[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life Is Strange: 7% edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 200
File: no regrets.png (552 KB, 791x578) Image search: [Google]
no regrets.png
552 KB, 791x578
Previous thread >>1883452

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
>>
>tfw no chloe gf irl
>>
Nah, the title of longest thread on /u/ goes to the Korra threads. At their height they busted out 2000 posts.
>>
I will pay for a "true" DLC ending where Max would be able to save everyone and kiss Chloe.

Hell even though I pre-order this on Steam, I'll buy it on the PS4 as well.
>>
>>1897099
Huh, I did not get this stat; I only got to see the one stat about who you saved.
>>
>>1897099
i haven't seen the end, is there yuri? if so is it implied or made clear?
>>
>>1897166
There are two endings. One makes it clear, and the other one is heavily implied.
>>
>>1897162
If you're looking at the stats afterwards on the PC version, you can press the right arrow to see all the "minor" choices. I dunno how to do it on Xbone/PS4.
>>
>>1897129
>>1897135

I get the feeling a lot of people didn't understand WHY you had to choose between Arcadia Bay and Chloe.

You don't just save Chloe once. You save her over, and over, and over again. Fate doesn't just want her to die, it demands that she die. You say reuse over and over and over again. This is a story about one girl given the ability to fight against fate, but that fight means nothing if you don't have something to fight for, and if fate doesn't fight back.

So in the end people die. Every war has it's casualties. That doesn't taint the victory, it makes it more meaningful. So many lesbian romances end with one person dying, or them breaking up. This stands it's on its head. It tells you that everything you've been doing is wrong. That fate and morality demand sacrafice. But this time you get to decide.

So what if less people die? So what you save everyone? So what if allowing Chloe to die makes the world a better place? What kind of world would that be without your soul mate? What world would that be without the love and sacrifice you made to realize it? What's the fucking point being able to turn back time if you don't? If life exists with any purpose at all, and if fate has a plan and we can't refuse that fate then what is the point in being alive?

This story has to end like this, it's the only way it can. You and fate fight to a stand still, but you still win. If you just give up at the end then what was the point in all this? Nothing. Doing that renders the emotional journey the story takes you on meaningless.

Fight fate. Fuck Arcadia bay.

>>1897168
There's really no point in spoiler tags. Anybody who reads this thread can clearly tell how the game ends.
>>
>>1897176
>You don't just save Chloe once. You save her over, and over, and over again. Fate doesn't just want her to die, it demands that she die. You say reuse over and over and over again. This is a story about one girl given the ability to fight against fate, but that fight means nothing if you don't have something to fight for, and if fate doesn't fight back.

So Max is Homura then.
>>
File: 1445464014939.png (874 KB, 640x983) Image search: [Google]
1445464014939.png
874 KB, 640x983
>>1897135
>>
>>1897213
>other endings
>endings
>s
I'm glad someone edited in a better shout-out though.
>>
>>1897176
They're still shitty endings that don't resolve anything.
>>
>>1897099
I'm extremely surprised at the fact that 66% of the players chose to kiss Warren, even without the potential lesbian romance, he always seemed nothing more than the 'friend'. Hugging him makes more sense.
>>
>>1897249
I didn't even know you could kiss him. I hugged him by accident and then decided to reverse time because I don't want to send him the wrong message. Kids dead now tho so who cares i guess.
>>
>>1897176
I like to think it's something like that and everyone in-universe is way off on their theories of why the storm is coming. It's not because Max is messing with time, but because she's messing with the narrative (Arcadia Bay is actually located in Discworld or something). Chloe is supposed to die to save the community (if she dies, Nathan and Jefferson are caught, Rachel's body is found, Kate's bullying stops, Victoria is safe, etc.) because she hits so many death flags. She's a regular bad girl; she does drugs, she steals, she's queer, she has casual sex. Max has the chance of reversing that so the community dies to save Chloe.

>>1897211
I admit that when I pressed the Sacrifice Arcadia Bay button, I gained a whole new level of sympathy for Homucifer.
>>
>>1897261
That's a very meta way to look at it.
I kinda like it actually.

I mean, even with that, I want a third perfect ending, but still.
>>
>>1897227
They are meant to be a "fuck you"
You will never have Chloe. Ever.
Sacrificing the merely supports and enforces the truth of how devilish homosexuality is.

Girls cannot love girls.
>>
Saving Arcadia Bay is the only logical response to acept your mistakes in playing god. Chloe must die so that you can be cleansed off, of your arrogance in playing with the threads of time.
You cannot win.
Delaying the inevitable will always bring you to that same place over and over until You Decide, even against your oen will, what fate, god or whatever so enjoyed making you suffer, wants.

You can cry out to the skies, curse and renounce whatever deity you believe in and it still will not matter. Because, in the end, it OWNS you.
And Chloe, is not meant for you.
>>
>>1897288
>>1897282
Hi /v/, still so much butthurt that we got a canon lesbian ending?
>>
>>1896968

True, but since Max is going back with some limited pre-knowledge, we wouldnt necessarily have to break into Wells' office.
We could get in some other way

>>1897288
Fuck fate, fuck destiny, fuck all those deities, fuck the inevitable, fuck the storm.
Im gonna fuck Chloe.
>>
>>1897227
Yeah, I was really disappointed.

Not just on the yuri end, where you either get Tragic Lesbians or get your waifu at a high cost that others will judge you with. I'm guessing the choice is easier for players that romanced Warren. Good for them , but its unfair for those that were going for a lesbian romance.

But also, negating all your choices and slapping on a two-choice 'choose your ending' was not only lazy, but I feel it may also rob some replay value from this game. It almost reminds me of ME3 (though not quite there, still).
>>
>>1897302

Yeah, it DEFINITELY removes replay value.
I have three games running with different choices in them, and I was gonna catch them up through episode 4 and 5 after completing 5 on my 'main' save.

Not sure I will now.
A lot of emotional suckerpunch for no alternate-ending payoff
>>
>>1897301
That's the spirit!

I really want fanart of Max as Homucifer.

>>1897302
>get your waifu at a high cost that others will judge you with
What others? The only person other than Max who knows is Chloe and I can't see her engaging in much judging.
>>
>>1897305
Well, on a more meta level.

'Wow, you actually sacrificed an entire town and everyone inside for your waifu? What the fuck?'

Well shit, its not like there was a third option or anything, and nothing to be done to avoid that choice altogether.
>>
>>1897307
>its not like there was a third option or anything

Reject their choices and write your own.
You're Max Caulfield, Time Warrior.
>>
>>1897307
I'm going to judge any Max who gave up on love even harder.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqWcpEZ3GY0
>>
File: demon_girl.jpg (45 KB, 700x832) Image search: [Google]
demon_girl.jpg
45 KB, 700x832
>>1897301
>Fuck fate, fuck destiny, fuck all those deities, fuck the inevitable, fuck the storm.
>Im gonna fuck Chloe.

Fuck her and God, the Devil and the things that so rules the destinty and/or fate of time and space itself, fucks you.

You'll be running around, jumping like a kid trying to reach a candy on a rod pulled by an adult seeking to have fun.
>>
http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/21/9589174/life-is-strange-episode-5-review-polarized

>Colin: The makers of this game seem to be guilty of the same crime as Mark Jefferson. They put these young women in a box and point cameras at them and have them make out with each other. We witness a lot of hand-wringing about loss of innocence and accumulation of adult guilt, but little else is revealed about their characters. That the girls love each other is established early on, but their feelings don't fully develop into anything that feels complex or authentic. These emotional daubings just get reflected in whatever crisis the writers hand us.

