[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Franken Fran yuri
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 13
I realize that, while it does have a decent amount of yuri (potential or otherwise) in it, this series is pretty fucked up, even if it's more dark comedy than true body horror. I'll go and spoil any stuff that's a little far on the /d/ side of things, to be sure, but if it's 2spooky4/u/, I'll understand.
>>
File: 7f9949ec812e5b5cdcc7d56701fdc072.jpg (660 KB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
7f9949ec812e5b5cdcc7d56701fdc072.jpg
660 KB, 2500x2500
>>1921979
>>
>>1921983
>>
File: aebf425cea36fde9fb2ccaabc8fa2683.jpg (360 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
aebf425cea36fde9fb2ccaabc8fa2683.jpg
360 KB, 1024x1448
>>1921984
>>
>>1921985
>>
>>1921987
>>
>>1921988
>>
>>1921989
These covers really have a tendency to give you a false impression about what's beneath them.

>it's the insides that count
>>
>>1921993
>>
>>1921994
>>
I saw Fran getting posted as a reaction pic a lot. Ignoring the covers is the subtext good? Are there any generic beta male characters?
>>
>>1921995
>>
>>1921997
The subtext is pretty good (Fran is rather affectionate towards her little sister Veronica, but not necessarily her elder sister Gavrill, who is a heartless slob and psychotic cannibal), and then there are times when it's not even subtext anymore (a couple of times now, Fran has said stuff along the lines of "Choo-choo! All aboard the yuri train!").

One chapter involves two actresses who were closeted and in love with each other, and the actress who was unsuccessful professionally (and bedding the other gal) had somehow managed to get her cells, after dying, into the successful one, and they were being hostile to the host. Fran took those cells out, turned them into sperm cells, and impregnated the woman with them, and so the two of them lived happily ever after, even if they weren't really able to love each other in the way they originally did.

That's about as close to a happy ending as you get in Franken Fran, though.
>>
>>1922001
Alright I'm picking it up. I was kinda interested before but this now is a plump cherry on top. Thanks anon.
>>
>>1922004
You're welcome. I will warn you, I was totally serious when I said that this manga is pretty fucked up, but as long as you aren't bothered by stuff that makes Mortal Kombat look like a kid's show, then you should be fine.
>>
>>1921997
There's some nice subtext/full on yuri.
But fran does have a thing for the professor, whether its familial love or something more isn't explored much, but its the same love she feels for any of the women in the story.
There's also a lot of het side stories and attempted +implied rapes.

Overall its a really good read, but I wouldn't go into it solely for the yuri.
>>
File: p_00023.jpg (303 KB, 1046x1524) Image search: [Google]
p_00023.jpg
303 KB, 1046x1524
>>1922001
You forgot to mention the baby she gives birth to is male. She couldn't deal with being in love with another woman so she had Fran change the baby's gender.

That said I am fond of the chapter where Fran is split in two do to a random laser and she just creates two bodies of herself and when she finally decides to reunite her herself she notes that she hasn't seen Veronica or the mindless cloned body...
>>
>>1922166
>You forgot to mention the baby she gives birth to is male. She couldn't deal with being in love with another woman so she had Fran change the baby's gender.
Now that's just shitty.
>>
>>1922174
Well you gotta realize that most the stories aren't meant to be happy ends. Its supposed to be dark, in this case her forcing the baby to be male is the darker and more [realistic] choice so it does actually fit in with the story.
Franken fran isn't a cute fluffy yuri story, even if it does have some nice little elements thrown in here and there.
>>
>>1922176
Well yeah but that in particular is still shitty indeed.
>>
The last chap with Fran's dream had Veronica (not very happy) dance with Gavrill (who looked predatory)
>>
>>1922001
>>1922166
So Fran goes to great lengths to turn a closeted gay couple into a starcrossed straight couple, and this is supposed to be the closest thing to a happy ending in a series touted to have yuri potential?

Who's the monster now?
>>
>>1922328
>closest thing to a happy ending is a series touted to have yuri potential.
that wasn't the closest.
>veronica is obsessive with fran
>fran has a very romantic heart and would flatter love no matter the gender to familial connection
>gavrill would probably rape both of them if she could
>veronica was very close friends with a girl that slept with everyone (And later killed them)
I mean there's plenty of familial subtext, just no blatant yuri minus things like >>1922166
>>
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.