[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
eventually i will become yours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: sin.png (252 KB, 718x610) Image search: [Google]
sin.png
252 KB, 718x610
why doesn't this have a thread yet? and translation when
>>
no update from ihoshiku?
>>
chapter 6:
http://manhua.dmzj.com/zuizhongwochengleni/42408.shtml
>>
>>1910503
WOW
>>
File: indirect_kiss.jpg (1 MB, 1109x1590) Image search: [Google]
indirect_kiss.jpg
1 MB, 1109x1590
So far it's fucking brilliant!
>>
>>1910503
TRANSLATION WHEN
>>
>>1910537
never
>>
File: kase-san_ch03_26.png (595 KB, 1387x2000) Image search: [Google]
kase-san_ch03_26.png
595 KB, 1387x2000
>>1910528
Is this a water bottle thread now?
>>
>>1910491
Doesnt look like it
>>
File: 2015-11-09 01.37.22.png (2 MB, 1072x1600) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-09 01.37.22.png
2 MB, 1072x1600
Boi i die
>>
>>1910579
Jesus this is so cute...
>>
>>1910485
>why doesn't this have a thread yet?

Because it gets discussed in Recent Releases? Usually manga that get threads are older stuff that got anime adaptations and have some fanart to it like Kanamemo or Kannazuki no Miko(or Sakura Trick or Murcielago which is still ongoing and have more of a franchise in terms of media presence, like ST's upcoming event).

It's not like the Virgins Empire or Fluttering Feelings thread where we're the ones fucking scanlating it.

Don't interpret lack of a thread for lack of interest.
>>
File: ohno.png (557 KB, 772x682) Image search: [Google]
ohno.png
557 KB, 772x682
Oh man. They were seen kissing by someone else.
>>
>>1910919

It's obviously the freshman boy
>>
It's been great so far. Really shaping up to be one of my favorite series.
>>
Ohmyfuckinggod can anyone else other than ihoshiku translate?
>>
>>1910923
>boy guilts her into dating him
I can already see this train wreck coming
>>
Are there Raws for previous chapters?
>>
File: NatsumeSae4.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NatsumeSae4.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>1911858
Why can't anything nice ever happen?
>>
>>1911858

Even if it does happen, I trust Rireba will handle it better than anyone else
>>
>>1911866
http://www.dm5.com/manhua-zuizhongwochengweileni/
>>
File: hmmm.png (8 KB, 69x72) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
8 KB, 69x72
>>1911858

the boy doesn't seem like that much of a lil bitch tho? but who knows lets wait and see
>>
File: 02301.jpg (284 KB, 679x765) Image search: [Google]
02301.jpg
284 KB, 679x765
I can read Chinese a little bit, so I've found that ihoshiku's translation in chapter 3 is much different from chinese scanlation.
Since niconico update Chapter 3 (http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/watch/mg147664), now I can confirm there is some mistake in translation.

The point that missed is at the cafe, Touko ask Yuu to allow her just falling in love from one side, she's alright even they're not dating each other and Yuu won't return her feeling. She did't state anything like she'll make Yuu fall in love with her.

I hope ihoshiku or someone else fix the translation soon, because it happend in one of most important dialogue of this series, and chapter 6 will refer dialogue from this scene, too.
>>
>>1912409
>Touko ask Yuu to allow her just falling in love from one side, she's alright even they're not dating each other and Yuu won't return her feeling

What?
>>
>>1912409
You may be able to read a bit of Chinese, but your English sucks ass.
>>
>>1912409
好きでいさせて = "please let me stay in love with you"
>>
>>1912416
Yeah, I admit that. I'm not native English user.

>>1912417
Thank you for correction.
>>
Any ideas on where to get actual raws of chapter 6 and not chinese translations? I moon better than I chinese.
>>
>>1912409
That is an important distinction (and makes that scene a bit less dramatic), thanks for the context.
>>1912414
Touko is just asking for permission to love Yuu, out of consideration towards her feelings.
>>1912452
Your English is still pretty good.
>>
>>1912409

omg that changes alot! Thanks for pointing that out and does any scanlation group plan on picking this up? As much as I appreciate ihoshiku's efforts I would prefer more accurate translations
>>
>>1912409
Even so, that doesn't make any difference now. We already saw Nanami's advances toward Yuu and the meaning of the title is clear. Yuu will fall for Nanami.
>>
>>1912598
In that case you might want to know that the Chinese scanlator translated the title to "Eventually I'll Become You"
>>
>>1912645
I think the title was discussed a long time ago and somehow has the meaning of Yuu becoming the same as Nanami in terms of being able to love or like someone.
>>
>>1912598
It makes a huge difference. Claiming you will make someone fall in love with you is a massively cocky and unattractive thing to say. It makes it out like Touko thinks Yuu's feelings are a challenge to overcome.

I suspend my disbelief for a lot of weird sentiments in manga, but I barely made it past that line. I'm happy it's an issue with translation.
>>
>>1912645
I meant the manga's official english title "Bloom into you". Yuu sooner or later will fall in love. With who? It's obvious.
>>
>>1912647
>>1912650
The point was more like, a scanlator got the title of the series they've been translating wrong.

Also I don't actually follow this series in English because of the dodgy TL, and I actually went back to check on the panels in question. I thought that ihoshiku is completely missing the point of a very important scene.