>I had thought that the flirting and suggestions of romantic involvement were packed away when Chloe spurned Max's kiss after their swimming pool adventure. But it's difficult to interpret either of the endings (I watched the one I didn't pick on YouTube) without the notion of romance, which somehow made their feelings for one another less interesting.

>I don't think I like the writers' motives. Sex was coyly suggested, repeatedly, but not explored. They went nuts with make-out scenes in the nightmare section (which we'll get to). And yet, something as enormous as Chloe finding out about her own alternative timelines was just brushed aside.

For reals, Colin Campbell, for reals? My mind. It boggles.
>>
File: 2015-10-20_00003.jpg (109 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-20_00003.jpg
109 KB, 1680x1050
>>1897329
Max's face when.

>>1897330
"As a straight man, this lesbian romance is entirely unbelievable and forced and I dont like it."
>>
>>1897332
His mind obviously got carried away with it too.

>same crime as Mark Jefferson
>make them make out with each other
When did Jefferson do this?

>loss of innocence and accumulation of adult guilt
This is what he thinks about when he thinks of lesbianism I guess?

>their feelings don't fully develop into anything that feels complex or authentic
Uh-huh.

>Chloe spurned Max's kiss after their swimming pool adventure
Did I miss something big?

>Sex was coyly suggested, repeatedly
Sorry, what?
>>
>>1897335
>This is what he thinks about when he thinks of lesbianism I guess?
No, that's literally the point of Jefferson's speech to Max. That it's hard to be a purityfag nowadays. And it's also reflected in Max's hallucinations during the nightmare sequence.
>>
>>1897335

Yeah, exactly.
Jefferson didnt do anything of the sort, and the game doesnt force it either. Christ, it's easier to get a het relationship going with minimal actual buildup.

Plus
>I had thought that the flirting and suggestions of romantic involvement were packed away when Chloe spurned Max's kiss after their swimming pool adventure.
Fucker is *literally* blind then. It was ridiculously obvious that they were still into each other. I mean hell, one of Chloe's lines afterwards was "You'd better not rewind and take that back".
How is that 'spurned'?
>>
>>1897332
>"As a straight man, this lesbian romance is entirely unbelievable and forced and I dont like it."

>I don't like it.

No Chloe for you.
There, it's settled.

God has spoken.
>>
>>1897342
That doesn't even make sense anon
>>
>>1897339
Yeah, it's one thing to be too *something* to not notice the constant sexual tension, flirting and emotional development between Max and Chloe, but to announce it to the world in that unbearable more-progressive-than-thou tone makes me embarrassed for him.
>>
>>1897348
He's a games journalist.
Honestly don't expect any better
>>
>>1897330
>it's so problematic and exploitative to depict two over-18 women who love each other kiss twice and go swimming with their sinful bits covered
I bet you no one would be complaining about any of this if Max was a boy.
>>
>>1897349
But the "games journalists" on Rock Paper Shotgun are good, and I think, have really grown over the past couple of years by taking interest outside the typically narrow and insular view of the industry. Don't tar them all with the same brush.
>>
>>1897330
I can't remember which episode review it was (probably 3), where he started going off about the Pricefield romance, saying it was pointless fanservice or some such. I've pretty much stopped going to polygon since then.
>>
>>1897301
>Fuck fate, fuck destiny, fuck all those deities, fuck the inevitable, fuck the storm.
>Im gonna fuck Chloe.
Fate != destiny, though.
Fate wants Chloe to die.
It's Max's destiny to save her and only by sacrificing Arcadia Bay she's able to fulfill it.
That's what's the game's about, if you chose Bay over Bae, you gave up.
>>
>>1897353
I was surprised there weren't more comments about it under the article. I think the relationship is very tasteful, and extremely lightweight - with so many chances to avoid overt Pricefield - and a potential het love interest - that they guy is clearly a bigot.
>>
>>1897304
I had one save.
Now I have three. Saved Chloe in every one of them. Watch me tip the scales of global stats, dontnod!
>>
Somebody please tell me that I'm not the only one who saved Arcadia Bay because I prefer Kate instead of Chloe.

>tfw I never really liked Chloe in the first place nor understood why everyone loves her so much
>>
>>1897356
You are the hero we don't deserve Onee-sama.

>>1897358
Some people in /vg/ said the same thing, so you are not alone.
>>
>>1897358
I saved the Bay because Kiritsugu was right.
But then I felt really shitty. I mean, I also never liked Chloe, but I don't think she deserved to die in that bathroom. That's just a shitty way to go.
>>
>>1897359
I kind of wish they added more slots though. I'd use them too.
I asked in /vg/ a couple of times but have gotten no answer how the stats are counted. What if it adds a stat point every time the game is completed, regardless of save status?
>>
>>1897363
It probably adds a stat point every time you get to the end of the episode. But it might be limited to 3 points per decision per player (as in, each player can only add 3 points to a global stat by playing the game in three different save slots, and whenever the player changes their choice, it detracts a point from wherever it went the first time and adds it to a different stat).
>>
>>1897363
Good question. I guess a friend could take a lot at whether the stats change or not when you finish it again.
>>
>>1897366
That's a bit contrived. It's probably as simple as save slot = 1 vote.
>>
>>1897368
Well, that's what I was trying to say. But since there are three slots, you get to vote three times.
>>
>>1897369
Oh, right.
>>
Any good fanfic about ep 5 out there?
>>
>>1897332
Colin is probably one of those Warren self-insert fags.
>>
>>1897377
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5041915
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5038093
>>
>>1897383
He only hugged him though, because he is a dull dude according to himself. Megan at least wasnt full of shit.
I don't understand people complaining about "why can't it be just a beautiful friendship", not everything has to be for you. It also clearly had romantic undertones the whole time so its not a beautiful friendship for the start. so he didn't liek the relationship at all and it boils down to
"I wish they wrote this exactly how I wanted it to be"
>>
>>1897385
>not everything has to be for you
>"I wish they wrote this exactly how I wanted it to be"
Well gee, I wonder who this reminds me of...
>>
>>1897386
I'm very aware of the hypocritical nature of the statement, yet there are degrees of everything otherwise you can't critic any media,also dude seems to "feel uncomfortable" that girls can develope sexuality in their teens, which is stupid as fuck
>>
File: 1430695955899.jpg (102 KB, 500x555) Image search: [Google]
1430695955899.jpg
102 KB, 500x555
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzdSepr9xKA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqv1NEWG0G4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5SvnsLMH2o

Friendly reminder that the journey is over.
>>
>>1897384
Thank you.
>>
>>1897389
Until Dontnod realise that LiS IS their company, and they are going bankrupt again, and SE doesn't want any risks with new IP...

Also that's the fucking cutest picture I don't even know why.
>>
>>1897400
>and SE doesn't want any risks with new IP
Aren't they funding Vampyr?
>>
Ending was not great. So decided to write this http://archiveofourown.org/works/5057956/
>>
>>1897402
We'll see if Dontnod manage to make it to release without a new incoming bankruptcy. And more cash, with pre-existing art assets? Not sure they'll pass it up. But it could be wishful thinking. But I wouldn't say it's impossible.
>>
>>1897352
Fair enough, but sadly they're an outlier.

