not straight. She is not Gay, She's not even bi. It's explained that Sakura is attracted to magic
I'll take shit that never happened for 500 Alex! Yes, Sakura is innately attracted to magic (as is Syaoran). It makes her feel safe and fluffy and etc. And only once does she construe it as romantic - Yue. With Kaho and Eriol it's framed as a pretty platonic draw. Plus that hardly means she is ONLY capable of being attracted to magic. Her sexual orientation has yet to be stated, though most signs do point towards hetero. But then, she's still fucking 10 years old.

>Cardcaptors
Ugh. And I had just about forgotten this horrible dreck existed. Ah, the good ol' days when American networks completely butcher anime series as to not offend the children's delicate sensibilities. At least the Sailor Moon backfired hilariously and gave is incestuous lesbians in an effort to avoid the gay. Cardcaptors was just a mess.
>>
File: 45710_m.png (324 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
45710_m.png
324 KB, 424x600
>>1968885
>> jumping immediately to "uncontrollable obsessive crazy" is a reach.
You are increadibly divorced from reality if you do not understand that Tomoyo has passed eccentric behind a long time ago. Without puberty, Tomoyo became increadibly obsessed with sakura over a simple act of kindness.

>>It's already been shown in series that Tomoyo is well aware of her unrequited love, and has already come to terms with it
since you wan't to be hostile i'll take retards who don't even read for 2000.

The entire argument is that she has not gone through puberty all the way yet and doesn't have to deal with a hormone slurry affecting her judgement and feelings towards her crush. what you don't seem to understand is Tomoyo has not come to terms with it. you can see it in the way she acts compared to what she says. Tomoyo has grown beyond a little yandere shrine. She's dedicated an entire room larger than Sakura's to Sakura. She continues to design and video tape because she knows one day she'll have to stop. but when does she stop? what does she start doing instead? how do you break a 3 year obsession without any need to practice before then?

Of course she puts Sakura "first". But she still is entirely willing to push her into things for her benefit if she doesn't feel it does any actual harm to Sakura. when has she ever asked sakura if she can record her compared to when has she ever done it without asking? Very little of Sakura's actions seem thrilled at all to be changed into colorful costumes and be video taped. It's done for comedic affect but eventually, Sakura's privacy is going to matter to her more and more than it does. It wont continue to be Tomoyos "wierd shumi" forever.

>>Tomoyo is still one of the more balanced, self-aware characters in the series,
That is false to the core, Tomoyo is calm under pressure and the extraordinary. but she's not a balanced individual, she's an obsessive one. She's definately self aware, but there's no magic cure to puberty.
>>
>>
File: 1404712680956.jpg (423 KB, 1280x1154) Image search: [Google]
1404712680956.jpg
423 KB, 1280x1154
>>1968885
Tomoyo's existance as a martyr character wont change the reality of her situation, it will just make her a tragic character rather than one to be reviled. Her choices and circumstances have not prepared her to let go of Sakura even if she's already decided to.

>>I'll take shit that never happened for 500 Alex! Yes, Sakura is innately attracted to magic (as is Syaoran). It makes her feel safe and fluffy and etc. And only once does she construe it as romantic - Yue. With Kaho and Eriol it's framed as a pretty platonic draw. Plus that hardly means she is ONLY capable of being attracted to magic.

You're absolutely wrong about everything here. Sakura's relationship with Syaoran is not different from the other two in quality or execution (other than that one is executed to completion while the others wilted over time). It takes a cocktail of emotions to fall in love with someone yes, but Sakura is shown to exhibit the most physical attraction to characters who have the spark of magic in them. It's probably true that the form and shape does matter but as long as that shape is humanoid it doesn't seem to matter much more than that.

It is then explained, while we have all this evidence before us, that Sakura is attracted to magic in others. and this reflects the situation
>>10 years old
Sakura is 12 by the end of the series.

