[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best tablet for yuri
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: tablets for u.jpg (299 KB, 2293x930) Image search: [Google]
tablets for u.jpg
299 KB, 2293x930
Anyone use a tablet for viewing their /u/?

I have an old tablet that like any good /u/ser uses it mainly for reading yuri manga and occasionally watching anime (mainly yuri related of course), and I'm tired of it taking long amounts of time to load pages from websites, not responding when I try to open the video program, or a video in that program, and overall the lack of quality when viewing on the device. I'm now looking to upgrade, and I'd like to know from those of you who use your tablets for /u/ what you think I should be looking for in a device.

I read a lot of people saying they like 4:3 aspect ratios for viewing webpages, but for the yuri shows many of us at /u/ watch I'd think a 16:10 aspect ratio might be better for viewing. Anyone view yuri manga on devices of both aspect ratio(s), and if so do you feel one works better for manga than another.

What's more important for viewing anime and manga sharpness or brightness? Would viewing anime on a 2048x1536 (320ppi) at a 4:3 aspect ratio (where things are letter boxed) actually be a worse viewing experience than viewing on a 1920x1200 (283ppi) 16:10?

What's better from a wifi perspective something that supports ac networks, or something that is limited to n at best, but has MIMI 2x2?

(For reference two tablets I am considering - and stats that I mentioned) are the Asus Zenpad S 8.0 z580ca - not the model that ends in a C - , and the Acer Predator 8).
>>
Here are the specs for the Predator 8:

http://community.acer.com/acer/attachments/acer/predator/1459/1/Predator%208-1.pdf
http://community.acer.com/acer/attachments/acer/predator/1459/2/Predator%208-2.pdf

Here is the stats for the Asus ZenPad S 8.0 z580CA:
http://www.asus.com/us/Tablets/ASUS_ZenPad_S_80_Z580CA/specifications/

Contrary to what the stats page for the Zenpad battery life is apparently closer to 6-6.5 hours versus the 8 it states. The Predator 8 was released today, so I don't know if the battery life stats are true to life.
>>
>>1909393
>What's more important for viewing anime and manga sharpness or brightness?
I asked the question about brightness, but didn't post any stats for each because there seems to be contrary reports of the Asus brightness. One site says it only gets 299 nits while another says it gets 387 nits. The Acer apparently is rated at 380 nits.

299 nits review:
http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/tablets/asus-zenpad-s-8

387 nits review:
http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Asus-ZenPad-S-8.0-Z580CA-Review_id4087

If the first review is wrong, and the second correct than the two would probably look equal from a brightness perspective, not that it necessarily has any significance when watching anime, or view manga in doors where you don't want other people seeing your yuri material. ;)
>>
>>1909393
This shit belongs on /g/. Now kindly leave.
>>
>>1909393
I just use my phone.
>>
I understand why you might think tablets are the better choice for viewing yuri. However, investing an extra thousand into a good tower gives you far more memory (for more yuri) and more processing speed allowing you to watch more yuri simultaneously. Having a good tower also means you're able to hook up multiple screens allowing you to watch anywhere from 1 to 10 shows at the same time, and due to the possibility for ethernet plug connection, allowing faster internet connection you're less likely to experience interruptions.
>>
>>1909401
>I understand why you might think tablets are the better choice for viewing yuri. However, investing an extra thousand into a good tower gives you far more memory (for more yuri) and more processing speed allowing you to watch more yuri simultaneously.
I already have a computer I use for most of my yuri watching and reading (that projects my anime to a large LCD TV), but sometimes I don't like being pitched forward from a chair with my neck crooked while reading manga on the computer screen. Sometimes I prefer to read my manga while laying down in bed. That's what I do/plan to do with the tablet. BTW: Thanks for taking the time to make a serious reply unlike >>1909399.
>>
File: yuriprojection.jpg (67 KB, 800x502) Image search: [Google]
yuriprojection.jpg
67 KB, 800x502
>>1909403
>Sometimes I prefer to read my manga while laying down in bed, that's what I plan to do with the tablet
Oh in that case, I believe a projector may be the better choice for you.
This sweet young thing can be hooked up to a variety of media players including the computer you already own. Combine that with paint designed for projectors you can set it up to have a yuri cover your entire ceiling, your wall, or any direction you wish. And Because its a projector, depending on how much you invest in it, you are capable of having quality shows projected on areas far bigger than conventional screens, and if you prefer a smaller view that is also a possibility by simply moving the projector.
>>
>>1909407
>Oh in that case, I believe a projector may be the better choice for you.
>This sweet young thing can be hooked up to a variety of media players including the computer you already own. Combine that with paint designed for projectors you can set it up to have a yuri cover your entire ceiling, your wall, or any direction you wish. And Because its a projector, depending on how much you invest in it, you are capable of having quality shows projected on areas far bigger than conventional screens, and if you prefer a smaller view that is also a possibility by simply moving the projector.
That doesn't sound very feasible to me. (Do you actually lay down in bed, and shoot a projector on to your ceiling?). Beyond the issue of holding a heavy, hot, (expensive) projector on yourself there is the problem of turning pages in the manga you're reading. You can't very well do that using a projector. Unless you live in your kitchen I'd expect your ceiling to be a bumpy stucco material that a projected image wouldn't look very good on.
>>
>>1909424
>turning pages
wireless mouse
>it wouldn't very good on the ceiling
there's special paint you have to apply for projectors, its actually quite nice.
>>
>>1909401
Same.

>>1909398
>;)
Not here, bruh.
>>
If you care about color accuracy and don't mind splurging a bit, then the Surface 3 (non-pro) is worth a look, it has a 3:2 aspect ratio that's pretty much perfect for reading and the kickstand is really nice if you want to watch video while laying in bed (or anywhere, the kickstand is awesome). It also has a usb 3.0 port and a micro SD slot which is pretty convenient if you haven't gone all in on cloud storage or take it somewhere without internet.

If you feel like splurging a lot then of course there's the SP4 which just came out, and that has an even better display and is obviously much more powerful if you want to use it for things other than content consumption.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9219/the-surface-3-review

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9727/the-microsoft-surface-pro-4-review-raising-the-bar
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.