While it's true that the panels made sense if you're an English reader with no idea of how the original dialogues were. I still think it was very OOC for Nanami to even say "I'll make you fall in love with me." I feel like for someone who was introduced by saying "I don't have any special feelings for anyone." It should be weird for her to "force" someone to have feelings for her. Nanami out of anyone in the series should know how Yuu must've felt when she confessed that she doesn't really know how love feels or doesn't really have anyone special. So for someone like Nanmi to say "I'm going to make you fall in love with me" was extremely weird to me. In addition to that I thought the right bubble where it said "You don't have any special" was weird because I think there's a huge difference between knowing the feeling of love but not having anyone special(Nanami) and not knowing the feeling of love THUS not having someone special(Yuu). By not mentioning the fact that Yuu doesn't THINK of anyone as special, I feel that ihoshiku effectively fail to deliver what Nakatani wants the readers to understand. Although this may just be me nitpicking to an bitter end.
>>
any news from Ihoshiku?
>>
Still not even a little hint that the MC might fall for the other girl. If she does develop feelings later on, it's going to feel forced as fuck.
>>
>>1912685

You should take a basic community college course on writing
>>
>>1912693
You should read the manga before posting.
>>
>>1912703
I do read this manga, do you?

You seem to have this idea that if the romance isn't mutual by X chapter, then it can no longer develop naturally.

How did you even come up with this? If this were a finished product with a known number of chapters, let's say 10, then yea, I can somewhat agree with the notion that cetain things need to happen by certain chapters. But this is an ongoing series, it makes no sense to have an arbitrary cutoff point out of nowhere with no end in sight.
>>
>>1912713
>You seem to have this idea that if the romance isn't mutual by X chapter, then it can no longer develop naturally.
No. It's okay if it happens later on. But if that's the case, there has to be some foreshadowing, hints of gradual growing feelings. If there's no hint at all that she's starting to feel something, and then she suddenly falls in love out of nowhere at the end, it wouldn't be all that believable. It'd feel forced.
>>
here's a different tl for the café conversation in case it does become important like >>1912409 said (wasn't correcting you btw as you were spot-on)

Touko: I know you can't see any one person as special to you, Koito-san.
T: And you won't fall in love with me either.
T: But that's fine.
T: So please, just...
T: let me stay in love with you.
Yuu: (shiver) (flinch)
-
Y: I... really can't understand that.
Y: If you love me, how could you not want me to love you back?
T: You're right... Maybe because I never expected to fall in love myself?
T: Right now I feel very satisfied.
T: I don't want to abandon this feeling.
T: Will you permit that?
-
Y: If...
Y: that's really okay with you,
Y: I guess it's fine by me.
>>
>>1912693
Back to /a/ with you. The hints are everywhere already.
>>
>>1912720
Again, this is an ongoing series.

It makes no sense to say the romance will feel forced because you believe certain criteria hadn't been met at this point. You don't know if she will "suddenly fall in love at the end with no hints" when we don't even know how long this will be.
>>
>>1912729
The foreshadowing has to be gradual to make sense. But now there are almost two volumes worth of manga and no signs of any growing feelings at all. That's enough to make things feel forced if something happens now in my opinion.
>>
>>1912739
I think you have to look at it relatively to the series length.

So I have no problem with two volumes of "no development" on Yuu's end at this point.

Also I wouldn't say she hasn't had any progress in that area, she's had several very meaningful scenes that made her really think about the situation with Touko.

Ultimately, the moment where the attraction becomes mutual is always going to be a sudden flip of the switch, it's only for discussion's sake that people look back and try to argue which details were meaningful foreshadowing and hints.
>>
Can someone translate from the chinese raws? Haha i'm desperate.
>>
>>1912722

I'm just too afraid I might messed up somewhere in my conclusion.
Thank you very much for translation, I will use your translation as reference in page 24 below.

>>1912769
I tried writing summary and translated some pages, hope you don't mind my awkward english
and it may be not much accuracy, feel free to pointing out any mistake, I appreciate it.

- Touko and Sayaka got teased by some male students, saying they're like husband and wife.
- Koyomi is writing something, not class lecture, but not reveal yet what it is.
- Touko come to pick Yuu at her classroom, said she wants to see Yuu ASAP.
Yuu warned her not get too close, she don't want to start weird rumor.
- Student council start activity, new male member joined by former prez recommendation.
(not sure how to read his name, 堂島 = Doujima?)
- Touko wants student council perform a play in cultural festival, using script from a play that was suspended 7 years ago.
Touko said she just giving her idea, they still have time to decide what to do before cultural festival.
- Yuu was asked by new member about reason she joined student council.
- Everyone started getting back home, except Touko, she said she still has something to do with computer.
Yuu also wanted to get back, but after seeing Touko's glance, she changed her mind, said she also want to use computer, and

stayed behind with Touko.
>>
>>1913254

Page 22
Touko: What you want to do on computer? Is it about your homework?
Touko: You can use it, I have another one at home.
Yuu: ...Nothing really.
Touko: You're always like this.
Yuu: If you wanted to say I'm easily going with the flow, I already know that.
Touko: No, it's not.

Page 23
Touko: You're so kind.
Touko: Um, Yuu.
Touko: I want to kiss you.

Page 24
Yuu: ...You've already said, you're fine with just staying in love with me, and then you still want to do these things?
Touko: Uh, ...I didn't take it by surprise like before.
(I think Touko is talking about what she did in ch.2, but there's chance I might wrong)
Yuu: Liar!
Yuu: You're trying to change the word you've already said? Is it alright to has student council president doing these things?
Touko: Urgh...
Touko: But...

Page 25
Touko: These things can changed. Because Yuu, you always forgive me. That's why I ended up yearning for more.
Touko: It was all your fault.

Page 26
Yuu: ...Actually, I wanted to change, too.
Touko: Huh?
Yuu: No, it's nothing.
Yuu: .....sure, I don't mind.

Page 27
Touko: Really? Why!?
Yuu: Well, I didn't hate it.
Yuu: And it would be a lie, if I said I'm not interested.
Touko: What. You said you won't love me back. And yet, you still want to kiss.
Touko: Yuu, you really are pervert*.
(In chinese scans is 色情, I guess it was translated from エッチ/色っぽい, I might be wrong, though)
Yuu: If you said any stupid things again, I won't let you kiss anymore!
Touko: Wait, don't.

Page 28
Touko: I want to kiss.
Yuu: (Her eyelashed are long...)

Page 30
Yuu: Huh?
Yuu: Someone forgot pecil bag here.

Page 31
Yuu: Would it be Maki-kun's?
>>
>>1913254
>>1913256
Great stuff. Thanks, anon.
>>
ihoshiku's translations are rather awkward, if raws are available I'd translate this myself.
>>
>>1913256
You're awesome anon. Thanks for giving us the rough summary/translation.

It's fun to see Yuu is giving in
>>
>>1912762
>Ultimately, the moment where the attraction becomes mutual is always going to be a sudden flip of the switch
Hence forced. If they were some hints, the sudden switch would be more like a realization of something that was already growing from the beginning instead of actually developing feelings in a sudden moment, and that would feel more natural.
>>
>>1913728
People fall in love in different ways. It doesn't always need to make sense.
>>
>>1913728

I think you're either missing the point or just arguing out of boredom.
>>
File: 177.png (987 KB, 1080x1536) Image search: [Google]
177.png
987 KB, 1080x1536
can anyone translate just 4 last page of vol1?
>>
File: 178.png (1 MB, 1080x1536) Image search: [Google]
178.png
1 MB, 1080x1536
>>
File: 179.png (791 KB, 1080x1536) Image search: [Google]
179.png
791 KB, 1080x1536
>>
File: 180.png (1 MB, 1080x1536) Image search: [Google]
180.png
1 MB, 1080x1536
>>
>>1914763
boredom
>>
>>1914762
>People fall in love in different ways. It doesn't always need to make sense.
That's fine in real life, but fiction has to make sense.
>>
>>1915118
>fiction has to make sense
99 percent of fiction doesn't make sense or else we wouldn't have conflict.
>>
>>1915118
Not really. At least not in the way you're trying to force it to.
>>
>>1915118
>fiction has to make sense
i cant believe i had to read that with my own two eyes
>>
>>1914997
'k
http://pastebin.com/LzYZ63nL
>>
>>1915273
thanks anon. also,would you mind translating chapter 6?
>>
>>1915300
sure, would need scan

also ifn >>1914997 or otherhuman wishes to scan entire tank I will newtranslate from beginning
>>
>>1915302

thanks for fully my request. I just have vol1 tank, vol2 still not release yet

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=GxgWAE4G
>>
>>1915349
Where did you bough it? Honto, Amazon?
>>
>>1915399

ebookjapan, what's wrong?
>>
>>1915302
woah really appreciate you translating it!
>>
>>1915438
>ebookjapan
Cool, what's the format of digital manga from ebookjapan? Did you have to extract the images yourself?
>>
>>1915508

if i remember correctly, it is *ebix.
U need OMD to rip from it.
>>
>>1913256
Thank you very much!
>>
>>1915302
anon,now that >>1915349 has uploaded the 1st volume,are you still up for translating the whole manga? please say yes
>>
There's enough blushing Nanami this chapter to give me diabetes.
>>
File: 05.jpg (899 KB, 938x1350) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
899 KB, 938x1350
honestly is she making up some of the bubbles or what
http://i.imgur.com/IsRr8a3.png
>>
>>1915913
It's not that different.
>>
>>1915920
to me they seem very different.
>>
>>1915913
What the fuck are you talking about? The meaning of the senteces are the same.
>>
>>1915576
a man has said
>>
File: IMAG0199.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0199.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
You tell her, Maki.
>>
>>1925721

I understand completely
>>
>>1925721
That's nice and everything, but what is his angle in all of this?
>>
>>1925721
translation please
>>
>>1925757
Rough translation and there's a good chance I misinterpreted something, but it looks like the guy is saying Koito likes Nanami but the other girl is saying that Koito is more concerned about herself.
>>
Guess this wouldn't be considered a spoiler since it's just a character's opinion:
>>1925721
M: And you really love Nanami-senpai, don't you, Koito-san?
Y: ...
Y: What?
M: Well, you're only ever thinking of her, never yourself.
M: Wouldn't that mean...
>>
Here's a quick summary of what happened. I'm still learning so I might have read something wrong.

Koito returns Maki his pencil pouch the next morning and he prods at her, asking what she was using the computer for the day before. She uses the bell to get away.

When they were alone together after school, he straight out asks her if she and Nanami are dating, saying he saw them yesterday. Koito mentally freaks out, worrying about what would happen if he told on them (mostly what people would say about Nanami). She asks him not to tell/involve Nanami. When he asks her why, she said that senpai was busy enough and that she didn't want senpai to have to worry about these things ( 怖い思い).

There's some pages about Maki here that I can't really understand, but he seems to want to be the only one to know their secret. He wants to sit in the best seat as he watches their story unfolds.
He reassures Koito that he won't tell anyone and that they should be more careful.

>>1925721 is what happens after Koito denies dating Nanami again.

After pic related, Koito says (mostly to herself, really) that what she did was completely normal.

Here's the biggest spoiler: Nanami is still the cutest senpai.
>>
>>1925830
>>1925911
thank you
>>
Raws where?
>>
chapter 7:
http://manhua.dmzj.com/zuizhongwochengleni/43797.shtml
>>
thank you so much!
>>
Thank you anons for translating but just wondering if anyone's officially picking this up? Even 6 isnt translated yet is it
>>
>>1926710
I'll translate it if anyone has a raw (it's Dengeki Daioh so there's a decent chance it's on Share or something)
>>
>>1926322
This. Anyone know where I can get the moon raws for this series?
>>
>>1926711
Anyone have the link??
>>
>>1927331
>>1915349 posted a dropbox link,but unfortunately it's expired. I wonder if that anon is still around,or if someone else saved it.
>>
>>1927338

I think he need raw for chapter 6 (volume 2), not 1.
>>
>>1926710
>>1926711
>>1927373
Don't worry, everything's been taken care of, your problems are all solved
>>
>>1927375
Who are you, stranger
>>
>>1927375
what do you mean?
>>
Should have scans for 6 & 7 lined up, will work on those, turns out somebody else was already reworking volume 1 so I'm not doing that anymore
>>
File: 389892.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
389892.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>>1927484
>turns out somebody else was already reworking volume 1
>>
>>1925911
>>1925737
Is this the rare appearance of a likeable, non-rival male-character in a yuri manga? I hope so.
>>
>>1927554
He sounds and looks like a creepy stalker though.
>>
>>1927569

You mean he sounds like /u/.
>>
>>1926711
here is the link for cp 6 anon:
http://www.1kkk.com/ch6-225287/
>>
>>1927610
>>1926711

And cap 7:
http://www.1kkk.com/ch7-228660/
>>
>>1927610
the cps are released here:
http://www.1kkk.com/manhua18289/
>>
Yuri-ism save us
>>
>>1927610
Those are Chinese scanlations.
>>
what happened this manga with the translation?
>>
>>1933998
The scanlator seems to have disappearance symdrome
>>
>>1933998
this happened

ch 6 JP scan and translation
http://safe.yuriproject.net/res/17818.html
>>
>>1934109
>663MB for 30 pages
That's pretty hardcore.
>>
>>1934235
The editor's copy is 596 of them, then the TL's copy is the rest
>>
>>1934109
>doesn't know the difference between lashes and brows

kek
>>
>>1934109
>>1934251
>No wonder the Avon lady always looks at me funny
>also eyeLIDS are you serious there's a third one?
>>
File: 26.jpg (2 MB, 1401x2000) Image search: [Google]
26.jpg
2 MB, 1401x2000
>eroi

So, that's what Nakatani was talking about in her interview when she said how Hibike did what she wanted to do in her manga.
>>
When will 6 be translated its been months PLEASE
>>
>>1941219
Read the thread >>1934109
>>
File: Cover.jpg (3 MB, 2933x2117) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
3 MB, 2933x2117
i scanned the tank bonus from tora no ana
>>
File: Extra.jpg (3 MB, 2925x2114) Image search: [Google]
Extra.jpg
3 MB, 2925x2114
>>1943073
>>
>>1943073
>>1943074
Thanks, that was cute.
>>
>>1943074
>Are you sure we can eat any of these sweets here?

>Sure
>Those who eat something from it just have to leave something in its place
>So it's that kind of system, huh?
>Okay~

>Oh

>[This looks pretty interesting]
>4 candies, but one of them is extra spicy!
>Habanero Russian Candy
>That must've been left here by the previous president...

>Since there's four of us here, let's give them a try
>Sure, sounds fun.
>Eh~

>Ready, go!

>Sweet
>It's delicious
>I'm fine too
>Seems to be just a normal sweet candy

>Huh?

>In the end, it turned out to be a stalemate...
>Koito-san
>Can you get me something to drink...?
>You got the spicy one? Why'd you lie about it?
>I didn't want to look shameful in front of Sayaka and Maki-kun...
>But you've got no problem showing me!?

>>1943073
>slurp~~
>When things get spicy, you gotta have milk.
>>
>>1943133
>>Can you get me something to drink...?
>>But you've got no problem showing me!?

Tainting good manga with your shitty translations again, I see.
>>
>>1943136
>Tainting good manga with your shitty translations again, I see.
Why don't you do it and untaint it then?
>>
Every when is the release date of each chapter in Japan?
>>
>>1944973
When Dengeki Daioh comes out.
>>
>>1944973
The end of every month. Something like the 27th except the latest one shipped for me on the 26th
>>
>>1945103
Oh and Nakatani seems to have a habit of drawing a picture for each release date so you can always find out by following them on twitter
>>
>>1943492
Stop stanning for Goggled Anon, bro. You don't need to fap to him daily, he's easily capable of defending himself if he cares.
>>
>>1945109
I find it annoying when someone complains without an actual explanation of they beef about.
>>
File: CXJoXW4VAAAQVkW.png (298 KB, 780x650) Image search: [Google]
CXJoXW4VAAAQVkW.png
298 KB, 780x650
>>1945106
Yup, in fact the chapter is out today.
>>
File: tumblr_nz794f23L51tfcy7qo1_540.jpg (166 KB, 540x765) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz794f23L51tfcy7qo1_540.jpg
166 KB, 540x765
Chapter 6 Coming Soon.
>>
>>1947841
>soon

Don't tease me bro, give a time
>>
>>1947841
I've been thirsty since 2 months now about time thx
>>
>>1947841
Yesss please the wait is killing me!
>>
>>1947841
Soon or "soon™"?
>>
>>1947942
considering it's yuri project,probably the latter.
>>
File: cocoa_gochiusa_4_20150127.png (190 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
cocoa_gochiusa_4_20150127.png
190 KB, 500x280
>>1947841
This mange is really good, why don't they get license like NTR. I really want to buy it.
>>
>>1948048
Probably because only vol 1 is out. Give it some time and I bet Seven Seas will license this one too.
>>
With the amount of people asking about ch6 I thought that someone would've wanted to typeset it by now. I'm waiting for a new scanner that's coming on the 5th so I can scan 7&8 but it's kind of pointless if nobody wants to typeset it
>>
>>1948061
Is there a translation for chapter 6? I can edit if no one else does.
>>
>>1948061
If nobody else has scanned them by that time, then please do, so at least we can get a translation script. If worse comes to worst and typesetter really has given up (which I doubt, I think he's just a bit slow), I can give a shot at it.
>>
>>1948070
Yes.
http://safe.yuriproject.net/res/17818.html
>>
>>1948071
the person that said they'd typeset on the YP thread actually did release the chapter except they used chinese raw and didn't even bother to post on YP again to QC. so essentially they stole YP's translation. they haven't said/done anything after i pointed this out to them on both dynasty and YP though so im not really sure if they're still interested in typesetting it or actually doing it the right way
>>
>>1948467
Then as I said I can try and do it instead. I will start working on it and if in the meantime the guy at YP hasn't released or said anything I will post it on YP forum for QC.
Also, forgive me for the dumb question, but I'm supposed to use the TL folder for typesetting, since the raws are resized at 2000, right?
>>
>>1948641
Use the edit folder instead desu I didn't read up on what dimension YP's releases are. I try to do 2000px height for my own stuff though.
>>
File: rfsd.png (2 MB, 1146x1618) Image search: [Google]
rfsd.png
2 MB, 1146x1618
Hires
>>
So how popular is this with the Japanese, and what are the chances for an anime adaptation?
>>
>>1950262
Anime adaptations ruin everything, especially art. Why would want it?
>>
>>1950340
Please
>>
>>1950262
Gimmickless romance stories don't have much of a chance for an adaption even if it's het nowadays. I don't think we'll ever see a gimmickless yuri romance for a long time (no, Sakura Trick was not romance, at least not the parts that got adapted).
>>
>>1950437
>Gimmickless
Here's the gimmick: MC is the one being chased by her senpai instead of the other way around. And she shows some signs of asexuality, as in the proper definition of asexuality, not the density-induced "asexuality" commonly seen in manga/anime MCs.
>>
>>1950262
It got sold out in some places, I guess it's popular.
It's way too early to consider an anime.
>>
>>1950461
What the fuck is the proper definition of asexuality?
>>
>>1950437
Yuri in itself is a gimmick to romance, though.
It might happen that someone wants to adapt a yuri romance story again.
>>
>>1950461
By gimmick, I was more thinking along the lines of the show would still have something going on if you removed all romance. This way, the creator has the out of not resolving anything in the end.

Take something like Saekano, remove the romance and you still have a group trying to make a game. Remove the romance in Yahari and you got a loser throwing himself into constant social suicide.

I don't think there are too many animes out there where the romance is in the front and center without something happening in the background. I do not have any statistics to back this up, so if you can point me to a couple of series where this does happen, I'll happily retract my statements.
>>
>>1950475
Just realized that was a bit more long-winded than it needs to be. Basically, I can't think of many recent anime where the romance drives the plot instead of the plot driving the romance.
>>
>>1950437
I don't know who would allege that it's a romance, but it is a yuri romance-based comedy manga, and it definitely has romantic parts.
>>
Does everyone in the student council have some sort of disability?
>>
>>1948641
http://wiki.yuriproject.net/guidelines

Also I too can check-in for typessetting if needed. Just need the raws and correct tl,
>>
>>1950516
Why would you think that? They seem like just normal people to me.
>>
>>1950473
Lack of sexual desire, as opposed to "these girls definitely want to fuck me but I'll just keep blushing and stammering like an idiot and refuse all their advances despite clearly being interested in them" cliche that is so popular in anime with teenage male MCs, especially in haremshit.
Not really a gimmick worthy of an adaptation, though.
>>
>>1950768
So the answer is yes.
>>
>>1950770
What does this have to do with anything? Are you saying Koito should act like harem MCs? Or guys in student council?
>>
>>1950787
That's some reading ability you got there.

>>1950461
>MC is the one being chased by her senpai instead of the other way around. And she shows some signs of asexuality, as in the proper definition of asexuality, not the density-induced "asexuality" commonly seen in manga/anime MCs

>>1950473
>What the fuck is the proper definition of asexuality?

>>1950770
>Lack of sexual desire, as opposed to "these girls definitely want to fuck me but I'll just keep blushing and stammering like an idiot and refuse all their advances despite clearly being interested in them" cliche that is so popular in anime with teenage male MCs, especially in haremshit.
>>
>>1950772
I'm sorry but I don't get it. Are you trying to imply that normal looking people must have some sort of disability?
>>
File: IMAG0221.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0221.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
Things of note from chapter 8:
We get a lot of thoughts from Koito in this chapter.
She's still thinking about what Maki said to her before, about her being in love with Nanami.
Midterms are coming up and she ends up studying with Nanami in the library. The other two are busy and Maki declined as soon as he saw Nanami.
Nanami helps Koito study and they end up spending a lot of time together.
Here are direct thoughts from Koito. Someone would definitely do a better job translating this part so I'm leaving that to them.
> わたしは一緒に勉強する相手が欲しかっただけで
> それは別に七海先輩じゃなくてもいい
> わたしは選ばない
> どきどきも浮かれたりもしない
> でも
> 選ばれるのが嬉しくないわけじゃない
> 誰に選ばれても嬉しいのかもしれないけど
> それでも今
> 一緒にいるのはこの人なわけで
> これはこれでいい関係のかもしれない
> とにかく七海先輩と一緒にいる時間になれることだと思ったので
Last page is just her nonchalantly asking Nanami if she wants to study at her house instead (the library is packed).
>>
>>1951109
Thanks you so much [:
>>
>>1951109
Thanks anon. So, I suppose the following will happen in the next chapter:
>they kiss again
>sister walks in because she never fucking knocks on the door
>"oh, so she WAS your girlfriend, after all"
>she turns 360° and walks away
>>
Raws where???
>>
>>1950768
two girls are borderline asexual, one guy can only love by watching, and the typical "rather stay best friend" girl.

Only one guy seems normal but we don't really have much info about him.
>>
>>1951147
If you turn 360 you just go back to where you started and you get the double amount of yuri so everyone is a winner in this case.
>>
>>1951385
>two girls are borderline asexual
What, who's the other one?
>>
>>1951488
The two mains. Nanami was borderline asexual up until she met Koito, but she got turned on by Koito's asexualness and went full sexual.
>>
>>1951489
>she got turned on by Koito's asexualness and went full sexual.
>"My fetish is a sexuality!"
Well, it had to be someone's I guess, ain't a thing that's not somebody's fetish.
>>
>>1950516
Anon, they are just normal people. You seem to have some sort of disability if you think these are not normal.

Aspergers maybe? Borderline? Not sure what you have, but it sure gives you a distorted view of how people actually interact.
>>
Raws? Anyone?
>>
>>1951385
Neither of those are actual disabilities, what are you on about? And Nanami being asexual or even a borderline case is a huge stretch. She just really didn't want anyone to get too close to her, like Sayaka says, while now she looks like she wants to jump Yuu's bones every time she's with her. I'm no psychiatrist, but I'm pretty sure this is not how asexuality works at all.
That said, you're either like this anon said >>1951512 or you're just trolling, so whatever.
>>
Are we ever gonna get a scene where Yuu gropes and ravages Nanami, hoping that maybe she'll feel excited? The end result will be a panting Nanami while Yuu herself is completely bored going, "Nope, still doesn't do it for me".
>>
>>1951923
Meant to type ravish, not ravage. I guess either could work, but I doubt the latter's gonna happen.
>>
>>1951109
>http://www.1kkk.com/manhua18289/
raws of chapter 8 please
>>
>>1951998
Sorry, but I'm physically incapable of doing any kind of damage to my copy (even though there are only a few things I read in there). Kouhai did say they'll be scanning the new chapters once their new scanner comes in though, so just wait a few more days.
>>
>>1951998
For chinese scanlations, check on scanlator's weibo or yamibo will be faster. (no update for chapter 8 yet, though)
>http://www.weibo.com/u/5460828565
>>
>>1951569
Yuu does seem asexual though. She likes Nanami but she doesn't feel much, physically, for her (or anyone else).
>>
File: CXWJqQTUMAABJ6r.png (467 KB, 1023x595) Image search: [Google]
CXWJqQTUMAABJ6r.png
467 KB, 1023x595
>>1952026
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1hm528v4bk135sk/yagakimi_ch7_raw.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kagaga3v33i53e2/yagakimi_ch8_raw.rar
>>
>>1954962
>chapter 8
So little progression. Yuu likes Nanami just fine but she's not that much closer to fall in love with her than she was at the beginning. It makes me feel it won't happen, or that it will feel forced if it does.
>>
>>1954962
Based. Thank you.
>>1954989
This again? Saying that it will be forced(?) or even that it won't happen makes me think that you completely missed the point of this manga. I strongly suggest you to re-read it if you say there's been little to no progression.
>>
>>1954994
>makes me think that you completely missed the point of this manga
You won't know what's the point of the manga until the end. Right now, what you think it's the point is just your speculation.

And yeah, I don't think there has been much progression in their relationship. They got closer, but I don't see any sort of attraction from Yuu.
>>
>>1954989
It has already more progress than her Touhou doujins. I feel it will go like always in her stories with Yuu realizing she loves Nanami and ending there. Separation end is possible too.
>>
>>1954995
The story is about Yuu slowly learning how to fall in love, meaning that if the romance doesn't happen then the whole plot is useless. Of course the progress is slow, because the manga would end otherwise? Because there's a shitton of things that yet have to happen? I'm not really sure what you're getting at, I feel like I'm just stating the obvious here.
>>
>>1954999
>The story is about Yuu slowly learning how to fall in love
Just your opinion. It might as well be about Yuu accepting that it's okay if she doesn't fall in love. Either way, we won't know until the end.

>Of course the progress is slow, because the manga would end otherwise?
Slow progress is one thing, but I don't really see any progress at all. I mean, they've gotten close, sure, but it's mostly just friendship from Yuu's part. She doesn't seem any closer to develop an actual attraction for Nanami than she was at the beginning. Just look how totally chill she looks when she casually invites her home in this chapter. She doesn't feel a thing.
>>
>>1955001
I don't think Yuu would let anyone just kiss her like that. So they got bit closer. And the slow pacing is kinda nice so there are no sudden character changes or cliched drama.
>>
>>1955002
>I don't think Yuu would let anyone just kiss her like that.
I wonder. No one else has asked, really.
>>
>>1955004
She declined to go out with a friend she liked for 3 years. I think she must feel something for Nanami there even if she doesn't realize it yet.
>>
>>1955001
Whatever you say bro. You seem convinced that no actual romance will happen in this romance manga, so I won't try to force you to believe otherwise.
>>
>>1955006
She declined because Nanami suggested she should. She didn't know what to do. She just knew she didn't get the "doki doki" feelings for him. She doesn't feel that way for Nanami either.
>>
>>1954962
Ohh, do I spot a MISUNDERSTANDING in ch8?
Nanami being jelly because she believes that there's something between Maki and Yuu while they're actually just talking about her.
I seriously hope there won't be any big drama about this, but I'm sure that Sayaka will try to push them together.
>>
>>1955012
It's to be expected that Nanami is worried. There may not be anything between Maki and Yuu but they have some chemistry. Besides, she's a third year while they're both first year. They will still be there after she graduates.
>>
>>1955018
Wait, isn't Nanami a 2nd year? I was pretty sure she is.
>>
File: img12.jpg (2 MB, 2550x3509) Image search: [Google]
img12.jpg
2 MB, 2550x3509
>>1954962
Thanks, you're godsend.

Maki is bro tier. This is how MC of Yuri Danshi should have been written.

>>1955018
>>1955022
And Nanami is indeed a second year.
>>
I was reading chapter 6 (yuri project has a translation in QC) and I'm starting to think >>1950461 is right. Yuu does seem asexual.
>>
>>1955056
How about you make an Aoi hana thread and talk about "asexuals" there. It was only 8 chapters, give it time.
>>
>>1955008
She had already made up her mind before asking Nanami for advice. She just didn't know how to go about properly rejecting him.
>>
Why does everyone call Touko "Nanami"? Why not call Yuu "Koito" then?
>>
>>1955314
Yuu's sort of the viewpoint character, so readers feel intimate about her.
>>
>>1955314
I think only Sayaka calls Touko by her name so maybe people kinda forget.
>>
Doesn't Nanami mean seven seas

So when is 7Seas going to pick up this
>>
>>1955318
When second volume will come out.
>>
>>1955318
>Doesn't Nanami mean seven seas
>So when is 7Seas going to pick up this

Ask them politely via Twitter, tumblr, or Facebook and make sure this title gains a TON of willing buyer support
>>
>>1955318
>So when is 7Seas going to pick up this
Probably waiting to see of something actually happens.
>>
>>1955069
Aoi Hana could afford to keep Akira clueless about love until the end because it had a lot of other characters to focus on in the meantime. That's not the case here, and Yuu's "I don't feel a thing" bullshit is already getting old.

Or maybe she really is asexual. If so, I could see her getting more anxious the more she realizes that no matter what she does, she just doesn't really feel anything. Could be an interesting direction to take.
>>
>>1955367
>Yuu's "I don't feel a thing" bullshit is already getting old
Keep in mind that in-series only one month has passed, so it's more than reasonable to think that the situation is still more or less the same.
Which I don't really believe it's the case anyway, because judging from ch 7 and 8 my impression is that she's also subconsciously trying to stop her feelings from growing because of all the issues that would emerge otherwise.
>>
http://manhua.dmzj.com/zuizhongwochengleni/

Chapter 08 raws! :D
>>
>>1955882
This >>1954962 are the actual raws.
>>
Chapter 6 in English:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8v1mdvy64vsr9kr/yagakimi06.zip

This is a new/distinct release.
>>
>>1955367
She's coming off aromantic asexual.
>>
>>1956072
People at yuriproject were already working on it though.
>>1956077
This desperate need to categorize the sexuality of characters really reeks of tumblr. And what's an "aromantic" by the way? Someone who doesn't want romance? Because this is not really the case for Yuu.
>>
File: 013.jpg (993 KB, 1113x1590) Image search: [Google]
013.jpg
993 KB, 1113x1590
>>1956077
Please stop with asexuals already. Yuu just hasn't realized her feelings and like that anon >>1955652 said subconsciously suppresses them.

Let's speculate about Nanami's past. What could have caused such drastic changes to her?
>>
what's with tumblrinas and their obsession with asexuality?
>>1956072
thanks,dude.who's in charge of this release? I guess is not the same as Yuriproject,right?
>>
File: 010.jpg (1 MB, 1098x1590) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
1 MB, 1098x1590
To continue >>1956088
There is this page as well. In original it isn't as clear who is happy as iHoshiku wants it to be.

I bet Nanami has some relative at death bed who was teacher or principal.
>>
>>1956124
>what's with tumblrinas and their obsession with asexuality?
They want representation for marginalized identities, and explicitly asexual characters are very rare.
>>
>>1956135
Well, Touko tells Yuu that her family only consists of her and her parents, but that could very well be a lie. Maybe she has an older sister/brother that was involved in the episode that caused the Student Council play tradition to stop? That would make sense especially because she seems way too eager to do the play.
>>
>>1956124
I am in charge of it. My group is doing 7 and 8 next. Then we'll be caught up when 9 comes out at the end of the month.
>>
>>1956146
Well they've got that one girl in The Feelings We Must Endure... who got royally cheated on because the girl she was dating was horny.
>>
>>1956151
>but that could very well be a lie
I don't think she'd lie like that. Touko does seem too eager about the play. She probably was the one who found out about tradition that was interrupted 7 years ago and which matches with approximate age of changes in her personality. Maybe older sister/brother is now dead.
>>
>>1956161
you're doing god's work,anon. do you guys have a blog or a website,or you're only posting your releases on /u/?
>>
>>1956170
Maybe this person is dead, but if this anon >>1956135 is right about that page, then wouldn't that line be translated like "I bet that person would be happy"?
>>
>>1956192
That anon is me as well and yes you right about translation. And that line implies that person is alive. Maybe mom/dad would be happy about their younger daughter treading in steps of dead sister/brother.
>>
>>1956165
Wasn't she just lesbian with no sex-drive?
>>
>>1956192
Ah, just re-read that page and
>It's pretty early for her
sounds more like "time flies". We're definitely right about older sibling.
>>
I'm ok with slow pacing. Just hope this gets a happy ending. Please no more time skips or going separate ways.
>>
>>1956072
this is ihoshiku style of typesetting, please try harder
>>
>>1956211
So, what should I do about this? I was doing the editing at yuriproject but these guys released the chapter out of the blue and seems like they're planning to do more, is it still worth working on it?
>>
>>1956220
yes, keep doing the good work. dynasty will always host the better version so please keep doing what you've been doing
>>
>>1956199
>>1956203
I remember doing a double take when I first read this page, because to me it seemed strange that the author would put an emphasis on Yuu's reaction after the teacher said such an obvious thing, so I'm glad that you pointed it out.
However I think the same would be if he was talking about her parents, I mean of course they would be happy, so there's no need to make that face, no?

In the end the sibling theory seems very plausible, the real question is whether they're dead or not, and why would Touko lie about her family if her older sibling is still alive.
>>
>>1956220
what's wrong with two groups working on this? it happens all the time with anime releases.
>>
>>1956220
>>1956224
Is editing and typesetting a lot of work? Do groups even need people for this or it's just translators who are needed?
>>
>>1956232
I wouldn't say it's a lot of work but it takes time to learn to do it well on top of a lot of patience. Yes, groups are always needing every role filled. If you're interested in working on things there are many projects needing editors just on Yuri Project alone.
>>
>>1956161
Good work anon.
We will wait for ch. 7 and 8.
>>
>>1956226
>I mean of course they would be happy, so there's no need to make that face, no?
He says "aitsu" he knows that person well enough to use such a familiar way of speech.
>>
>>1956228
I just want to avoid scanlation drama so it's better if I ask these questions before I do anything else.
>>1956232
To me cleaning was really time consuming, but it was my first attempt and I'm really slow in general. I think you get much faster with practice, so you should give it a try if you have enough patience as machigai said.
>>
>>1956211
Yes, this was my first ever typesetting job. The line spacing will be fixed in Chapter 7. Beyond that, do you have any more specific feedback?
>>
>>1956251
>>1956253
So how do you know who works on what project/chapter?
>>
>>1956253
at a glance, did you change the leading value? the lines seemed to be squeezed together. some of the bubbles are not completed centered and lining is a little awkward. i spotted a few pages with black dotted lines on the side.
i highly recommend you to read through this http://prettyanonymo.us/index.php/scanlation-resources/anonblacks-typesetting-guide/

i realize my initial post sounds bad, i apologize for that. i am not saying we cant have two groups working on the same thing. this series is a great series, id just like to see some more effort put into scanlating this. be it YP or not.
>>
>>1956255
I've posted typesetting and editing related stuff exclusively on yuriproject, and will continue to do so. If the chapter gets released it will be under yuriproject's tag. I don't know about the other guy, judging from the quality I suppose it will be some sort of speedscans?
>>
>>1956072
I've noticed some mistakes in my own translation thanks to reading your version of the chapter. Your translation would also appear to contain some errors. Would you have any interest in working together to ensure readers have the most accurate possible release to read?

Status of this project at YP - 6 is in QC, chapters 7 and 8 translated. Input or suggestions from any and all comers is welcome.
ch. 6 [most recent QC]: http://safe.yuriproject.net/res/17818.html#18052
ch. 7: http://safe.yuriproject.net/res/18061.html
ch. 8: http://safe.yuriproject.net/res/18076.html
>>
>>1956088
>Please stop with asexuals already.
Almost everything points out she is asexual though.
>>
>>1956087
>Someone who doesn't want romance?
Yuu wants romance though. She just doesn't feel it.
>>
>>1956278
>>>//tumblr//
>>
>>1956202
So, a homoromantic asexual?
>>
>>1956262
Do you guys need help with cleaning and typesetting of 7 or 8? I don't really have much experience in this and don't wanna be a bother if someone already works on it.
>>
>>1956543
I'm already done with cleaning chapter 7. But you can typesetting 7 chapter or do both for chapter 8 cuz i dont have time for this right now.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2da74cgqclzfakg/yagakimi+ch7+clean.rar
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.