Ultimately the disconnect here doesn't seem to be an argument of results but your delusions about the quality of Tomoyo's character and her wear withal. I see Tomoyo as a strong person and a martyr, but very demonstrably a human one. where as the one you are describing, who never ever would do anything for their own benefit (even if regretfully or remorsefully), even when there are almost no perceivable consequences, let alone under the strain of even more hormones and early brain development. and who's actions are just that of someone who has some peculiar habits rather than a deep rooted obsession, do not reflect a very human person.
>>
File: 1177580092299.jpg (79 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1177580092299.jpg
79 KB, 600x800
>>
>>1968899
You're incredibly divorced from reality if you think the onset of puberty is somehow going to horribly twist someone into some psycho pervert. I don't know how you grew up, but in fact not only I, but the majority of my peers did not turn into slathering idiots once hormones kicked in. Were we all hornier and yeah, kinda stupid? Sure. But no one's going off the deep end like you say Tomoyo would.

>Tomoyo has not come to terms with it. you can see it in the way she acts compared to what she says.
Yes, she supports her, and encourage her in her other romantic pursuits. Oh my.

>She's dedicated an entire room larger than Sakura's to Sakura
She lives in a mansion. Every room is bigger than Sakura's. But ignoring that, she does not. She has a giant ass media room, which houses the tapes, and a sewing room which is where she makes costumes.

>She continues to design and video tape because she knows one day she'll have to stop.
No, she does it because she enjoys it. She'd stop if Sakura asks her to. Which so far, Sakura has not.

>when has she ever asked sakura if she can record her compared to when has she ever done it without asking?
She has recording Sakura once without consent - the first time she caught her flying, and even then it was accidental. She upfront tells Sakura she's going to film her exploits, to which Sakura is embarrassed, yet again, never stops her.

>Very little of Sakura's actions seem thrilled at all to be changed into colorful costumes and be video taped.
She is embarrassed a handful of times, but is outright awed by most of Tomoyo's outfits, and often praises them. Genuinely.

>>1968907
>Her choices and circumstances have not prepared her to let go of Sakura even if she's already decided to.
Except she has started to take steps. It's in her support of Sakura's crushes. While she may never get over her first love, she's already taken herself out of the running.
>>
>>1968907
>Sakura is shown to exhibit the most physical attraction to characters who have the spark of magic in them. It's probably true that the form and shape does matter but as long as that shape is humanoid it doesn't seem to matter much more than that.
Sigh. The point, it swooshes over your head. Magical attraction is not the be all end all of Sakura's attraction. It has never been stated to be so, and her attraction to magic has never been exclusively "romantic." Kaho flat out explains it. She is drawn to magic. And interestingly enough, Sakura wasn't even drawn to Syaoran initially like she was the others. As boring as I found it, their relationship did grow as they got to know each other. If anyone was going to fall for someone because of magic I'd actually peg Syaoran, because Sakura's magic is the one that grows over time, not his.

>Ultimately the disconnect here doesn't seem to be an argument of results but your delusions about the quality of Tomoyo's character and her wear withal
Or your delusions of the apparent power of hormones.

>the one you are describing, who never ever would do anything for their own benefit
No, I'm describing a perfectly reasonable action of not violating (illegally at that) one's best friend/love.

>who's actions are just that of someone who has some peculiar habits rather than a deep rooted obsession, do not reflect a very human person.
I never said it was only a quirk, I do agree it's an obsession. Where we disagree is the nosedive you think that'll lead to because hormones. If Tomoyo were less self aware, I might agree with you, but considering her acknowledgement and acceptance of her circumstance as well as her general emotional maturity and martyrdom in this case, it points to her withdrawing and cutting herself off before violating Sakura's trust.
>>
>>1968947
>You're incredibly divorced from reality if you think the onset of puberty is somehow going to horribly twist someone into some psycho pervert.
I don't really need to prove you are divorced from reality when you basically do all my work for me with posts like this. slow your ass down and go reread my post, or maybe go look up what a psycho is.

>>I don't know where you grew up but I was an intelligent teeneager and didn't do nuffin
Teenagers provably are more prone to mood swings, and have difficulty making rational decisions compared to adults. they are very horny, and are figuring out how they fit into society as their own agent who doesn't have to ask mommy to go outside anymore.

By the way, most of your peers, I'm guessing, did not harbor a crush, and use their immense wealth to record them almost every day, and have enough effort and work devoted to costumes and viewing of this material that makes their own actual room seem small in comparison.

>>she supports her and encourages her
cherry picking, she records her near non stop, and continually treats sakura like a marionette despite her reservations. She is never shown to ask if she should stop when she's clearly making Sakura uncomfortable. Secondly, as I already fucking told you, she has spent 3 years of her life doing things like this near non stop, and barely has a life outside it.

>>She lives in a mansion. Every room is bigger than Sakura's. But ignoring that, she does not. She has a giant ass media room, which houses the tapes, and a sewing room which is where she makes costumes.
denial of the facts, The side of the rooms are irrelevant, it's what ammount of space in those rooms are dedicated to. Sewing costumes for sakura, tapes, of sakura.

>>No, she does it because she enjoys it. She'd stop if Sakura asks her to. Which so far, Sakura has not.
Sakura does not enjoy it most of the time, and yet this close and totally in control of herself friend is never shy about doing it anyway.
>>
File: Cardcaptor.Sakura.full.65038.jpg (173 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Cardcaptor.Sakura.full.65038.jpg
173 KB, 1024x768
>>1968947
>>No, she does it because she enjoys it.
She also explains that she's collecting memories of sakura. not because "its fun to make a video"
so you're wrong here again.
Tomoyo constantly video tapes sakura. if it was bothering her friend, and she just wanted to make videos, there are more people out there who wouldn't be uncomfortable about it.

>>she tells sakura
She doesn't ask Sakura. You are the one saying Tomoyo is perceptive and level headed. You have no room to play double think here and claim she wouldn't pick up on the fact that sakura is not comfortable doing this even if she's going to let her because of their friendship.

>>awed by the outfits
Maybe it escaped your notice but Sakura is Japanese. She's going to like cute things, what is different is parading around on camera in them.

>>Except she has started to take steps. It's in her support of Sakura's crushes. While she may never get over her first love, she's already taken herself out of the running.
that is irrelevant. Lots of people in real life do this. what they don't do is continue to obsessively dedicate themselves to filming and enshrining their crush after they have decided. and yet Tomoyo has done just this from the start of the show, stepping aside for Yukito's sake even before Syaoran, encouraging them. Her actions don't meet her words and anyone but a complete fool like you would be able to understand this.
>>
File: Cardcaptor.Sakura.full.7808.jpg (283 KB, 1101x999) Image search: [Google]
Cardcaptor.Sakura.full.7808.jpg
283 KB, 1101x999
>>1968954
>>magic is not the end all be all of sakura's attraction
The point never escaped my notice you idiot. the fact is you are not correct. Magic is the deciding factor in Sakura's attraction. Sakura does not initialy become attracted to Syaoran because he starts off as a romantic rival to her.

Kaho explains it, but Kaho is talking to a child, and the evidence of the series far more decicively proves that Sakura is not just platonically attracted to magic but sees it as an increadibly potent attractive physical feature in beings who have a similar physology.

>>or your delusion with the apperant power of hormones
Hormones are the tiping point in an already teetering system. nothing I said was wrong. It's your inability to see Tomoyo for what she is that makes you delude yourself into pretending I'm saying the all mighty hand of the hormones is going to turn tomoyo into a super psycho rapist, to take apage from your contemptible attitude and hyperbole.

>>not violating illegally at that one's best friend.
You are the only one suggesting violation here, unless you mean the video taping, in which case you are already wrong anyway.

>>I never said it was only a quirk, I do agree it's an obsession.
>While there's no doubt there's a shitload of angst in her future, jumping immediately to "uncontrollable obsessive crazy" is a reach.
wrong, you have said exactly that. and before you insist there is a degree of difference, there is not. Tomoyo is continuing her behavior despite having decided to stand down.

>> Where we disagree is the nosedive you think that'll lead to because hormones. ... might cut her self off.
Tomoyo will definately cut herself off, but she can't hide all day and night. and if sakura put her foot down, as she will, Tomoyo is not going to be able to reform overnight. she's been living this life for years. Stoping this cold turkey is going to be impossible for her. and unfortunately, Sakura is going to let it drag on until a line is crossed.
>>
File: 11.jpg (367 KB, 1022x1447) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
367 KB, 1022x1447
>>1963184
>nobody cares about Naoko

nigga pls
>>
File: 12.jpg (345 KB, 1022x1447) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
345 KB, 1022x1447
>>1968975
>>
What the fuck are you autists even talking about?
>>
File: Cardcaptor.Sakura.full.5656.jpg (205 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Cardcaptor.Sakura.full.5656.jpg
205 KB, 1280x960
>>1968994
Whether or not Tomoyo, provoked from her repressed desire to be with sakura, will, upon reaching puberty, find the additional burden of even more sexual arousal, combined with sakura starting to want more privacy (from video taping) start the chain reaction that will ultimately destroy her life as she knows it. (almost everything is devoted to sakura)

