[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buyfag Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: Collectors_ch04_02.jpg (69 KB, 489x373) Image search: [Google]
Collectors_ch04_02.jpg
69 KB, 489x373
There have been a couple calls for a buyfag thread, so here we are. I've just slapped together a few book-related links here, so please volunteer any additional resources or information you may have about yuri purchasing. Not entirely sure how we're going to keep this alive after any initial questions are answered, perhaps we could post collections or recent orders?

General guide on buying yuri manga
http://divulge-scans.tumblr.com/buymanga

/a/'s buyfag guide (some relevant info, incl: customs, shipping, book and doujinshi retailers, alternate honto signup guide, etc)
http://buyfag.moe

How to signup for honto:
https://kaizora.wordpress.com/2012/05/19/how-to-signup-for-honto/

How to purchase and convert a JP kindle book
http://pastebin.com/j5n5zSuN
>>
I keep wanting to import pixiv artists' books but they're always sold out. How can buyfag expertise help me avoid this?
>>
>>1882382
If you mean doujinshi, it's more a matter of keeping on top of the artist's updates than expertise. Having some idea of what events they usually attend (e.g. comiket, comitia, GLFes) can give you an idea of when you should be keeping an closer eye on their accounts, but that isn't foolproof. Surugaya (suruga-ya.jp) is a good way to get used stuff if you miss the window, but I have recently had trouble getting them to ship to a proxy.
>>
So I need credit card or debit card? how secure are the deliveries when not for usa deliveries? how long does it takes? I guess it does inflate the cost if it's a delivery for another country that is not the USA
>>
>>1882414
>So I need credit card or debit card?
Unless you have some long-range carrier pigeons that can bundle your cash off to Japan, then...?
>>
So there is basically no reputable one stop shop for these things?

I'm doomed to use third parties that are vaguely trustworthy?

What exactly is the issue with amazon.jp again?
>>
>>1882424
Did you read any of the guides?
>>
>>1882420
Hey, I paid by money order for my Kannamiko illustration collection, back in the day.
>>
>>1882425

No

But Honto doesnt sound as trustworthy as Amazon
>>
>>1882437
I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion, honto is perfectly trustworthy. There's nothing wrong with amazon, honto is just cheaper in certain cases.
>>
>>1882435
How?
>>
>>1882420
I don't trust banks so I have my money in cash hidden under my matress
>>
So does Amazon.jp ship to the U.S or no?
>>
>>1882469
There are links in the OP for a reason you know.
>>
>>1882465
My entire fortune is under my barn, guarded by me, my badass of a brother, our nephew and a lion.
Its there as a tax dodge.
>>
>>1882459
I mailed it to a guy who was running a shop that sold stuff from comiket. Though in the end he didn't actually get paid, because he sent it back. He wanted a type of money order that I couldn't get. I tried to visit his shop in Japan in person to pay him a couple times, but that fell through too. So really I shouldn't have said that I paid by money order, but that I attempted to.
>>
>>1882489
>"I did this thing and it worked!"
>"Really?"
>"No."
>>
>>1882503
I was just trying to avoid being verbose. It was a fairly popular shop, and that's how others [successfully] paid for their goods.
>>
>>1882437
Honto is the best. SAL shipping is slow as hell, it takes about a month for most boxes to arrive, but it is cheap so if you plan on buying often its the best way to save money. One warning, SAL doesn't have tracking numbers so if you live somewhere with a shit postal system that loses mail often you'll be out of luck if a box goes missing. I've had well over a dozen boxes arrive without a problem.

Another reason to use Honto is the constant barrage of promotions. If you are buying anything without 10% back in points or 10% off coupons then you are doing it wrong. You need to manually activate the discount by clicking a button on the promotion page, and some promotions and coupons are members-only that you'll get via e-mail. If you don't know Japanese then look for コミック (comics) banners for print books (usually grouped under "all items", 全商品). E-book (電子書籍) promotions are generally more common with 30% or X00-yen off coupons being sent to me all the time. With the exchange rate being in our favor right now these books are seriously cheap.

Now go collect all the yuri.
>>
>>1882598
Seconding, honto is awesome. Their packaging is quite skookum and SAL usually only takes a couple weeks to get to where I live, unless it's around Christmas.

It's a shame their e-book ecosystem is so restricted, I'd love to give them more of my business (and take advantage of all those coupons).
>>
>>1882639
>It's a shame their e-book ecosystem is so restricted

What do you mean?
>>
>>1882689

For one thing, I don't think we've figured out how to crack their DRM yet.
>>
>>1882689
>>1882691
Not as far as I know either, which is definitely a downside. Their android app is also only available on JP play store, so as a foreign user you're forced to sideload the app or read on the PC. Plus you can't convert the books, so you can't put them on an e-ink reader.
>>
Anyone got a recommended proxy to buy 18+ doujinshi? I usually use FromJapan for other goods since they're cheap, but I've read that don't allow R18+ or R15+ doujins.
>>
>>1882639
>>1882598
So would it be better to buy from Honto over Amazon if you live in the US? It seems like shipping+coupons make it definitely cheaper, unless I'm misreading.
>>
>>1882695
Do you have the energy to be on the lookout for the discounts and the patience to wait for slower shipping without tracking codes? If so then you can definitely save money with honto, and they've been entirely reliable in my experience; it's a pretty big book store and has been around for a long time.
>>
>>1882695
It depends on what you're buying, I still use amazon for artbooks and other heavy stuff since they have flat rate + per-item charges unrelated to weight. Honto with SAL is a better deal if you're just getting a couple of tanks though.
>>
>>1882697
>>1882698
I was thinking 2-4 tanks, yeah. I don't really care about the speed or tracking code since I'm in a pretty reliable area, so I might just go with Honto's SAL.

Thanks!
>>
File: 61GHBoF39xL.jpg (113 KB, 703x1000) Image search: [Google]
61GHBoF39xL.jpg
113 KB, 703x1000
I was thinking to open this thread as well. We can use it to remain updated with the new japanese releases.

09/30 - Shortcake to Kase-san (3rd volume of Kase-san)
10/07 - After Hours 1
10/24 - Yagate, kimi ni naru 1 (pic related)
10/27 - Sakura Trick 6
11/25 - Murciélago 6

Chinese:
11/05 - Begin w/ your name (Tamen de gushi / Their story)
http://www.amazon.cn/gp/switch-language/product/B015INQPQQ?ie=UTF8&language=en_CN
>>
File: 81wAhA-P-8L.jpg (302 KB, 1098x1579) Image search: [Google]
81wAhA-P-8L.jpg
302 KB, 1098x1579
>>1882704
09/18 - Shoujo shikkaku (pic related)
09/25 - Imouto ga dekimashita
10/17 - Ayame 14 2
10/17 - Ore no yome nante inee! 1
10/17 - Prince Prince 1
10/17 - Seesaw x game
10/17 - Yuru Yuri small edition 10
10/17 - Yuru Yuri small edition 11
11/18 - Yuru Yuri small edition 12
11/18 - Yuru Yuri small edition 13
>>
File: 2DK、G.png (492 KB, 771x1099) Image search: [Google]
2DK、G.png
492 KB, 771x1099
>>1882704
>やがて君になる
I saw your pic and it piqued my interested, then I looked it up and saw the artist has a strange mono-boobe style of drawing and it kinda killed my interest.

Anyway, my post recent buys are as follow:
2DK、Gペン、目覚まし時計
ツミキズム
スキマノスキマ
最低女神
明日の君に花束を
屋上ぴかぴかロマンス
>>
>>1882708
Is 2DK any good?
It looks like one of those new "plot + yuri" instead of "yuri + plot" that YH is pushing now, that basically means there is one subtext scene every 4 chapters.
>>
>>1882710
It's explicit yuri, and I like it at the very least.
Though, I'm kind of a sucker for adult yuri.
>>
>>1882704
Thanks. It's been getting harder to keep track of releases. I used to rely on yuri na hibi but that person stopped blogging due to health reasons. I'm sure I missed loads over the years.
>>
>>1882711
So are the two girls actually a couple, with kiss and stuff?
>>
>>1882714
Eh, kinda sorta. There's love triangle stuff going on.
>>
>>1882711
Where the hell is yuri in 2DK? I saw raws of voulume 1 and for now there is none.
>>
>>1882717
Don't know. Seemed pretty clear to me that Kaede likes Nanami and that they are set up to be the end game couple. Kaede isn't affectionate the way she is with anyone else the way she is with Nanami. And Nanami seems like she'll be coming around is volume two.
>>
>>1882719
Girls just being "affectionate" with each other is just subtext, from a magazine called Yuri Hime I expect real yuri couples doing real yuri things.
>>
>>1882720
I'm not sure you understand what the word subtext means. It just means that something is inferred by the reader, and not explicitly stated. For example, breathing is subtext information in most stories. It doesn't mean something is not "true."

Also, Kaede has clear romantic interest in Nanami, so it's not subtext either way.
>>
>>1882720
The crowd attracted by Yuru Yuri wouldn't like adult women that actually are yuri, so it's understandable the manga keeps it subtext. Cut them some slack, the cash has to come from somewhere.
>>
>>1882723
Please understand what subtext means.
>>
File: 103.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
103.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
Will Ano ko ni kiss to shirayuri wo's drama cd be ever released normally so we can buy it?
>>
>>1882723
> The crowd attracted by Yuru Yuri wouldn't like adult women that actually are yuri, so it's understandable the manga keeps it subtext. Cut them some slack, the cash has to come from somewhere.

Your definition of "actually yuri" seems to require swapping of bodily fluids.

Mine requires romantic attraction between women.

By your definition, 2DK is not yuri, but by mine it is.

Anyone who
a) can read and
b) possesses at least half a brain
sees that the endgame is Kaede and Nanami figuring out their feelings and getting together, and that Koyuki and Yuuko will have the role of catalysts in that process. Yuuko is already head over heels for Nanami and is about to mount her rescue of Nanami from her slob of a "boyfriend."
>>
11/27 - Swap⇔Swap 1
>>
>>1882731
>butthurt

You sure got a lot.
>>
>>1882733
That's a very convincing argument you got there. You sure proved that anon wrong.
>>
>>1882717
If you have raws, link/post them so everyone can judge.
>>
>>1882725
>A Kiss and a White Lily Drama CD
I'm pissed I missed the order date for this, I hope they release it normally but I don't have much hope.
>>
>>1882708
http://www.99comic.com/comics/27366o200458/
>>
>>1882874
Me too, cursing myself for not realizing it was preorder only until too late.
>>
>>1882731
I like you.
>>
>>1882731
Thank you for being the voice of reason.
>>
File: 20150317203530fbe.jpg (157 KB, 812x800) Image search: [Google]
20150317203530fbe.jpg
157 KB, 812x800
>>1882704
>>1882706
Don't forget:
11/30 - Mebae 5

And if they pass the stringent yuri regulations:
10/23 - Himawari-san 6
10/19 - Hayate x Blade Nyan 3
>>
>>1882704
>>1883367
If you do light novels:
11/10 安達としまむら 5
11/18 百合舞うオアシス ルルと美姫と宝石の魔女(仮)

The 2ch yuri manga threads have useful lists of new releases. I like this wiki as well:
http://seesaawiki.jp/yuri_manga/

Both include all the Kirara and similar level stuff though.
>>
>>1883405
>安達としまむら 5
Damn, already? I still haven't summoned the will to start 4.
>>
>>1883408
What's holding you back?

They can't publish it fast enough, as far as I'm concerned anyway. Adachi to Shimamura is probably my favorite running yuri work.
>>
>>1883425
Holy shit! I thought I was the only one.

Preview for 5th volume:
http://irumahitoma.jp/webnovel/novel_s036/index.html

>there will never be an anime about cute girls going on cute dates together with awkward handholding and hugs.
>>
>>1883425
Adachi's anxiety makes me anxious, Shimamura's inscrutability makes me worry, I just find them kind of awkward and stressful.
>>
I wonder, why do people never recommend cdjapan?
>>
>>1883556
I find their shipping can be expensive, especially for a few books. But they can be good if you're looking for a book that's no longer on the likes of Honto. I do find their shipping to be cheaper than Amazon, but obviously not as quick.

I've been buying my Yuri manga for over a year now (I really ought to make a list with what I have - about 60+) and I've never had a problem with Honto. It usually arrives within 2 weeks but I remember buying a load and having to wait a month during the Christmas season. The box was a bit damaged but Honto do an excellent packing it so there was no damage to the books.

I'm looking to buy a new load (Maybe 8 or so) so if you guys have suggestions (books you'd highly recommend) I'm happy to add to my haul. I'm currently planning;
シュガールーム
きらぼしのはこ
アフターアワーズ 1

Possibly include the Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san tanks or the Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon series. Though, I do feel it's about time I bought some Nishi Uko stuff.
>>
>>1883675
Collectors, Tonari no Robot and her oneshot collection Couleur de bijoux d'amour are among the nicest physical yuri printings I have. The covers are printed on a different paper than any other and the contents of each book, as you know, are without compare. You can't go wrong.

InuNeko and Kobayashi are definitely good buys. I'm sure you've already bought or are planning on buying other authors like Saida Nika, Momono Moto, and Itou Hachi, but there's only so much you can get at once, right?
>>
>>1883715
Do you know if and when Collectors will have a second volume? I wanted to get that really badly.
>>
>>1883675
I thought かわいさ余って好きさ100倍!! (the other Yuri Hime August release) was pretty good as well.
>>
>>1883715
It's so hard to decide what to get first, but I'm thinking Nishi Uko would be a nice addition at the moment.

Yeah, I have pretty much all of Itou Hachi's works and I'm in the process of getting Saida Nika's works. Cirque Arachne isn't the easiest to find but I think I managed to find it on Amazon jp second hand. It's ashame that some of the really good books are so difficult to find or out of print.

>>1883724
Had a quick look and I've added it to my list of things to eventually buy...it's quite a list.
>>
>>1883720
The first volume has 23 chapters and .5 specials, ending on chapter 12.5. The raws look like they're up to 23 so far, which might be enough depending on how many special chapters she includes in the second volume. Maybe we'll see it listed later this year or early next. I also want to give her all my support, she deserves it.

>>1883738
I bought the literal last copy of many things on Honto and Amazon, and missed out on just as many. It sucks having to buy used, but some yuri is just too good to not get.
>>
>>1883747
From the used books I've order on Amazon they've all been in near new condition so I'm not complaining much. I managed to get the first Candy volume and an Ootomo Megane book second hand and they both looked new. Like you said, second hand isn't my first choice but some manga is just too good to pass up on.
>>
I've got a ZIN order with the following on the way:

Dear My Girl 2 -あかねの物語- (味市)
彼女のくちづけ 感染するリビドー ~2度目のキス~ (そそう支部)
ややひよ-thawing- (AL=A.gif)
喋喋喃喃:2nd (JUNK LAB)
ハルとミサキ (漂流屋敷)
なみだめの金魚 (ヨーグルツ)
マルメロアフター (PiLOT+)
運命の行方 (BQ)
ランプが消えたらまた明日 (マーマレードスカイ)

I suspect I didn't actually buy the last item for yuri-related reasons, but I can't really remember since I placed the order in May (delay was my fault, not ZIN's) and it has two girls on the cover so it must be yuri right?
>>
File: RanAo.png (480 KB, 989x738) Image search: [Google]
RanAo.png
480 KB, 989x738
I have a couple of buyfag friends in Japan and I've been buying Aikatsu doujinshi through them for almost a year now. They don't ask for any fees when I buy BDs and stuff from Amazon, etc., but I pay around 10,000 yen if I want them to go to events like Comiket.

Aikatsu yuri doujinshi rarely gets scanned, so I took it upon myself to buy and translate them. Right now me and a buyfag friend are preparing for an Aikatsu-only event this Sunday (Oct. 11) and this will be the third time I'm investing a ton of money for a stash of fanfiction.
>>
Once Eventually I Will Be Yours vol 1 comes out on the 24th, I will try to get it and Mermaid Lovers vol 1 both from Amazon.jp

Anything else new/notable worth a look?
>>
>>1886236
Excellent, keep up the good work.
>>
>>1886246
See >>1882704 and >>1882706 and >>1883367
>>
>>1886153
> it has two girls on the cover so it must be yuri right?

lol good one
>>
>>1886153
> 彼女のくちづけ 感染するリビドー ~2度目のキス~ (そそう支部)

It's worth noting that all five books of this are available on amazon.co.jp as well. Also, speaking of doujinshi on amazon, luciole's 禁断でもいいかも?! has been collected into five volumes that are available on amazon.co.jp. It's basically a very stereotypical melodramatic and wacky early 2000s style shoujo romance replete with absurd high-society antics and whatnot, except that it's yuri. There's also an omake in the fifth printed volume (I don't think it's available elsewhere) that will make a lot of people here very happy.
>>
>>1886567
>It's worth noting that all five books of this are available on amazon.co.jp as well.
Oops, I actually intended to mention that, thanks. Unfortunately I didn't find out until after I'd already ordered the physical copy.

>stereotypical melodramatic and wacky early 2000s style shoujo romance replete with absurd high-society antics and whatnot, except that it's yuri.
Sounds entertaining, I'll check it out.
>>
File: i215737.jpg (71 KB, 246x350) Image search: [Google]
i215737.jpg
71 KB, 246x350
Newborn buyfag here, still learning the ropes and discovering what I like the most and which things are worth having hardcopy. And being incredibly frustrated by the lack of availability of some goods. I wouldn't have thought it'd be this hard to come by without resorting to Amazon marketplace, especially considering I haven't even touched doujinshi yet.

I went from nearly zero to over fifty yuri books in the course of a few months. I should get a grip on quantities and timing because I can see this go really wrong wallet-wise. Anyway, a few highlights among the ones I read so far are スターライト メロディ (moe overdose, pic related), 聖純少女パラダイム and サイダーと泣き虫.

>>1882874
>>1882916
That makes three of us. I even knew about the CDs before the preorder period but the info page just wasn't clear about it being preorder only. Heck, at this very moment it says 2015年10月5日発売 as if it's actually on sale. I was hoping someone else did manage to get a copy so we can at least listen to it...
Of course we can get the next releases (in fact CD2 can be preordered right now) but for me it would leave a bad taste to invest in the others if they aren't going to let us have the first.
Also, a bizarre observation: the purchase information for CD4 does explicitly mention 全国のCDショップにてお買い求めいただけます. If this one is explicitly sold at regular shops then I guess that also implies that you can't get the first three in any other way...?
>>
>>1887030
Personally, I've been cutting back on hardcopy a lot this year. Running out of storage space has sort of forced me to turn to digital for medium-enthusiasm purchases and I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would.

>スターライト メロディ
>聖純少女パラダイム
>サイダーと泣き虫.
Excellent. I relegated スターライト メロディ to digital (enjoyable as it was) but the other two received choice placement on my shelves.

I'll probably have a go at purchasing the second drama CD and just keep my eye out for a used copy of the first to pop up somewhere.
>>
File: 718Xml5f6PL.jpg (218 KB, 873x1239) Image search: [Google]
718Xml5f6PL.jpg
218 KB, 873x1239
The cover of Sakura Trick 6 is out.
>>
>>1887067
Girl Friend Beta strayed focused on too many characters, Sakura Trick focuses on too few.
Can't we just combine the two....
>>
>>1887067
Is yurihou.se is still alive? Or is anyone gonna scan and distribute the new volume? We, obviously, need the new book.
>>
>>1887065
I was kind of wondering about the author スターライト メロディ -- I can't find any of their previous works, but I find it hard to believe that it's a debut. Is it common for yuri authors / mangaka in general to "start over" under a pseudonym?

I'd be forever grateful for rips if you decide to get the Shirayuri CDs.
>>
>>1887069
yurihou.se is kill since a while ago aneki.
>>
>>1887089
Yeah. If no one will provide the next volume, I guess we'll buy it ourselves.
>>
>>1887080
>I find it hard to believe that it's a debut
Really? Why?

I don't think it's that common for artists to use a different pen name for yuri, not these days at least. I'm sure there are a couple examples of there, but I wouldn't say it's a thing. I do think it's odd that they have zero online presence, but that's not unprecedented. As far as i can tell, Fuki got their start in yuri by submitting to the annual YH contest and winning sapphire-tier.

I'll definitely rip it if I manage to get my hands on a copy.
>>
>>1887407
Because it felt like they'd done this kind of thing before, I guess. Well, I don't mind at all, it just means it's a great debut and I'm looking forward to their future work.
>>
>>1887030
Canno's サイダーと泣き虫 (Cider and Crybaby) is as excellent as A Kiss and A White Lily, I'm happy that someone else likes it. Morishima Akiko's 聖純少女パラダイム (Holy Girl Paradigm) is also great and if anyone loves yuri they should buy all her books since she is one of the best, although I think some of her older books are sadly out of print now.

I know it is too much to hope for, but maybe when CD 4 releases they will bundle them all together to sell as a wide release?

In other news I just received last month's purchase today. Highlights include Virgin's Empire 8, Kase-san 3, Kobayashi-san 3, and I took a chance on a YH anthology キマシ!which is a bunch of nicely drawn softcore oneshots from what I've glanced at so far. I also picked up Witch Meets Knight and it has metallic highlights on the cover which gives it a unique appearance compared to most other books.
>>
>>1887499
>Canno's サイダーと泣き虫 (Cider and Crybaby) is as excellent as A Kiss and A White Lily, I'm happy that someone else likes it.
The only thing I couldn't get into was the Occult Club, probably because I couldn't follow it very well. Might've been a language issue, my Japanese isn't that strong yet.
The kickoff story felt like an alternate version of Shirayuri vol. 1 for a few pages but it turned out quite different, in a really good way.
Cinderella was interesting and the 本編へ続く note almost led to my first physical doujinshi purchase (ミス・パラレルワールド on Toranoana)... if it weren't for the 注文不可.

>Morishima Akiko's 聖純少女パラダイム (Holy Girl Paradigm) is also great and if anyone loves yuri they should buy all her books since she is one of the best, although I think some of her older books are sadly out of print now.
Yeah I was looking to get Hanjuku Joshi in particular but only the second volume is still being sold new. Still in doubt whether to invoke the costly secondhand route like I did for Prism and a number of Yoshitomi Akihito works.

That reminds me, does anyone know what's with all the ¥1 offers on Amazon Marketplace? I just don't see how the seller would profit from this in any way even if the book is wrecked (and it's often stated to be in good condition). I avoided these because of the "if it's too good to be true then it probably is" rule, but I'm very curious what the motivation behind these offers is and what you'd get when ordering them.
>>
>>1887545
There are too many doujinshi that I'd get if it wasn't so convoluted. I received Chouchou Nannan today as well and now I realize I am incomplete without CCNN:2nd to complete it, but I really can't be bothered with the proxy hassle.

>Morishima Akiko
I have a feeling YH will be re-printing her books in the new smaller format since they have been slowly rolling out new editions of the older out of print works.

¥1
They still receive the payment for shipping, which is usually exorbitant and not actually what they pay to ship the item, so it offsets the fact that they're technically selling it for nothing. It is an easy way to get their used listing to be the first people see, so that's probably why they do it.
>>
>>1887589
If that's true, I hope Takahashi Itsumi's Love Flag Girls and Itoshi wo Tome get re-released. Those had good stories and pretty wonderful art.
>>
I was about to buy Tamen de gushi when suddenly

Items: ¥ 37.20
Shipping & Handling: ¥ 210.00
Order Total: ¥ 247.20

Seriously?
I will buy it anyway and probably Amazon will refund something like the japanese one after the delivery but... seriously?
>>
>>1887861
The shipping to UK ks usually like £20+
>>
>>1887861
The cheaper shipping option is 100 less.
>>
>>1887861
You're gonna want to order more than one item at a time.
>>
File: DSCN4380.jpg (406 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4380.jpg
406 KB, 1600x1200
My buyfag friend went and got most of the books I want from the event. [1/4]
>>
File: DSCN4381.jpg (394 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4381.jpg
394 KB, 1600x1200
[2/4]
>>
File: DSCN4382.jpg (397 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4382.jpg
397 KB, 1600x1200
[3/4]
>>
File: DSCN4383.jpg (375 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4383.jpg
375 KB, 1600x1200
Decent haul, but it sucks the Hinaki x Juri lewd book got sold out. [4/4]
>>
I preordered that overpriced statue of Mirei from Valkyrie Drive. Seeing her in action was just too much
>>
File: mpw_2.jpg (2 MB, 2846x2300) Image search: [Google]
mpw_2.jpg
2 MB, 2846x2300
>>1887545
>Cinderella was interesting and the 本編へ続く note almost led to my first physical doujinshi purchase (ミス・パラレルワールド on Toranoana)... if it weren't for the 注文不可
Cinderella was awesome and I really wish there was more, but if I'm not mistaken, the 本編へ続く just indicates that page is a prequel to the rest of the short. The version in MPW (ミス・パラレルワールド) didn't even have that page at all, it ended with 「―え?」. The only extra content you'd get from buying MPW are an author's note and a handful of pages that are basically just there to show that the stories in MPW all take place in the same universe (and most of those pages are illustrated by Nega rather than Canno). This set was cute though (the dark-haired character is from Kawauchi's piece, which follows Cinderella).
>>
>>1888431
>>1888435
You have no idea how jealous I am right now.
>>
>>1888542
It comes with a price though. I mean literally. Not to further brag, but if you wanna check my other stuff: http://lazylily.moe/doujinshi/
>>
>>1888510
Oh wow, you actually have it! Nice background information, thank you. Those last panels are surprisingly l-lewd.

>>1883724
I just finished this doujin shorts collection (within one day's commute, I think that's a personal record) and it was a great read. I didn't particularly like the cover and had some doubts based on that -- but of course, don't judge a book by it's cover. So... I was expecting something like genkigenki girls doing cute things with a good amount of yuri mixed in. But it was surprisingly subtle and affectionate, with some good humor here and there. The outside is much more flashy than the inside. It *is* insanely moe, but definitely done right in my opinion. I was praising スターライト メロディ earlier; I'd say the moe level is similar and かわいさ余って好きさ100倍 comes fairly close in quality. Contrary to the similar publication ハミングガール (equally moe; promising cover/couples; disappointing contents), I wouldn't have wanted to miss either of these.

...and by typing the above with an IME I happened to find out where the slightly weird title comes from: it's a word play on the proverb 可愛さ余って憎さ100倍. The more you know.

Still in doubt about めの's other series, ちぐはぐ少女のダイアログ. Hard to judge by the ebook preview. Not even sure if there's any actual yuri. So if anyone happens to (have) read this I'd appreciate your opinion.
>>
>>1888820
>Oh wow, you actually have it! Nice background information, thank you.
No problem, didn't want you to go out of your way and spend a bunch of money just to be disappointed. Pretty cute eh? I'm sad they left that bit out of the tank release.
>>
File: 52659793_p2.jpg (266 KB, 650x924) Image search: [Google]
52659793_p2.jpg
266 KB, 650x924
>>1888820
>ちぐはぐ少女のダイアログ

I thought it was pretty good. As far as yuri content, you shouldn't expect anything past hand holding and blushing. If you don't mind moe 4-koma and liked かわいさ余って好きさ100倍!!, I would recommend it.

You can read several chapters on the author's pixiv account.
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=933830
>>
>>1887774
>Itoshi wo Tome
I'm trying to free up shelf space and this is on my cull list. If you live in North America (I do, and I'm assuming shipping elsewhere would not be worth it) then I'd be happy to send you my copy.
>>
File: edition.png (413 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
edition.png
413 KB, 576x1024
Those of you who bought tanks close to when they went out of print, what editions did you get?

I know YrYr, Citrus and Yuri Danshi all got lots of reprints (I'm assuming Inugami did as well, though I don't remember reading about it) but I'm more curious about other things, like Morishima Akiko titles. I checked a bunch of my own, but they're almost all 初版発行 with a handful of 第2刷発行 and I want to know if the numbers ever went higher.
>>
>>1889001
I don't live in North America, but I do have a PO Box in Portland I think. How much would shipping to Portland cost?
>>
>>1889839
I usually just use flat rate, so ~$6 USD. Drop me an email and we can figure out further details.
>>
>>1889861
Wait, is the email field sanitized now? Or did I just fuck up? It's a gmail address, local part: jhshrb
>>
>>1887589
>now I realize I am incomplete without CCNN:2nd to complete it
Well, in CCNN:2nd-2, Takemiya says 「喋喃同人誌はゆる~く続けていこうかと思います。単行本一冊分ぐらいたまるといいな… 」 which, given YH's recent trend toward doujinshi collections, could imply she's hoping YH will republish CCNN:2nd as a tank if she makes enough of it (a bit of a leap, but hey). So you could hold out hope for that. You might have to wait a while though.

Upsettingly she also wonders if she'll retain enough popularity to still be writing for YH by the time it goes monthly (allegedly sometime in 2016), but I remember she was similarly uncertain about whether v3 of 想いの欠片 would get printed, and her table lineup at events has only been getting longer over time... so I can only assume her popularity is actually increasing and she's just a bit of a worrywart.
>>
File: igd.jpg (280 KB, 807x1141) Image search: [Google]
igd.jpg
280 KB, 807x1141
First purchase in a while since I have a big backlog to get through but I really liked the one-shot. Unfortunately this looks like a series of other previously published one-shots instead of a continuation.
>>
>>1892119
I assumed this was the case and ordered it anyway, expecting it in the next two weeks. The oneshot is gorgeous enough to justify having it in print, and I'm interested in what other (similar?) works the mangaka authored.

The same order also includes ひとりぼっちの○○生活, just couldn't resist the though of having it on my shelf after taking a look at it again.

>>1883556
>>1883675
>I wonder, why do people never recommend cdjapan?
I was wondering this too. The reasons for choosing it over Amazon are the same as Honto vs Amazon. But compared to Honto, CDJapan:
- Lets you choose between unregistered and registered SAL (Yes, SAL can be registered for ¥410, Honto just never does so. The opposite also happens: Tenso, for instance, only offers registered SAL.)
- Allows you to revise orders as long as they haven't shipped yet (e.g. add an item or merge orders together)
- Determines shipping cost before you finalize an order, so you know exactly how much you're going to pay
- Accepts PayPal payments
- Doesn't invalidate reward points as quickly (one year)
- Has English support if you need it

The only advantages of Honto that I can think of are a larger book catalog (although it also happens that CDJapan can deliver something that Honto can't) and the promotions (>>1882598). If Honto charges structurally less for SAL than CDJapan then I sure haven't noticed and would be interested to know more about this.

I use both Honto and CDJapan and both are great options. Any list mentioning Honto ought to mention CDJapan as well in my opinion.
>>
>>1889885
I hope she makes it into a full book, I really don't like missing out on the good stuff. Also I can't imagine how YH will go monthly without relying on all our favorite established yuri authors. They'll need all the authors they could get, wouldn't they? I'm praying we see a resurgence of old yuri talent we haven't seen in a long time like Amagakure Gido, Fujio, Aki Eda, Kurata Uso, and a bunch of others who I miss seeing more of.

Also does anyone know if Seesaw Game is cute and fluffy era Takemiya Jin or if the cover is a feint like KiLa KiLa? I never know with her.

>>1892119
How are the rest of the oneshots? I liked the one we saw translated but I'm not sure I'd buy if it was the peak of the volume with its simple subtext.
>>
>>1894021
Well it looks like divulge is working on CCNN:2nd, so you'll at least get to read it in the meantime.

I really don't know what they're going to do, I don't think there's been a definite announcement about it yet so maybe it won't even end up happening.
Fujio moved away from YH to Hirari, and as far as I've seen (could be forgetting something) authors don't usually come back to YH after they leave for another publisher... but Fujio's kind of wacky so who knows what could happen. Kurata's kind of back already, but I haven't been reading 百合女子 so I don't know how much it "counts". I agree that it'd be awesome to see more yuri from Amagakure, and I certainly wouldn't mind some kind of Aki Eda serial.

I'd personally just love for some of the josei flavour to return to YH, whether it happens by bringing in old authors or new ones. I don't know if that would even be a good business decision for them, but I miss that a lot.

>Also does anyone know if Seesaw Game is cute and fluffy era Takemiya Jin or if the cover is a feint like KiLa KiLa? I never know with her.
I'd consider it fluff. Three chapters are 100% fluff, one could be considered bittersweet. I haven't read the 描き下ろし chapter, but based on what it's a continuation of I'd hazard a guess at fluff.

>>1892165
I just don't mention them because I haven't used them in a decade. So my firsthand experience is rather outdated.
>>
Good to know for those of us who appreciate some help with kanji reading: despite being seinen magazines, tanks of Comic Meteor and Comic Alive serialized manga have full furigana. Comic Meteor yuri manga includes 篠崎さん気をオタしかに!, 深海魚のアンコさん, 天使のどろっぷ and 部長に威厳はありません. Comic Alive yuri manga includes ささめきこと and あの娘にキスと白百合を.
>>
File: resize_image.jpg (76 KB, 418x600) Image search: [Google]
resize_image.jpg
76 KB, 418x600
The artist list for the Melon Books' extra for やがて君になる is pretty impressive.

仲谷鳰
伊藤ハチ
缶乃
こずみっく
柊ゆたか
平尾アウリ
ヒロイチ
南方純
深山おから

https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/detail.php?product_id=141401
>>
>>1897608
Damn, that is impressive. No wonder it's sold out.
>>
>>1897608
I wish I knew how long the doujinshi was, I'd be tempted to purchase it.
>>
>>1897615
Wish I knew about it sooner. A 20P extra would have been very nice. Think it'll get scanned?
>>
>>1897608
Why do they get my favorite artists like Itou Hachi and Canno and then make it a limited run for a single non-export store. I'm crying here.
>>
>>1897619
Me too. I'm not wild enough about the manga itself to have looked into tokuten, but I would have gone out of my way to get something like this. I think whether it gets scanned probably depends on whether a foreigner managed to pick one up. If not, maybe it'll show up on surugaya at some point.

>>1897622
Personally I find tokuten hunting kind of fun, it can add some spice to book shopping. But it is a shame when you miss out on a good one.
>>
Has anyone tried buying digital raw yuri from Bookwalkers Japan? There was a post about it on Okazu recently: http://okazu.yuricon.com/2015/10/19/a-walkthrough-of-global-bookwalker/

I'm wondering about what formats they use. It looks like you have to download their app to read on Android / iPhones, but that it's also possible to download ePub versions? Is there a format that is convertible to images (for scanlation purposes)?
>>
>>1897836
>2015
>people still read Erica's blog
Woah.

If the manga has DRM you either need to decrypt it or stop the process in charge of blocking screenshots so you can at leas screenshot the shit.

Digital manga are shit for translating because Japs are the Eastern Jews.
>>
>>1897836
So that's all of Kadokawa's stuff? What kind of series are covered by this?
>>
>>1897863
>Digital manga are shit for translating because Japs are the Eastern Jews.
What are you talking about, digital raws are fine as long as the resolution is high enough. Which it seems to be on newer releases.
>>
>>1897836
I wasn't too impressed with the interface so I haven't bought anything yet. Plus, at the time, the catalogue wasn't very big.
>>1897863
Not gonna lie, anon, I use it to find the names of manga I can't remember and to see if any new releases have passed me.
>>
>>1897871
Filter by the yuri genre: http://bookwalker.jp/search/?qtag=14
>>
File: CQoXjgzVAAAqd5a.png (342 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
CQoXjgzVAAAqd5a.png
342 KB, 600x405
How can Yuri Hime publish shit like this? Have you ever seen a yuri manga with all those kanji for "man" on the cover?
At least it gave me everything I needed to know. Two danso and a boy. I won't buy it. YH's future is darker and darker.
>>
>>1897973
From what I gather it's entirely female but it has girls playing a male role? Unless I have entirely misunderstood it and there is a male (which wouldn't surprise me). Though, if I remember right, the girl on the cover and the other "male" (?) are seen wearing sarashi in one chapter in YH. I'll need to double check it.

I may pick it up at some point but after buying some other stuff.
>>
File: CQoXm1UUcAAlLD2.png (407 KB, 599x433) Image search: [Google]
CQoXm1UUcAAlLD2.png
407 KB, 599x433
>>1897973
What is this?!
>>
>>1897973
Uhh... ever heard of GirlxGirlxBoy?

Also give the fucking "boo hoo YH is giving down the drain" a rest. I'll bet you a hundred bucks everyone who reads any given manga magazine doesn't like 100% of what's published in it. YH is expanding the types of stories they publish in hopes of staying relevant. Like it or don't like it, your opinion isn't going to make a difference.
>>
>>1897988
Also, the "girl" with the pigtails is the trap. One way arrow going to the girl with the red tie, meaning unrequited love.

Guessing he's like the trap in Sasameki Koto, if he had a bigger role.
>>
>>1897992
Yes, you're right. The problem is when it's not just one or two series that are shit in a magazine that should have yuri as the main element.
All these series with guys, with hetshit, with no yuri in it, I could simply ignore them if it was a normal magazine, but YH should be about yuri but currently in the whole magazine the only series with a canon couple are... only Citrus and InuNeko? (for what I read)
Do you want this from a magazine about yuri? Don't you want to see actual yuri couple doing yuri things?
>>
>>1897992
Funny Ichijinsha's editors don't have that dilemma with Gateau which is a monthly BL magazine lauched in november 2013. Fuck, they even have a Yuri danshi-kun, spin-off to the Yuri Danshi, where all men are gay.
>>
>>1897997
If you think that having a canon couple doing yuri things is what makes a yuri manga you're going at it the wrong way unless all you want to read is oneshots. You mention Citrus but it's taken nearly two years for Mei and Yuzu to legit become a couple. And translations for InuNeko are behind, and Inugami and Nekoyama aren't an official couple who are dating either. Most yuri manga - scratch that - most manga period with romance of any kind don't generally consummate the relationship until the end of the story, sometimes not even then. Sorry
>>
>>1898002
The canon couples in InuNeko are DragonTiger and HorseBoar.
Citrus made it clear since the first chapter that it was a love story between Yuzu and Mei and now they're together. Other series don't have any hint of romance, see Ayame 14 and Yuri Danshi.
>>
>>1897992
>Give the fucking "boo hoo YH is giving down the drain" a rest.

I urge everyone not in fact to give this a rest, YH is categorically going down the drain and deserves to be taken to task for it.
>>
>>1897995
>trap
>in yuri hime
Just fucking shoot me.
>>
>>1897836
So, I registered an account on Bookwalkers Japan and "bought" their free yuri offering, just to see what it's like.

Turns out to read anything you buy you have to do it through their app, which means it's possible they could revoke your access to the books you bought at any time. Also, for PCs they only support Windows and Mac.

Damn it, why can't they just rely on formats like mobi or epub? Or just plain old zipped folders of image files? This sucks.
>>
>>1898028
I don't agree with your premise either, but how does crying about it on an anonymous English-speaking image board qualify as "taking them to task"?
>>
>>1898080
YH has been as good as dead for a while.
>>
>>1898183
I miss Tsubomi.
>>
>>1898163
Well this is the thread about spending real-world money on stuff, isn't it? Also just in general I feel like true stuff should be said, regardless of where. It's not like we're just saying their manga sucks, this was a conscious decision by them to move away from yuri.
>>
>>1897973
Cow tits, traps, and glorifying male roles? That can't be right, can it? And it already has a 5-star review on Amazon.

>>1898197
I wouldn't miss Tsubomi or Hirari so much if YH would get off their ass and hire authors from them that have already proven their worth. They're missing the chance to build a yuri monopoly by allowing other magazines to poach the talent first.

>>1898216
I'll keep supporting my favorite authors but I miss being able to blind buy a new series without fear that I'm supporting a monster.

As for actual buyfagging, has anyone bought the new special edition of Iono? I'm curious if the 2700yen price tag is just for the CD or if it also has a special binding compared to the 1000yen version.
>>
>>1897992
>YH is expanding the types of stories they publish in hopes of staying relevant

Except they HAD expanded stories in the past, and cancelled all of them, even when the authors wanted to continue. Yuri Hime was notorious for this.

And except their new stories not expanding much either. Adding a crossdressing guy that wants the yuri girls does not expand anything.

Yuri Hime is going down the drain, a sentiment not uncommon among japanese fans.
>>
>>1897992
>YH is expanding the types of stories they publish in hopes of staying relevant
I'd tend to agree with this.

>>1898216
I don't think it's true that they've moved away from yuri, there's still plenty of yuri material in YH. It may not be the kind of yuri I like, but that doesn't mean its not yuri.

>>1898244
>Yuri Hime was notorious for this
You're blowing one period of their history out of proportion.

>Adding a crossdressing guy that wants the yuri girls does not expand anything.
He doesn't though. He's heartbroken when he finds out they're female. Not that I liked the story much, but that's because it was dumb, not because it had a trap.

They also Tachibana-kan, Shoujo Shikkaku, Momoiro Trance, Last Waltz and NTR. I don't really like any of them except maybe Last Waltz (maybe) but they do represent a diversification in the type of content represented.
>>
>>1898249
>You're blowing one period of their history out of proportion.

Not me, the japanese do. But I'm sure you know better than them, butthurt whiteknights always know best.
>>
>>1898251
No need to be so antagonistic. I'd probably agree that they don't seem to be able to cultivate healthy relationships with their authors, but I wouldn't say they that cancelling series is something they're known for doing on a regular basis.
>>
Anyway here's the stuff I've got orders out there for now. There was a bunch of other stuff that turned out to be out of stock so hopefully some of this actually arrives.

Tan Jiu - SQ Begin w/ Your Name (aka Their Story) [does anyone know what the SQ stands for...?]
Kurata Uso - Soredemo Yappari Koi wo Suru
Imura Ei - Innocent Noise
Akuta Fumie - I Got a Little Sister
Hayashiya Shizuru - Hayate X Blade 2, vol 3
Nishi Uko - Tonari no Robot
Katakura Ako - Ashita no Kimi e Hanataba (aka Un Bouquet de Fleurs pour Vous)
Miman - Shoujo Squared
Miman - Kimiiro Shoujo
Shin Yui - Girls' Syndrome
Shin Yui - Water's Blue, Sky's Blue
Muno - Kawaisa Amatte Sukisa 100bai
Fukasaku Emi - Today's Noruma-san, vol 1 [not yuri as far as I know]
Hiruno Tsukiko - Silver Gymnasium, vols 1 and 2

I really have no idea what I'm getting with the last one, I just bought it based off the Amazon previews. It's a YH release but much (most? all?) of it never appeared in the actual magazine.
>>
>>1898249
>Momoiro Trance
This looks like the lewd version of Yuru Yuri
>>
>>1898259
>I really have no idea what I'm getting with the last one, I just bought it based off the Amazon previews. It's a YH release but much (most? all?) of it never appeared in the actual magazine.
It's a doujinshi collection, one chapter was republished in YH to promote the tank but that's all. It's not bad, a little old-school in a way I didn't love, but I don't regret buying it either. There's at least one more epilogue chapter that the author added later and therefore doesn't appear in the tanks. I honestly can't recall how significant it is and I can't check at the moment.

Other than that, nice list!
>>
>>1898259
>Akuta Fumie - I Got a Little Sister

haha, I can't even remember my own bullshit title
>>
File: ラストワルツ.jpg (186 KB, 1200x939) Image search: [Google]
ラストワルツ.jpg
186 KB, 1200x939
>>1897973
>>1897988
>>1897995

Actual spoilers follow (from the Nov issue):

The trap is gay. As in likes dicks, and starts screaming and crying upon finding out that he's the only one of the three who has one.

Meanwhile the two cross-dressing girls get all hot and bothered about each other while they're changing clothes.

So you might not like the trappings, and that's fine, but it's yuri alright.

>>1897997
> the only series with a canon couple are... only Citrus and InuNeko?

Serials with yuri fuckbuddies/canon couples: Citrus, 犬神さんと猫山さん, 月が綺麗ですね, 12分のエチュード, ラストワルツ, 捏造トラップ, かなえて!ゆりようせい

Incidentally, ラストワルツ (pic related) is awesome. The protagonist is a meek schoolgirl by day and a badass lesbian by night; her hobbies include regularly beating up would-be rapists and other assorted assholes, and banging her smoking hot female teacher at a love hotel and getting idols to discover their sexuality.

>>1898216
> this was a conscious decision by them to move away from yuri.

I don't know where the hell this meme started but clearly nobody spreading it actually reads YH. There have never been so many concurrently running yuri serializations in YH. The latest issue has seventeen ongoing serialized manga, sixteen if you remove Yuri Danshi. Out of those: seven have currently canon yuri couples, six are clearly heading that way, and the rest are mostly gag comedies etc where I'm not sure if they'll ever move to actual romance.

And that's not even counting all the one-shots in each issue.

In conclusion, you're all full of shit and you should feel bad about being so full of shit.
>>
>>1898277
Last Waltz is fun (it's like Murcielago lite), but I want it to start tying some threads together soon. Which it seems it might do.

>I don't know where the hell this meme started but clearly nobody spreading it actually reads YH.
Thank you. Thank you for saying this.
>>
>>1898281
I'm just wondering when the first volume is coming out so I can buy it. I'd guess that by the next YH issue there should be enough material for one tank but I don't see any mention of it on YH's site or on amazon.
>>
Yuri Hime announced its intention beforehand to transition from yuri as a genre focus to yuri as a sidebar/inducement. Then it unveiled a slate of new serializations doing exactly this. It's not like, subtle or confusing what they're doing. They're moving away from the strict yuri genre toward more general content in order to appeal to a wider readership.

>>1898277
I don't know what the word "meme" means to you, but much of Yuri Hime's old readership has stopped buying the magazine. This isn't, like, a fake internet thing. It's an actual thing. And I'm translating The Last Waltz, you don't have to try to impress me with how many lesbians are in it.
>>
>>1898303
>They're moving away from the strict yuri genre toward more general content in order to appeal to a wider readership.

They're moving from strict adherence to classic yuri tropes toward more diverse genres with yuri content. This is not the same thing as "moving away from yuri."

>but much of Yuri Hime's old readership has stopped buying the magazine. This isn't, like, a fake internet thing. It's an actual thing.

First off, I don't give a rat's ass about "Yuri Hime's old readership" and I never said I did. What I said and went to demonstrate is that YH "moving away from yuri" is bullshit.

Secondly, [citation needed]
>>
The first volume of 制服のヴァンピレスロード was actually quite nice from a yuri perspective. I wouldn't have thought that based on the description.
>>
>>1898277
>girls drawn as boys
>yuri alright
Fucking danso.

>捏造トラップ
Onee-sama, please.
>>
>>1898431
>>girls drawn as boys

Oh yes look at all that manly body definition, those abs and hairy chests, straight out of bear force one.
>>
>>1898443
Such femininity, much beauty, wow.
>>1897988
>>
>>1898429
Care to elaborate? Vampires might be overdone in most of pop culture but I could use some more in my yuri.

Speaking of vampires, is Takekawa Shin's Michiwarikusa Monogatari published yet? Ever since PayaPaya picked it up then dropped off the face of the earth I have been hoping to buy but I don't see it anywhere.
>>
>>1898449
Shit opinion and shit posts.
>>
>>1898429
I was also surprised, since the sample chapter didn't have too much in the way of yuri. I wasn't going to bother with the tank until I read a blog post by the author about it. It was fun, though I can't say I like his new way of drawing hair.

>>1898443
>bear force one.
Whoa, never thought I'd see someone talking about bear force one on /u/.

>>1898453
I'm not sure how to describe it other than "slice-of-life plus vampire problems". High school characters except for the main character's maker. A bizarre mix of existing and original lore. Minor spoilers (I think?) but MC is apparently a lesbian because she only desires the blood of females. Possibility of harem situation developing, but v1 was mostly just MC and her best friend with a splash of class president. Lots of gay flirting. Brought to you by the author of Prunus Girl.
>>
>>1898296
It'll probably be announced in the next YH then, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
>>
>>1898303
Paraphrasing the rebirth mission statement (I assume that's what you're quoting) as "moving away from yuri" is misleading. They didn't even explicitly say they want to move toward strictly implied yuri, but that they think it would be in everyone's best interest to train our imaginations to fill in the gaps when yuri is not explicitly presented to us. They said Yuri Hime had been reborn as a magazine that would have those gaps in addition to explicit yuri content. Besides, that mission statement was from 2010 and I think they've done a pretty good job delivering yuri for yuri's sake for most of the intervening years between then and now.

>much of Yuri Hime's old readership has stopped buying the magazine
I'm also interested in a citation for this. I've heard others make this claim, but I'm not sure where it originates. It wouldn't surprise me if it were true (though I certainly haven't stopped buying it), but proof is nice.
>>
Apparently Yuri Danshi is now called "I Don't Need Waifus" or something.
>>
>>1898563
I meant their "yuri + x to x + yuri" statement from earlier this year, which to me was pretty unambiguous. If you're no longer considering yuri as the core of your stories, inevitably you're moving away from it.

>>1898264
Thanks for the information. I was hoping it would be old-school in a way I did love, but we'll see.

>>1898312
>They're moving from strict adherence to classic yuri tropes toward more diverse genres with yuri content.

Writing within the actual yuri genre doesn't mean you have to adhere to all its old tropes, and diversifying doesn't mean you have to go outside the genre. Yuri Hime authors had been innovating within the genre for a decade before the editors decided they weren't cool with that anymore. Stories with yuri content are fine. What YH seems to have abandoned are stories that are fundamentally about love between women and not something else.

>>1898566
Yeah. "Ore no Yome Nante Inee." The first volume just came out last week.
>>
>>1898598
>Thanks for the information. I was hoping it would be old-school in a way I did love, but we'll see.
You might, I think it actually works way better when read all at once than it did as a series of installments. The epilogue doujinshi is apparently still in stock at ZIN so you can grab it if you end up liking the series:
http://shop.comiczin.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=22762
>>
>>1898598
>What YH seems to have abandoned are stories that are fundamentally about love between women and not something else.
As a reader, I'm okay with that. Focusing just on the romantic aspect gets boring after a while. I'd much rather see larger stories (action, scifi, fantasy, etc) that have lesbian main characters instead of stories just about lesbians getting together.

I can understand if people who prefer the romance genre dislike that change, but for me it's a good one.
>>
>>1898259
I'm guessing the SQ refers to their names, i.e. S for Sun Jing and Q for Qiu Tong.
>>
>>1898598
>If you're no longer considering yuri as the core of your stories, inevitably you're moving away from it.
I guess if that's how you define a yuri story.

>>1898642
I'd prefer it if the execution were better.
>>
>>1898677
>I'd prefer it if the execution were better.
Yeah, I agree. The idea itself is fine, we just need authors to take up the challenge.
>>
>>1898642
>that have lesbian main characters
That is the part the seem to strugle with though.
>>
>>1898642
> I'd much rather see larger stories (action, scifi, fantasy, etc) that have lesbian main character

That's what I want, and what Yuri Hime is failing at.

So I end up buying yuri manga that's outside of yuri Hime, like Murcielago or Gamma.

You don't think this is a bit of a problem?
>>
File: 1.jpg (157 KB, 342x950) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
157 KB, 342x950
I always search for new yuri manga to buy and I wonder, should we buy all those 4koma with some yuri stripes once in a while?

Just found this. Seishun sweet track, out the 27th of November.
>>
File: 2.jpg (134 KB, 302x909) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
134 KB, 302x909
>>1898801
>>
File: 3.jpg (102 KB, 538x399) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
102 KB, 538x399
>>1898802
How is the magazine CUNE anyway? Same level of MTK?
>>
>>1898804
>CUNE
>Fujieda Miyabi, Kuzushiro, Hisanari Minamoto, Namori
Any yuri from those contributors?
>>
>>1898804
Yeah, it's pretty much the same but doesn't have sakura trick or swap swap tier levels. Tonari no kyuuketsuki-san and Kirarinryou had the highest level of yuri for me, but I only read first 3 or so chapters/issues when Cune just started at Alive
>>
>>1898804
You can read the first chapter for a lot of the CUNE series here:
http://comic-walker.com/magazine/detail/MF06/
>>
File: 1445787819106.jpg (240 KB, 1190x884) Image search: [Google]
1445787819106.jpg
240 KB, 1190x884
>>1898429
>>
File: 1445787963752.jpg (235 KB, 1201x903) Image search: [Google]
1445787963752.jpg
235 KB, 1201x903
>>1898968
>>
File: news_xlarge_mebae01.jpg (137 KB, 610x867) Image search: [Google]
news_xlarge_mebae01.jpg
137 KB, 610x867
>>1898919
Thank you for the link. There are some of them that may be interesting but they don't look like they'll go anywhere.

About Mebae, I read only the raws of the first volume so I don't really know, there are series published on it or they're just one shots? In the first volume every story had "end" written on the last page but I see Yuri-ism translated a second chapter of Persona Karen so they are all series? I ask it because in that case I'd prefer buy the tanks of the series I like instead of buying the whole Mebae.
>>
>>1899083
About half of the entries in vol 4 are serializations.
>>
>>1898970
Well, literally anything would be better than Betsukiss. Not that it didn't start off with potential, but when Tsubomu started going half web-only the story got discombobulated.
>>
>>1899145
Betsukiss had better art though.
>>
>>1899145
>>1899150
I liked Betsukiss, did it ever finish or did the tsubomi axe cut it short?
>>
>>1899183
It has 2 volumes and judging by reviews actual end albeit pretty rushed. Maybe yuri project will translate it some day.
>>
It's fully translated
http://safe.yuriproject.net/res/6733.html
http://safe.yuriproject.net/res/16584.html
>>
not sure if that belongs here, but apparently, Renai Manga is going to be released in Germany:
>http://www.tokyopop.de/manga-shop/index.php?cPath=1_1051
>>
It's the 26th now

Has anyone ordered Eventually I Will Be You(urs)? Does anyone know if there is any bonus that comes with the volume?
>>
>>1899782
The melon books extras >>1897608 are sold out already
>>
>>1899783
Ah, well, I was planning to get it from Amazon.jp anyway
>>
>>1899767
Why is english the worst fucking manga market.
>>
>>1898651
This is correct, since the S wraps around Sun Jing and the Q wraps around Qiu Tong.

One thing about the SQ tank that might not be apparent if you're not paying attention (I wasn't) - it's massive, like it's the size of a coffeetable book. The listed dimensions are 30cm x 22cm. Mine also came with a big poster and a postcard. Basically I'd say it's worth whatever price you have to pay, even if you can't read any of it (I can't).

Not that much to do with yuri, but the 13th volume of Yotsubato is coming out in exactly a month.
>>
>>1899964
I received my copy today and I'm very happy with the book - its very well put together and the layout works nicely. Even though i cant read any of it its just really cool to have. And the poster and postcard were a pleasant surprise!

New Yotsubato volume...how long has it been? It's the only series were I've bought the first volume and subsequently bought the rest in a single order. Hearing the next volume is coming out is great news even if it isn't Yuri.
>>
File: SQ.jpg (653 KB, 1124x1523) Image search: [Google]
SQ.jpg
653 KB, 1124x1523
>>1899964
I was also surprised by the size when I received mine last week. What I paid (amazon.cn) seemed quite reasonable for an artbook and transpac shipping. Packaging could use a little work -- mine was shipped in an oversized box with insufficient packing material so it arrived with the corners kinda dinged up (can barely see it in the image). That didn't really surprise me though, given I've had similar experiences with other amazons.

Here's a picture of the tank and poster with a CD for scale.
>>
>>1900067
Probably stupid question, but how did you guys get ahold of these? I can't seem to find an import site that will ship overseas.
>>
>>1900244

https://www.amazon.cn/gp/product/B015INQPQQ/

Switch the site to english, sign up, and order with an international address. They ship everywhere.
>>
>>1900249

Is that the same for Amazon.jp
>>
>>1900250
All Amazon sites work the same way, but international shipping options vary.
>>
>>1900244
Amazon ships worldwide
>>
>>1900067
Some of the corners of my book were slightly damaged too but nothing major. And I think amazon jp is one of the better ones for shipping (at least for books) as they seal the books down on some cardboard at the bottom of the box to prevent movement. Usually a huge box but at least the book is sealed.
>>
>>1900295
I've had items escape from the shrinkwrap before, and once or twice the entire shrinkwrapped cardboard platform has come unglued and careened around. Plus their boxes are a tad flimsy, I've had one arrive with a softball-sized hole in it. I suspect 99% of the blame lies with the local courier for mishandling the packages, but other companies do a better job of warding against this with defensive packaging.
>>
File: IMG_4271.jpg (1 MB, 2464x2520) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4271.jpg
1 MB, 2464x2520
Hello /u/ here's my artbooks/fanbooks/etc
>>
>>1901074
>>Aria
>>Lain
>>Yami no wanderer something
>>Sakura trick
>>
Nice retro stuff anon. I could go for less ToLove and Clamp stuff, but nice overall.
>>
>>1901074
>Yamibou

Wow
>>
I've bought doujins from suruga-ya before. A doujin I'm looking for is out of stock, but it shows up on the site under "kaitori_detail" instead of "product/detail". What does that mean?
>>
>>1902668
The kaitori pages show how much money you can get by selling that particular item to them, so it's not an indicator of whether it's really in stock or not.
>>
>>1902691
Thanks
>>
File: CSnJI26UcAADVs7.png (167 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
CSnJI26UcAADVs7.png
167 KB, 600x700
やがて君になる (Eventually, I Will Become Yours) is getting another printing. Congrats on your buyfagging, buyfags.
>>
>>1903099
Figures, amazon.co.jp actually ran out of stock for a day or so when it was released.

> Eventually, I Will Become Yours

Doesn't it bug anyone else how this mistranslation of the title has stuck?
>>
>>1903099
Yuri does sell.
>>
>>1903117
If people reading doesn't know Japanese, how would they know it's mistranslated.
>>
>>1903099
>重版
Nice.
>>
>>1903099
Good, hopefully it'll be available for my November order.
>>
>>1903099
Expected nothing less from Nakatani. I couldn't find it in the Kinokuniya here last time I visited, hope it would be there next time.

>>1903117
The title does sound odd in English though.
>>
>>1903117
That title IS a little inappropriate to the actual content of the story. I'll try asking the scan group if they might consider releasing it under a different title (if I can figure out how).

I've received all the books from >>1898259 save for Water's Blue, Sky's Blue, so feel free to let me know if you have any specific questions about any of them.
>>
>>1903229
What would a more appropriate translation be?
>>
>>1903268
In The End I Will Become You?
>>
File: Bloom Into You cover.png (583 KB, 599x852) Image search: [Google]
Bloom Into You cover.png
583 KB, 599x852
>>1903268
The very literal translation is "Eventually, Become You" (note: "you" not "yours") where the subject (who/what is doing the becoming) is left out as is typical with Japanese, and the most obvious inferred subject would be the speaker, i.e. the protagonist. Hence a direct (but not 100% literal) translation could be "Eventually, I Will Become You".

The English subtitle on the tankoubon cover is "Bloom Into You" which I think would be an excellent title for English language releases.
>>
>>1903229
It might not have the inherent nuance Yagate Kimi ni Naru holds but it hardly seems inappropriate for this story. "Eventually, I Will Become You(rs)" has the same direction as "Bloom Into You" from the MC's point of view, she's growing into who she is herself, but also into what Nanami-senpai's presence changes in her and how they're connected. The translated title does a great job at presenting both.
>>
>>1903709
>but it hardly seems inappropriate for this story. "Eventually, I Will Become You(rs)"

The (rs) part is what I take issue with. "You" vs "Yours" completely changes the meaning. Like, they're not even anywhere close.
>>
>>1903757
And just to be extra clear, the original Japanese title absolutely can NOT be translated as "yours". It absolutely does NOT contain any hint of a possessive form for 君.
>>
>>1903229
Do you feel like translating Tonari no Robot now that CXC scans is dead?
>>
>>1903604
Not really. Considering what I get from the story so far, the title seems to indicate that eventually the MC would be like her sempai, meaning being able to experience love and such. A more fitting translation would be "Will be like you".

But "Bloom Into You" is indeed very nice and appropriate.
>>
>>1903789
CXC isn't dead, they just released a huge batch of Murcielago 20 days ago. They changed websites because their domain went down.

https://cxcblog.wordpress.com/
>>
>>1903837
Oh, sweet.
>>
I am still bitter that I did not buy that yuri collection of splatoon (百合イカひとまとめ) because it seems to be sold out in every (online) shop.
Anyway, I bought Kase-san 3 and does anyone know if this is the last volume? It could perfectly end in that scene but つづくよ is written in the author's note. So I am confused.
>>
Turns out I couldn't figure out how - I have no idea how to contact ihoshiku. She is aware of the mistranslation however (I think it's a one-person group?)

Beyond the "you -> yours" thing, the "eventually" in the title is a little off too. "Eventually" generally carries a sense of taking a bit longer than you'd like, whereas "yagate" usually carries a nuance of soon or sooner than you might wish. So while it could be translated as "eventually", I think it would more accurately be Soon Enough or Before Long I'll Turn Into You.

I agree that the author's English title, Bloom Into You, is pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing that employed.
>>
>>1903983
Sorry, I don't really understand the confusion given the つづくよ. Anyway, it is ongoing. A new chapter had been up for a month already on niconico/flash wings web, though the free period ended a few days ago.
>>
>>1898277
Editor for (Sexy) Akiba Detectives here. Figured this was the best thread to ask, but would people be interested in reading Last Waltz if we pick it up?

(And also how would we go about procuring the first chapter, whether that means purchasing Vol.XX of Yuri Hime or perhaps finding RAWs already out there?)
>>
>>1904115
Oh, I forgot to add that the group wanted to get opinions regarding the series first. Does /u/ think it's worth translating?

Also, and by that spoiler I mean which volume of Yuri Hime is the first chapter in?
>>
>>1904115
I'm already translating that, but would you like to collaborate? I don't have an editor for it.
>>
>>1904039
Ah, sorry, I was trying to say that there is an "it will be continued" in the author's note.

Thank you for the information. It is a pity that I missed the free period but at least I am glad it is still ongoing.
>>
>>1904149
Fuck, sorry again, NOW I understand the message correctly. Yeah, the confusion was due to the last chapter, I thought it was pretty much finished and with the whole shutting down of Hirari's magazine…
>>
>>1904115
>>1904119
In case you still need the information for some reason, Last Waltz has appeared in the following volumes of YH so far:
コミック百合姫 2015年03月号 Comic Yuri Hime 2015-03 1/17/2015 v47
コミック百合姫 2015年07月号 Comic Yuri Hime 2015-07 5/18/2015 v49
コミック百合姫 2015年09月号 Comic Yuri Hime 2015-09 7/18/2015 v50
コミック百合姫 2015年11月号 Comic Yuri Hime 2015-11 9/18/2015 v51
>>
>>1903099
Didn't know it was sold out so fast. I knew I should have pulled the trigger on the preorder

>>1903991
>Soon Enough

Doesn't sound as romantic or poetic though
>>
>>1904115
>How would we go about procuring the first chapter?

I didn't see this, but I have ED scans available for the first three chapters from Phyis. After that we might have to use the (presumed) tank release.

>>1904333
I was asked what the title meant so I said what the title meant. I already endorsed a different wording.
>>
>>1882359
Thanks for the guide on purchasing and converting Kindle manga. I have a question about color pages - what happens to them in the Kindle version? Are the images decolorized or will we still be able to access the color pages in the images subfolder after conversion?
>>
>>1904283
Thank you regardless! We might have to get the fourth chapter from v51 then...

>>1904127
I'm definitely up for collaborating. I don't have a lot of time on my hands at the moment, though, but editing/typesetting for a chapter should only take a week each, at the most. Is that alright?
>>
>>1904476
Depending on your timeline you could also get it from the Last Waltz tank on Dec 18th.

http://www.amazon.co.jp//dp/4758075077
>>
>>1904446
In my experience, pages that were colour in the tank remain colour in the Kindle version. Images that may have been colour in the magazine version but were decolourized for the tank get no special treatment -- they are also black and white in the Kindle version.

The only things that I've found missing from many kindle versions in the past is the under-dustjacket cover and the spine/back of the dustjacket. A few of my recent purchases have included those as well though.
>>
>>1904513
I'm always sad to see those decolourized pages in a tank, why can't they insert color pages like they do at the front of the book? It seems like such a waste.
>>
>>1904515
Unfortunately I believe that the problem is cost. I've seen cases where they've been kept colour, but I can't for the life of me think of an example at the moment. It makes me sad as well, since magazines are a bitch to import and store.
>>
>>1898469
What did the author say?
>>
>>1904482
And there it is. Thanks for the heads-up.

>>1904476
Of course. I'm always happy for anything to be edited at any speed, so releases at anything approaching that pace would be fantastic.

Since the tank version is coming out reasonably soon, we would have the option of waiting and working directly off that from the beginning, though I doubt there would be much benefit (if any). But it is an option.
>>
>>1904625
He confirmed it had yuri -- the first chapter alone was neither interesting nor gay enough to make me to want to throw money at the tank.

He said some other things, like that those who read Prunus Girl should know not to worry about him "mixing" yuri and ikemen, but even the author can't know for sure where their characters will take them or how their ideas will change over the course of a serialization, so I take those kind of assurances with a grain of salt.
>>
File: YKA_2.jpg (243 KB, 785x1117) Image search: [Google]
YKA_2.jpg
243 KB, 785x1117
Anyone is willing to help this anon >>1904631 ?
>>
>>1904702
Awesome. