[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did anyone else on /u/ watch this show? Also general /u/+/m/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: sam(u)menco.gif (1 MB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
sam(u)menco.gif
1 MB, 540x303
So did anyone else on /u/ watch this show?

Also general /u/+/m/ thread I guess
>>
I don't think I've ever seen such mismanagement of one's animation budget. Thankfully, the bizarre plot twists saved the day.
>>
I don't remember their names anymore, but holy shit, blue deserves a better girlfriend.
>>
>>1938792
Yeah, it had a few "neats" in the general thread, but obviously you weren't really watching it for the /u/.

It was more like they had to do something with all the female characters whatwith its flamboyant fuccboi and homo cop male leads.
>>
Samurai flamenco = Boring
>>
>>1938803
In her defense, Mari does eventually realize what a purely and utterly awful person she is.

Moe's still too good for her, but there's no accounting for taste and/or Moe's own brand of crazy I guess.
>>
>>1938823
I've seen Samflan being called a lot of things, but this is the first time I see someone refer to it as boring.
>>
>>1938792
The show was amazing but not for the /u/ content. I doubt the director even intended them to be gay, he even said the two male characters aren't gay (I have no idea how this can work when one of them proposed to another guy)
>>
>>1938889
>he even said the two male characters aren't gay
I choose to believe he was trolling.
>>
>>1938889
>>1938894
He was trolling.

The last two cards of the mobage are a two-part image of Masayoshi and Gotou in matching white tuxes.

Moe was definitely written as a lesbian as well, albeit with that as more of a side note to her codependence.
>>
File: Samurai Flemyuri.webm (957 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Samurai Flemyuri.webm
957 KB, 1280x720
>>1938792
>>
>>1938889
>I doubt the director even intended them to be gay
Except they literally made out with each other.
>>
>>1938792
I liked this but eventually dropped it, so I don't know how it ends
>>
>>1938997
You should finish it. It's a good show, and remains surprisingly thematically consistent for all its crazy ups and downs in genre.

Plus, the magical girl's quiet lesbian friend actually wins.
>>
>>1938984
That kissing animation just made me realize how few titles actually go beyond simply putting a still image of two characters kissing along with some make out sounds and 'romantic' music. And out of those few, even fewer have two active participants instead of one active and one passive.
>>
>>1938984
>vomit kiss
>>
>>1938984
That other girl was crying because she realized she won the fight haha
>>
>>1938889
so it's /y/ and /u/ together?
>>
>>1939313
More /y/ then /u/
>>
>>1939313
The two most important characters are the /y/ couple, followed by one of the /u/ couple. It's not worth watching on /u/ alone, but it's a great show if you like justice.
>>
>>1939533
Can anyone list the episodes with /u/ content? I'd like to watch it but only those episodes. Don't really care for the rest.
>>
>>1938792
It's kinda fun to watch, even if some episodes are forced, and at some point you don't even care about the plot anymore, but not worth of watching for /u/ content.

The one with brown hair is thirsty for a policeman cock. Because men in uniform is her fetish.

>>1938803
Agreed. She's one of the sweetest girls in anime universe.
>>
>>1939313
It has more /y/ in the sense that the two main characters interact together more, but more /u/ in the sense that the couple is a legitimate lesbian couple.

It's a great anime nonetheless, though
>>
>>1940472
So... she strings the lesbian along?
>>
>>1940510
They get together in the middle of the show, around the time brown realises how much of a total bitch she has been to everyone in general and Moe in particular.
>>
>>1940461
You might just as well watch >>1938984 on a loop. Mari's character doesn't make much sense unless you watch all of it.
>>
>>1940536
So, this has an actual, genuine canon yuri pairing?

Huh. Download started.
>>
>>1940626
It's also on Netflix, as I discovered yesterday.
>>
>>1940626
They really don't have that much screentime together. Don't watch it just for the yuri.
>>
>>1940626
I'd not recommend watching it just for the /u/, they're second in importance to the main more /y/ duo and get relegated for an entire arc, but it's definitely a hell of a ride. The yuri is the cherry on top, not the cake.
>>
>>1940626
No.
>>
>>1940626
>genuine canon yuri pairing
No, it isn't. People forget how lightly Mari thinks about kissing. She kissed Moe all the time when she was in a good mood. That kiss doesn't evaluates to confession for her especially when right after the kiss she asked Mao to join them. Mari still loves policeman and Moe is happy she isn't depressed.
>>
File: mpv-shot0060.png (860 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0060.png
860 KB, 1280x720
Is Jew loli /m/, /u/?
>>
>>1940706
>Mari still loves policeman
Although I agree she and Moe aren't exactly a couple, I think it's pretty obvious Mari got over her thing for the cop at the end.
>>
>>1940706
>right after the kiss she asked Mao to join them
So? Some people like having threesomes.
>>
>>1938792
VIVA TORTURE
>>
>>1940713
I remember a scene when Mari met policeman after reveal and was in her fanatic mode. I interpreted it as she won't give up on him that easily.
>>
>>1940725
I don't remember that scene. I thought the last time they met each other was when she helped him to get over his issues. I interpreted that she also got over him in that scene.
>>
>>1940745
I think we talking about the same scene. She said to someone how he can't love anyone. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.
>>
>>1940719
>So? Some people like having threesomes.
He's right though. Not even Moe thinks of her feelings for Mari as more than a friendship with benefits. That's pretty clear from episode 19, when Moe and Mao have a little talk about Mari's love for Goto, and there's no even a hint of Moe being jealous or anything like that.