>>1897356
I'm gonna have to do the same
Ignore warren 100% and choose the Bae.
>>
>>1897305
>I really want fanart of Max as Homucifer.
Me too.
>>
>>1897251
>Warren
>Dead
David knows where the Dark Room is in the part of time where Max can choose to sacrifice the town, because he busted Jefferson with teh cops the previous night. So as soon as the storm hit you can bet your ass that he hightailed it to Two Whales to get Joyce (and the others) to safety in the Dark Room.
Also the town had a bomb shelter boom due to the Prescotts, as mentioned in Episode 4. Make of all that what you want.
>>
>>1897389
This pic should have a companion piece where they have intense eye contact. Preferably taken in a tent when they're camping. With the same caption.
>we're quite lost...
>in each other's eyes!
>>
>>1897389

These are great.
And that pic's great too.

God I want a second season.
I dont like the story ending here, I want more of Max and Chloe. Moreso than I would've expected.
>>
>>1897414
You seem to favour shorter sentences, anon.
>>
>>1897427
Intended as a stream of consciousness. Don't usually write like this. Nor in the present tense. Hope it works. Future chapters not necessarily in the same style.
>>
>>1897293
>Dear Madam,
>your /u/ license is revoked.

No, I've decided to replay the episode and not kiss Warren, because of what >>1897287 said.

Also, there are a few other things I forgot to do, like tell Frank about Rachel, and periodicly check my new diary entries.
>>
I was disappointed that so many of the mysteries we thought were going to turn out to be magic-related turned out to be completely pedestrian.

1. How did Jefferson make it to the junkyard so fast? Time travel? Nope. Just an ordinary plothole.

2. Why is Nathan apparently able to see visions of the future? Time travel? Nope. He's just crazy.

3. Why does Rachel appear to have been dating three different people despite being apparently genuine and earnest? Is she in fact three different people? Is she really dead? Are time travel shenanigans involved? Did she cause the apocalypse? Nope. She's just some dead girl.
>>
File: 1445559783893.png (1 MB, 1000x927) Image search: [Google]
1445559783893.png
1 MB, 1000x927
BEST AND MOST CANON
>>
>>1897443
>Why does Rachel appear to have been dating three different people despite being apparently genuine and earnest?
polyamory.jpg

> Is she really dead?
Yes.
>>
>>1897443
>Why does Rachel appear to have been dating three different people despite being apparently genuine and earnest?
Simple: she wasn't genuine and ernest like Laura Palmer, the person she's obviously based on
>>
>>1897445
It's just that "Rachel is/was a time traveler" was one of the most popular fan theories. It was regarded with practically the same level of robustness as R+L is regarded, in ASOIAF fan forums.
>>
So, can we assume that post Sacrife Bay ending that Max has to fight a future version herself from the Kill Chloe ending that comes back to kill Chloe for the good of all and they are both duking it out, ripping a hole in time and our Max will then manipulate it to create a timeline where Bay and Bae are alive and well?
UNLIMITED TIME WORKS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaAuJHxVhxI
>>
>>1897443
>How did Jefferson make it to the junkyard so fast?
He can teleport.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM2P_mzOb58
>>
>>1897450
Not this shit again, Nasu.
Keep going.
>>
>>1897452
F!Max: No the end will be the same. You'll lose all hope just as I have!
F!Max: In any case, your battle ends now.
Max: You're right, saving Chloe was selfish. But I asked myself "Could I truly live without her?" *she shakes her head* No, even if my life is in ruins my wish for Chloe to live be happy is worth anything. I won't lose her. Even if it's foolish I won't turn back. I know it wasn't....Even if it makes me a bad person. I KNOW SAVING HER WASN'T WRONG!
*Max runs towards the other Max, ripping small holes into time as she does so and her nose starts bleeding*
Max: It's wasn't.....It wasn't....SAVING CHLOE WASN'T WRONG!
>>
Friendly reminder that there are bomb shelters all over Arcadia Bay as a news article told us in Episode 4 and David knows where the Dark Room is from the previous jump through the picture. You know what to choose
>>
File: no regrets.png (1010 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
no regrets.png
1010 KB, 1920x1080
>>1897465
>You know what to choose
Well, duh.
>>
>>1897223
>>
>>1897469
Perfect, thank you.
>>
>>1897467
Fuck you too.
>>
>>1897467

That entire scene was painful but that flinch killed me inside.
There's a hollow space in me where my heart used to live.
>>
>>1897473
I just love fucking with you guys.
>>
https://www.change.org/p/dontnod-enterntainment-square-enix-extended-ending-additional-content-for-life-is-strange
You're all on /lisg/ anyway I expect but whatever. Sign. Pass on.
>>
>>1897444
it's the only way to go.
>>
>>1897457
Why do you continue to fight, even though your defeat is inevitable, you still open fabrics of time hoping to win. If Max continues, then the entire world shall be engulfed by a storm.
>>
>>1897493
I don't think that they will give any attention to this petition anon.
>>
>>1897531

Then she'll die, holding Chloe in her arms to the end
>>
really I feel like there shouldn't have been a 'final choice'

I've been making choices all game they should dictate how the story ends. not a binary choice that I can get no matter what I chose

like I can play two different games making all the opposite choices and I get the same end is silly
>>
>>1897536
But you can't play two different games. No matter what you do, the main story stays the same. Max learns to rewind time, saves Chloe, gets kidnapped by Jefferson, etc. Nothing really changes.
>>
>>1897533
No probably not. But you know what they definitely won't give any attention to? No petition.
>>
>>1897531
I think it's more like " with chloe's death, nathan is arrested, Jefferson to and also the prescott's family for helping jefferson, they were about to do something bad to arcadia bay but chloe's death put a end to this."

" But when you save her, none of them will be stopped unless you're involved yourself into it and then " fate " decide to take care of the cost of that with something unstoppable like the storm"
>>
>>1897541
yes but you didn't have to tell the principle or get David kicked out of his home

you didn't have to befriend Victoria or destroy the train station

all the choices you make could had led to multiple endings
>>
>>1897547

>you're involved yourself
>you're yourself

Ok.
>>
>>1897536
In essence, what this anon from below said.
>>1897550

You could, but there would always be consequences, CONSEQUENCES you would have to carry, to endure, to accept, to take responsability and forever bear the burden.

Hence why, no matter what, she would always....die.
>>
>>1897542
you're right, it's better than nothing.
>>
>>1897352

Polygon is pretty much the mainstream of Vidya and Computer-games journalism.
>>
>>1897568
Now that's a shitpost, it's like we're becoming /v/
>>
>>1897457
I'd kill for a fight between Max and Maxine (who is going to dress like Covergirl!Max in an odd in remembrance of Chloe)

>>1897535
>>1897547
This was a reference though, nothing more. to Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
>>
>>1897610
Fair enough, but still
if nature decides to end the world, that's how my Max is going out.
>>
>>1897656
Max: A world in which Chloe doesn't live isn't a world I want to be part of!
>>
>>1897660

I know how she feels
>>
since we are able to play as victoria for a short amount of time do you think there will be a dlc from her pov?
>>
OK, how would Chloe and Max's first time be?
We know Chloe has some experience, but Max is a virgin most likely.
Also which of them is sporting pubes?
>>
Episode 5 has just made me realise that I will never know or meet someone like Chloe or like Max, and I feel so very very alone.
I wish i was straight you guys, my god
>>
>>1897671
I recently spotted two girls cosplaying as them in the tram, since we got a anime/manga/videogame event this week
>>
>>1897673

Literally London?
>>
>>1897674
Uh, no. I'm from Germany.
It was pretty funny, since the two others they were hanging with were Luigi and that Dulahan from Durarara.
>>
>>1897676

I ask just because there's a big expo in London today through to Sunday.
I was going to go as Chloe but my friends bailed on me because they suck
>>
>>1897681
Sorry I got the cosplay wrong and deleted it.