This involves a lot of moving parts, so the argument has expanded to assess each individual part, making it long winded.
>>
Based on my perfect literary analysis skills, I can proclaim with 90% certainty that both sides of this argument are, in fact, same person.
>>
>>1969018
It's an stupid argument anyway. It goes against Tomoyo's characterization, and neither side can't prove itself right.
>>
>>1968978
>>1968975
>>1968911
>>1968909
>>1968899
do you have more?
>>
>>1968975
I hate to be that guy, but sauce please.
>>
>>1969106
>>it's a stupid argument, but I'm right
It doesn't go against Tomoyo's characterization. She is shown to constantly obsess over sakura despite resolving to move on romantically.
>>
>>1969580
And this is still probably the most erotic picture I've ever seen.
>>
>>1969580
I wasn't the person you were arguing to. And I said that neither side can't prove itself right. Both you only have assumptions based on nothing but how do you want to see the character. Now, please go away.
>>
File: 10-1.jpg (247 KB, 762x1050) Image search: [Google]
10-1.jpg
247 KB, 762x1050
>>1969496
Sakura Tsuu 4

pic unrelated.
>>
File: sakura10.jpg (89 KB, 428x590) Image search: [Google]
sakura10.jpg
89 KB, 428x590
>>
File: tumblr_ntluyeT7Jf1s4dpgxo3_1280.png (627 KB, 1000x1275) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntluyeT7Jf1s4dpgxo3_1280.png
627 KB, 1000x1275
>>1969755
Thank you.
Link for other anons: http://dynasty-scans.com/series/sakura_tsuu
>>
File: sakura01.gif (64 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
sakura01.gif
64 KB, 500x600
>>
>>1969650
>>I'm not that person
it doesn't matter, you still picked a side in it after calling it stupid. go be a hypocrite elsewhere please.
>>
File: sakura05.gif (53 KB, 400x590) Image search: [Google]
sakura05.gif
53 KB, 400x590
>>
>>1970047
Perhaps l should had added "both". My point was that making Tomoyo a psycho or staying the same forever is stupid. Both things go against her characterization for different reasons and both are equally wrong. And even more than that, both are moot points because there's not a " teenager" Tomoyo and it probably it never will.
>>
File: Cardcaptor.Sakura.full.250093.jpg (254 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Cardcaptor.Sakura.full.250093.jpg
254 KB, 1000x1000
>>1970181
>>I meant to say both
>>my point was
You picked a side, you joined the arguement you are trying to portray yourself as above. you are even now joining in and offering your criticism. your desire to have your cake and eat it too is pretty infentile.

No one is describing Tomoyo being psycho, learn what words mean before you employ them.

>>tomoyo will never grow older.
we are talking about a future set of likely events for Tomoyo that have not taken place, so the only purpose that sentence has that makes sense and doesn't come off like you didn't even read what you are complaining about is that tomoyo will never grow older so any discussion of her future is moot. Tomoyo will grow older, they are a human child.

I've already given two abstract applications or reasons for discussing it or giving conjecture on the topic as well. Please shut up, and go be a hypocrite elsewhere.
>>
>>1969583

I know. It's so perfect ;_;
>>
File: sakura07.gif (67 KB, 410x590) Image search: [Google]
sakura07.gif
67 KB, 410x590
>>
File: sakura11.gif (72 KB, 484x590) Image search: [Google]
sakura11.gif
72 KB, 484x590
>>
File: mihara01.gif (54 KB, 480x620) Image search: [Google]
mihara01.gif
54 KB, 480x620
>>
>>1969769
wow thanks, those things are really awesome, too bad there are not more....
>>
>>1972475
It's kinda fucked how many people look at stuff like CCS and think "This would make great hetero porn." Sailor Moon suffers from the same affliction.
>>
>>1972676
>>sailor moon suffers from the same afflction
Sailor moon involves a bunch of people who are constantly boy hungry, of course theres going to be straight porn of it.