All in all, I think the director portrayed the yuri as playing around.
>>
>>1938792
>So did anyone else on /u/ watch this show?
>Also general /u/+/m/ thread I guess
I wasn't aware of said shows existence, but your gif has me intrigued.
>>
>>1940786
The whole point of Mari's character development is that she becomes less selfish and stops taking Moe for granted. It would be rather odd to show that by having her continue stringing Moe along. The way I see it, Moe just isn't very jealous and knew Mari wasn't going to get together with Gotou, even though she still liked him.
>>
>>1940835
Mari doesn't take Moe for granted anymore. She just doesn't love her romantically. And I don't think Moe loves her romantically either. She just admires her a lot.

Other than that, they have a friendship with benefits. And they would love if Mizuki joined in the fun too.
>>
>>1940838
Nah, Mari and Moe's reconciliation is played as a romantic couple being formed. If the intent was to show they were just renewing their friendship with benefits, it would have been made explicit right then and there.

>And I don't think Moe loves her romantically either
That's just crazy talk.
>>
>>1940849
>Nah, Mari and Moe's reconciliation is played as a romantic couple being formed
I don't think so. They're too casual about their fooling around to be taken seriously. They're really good friends, of course. But romance? I don't see it at all.

>If the intent was to show they were just renewing their friendship with benefits, it would have been made explicit right then and there.
It was. That's why they invited Mizuki to join in the fun right there. They're not serious about that part of their relationship (The making out sessions, I mean).
>>
>>1940852
Wow leave it to /u/ to relegate a friendship with benefits to "just" friends even though it's easy to make them an actual couple without being too out of character in the realms of doujins and fics that take place aftewards when at the same time we ship chicks that couldn't be straighter with each other on this board
>>
>>1940868
For what it's worth, I do think Mari got over her feelings for Gotou. That's something I guess.
>>
>>1940868
There are always shitposters like that in /u/. Claiming that Nanoha and Fate aren't actually a couple and so on. Pay them no mind.
>>
>>1940901
>implying that calling anyone who disagrees with you shitposter isn't shitposting.
>>
>>1940901
I think Mari and Moe are some kind of a couple, but there is a certain amount of ambiguity in the show. Interpreting it differently does not make one a shitposter.
>>
>>1940936
They're about as much of a couple as Masayoshi and Gotou, really.
>>
>>1940936
To me they are friends with benefits that will, over time, realize that their feelings go much deeper than that.
>>
>>1940829
I'd recommend it, even if it is light on actual /u/ material. Also the show is more kamen rider than mecha
>>
File: Chirality_1_001.jpg (147 KB, 945x1200) Image search: [Google]
Chirality_1_001.jpg
147 KB, 945x1200
Anyone got some /u/ material to recommend for someone who likes surreal, artsy, supernatural and sci-fi shit? Someone who's favorites are things like Evangelion, Lain, Utena, Kaiba, Tatami, FLCL, Ghost in the Shell or Mononoke (series). Only thing the /u/ rec chart had to offer was this, but I already read it.

That's the thing that chart mainly has high school and sol stuff which doesn't interest me genre-wise. But I'd gladly have something that'd be both /u/ and interesting narratively, setting-wise or art-wise.
>>
>>1942850
There's Utena director Ikuhara's Yuri Kuma Arashi, and Madoka Magica in the off-chance you aren't familiar with it. Some of the people behind Lain made a show called Haibane Renmei, which involves a close relationship between two women, even if it isn't really romantic. For manga, there's Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.
>>
>>1940901
Salty, shitty and trolly, I call it. Or they are /a/'s covert troll operatives. Hmm..

>>1940908
Thing is with you hypocrite shitposters, is that if I changed one of the girl's gender to a guy, and have them say and do the exact same thing, you numbskulls will be "confirming!" them, and putting them on a romantic pedestal. But, because they are girls, you will find ways to just deny, deny, and deny, no matter what the girls say and do, and all for what?
>>
>>1942872
Thanks though I have seen and read all of those. Only ones that had actual yuri were Yuri Kuma and Madoka from what I remember though.

Can't forgive myself for not mentioning Haibane Renmei, it's easily in my top 10.
>>
>>1942918
Well, Kokone is in love with Alpha in YKK and the ending suggests they may have gotten together.

What about Re: Cutie Honey and Simoun?
>>
>>1942924
Oh, totally forgot about that element from YKK. Have seen Re: Cutie Honey. Haven't seen Simoun but I have been recommended it for different reasons so I will check it out.
>>
File: AaeruNevirilParaietta-01.jpg (641 KB, 1200x1027) Image search: [Google]
AaeruNevirilParaietta-01.jpg
641 KB, 1200x1027
>>1943310
I'll chime in seconding Simoun. If it doesn't click with you right away, do stick with it until at least episode 8. IMO it's very worthwhile.
>>
>>1943332

As someone who dropped Simoun after one episode back in 200(5)? and rewatched it years later, I'd say as soon as the Jihad episode happened, I was hooked.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.