Heh, but funny coincidence. I guess you need to dress up our friend as Max and have your way with her.
>>
>>1897682

Hah, I didnt even see it like that.
She was actually going to go as Max because she was going to be taking pictures of the con anyways.
>>
I stole this from a different forum but:

"The first thing the Doe does is lead you up the lighthouse during the storm, showing it was safe, that Max should be there during the storm. Later it leads you to Rachel, then disappears.

I do say the saving Chloe is the best ending, as a real doe shows up in that ending, rather than the cruel mocking butterfly.
Disasters are inevitable, letting someone die in front of you isn't."

Works for me
>>
>>1897753
Huh. That is actually nicely worded.
>>
File: 1807476875987538568179.png (144 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1807476875987538568179.png
144 KB, 500x357
Favorite part about this game was every time a new episode got released I'd play it out in the living room and my roommate would wander out and watch me play it/help me with the puzzles, and when it got to the last choice I was sitting there seriously considering both options, and from the couch I hear "Easiest decision ever dude, time to sacrifice a small town in Oregon for your girl." My roomie knows what's up
>>
>>1897753
>>1897873

Disasters arent inevitable, preventing through sacrifices is what made this great country in the first place. The life of many outweighsthe life of one. And Max deserves no pity other than to acept its consequences.
>>
>>1897877
Oh, she's accepting them... in Chloe's truck while they drive away from that messed up town.
>>
>>1897660
I like to think that as an anime fan, Max has watched Sailor Moon and remembered that episode when making her choice.
>>
Fuck what the game "wants" you to feel, saving Chloe is a better story. Max didn't spend all that time fighting to keep Chloe alive and putting Chloe first only to go "shit never mind, the stakes just got too high" in the end.
>>
>>1897922
But the game is perfectly fine with you feeling that way. You had the option of saving Chloe by killing Arcadia Bay, didn't you?
>>
>>1897932
>killing
Sacrificing. Unless the universe gods are capable of dispensing body blankets.
>>
>>1897932
Yeah, I was more referring to how the opposite ending is longer and seems to have more effort put into it, to the degree that I've seen a bunch of people calling it the more "canon" ending. Which, nope. Fuck that.
>>
>>1897938
I don't understand how they can talk about either one being "canon". It's a fucking choice game. You make the canon.
>>
I'd just like to point out that inaction is not the same as action. Max did not actively will the tornado to land on the town - a town, that, frankly, had ages to get to the many bomb shelters while the tornado was sitting stationary in the bay. If there isn't a difference, then by not donating all your money to charity for malaria medication right now (let's say, 50 cents for a saved life, because those meds are cheap as hell), you are responsible, right now, for 1000s of deaths, irl.
>>
>>1897939
Yeah, I think that's a prime example of people wanting to be offended regardless of the facts.
>>
>>1897938
Fuck those idiots. There won't be a season 2, so "canon" doesn't mean anything.
As for the lenght of the endings, it's not too unreasonable that the "bad" one is longer since it deals with Max's personal tragedy of having lost the most important person in her life, while the "good" one is literally a "we're together, fuck everything else" so it shows exactly that.

Honestly I don't know how would I change the "save Chloe" ending for better. For how much I'd loved to see a kiss in that too, I agree with the director saying that it would have been completely out of place for them to start smooching during the tornado or right next to the destroyed town.
Sure, maybe they could have shown who actualy survived the tornado (since it's impossible everyone died like the final scene seems to suggest), but since, as I said, this is the "Max & Chloe and nobody else's" ending it seems fitting to me to show only the two of them leaving that fucking town (like in the Silent Hill series good ends).
>>
File: still_here_by_manlaw508-d9e3ksn.jpg (205 KB, 1024x1374) Image search: [Google]
still_here_by_manlaw508-d9e3ksn.jpg
205 KB, 1024x1374
>>
>>1897963
This picture is lovely but too sad
>>
>>1897962
I think they should have either shown some survivors (and thus implying that whoever isn't shown is dead) or showing the town completely levelled if they wanted us to think everyone died. I don't really care all that much, though. For the reasons you said, I find both endings satisfying.

>>1897942
Yeah, but I didn't accidentally unleash malaria on the world.
>>
>>1897966
The casket was empty. The funeral was a ruse.
>>
>>1897967
>Yeah, but I didn't accidentally unleash malaria on the world.
Your actions could have. Remember when you sneezed when you were 4 years old? Because the universe sure does!
>>
>>
File: trueend.png (17 KB, 579x107) Image search: [Google]
trueend.png
17 KB, 579x107
Just a reminder that Chloe is safe and staying with Max and her parents, who didn't even look surprised when they found out Max and Chloe were a couple now.
>>
>>1898000
Yeah, having your daughter announce she's bi and dating her childhood friend is probably nothing after you've spent a week hearing how she's accused someone of waving a gun at school, talked her classmate down from killing herself, helped solve a murder and miraculously survived a freak tornado.
>>
>>1898003
I can see Max's dad jokingly tell her "Remind me to never ground you."
>>
>>1897389
These are so good, damn I miss them already. Season 2 never?
>>
>>1898032
Even if they decide to make season 2, it'll have different characters.
Though, frankly, I don't think they'll manage to pull it off.
>>
>>1898003
I like to think it was quite obvious to Max and Chloe's parents that they had a big crush on each other from the start. I also think that if Max did have a crush on Chloe all along, it would explain why she never made contact while she was away. She didn't want to admit it to herself, thinking about Chloe dredged up those feelings every time, so her solution was to just totally blank Chloe out. Also, why she avoided seeing Chloe when she came back - she kept putting off contacting her. Also, see: Max's subconscious in episode 5, jealously about the prospect of Chloe being - sexually/romantically, whatever - involved with other people. This would also factor into how obviously hugely guilty Max is about not contacting Chloe, and how quickly she becomes so attached again.