The only thing surprising about sakura is how little yaoi of it there is. you'd think it'd outproduce the straight stuff.
>>
>>1973187
Someone once told me that fujos don't really like gay characters, they self-insert as one of the guys or something. That, or CCS is just too old to have any yaoi stuff.
>>
>>1973260
>CCS is just too old to have any yaoi stuff.
That's more likely the case then that dumb shit about self-inserting.
>>
>>1969769
episode 3 sucks, it contains straight porn....and it is incest.
Gross
>>
>>1973266
Well, yeah, that's why I said "someone once told me" and not "it's because". It sounds dumb, but my policy is to always bet on mankind's idiocy.
>>
>>1973268
Agreed
>>
>>1973268
Well, there's nothing gross about incest, and porn, in general, it's just that it's THAT particular set of people in the incest and porn that's the issue.

And I agree with you that that chapter is gross.
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-02/cardcaptor-sakura-gets-new-project-to-celebrate-manga-20th-anniversary/.98171

>The March issue of Kodansha's Nakayoshi magazine is revealing on Wednesday that CLAMP's Cardcaptor Sakura manga is getting a "new project" to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the manga. Details of the project will be announced on a later date.
>>
>>1974094
Please be about Sakura and Tomoyo in their early thirties living together in a homosexual way.
>>
>>1974094
Fuck, i hope it is not a shit , like the new dragon ball z
>>
>>1974130
As much as I would LOVE for this to happen... I'm not holding out much hope.
>>
>>1974713
Why would you hold any kind of hope? CLAMP themselves said that Sakura and Shaoran are soulmates. The only way we could have yuri is if they make an "alternative world" where Shaoran is a girl, and we all know that it won't happen.
>>
>>1974778
It's a figure of speech. I was just trying not to be TOO cynical.
>>
File: oqo_17.jpg (160 KB, 782x1131) Image search: [Google]
oqo_17.jpg
160 KB, 782x1131
>>
File: oqo_18.jpg (187 KB, 782x1131) Image search: [Google]
oqo_18.jpg
187 KB, 782x1131
>>1978981
>>
File: oqo_19.jpg (163 KB, 782x1131) Image search: [Google]
oqo_19.jpg
163 KB, 782x1131
>>1978982
>>
File: oqo_20.jpg (156 KB, 782x1131) Image search: [Google]
oqo_20.jpg
156 KB, 782x1131
>>1978984
>>
File: oqo_21.jpg (166 KB, 782x1131) Image search: [Google]
oqo_21.jpg
166 KB, 782x1131
>>1978987
>>
File: oqo_22.jpg (157 KB, 782x1131) Image search: [Google]
oqo_22.jpg
157 KB, 782x1131
>>1978988
>>
File: oqo_23.jpg (142 KB, 782x1131) Image search: [Google]
oqo_23.jpg
142 KB, 782x1131
>>1978989
>>
File: oqo_24.jpg (159 KB, 782x1131) Image search: [Google]
oqo_24.jpg
159 KB, 782x1131
>>1978992
>>
File: oqo_25.jpg (163 KB, 782x1131) Image search: [Google]
oqo_25.jpg
163 KB, 782x1131
>>1978993
>>
>>1974094
More LixSakura?

I'm in.
>>
>>1978995
source?
>>
>>1974713
Maybe it could work out in Dubcaptors Nevada Universe.