I do think Dontnod could have done a lot more with this. They could really have done something super special and had like the best ever portrayal of gay characters in a game to date. While in reality they obviously never really one hundred percent committed themselves, even maybe to the end. I mean, you've got things like the nightmare sequence, which is, really, totally fucking gay, and I think that was the interpretation they obviously intended, but they are always - just - kind of holding back. I think it's a case of not wanting to upset people that wouldn't be okay with it, which is lame, and also, they are kinda new at this, just look at those trope endings.
>>
>>1897968
This is it. Season 2 confirmed.
>>
>>1897968

It was Rachel's body
>>
>>1898034
I agree, unfortunately, and a DLC is also extremely unlikely.
It's just hard to accept that there'll be no more content with those characters.
>>
>>1898038
I would hardly say DLC is extremely unlikely. They've obviously built the capability in to the game, and the option remains in the main menu, as yet unused; it just drops you on the steam store page.
>>
You know, one thing that I find funny is that in the Sacrifice Bae ending they left it open if NPC!Max tore up the photo or kept it. Imagine Max coming back into her dorm just to find the photo lying there. Tempting her.
To go full Homura.
>>
>>1898049
Which is the basis for the fic I'm writing. Max has the tools and the brain to fix things. What are a few nosebleeds when you might save everyone and get your soulmate back.
>>
OK writefag here. Now that the endings feels are subsiding a little (and I kinda got to vent my Sacrificing Chloe feels already) I'm thinking of doing something based on the best end, though I'm still not sure how to approach it. I want to avoid the "town gets wrecked but 'everyone's' fine" thing that seems to be used to so I'm debating who might be killed off.
>>
>>1898053
That's the spirit. Have her go beyond time and space and through that lands in the "afterlife" and meets Rachel there.
>>
>>1898054
>so I'm debating who might be killed off
Go for ME2 ending. Whoever Max befriended survives and maybe helps a couple of other people. For example, if Max and David didn't hate each other, he survives and helps his family. Or something like that.
>>
>>1898057
David I was thinking would survive anyway (Joyce and everyone in Two Whales too because he gets them out and into the Dark Room since he knows where it is and if Max can drive through the storm he can too). So far I wanted Kate to survive, sorely based on the fact that she made it sound like her and her family were going out of town, but maybe I misheard that one.
>>
>>1898058
Her family wasn't even in Arcadia Bay, IIRC. She said something about going back to them, so, theoretically, she should be safe.
>>
>>1898055
I wrote the first chapter already. Please don't eviscerate me for linking to my own fic.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5057956/
I'm going to try publishing a new chapter every few days. But I'm not very organised.
>>
>>1898059
I thought her file in episode 3 said that she's from Arcadia Bay.
>>
>>1898063
Did it? I must be remembering it wrong, then.
>>
>>1898058
>>1898059

If nothing else, the Hospital and Blackwell both seem to be very solid buildings unlike most everything else in Arcadia Bay, so people who took shelter in those are more likely to be okay - if Kate's still in hospital, she may well be alright
>>
>>1898062
Oh that's yours?
I think my advice would be to make sentences a little longer. I know english is all about short and condensed sentences, but they can be alittle longer I think.
>>
>>1898066

Depends what you're after - lots of short sentences make something choppy and faster. So something like a fight scene, or a confused nightmare maybe, they work well with short sentences. Something more sedate like a romantic dinner, that works better with long sentences.
>>
>>1898065
True and iirc it's procedure for all patients to be moved into the basement during category storms. So if for example Kate's family was picking her up and the storm starts they'd also go down into the basement and be save there.

Any idea how the phone reception is after a storm like that?
>>
>>1898067
Hmm, OK. To be honest I'm not that experienced with writing in that language so sometimes I slip into habits of how we write in German.
>>
>>1898068

It'd depend I expect.
Probably a lot of static in the air might fuck things up?
Also if relays were knocked out that'd screw it up.
>>
>>1898070
I am totally not imagining you as a qt writing things out and then translating them and struggling over the odd word here and there. It's isnt adorable.
Not at all.

No piss-taking intended.
>>
>>1898070
German here, dude that counts for us too.
>>
>>1898067
This anon has it basically right in my case. I was trying to go for a fast-paced stream of consciousness, particularly in the second part where Chloe is going to pieces because Max seems to be dying in front of her. I picture her attention rapidly switching between different things. Same reason I wrote that chapter mainly in the present tense. At the beginning as well, it's mainly about what is going on in Chloe's head as it happens. The rest will not necessarily be written in the same style; it will not just be from Chloe's POV either.

Just checking that people got the fact that "Future-Max" had just come back to the new present she just created in a photo elsewhere, that's why she isn't so healthy suddenly?
>>
>>1898071
Well, mobile phones rely on microwaves, which are extremely vulnerable to disruption in bad weather. Wet vegetation is also great at totally blocking them. No storms in UK so I have no experience though.
>>
>>1898077

Yeah, I got that that was what you meant!
Same for the stream of consciousness-ness.

>>1898078
Yeah exactly that, the worst storms we ever get around London are just RAIN FOR DAYS.
>>
>>1898065

Considering that the Two-Whale Diner still looks okay after the storm and the only houses that are somewhat levelled, like Chloe's home, are made from fucking plywood, I'd say Blackwell, the Hospital and essentially all building made from stone are still standing.
>>
>>1898087

Yeah pretty much.
Hell, Chloe's home is set back away from the sea front - the Diner is RIGHT THERE on the front, so it should've been hardest hit but even the diner is still standing.
>>
>>1898084
>the worst storms we ever get around London are just RAIN FOR DAYS.
How do you distinguish them from regular weather?
>>
>>1898090

We dont.
We just bitch about them for a bit longer than usual.

Weather is the primary subject of most smalltalk in this country. It makes it weird playing things like LiS or Three-Fourths Home sometimes because of it. It's just insane to think that people live in places where nature can just rock up and be like YO NICE TOWN IM GONNA BLOW IT DOWN NOW, KAY?
>>
>>1898074
Nah that's not what I meant. Sometimes I mix up grammar rules.
>>
File: 121485.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
121485.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Goddammit Max, your imagination is going into overdrive!
>>
>>1898091
Which is a funny fact considering the weather here, especially in the South East, isn't that bad. It's worse in the North of France.
>>
>>1898102

Well yeah, naturally, but that's just their lot in life as Frenchmen.
Also you're South East as well?
Whereabouts?
>>
>>1898035
I don't know about the past, but in the present Joyce definitely knows Chloe likes girls and wants Max for a daughter-in-law.

>I do think Dontnod could have done a lot more with this.
How would you have changed things?

>While in reality they obviously never really one hundred percent committed themselves, even maybe to the end.
I didn't really mind them taking the subtle route. It fits Max's character and her situation, and they are committed enough that it never feels like you're watching a KyoAni show.

>the nightmare sequence, which is, really, totally fucking gay, and I think that was the interpretation they obviously intended, but they are always - just - kind of holding back
If you read Max's journal, she pretty much confirms that the nightmare was indeed really, totally fucking gay.
>>
File: really totally gay.jpg (39 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
really totally gay.jpg
39 KB, 480x480
>>1898105
>If you read Max's journal, she pretty much confirms that the nightmare was indeed really, totally fucking gay.
In fact, the whole game was really, totally hella fucking gay.
>>
>>1898104
Giving my location on 4chan, are you cereal?
It's /u/ though... so I'll give you a hint. In the county there is a river and a famous university.

>>1898105
>I don't know about the past, but in the present Joyce definitely knows Chloe likes girls and wants Max for a daughter-in-law.
Haha. Maybe. In my headcanon she goes a lot easier on Chloe than most parents would with that behaviour both 'cause, obv., William's death, but also because she sees that Chloe is also struggling over her sexuality.

I also imagine that it was really, really, like we don't really get to appreciate, terrible, losing Max for years like that on Chloe, because of those feelings, so that Joyce is so happy when Max comes back. I can see Joyce being totally overjoyed when they start dating, and constantly showering affection on Max. Max never guesses why, but it's because Max didn't break Chloe's heart.

Maybe I'll work something into my fic.

>How would you have changed things?
Really make the fact that they aren't just gal pals central to the plot and gameplay. Like, maybe you still get the chance to date Warren, but this leads to Max second guessing her assumption she liked guys in the first place. And things like the dare kiss, I would liked to have seen Max getting more thoughtful about that before the last episode. It's brushed off for quite some time. As it stands, it feels like you get to control a character with an undefined sexuality, which you then influence. It would have been pretty special if you'd got a character with a defined sexuality. I'm kind of rambling so I'm not sure I'm getting my point across.

>they are committed enough that it never feels like you're watching a KyoAni show.
That's a pretty low bar you're setting there, anon.
>>
>>1898105
>If you read Max's journal, she pretty much confirms that the nightmare was indeed really, totally fucking gay.
I think they could have done more with the journal. Sometimes it didn't mesh with what Max had experienced. A lot of the time it felt like it was written for the 3rd party to read, not a teenaged girl's diary (to themselves). Which it obviously was, but the point is to try to avoid that being the impression given. The dream was super gay, but it was also pretty dark, but in the diary, Max seems pretty cheerful. She just had a dream where random people she knew all kissed or flirted with Chloe in front of her, taunted her and insulted her from the perspective of her not being good enough for Chloe. And then it's all "is it love or friendship? I think I'm about to find out..." I think the dream was darker than that, and showed Max was very insecure (though we of course know this anyway). I think that's when a person sits down and really thinks about their sexuality, how long they have known this for reals, and whether that person really has felt like just a friend to you all along.

And that's enough of my rambling.
>>
>>1898158

Fair point being cautious.
But hell it's /u/, I dont mind saying Im near Dartford. It's a crappy town but it could be worse. At least London is right there.

>>1898160
Agreed, the journal was odd, it slipped out of character sometimes. I liked it and the way it told the story, but it REALLY seemed off in places, where it just didnt seem half as dark as the action itself.

As an aside, could you still bring up the journal after Jefferson burned it?
I remember thinking "I wonder if it's still there" but I was so involved I never actually checked.
>>
>>1898165
Hey, at least you're still in the home counties too. Could be a lot worse.

And I forgot all about the diary pretty quick on the way to the diner to get that photo. Right about then I had started getting the feeling that Dontnod was going to end the game how they actually did, so I was distracted and forgot to open it (apart from in the nightmare). You must be able to open it at some point later, because there have been screenshots going around that correspond to things that happen after.
>>
>>1898177
Oh boy, no kidding.

Yeah exactly.
I dont know how, because you get that text that prompts you to check your phone and see all the messages from everyone (Pompidou MVP of course) and I still totally forgot to check the journal.

I'm gonna have to steel myself and replay at some point to read it all but I am not looking forward to it.

Also where's my AO3 invite damnit.
>>
>>1898188
It's cool chatting with a semi-local yuri fan. Some reason it's weird thinking there is such a thing. If people I knew irl knew about my obsession with fictional lesbians, ha...

>I'm gonna have to steel myself and replay at some point to read it all but I am not looking forward to it.
After that ending, I can't see myself playing the game again. Life is Strange: The Only Winning Move Is Not To Play.

>Also where's my AO3 invite damnit.
It's a pain waiting, I know. Took about 3 days for me.
>>
>>1898165
>could you still bring up the journal after Jefferson burned it?
If you try to open it, you get a shot of its charred remains. Once you travel back in time to before the party, you gain access to it again. If you open it in the nightmare, you get something scary.

>>1898188
Just load the last save in the game and start reading.
>>
File: life_is_strange__lighthouse.jpg (83 KB, 1024x577) Image search: [Google]
life_is_strange__lighthouse.jpg
83 KB, 1024x577
They're a million million world, all different and all similar. Constants and variables. There's always a light house, There's always a girl, there's always a city

But sometimes somethings difrent...yet the same.

Constants...and variables.

It always starts with a light house.

I don't understand

We don't need to. It'll happen all the same.

Why.

Because it does. Because it has. Because it will.

There's so many choices...

They all lead us to the same place...where it started.

No one tells me what to chose
>>
>>1897301
Max can't go back with any pre-knowledge though. When she jumps with a picture, she can only stay for a little while. A minute or two at most. And then she returns, not knowing what happened while future her took control of her body. At best, she could write down a few notes for herself about the future, but A) there's no way those could explain everything that happens plus everything that changes because of not using her time powers and B) would she believe herself? Her first long jump was at the end of day 3. If she blacked out for a minute and woke up with some hastily scribbled notes telling her they're from the future and her idol is actually a serial killer, would she believe them, or just think something fucked up was going on?
>>
>>1898207
Your memory isn't great. There are no time limits when she goes back; the constraints are based on physical space, and events, not time, you stay with William the first time as long as it takes to change what happens. Also, she goes back and gives advice to Chloe, who acts on it - that's a pretty big event in ep 5. She doesn't need to just leave a note for herself.
>>
>>1897358
Fuck Kate, what about Victoria? I thought Max really had something going with her throughout the game.
>>
>>1898199
Yeah, it's neat! Usually people are from the mainland, or the complete other end of the UK at best.

I'm pretty sure I'll just go with >>1898204's advice and just load up the checkpoints and read, so I can avoid tearing my heart right back out again.
At some point I'm gonna go back and get all the optional photos, so I guess I'll do it then.
Just gotta be sure I have a lot of tissues on hand.

And yeah, this wait is annoying.
I've seen my piece posted like three times on /vg/ which felt weird mane.

>>1898204
Oh really, you just get the burned remains? That's so cool, I wasnt sure if they'd go with that.
>something scary
Not sure if want.
>>
>>1897385
>He only hugged him though, because he is a dull dude according to himself.
Same. After everything the guy does for you, he at least deserves a little affection, but I can't find a way to play through the game while believably creating a Max who cares more about Warren than she does about Chloe. She had half a dozen chances to bring Max in on the investigation, or to explain her powers to him, but the first and only person she goes to is Chloe, and every time he tries to join she shoves him away.
>>
>>1897443
We never actually meet Rachel, we only get to know her through second hand accounts, usually from the people she dated.
>>
>>1898158
>It's /u/ though... so I'll give you a hint. In the county there is a river and a famous university.
Egypt.
>>
>>1898158
>she sees that Chloe is also struggling over her sexuality.
I think Chloe's actually remarkably comfortable with her own sexuality. She just has bad luck in love, along with everything else.

>As it stands, it feels like you get to control a character with an undefined sexuality, which you then influence
Actually, going by her journal, Max is always attracted to Chloe even if you don't pursue her. If you fail to kiss her, she writes about how she would have liked to but didn't for reasons and upon returning from the alternate timeline where William lived, she again regrets not kissing her.

>It's brushed off for quite some time
To be fair, Max doesn't really have time for any quiet reflection after the kiss. It's all time manipulation, alternate universe euthanasia, watching the love of your life die and surprise tornadoes from there to the end. I also rather like the idea of a modern teenager being pretty chill about realizing she's bisexual.
>>
>>1898211
>Your memory isn't great. There are no time limits when she goes back; the constraints are based on physical space, and events, not time

I always attributed that to the natural passage of time in a video game being tied to your actions. Like yes, when you jump back into Jefferson's classroom, you can theoretically stay there for 22 hours while you leave your computer running, but then Victoria holds a conversation with her teacher for a day while Max is just sitting at her desk after class, which makes no sense. The whole game only works if, like most games, you assume the time it takes for a character to do something in game is unrelated to the amount of time it took you to have them do it.
>>
>>1898158
>As it stands, it feels like you get to control a character with an undefined sexuality, which you then influence.
I never saw it that way. It always seemed to me like, even if you make all the anti-Chloe choices and all the pro-Warren choices they gave you, you still care more about Chloe than Warren. There are too many scripted events where the game gives you no choice but to blow Warren off to hang with Chloe, and to not tell him anything about your powers or the investigation no matter how much he asks, when you told Chloe more or less right off the bat.
>>
>>1898230
>The Max who chose Warren over Chloe and saved Arcadia Bay will realize Chloe was the love of her life when it's too late and forever curse her own cowardice
>>
>>1898241
Well, Max in Save the Bay ending still has the photograph, so...
>>
>>1898213
If you wanted to like, chat, you could PM my latest reddit throwaway account FRX-99.