You would not be able to tell Li had even a inkling of a romantic interest in Sakura since the only thing left of the relationship after heavy editing was the antagonism.
>>
>>1978995
hah, in this alternate universe both sakura and toya are little shits i guess.
>>
>>1981706
Touya was always a little shit. Sakura, though, was basically a saint.
>>
>>1981786
touya was just being an older brother. he's never reached sending dildos to other girls with cards that say "think of my awesome dick when you use it" levels in anything approaching canon.
>>
>>1981804
Point taken.
>>
>>1979138
[Calcium Iri] Qoo
http://exhentai.org/g/148739/7f6cf48467/
>>
yeah, they are cute
>>
File: 046.jpg (173 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
046.jpg
173 KB, 838x1200
>>
File: 047.jpg (156 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
047.jpg
156 KB, 838x1200
>>1990842
>>
File: 048.jpg (175 KB, 835x1200) Image search: [Google]
048.jpg
175 KB, 835x1200
>>1990879
>>
File: 049.jpg (176 KB, 835x1200) Image search: [Google]
049.jpg
176 KB, 835x1200
>>1990889
>>
File: 050.jpg (164 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
050.jpg
164 KB, 838x1200
>>1990890
>>
>>1990924
source?
>>
>>1990979
Reverse image search.
>>
>>1990983
I get nothing.
>>
File: 051.jpg (188 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
051.jpg
188 KB, 838x1200
>>1990924
>>
File: 052.jpg (153 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
052.jpg
153 KB, 838x1200
>>1991565
>>
File: 053.jpg (189 KB, 833x1200) Image search: [Google]
053.jpg
189 KB, 833x1200
>>1991571
>>
File: 054.jpg (155 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
054.jpg
155 KB, 838x1200
>>1991572
>>
File: 055.jpg (145 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
055.jpg
145 KB, 838x1200
>>1991574
>>
File: 056.jpg (162 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
056.jpg
162 KB, 838x1200
>>1991577
>>
File: 057.jpg (176 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
057.jpg
176 KB, 838x1200
>>1991578
>>
File: 058.jpg (165 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
058.jpg
165 KB, 838x1200
>>1991579
>>
File: 059.jpg (166 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
059.jpg
166 KB, 838x1200
>>1991587
>>
File: 060.jpg (160 KB, 833x1200) Image search: [Google]
060.jpg
160 KB, 833x1200
>>1991588
>>
File: 061.jpg (164 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
061.jpg
164 KB, 838x1200
>>1991590
>>
File: 062.jpg (173 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
062.jpg
173 KB, 838x1200
>>1991591
>>
File: 063.jpg (177 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
063.jpg
177 KB, 838x1200
>>1991592
>>
File: 064.jpg (179 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
064.jpg
179 KB, 838x1200
>>1991594
>>
File: 065.jpg (147 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
065.jpg
147 KB, 838x1200
>>1991595
>>
File: 066.jpg (135 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
066.jpg
135 KB, 838x1200
>>1991596
And that's the last doujin I could find involving Sakura and friends or Kaho.

>>1990979
Sauce is The Naked Princess by Akira Fujise.
>>
>>1991599
thanks
>>
>>1991599
I wish Meiling wasn't anime exclusive. I started shipping Tomoyo x Meiling since the second movie.
>>
File: scan0179.jpg (1 MB, 1410x2000) Image search: [Google]
scan0179.jpg
1 MB, 1410x2000
Just sharing a little bit of one of my favorite doujins.
>>
File: scan0180.jpg (1 MB, 1410x2000) Image search: [Google]
scan0180.jpg
1 MB, 1410x2000
>>2007836
>>
File: scan0181.jpg (1 MB, 1410x2000) Image search: [Google]
scan0181.jpg
1 MB, 1410x2000
>>2007841
>>
File: scan0182.jpg (1 MB, 1410x2000) Image search: [Google]
scan0182.jpg
1 MB, 1410x2000
>>2007844
>>
File: scan0176.jpg (1 MB, 1410x2000) Image search: [Google]
scan0176.jpg
1 MB, 1410x2000
>>2007847
>>
I do remember this doujin, i never understood the ending or the plot, but it was heavy on Tomoyo.
>>
>>2007836
What's the name of this doujin and is it scanned and posted anywhere?
>>
File: scan0151.jpg (381 KB, 1410x2000) Image search: [Google]
scan0151.jpg
381 KB, 1410x2000
>>2008073
Sakura Ame from Henreikai.

http://exhentai.org/g/507895/4b895158f0/
>>
>>2008200
Wow, just go ahead and skip everything up to page 153 in that...

Trust me.
>>
>>2008200
What the fuck is this shit
>>
>>2008311
do what >>2008300
suggests.
>>
there's surprisingly little fanfiction of them for a particularly obvious pairing
>>
>>2018145
I think peole gave up a while ago, unfortunately...
>>
>>2018145
Because the overwhelming majority of the fanbase preferred Sakura x Shaoran.
>>
Happy Birthday Sakura!
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 80

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.