>>1898221
Close. Except Egypt isn't a British home county. Guess again.

>>1898227
Okay, but absolutely no mention is made of Max's time being limited in the photos. A limitation on freedom of movement is specifically mentioned, by Max herself, and we experience this in the fact you as the player cannot walk far. When she jumps into those photos it's a window into the past that then spins out based on what she does at that time, into a new timeline.

>>1898222
>I think Chloe's actually remarkably comfortable with her own sexuality[...]
Then it's even better because it means she's struggling specifically over Max. Joyce is going to know of course. And she obviously really likes Max already. I can picture Chloe and Max being super awkward when they come out, and Joyce just hugs Max.

>To be fair, Max doesn't really have time for any quiet reflection after the kiss[...]
I suppose that's fair to say.

>Actually, going by her journal[...]
and
>>1898230
I still think they could have done more.

And this fucking captcha. It keeps asking me for street name signs and won't believe my answers.
>>
>>1898230
>game gives you no choice but to blow Warren off to hang with Chloe
Posted this to antagonise /lisg/ when the prospect of Warren DLC was raised and thought /u/ might find it amusing.
>Max does "Go ape" with Warren. It's awful. Warren is a creep, tries to kiss Max when the mood totally isn't there, has his arm round her the whole time and she's trying to shift away without being to obvious, she can't even concentrate on the film because she's so uncomfortable
>They drive back in silence
>Max sits down alone in her bedroom
>Thinks
>Says to self: "I think I might be gay."
>Can't sleep
>Calls Chloe
>"Oh hey Supermax, what's up, it's kinda late?"
>"Nothing up Chloe. I just felt like hearing your voice."
>Fade out
>>
>>1898257
I did enjoy that, thank you
>>
>>1898254

Now i need to remember my reddit login details

And honestly, I think that Joyce would be overjoyed to findo ut that Chloe and Max were dating, she basically dotes on Max.

>>1898257
I snerked when I saw that.
>>
>>1898041
I don´t see how they could make it work storywise though, considering the bay over bae ending
>>
>>1898286
Inb4 the crappy ending was just a ruse, they are holding the real one back to get the money off desperate fans.

And they still built in that DLC functionality, and have claimed the plot wasn't changed along the way, so, they probably have some idea about how they would work in DLC. Valve-game tie-in hats.
>>
File: DLC.png (9 KB, 450x152) Image search: [Google]
DLC.png
9 KB, 450x152
>>1898288
>And they still built in that DLC functionality
If you've ever looked through the game's files, you might have noticed that it treats episodes as DLCs. Same with all episodic games.
>>
>>1898293
The main menu points to the intention to release DLC, not episodes, which you are right, are technically treated by Steam as DLC.
>>
>>1898288
2 months. You'll all see.
>>
>>1898242
There's a fic on AO3 where Max spends a year in the world where she saved Arcadia Bay, decides it wasn't worth it and goes back. It's pretty good.
>>
>>1898204
>You get something scary.

Like what? I don't think I'll be playing again soon.
>>
File: 1445712313989.jpg (865 KB, 1280x5037) Image search: [Google]
1445712313989.jpg
865 KB, 1280x5037
>>1898348
Link?

I personally don't think she'd make it a day past the funeral. Pic related.
>>
File: 1445575739334.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445575739334.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>1898352
This also related. This .webm is the cutest thing.
>>
HELP

My friend is saying he showed Warren no affection, but still didn't get the final kiss with Chloe in the end. HOW DO YOU GET THE FINAL KISS WITH CHLOE IN THE END?!
>>
File: ksw6tlo.jpg (535 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ksw6tlo.jpg
535 KB, 1920x1080
>>1898351
See pic. It works pretty well in context.

>>1898352
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5051644

In retrospect, I rather like how my Max went from letting Chloe take a punch for her weed because she didn't want to get in trouble with David to letting an entire town be destroyed for her.
>>
>>1898356
You only get the last kiss if you sacrifice Chloe.
>>
>>1898356
Ack! Ack! He's saying it's based on whether you sided with Chloe in various previous episodes!

I did side with her against David during the argument with Joyce, but I stayed in the closet during the scene in the bedroom, prevented Chloe from taking the bribe money during the scene in the principal's office, and gave Frank the gun during the junkyard scene.

I'M SCREWED
I'M SCREWED I'M SCREWED I'M SCREWED
I'M NEVER GOING TO GET THAT KISS
>>
>>1898360
But I did! I sacrificed her and still didn't get the kiss, and you guys told me it was because I kissed Warren earlier, so now I'm going back and NOT kissing him, but my friend says that's still not going to work, because of all my previous decisions!
>>
>>1898364
Aside from not giving Frank the gun, I made the same choices as you and still got the kiss. Your friend might be wrong.

If you really can't get it, just watch it on YouTube.
>>
>>1898363
Oh god, and I even took Kate's call. I can't think of a single time I sided with Chloe EXCEPT during the final argument with David. Oh god, I'm doomed. I'm going to have a hetshit ending, no matter what I do. This is it. I have to anhero in real life.
>>
>>1898368
>If you really can't get it, just watch it on YouTube.

THAT'S NOT THE SAHAHAHAHAME
>>
>>1898357
Thanks for the link.

>letting Chloe take a punch for her weed
That was my Max's first choice. But Chloe looked hurt, and after going around her room looking at her stuff I was feeling fucking sorry for her, and thought, I already pissed off David earlier by backing up Kate, I'm already in the shit, might as well commit to it, and rewound, and backed her up to see how things would turn out. Chloe seemed so delighted I'd helped I couldn't rewind and take it back. I even stuck with the lie all through the game to others, didn't tell on Chloe to either David or Joyce later, though neither really believe me I figured. The scene was Joyce was nice. She really likes Max. Said something like she hoped Max would be a good influence and could she try to be, because Chloe needed it. This feeds into my whole headcanon thing about Joyce repeatedly showering affection on Max after she and Chloe announce they are dating.
>>
>>1898364
I stopped her taking the money, though I did come out of the closet (both ways) for her and tried to shoot Frank.

Im sure you'll be fine anon!
>>
Please somebody tell me there's an algorithm out there that will tell me whether it's possible for me to get the final Chloe kiss, or whether I've fucked myself over and need to replay the entire goddamned game from episode 1.
>>
>>1898377
I've never heard of the ChloePoints influencing the last scene before, and I had maybe one point more than you and still got the kiss. You're probably fine. It isn't that long an episode anyway.
>>
>>1898377
But the kiss anyway happens only if you decide to let her die. You wouldn't want that... right?
So stop panicking and just watch the good ending.
>>
>>1898377
You need to support her at least... twice, I think? I dunno. I took the blame for weed and shot Frank, everything else I did was anti-Chloe, and I got the kiss.
>>
>>1898382
>It isn't that long an episode anyway.
>>1898385
>You need to support her at least... twice, I think?

Don't you get it? I only sided with her ONCE! If I can't get that kiss, even after showing Warren no affection at all, I have to start over THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME. Not just episode 5. The entire thing.

This is the only thing that matters. I know, because it's the only thing that takes into account multiple previous decisions. Well, other than saving Alyssa. So I guess there are only TWO things that matter in the entire game – saving Alyssa, and getting Chloe's final kiss. I got the first one, but right now I'm terrified that I've completely screwed myself over on the second one.
>>
>>1898242
Does she? She threw it on the ground, I thought that meant she left it in the bathroom.
>>
File: Save the bay.webm (3 MB, 615x342) Image search: [Google]
Save the bay.webm
3 MB, 615x342
>>1898387
>THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME
Pretty sure you can side with her in episode 3.
Just fucking play it. Even if you don't get the kiss, you can always choose Bae > Bay.

>>1898389
Did she? I don't want to replay that ending (because holy fuck, Spanish Sahara), but here it just fades to black.
>>
>>1898387
As this anon says:
>>1898383
Why do you want to pick the wrong end?

But if you really, really, want to make the wrong decision, you could just go back to the chapter with the last ChloePoints decision, and play from there. Maybe, episode 4 some time? I don't remember.
>>
>>1898391
>Pretty sure you can side with her in episode 3.
>>1898393
>But if you really, really, want to make the wrong decision, you could just go back to the chapter with the last ChloePoints decision, and play from there.

But the only one I'm willing to change is the closet scene, which I think happens in episode 1. It's the only one I wasn't sure about.
>>
>>1898391
https://youtu.be/M3Svjx0HLHc?t=10m5s
>>
>>1898396
Look, your choices don't matter either way. If you want to get the kiss, you're going to rewind back before anything happened, so you might as well shoot people and steal money.

>>1898398
Well, I stand corrected. There goes my headcanon.
>>
>>1898401
She picked it up. I'm sure. It's her memory of Chloe, or someshit.
>>
>>1898401
>Look, your choices don't matter either way. If you want to get the kiss, you're going to rewind back before anything happened, so you might as well shoot people and steal money.

No! What's the point of playing a roleplaying game if you're not going to roleplay?
>>
>>1898404
Then replay the game. Or find a save editor.
>>
>>1898406
:'(
>Life Is Strange
>You've played 54 hours

I'm busy with schoolwork. I usually only have like an hour of free time per day, if that. Most of that playtime was over the summer.
>>
>>1898404
>What's the point of playing a roleplaying game if you're not going to roleplay?

What's the point in playing a game if the end just reverses all your decisions?
That's one for Dontnod I'd say.
>>
>>1898408
The game had stopped being a roleplaying game the moment you've started aiming for "ChloePoints" instead of just going with the flow. So you can either just suck it up and try finishing the game without changing anything, finding a save editor, going back to episode 3 or replaying the game completely.
>>
>>1898409
I need to know whether I can still get Chloe's final kiss. That's all I'm asking for here. Just an algorithm, that will tell me whether I've screwed myself over, or whether there's still a ray of hope.

If I can still get Chloe's last kiss, then I will gladly invest the hours necessary to replay episode 5. But if I can't, then I just need to uninstall the game and never play it again. But I need to KNOW.

>>1898410
All I want is to know whether I've screwed myself over, or whether I can still get Chloe's last kiss by not kissing Warren, even with my current choice history. That's all I want to know.
>>
>>1898411
>That's all I want to know
Well, we don't know. There is no known way to count your points. In some cases, you can even kiss Warren and still get to kiss Chloe.

> replay episode 5
For what reason?
>>
I don't really follow video games. Are there any /y/ equivalent games to this and something like Gone Home? I know there are RPGs with optional gay romances, but is there anything that would be specifically about an m/m relationship?

>>1898373
You made me think of this pic.

>>1898411
>That's all I want to know.
I don't think anyone knows for certain yet.
>>
>>1898412
>There is no known way to count your points.

But there is! I'm 1-4 against. I sided with Chloe once (in the fight between David and Joyce), and I sided against her four times (in the closet scene with David, in the junkyard scene with Frank, in the principal's office with the bribe money, and when Kate called me in the diner).

The question is, what is the minimum number of times you need to side with her, in order to get her final kiss? Is it one? Or is it two or more?

>For what reason?

I kissed Warren the first time. (Yes, yes, I know, I'm a gigantic bi-slut. I regret it, if that makes any difference.)
>>
>>1898416
>I kissed Warren the first time.
Well, just replay it from the diner section. You don't need to replay the whole episodes, that's precisely why the game has "chapters".

>But there is!
And there are also various dialog options that may or may not affect the score.

>Is it one? Or is it two or more?
If I say one, will you finally just try it?
>>
>>1898408
How did you play 54 hours? I only played 15.
>>
>>1898419
>Well, just replay it from the diner section.

That's still like half the game, isn't it?

>If I say one, will you finally just try it?

:(
Kissing Warren just felt right at the time. I went with it for roleplaying purposes, because I was really grateful to him for taking that picture that let me save Chloe, and it was the end of the world, and I was about to go back in time so he wasn't going to remember it anyway.

Can I at least hug him? Would that count against me?
>>
>>1898420
I do a LOT of reloading. Also, I wander around and explore a lot. Also, sometimes I leave the game paused while I make food or whatever.
>>
>>1898422
>That's still like half the game, isn't it?
You'll have to get to the diner, then focus to the parking lot and convince Chloe not to go full berserk on Nathan, then there's the nightmare sequence... and that's it. The nightmare sequence is the longest of them all.

>Can I at least hug him? Would that count against me?
I mean, I hugged him and got the kiss, but I sided with Chloe twice, so I had some leeway. Not sure whether it affects the score.
>>
Is there ANYBODY who only sided with Chloe once, but still got the final kiss?
>>
hey.

have some feels.

https://youtu.be/VEpMj-tqixs

they could've used this
>>
>>1898446
Jesus fuck what is this, /v/? /r9k/? Get your shitty songs outta here and post lesbians, for fuck's sake.
>>
File: 1432050235481.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1432050235481.jpg
166 KB, 1920x1080
>>1898454
>>
>>1898454
>Chloe asks Max to save the Bay
>Gives her the photo
>The sudden wind gust tears it away from Max's hands
>"So, uhh... Plan B?"
>>
>>1898352
Anyone who sacrificed Chloe on an "in love" playthrough is heartless. Max feels already bad enough if you sacrifice Chloe but you just know that if she's in love with her she'll feel that it was her pulling the trigger for the rest of her life.
>>
>>1898459
I really hoped for some trippy time-jumping lesbian adventure in chapter 5. Max travelling between increasingly weirder realities to find that one perfect decision to make and get back to Chloe holding her on a sunny beach and all like "dozed off there, Max?"
Alas...
>>
>>1898370
>Oh god, and I even took Kate's call
I'm a Pricefield shipper and I still took the call. Anything else is just mean and Chloe does apologize in the hospital for acting like a shit.
>>
File: 1445720022655.jpg (187 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1445720022655.jpg
187 KB, 1024x1024
I know that 90% (probably less) of you are from /vg/, but still.
Petition anon wants to send Dontnod a box of fan letters as a sort of encouragement/thank-you gesture. If you're interested, here's the thing. >>>/vg/120110982

If you aren't, have some lesbians.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 200

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.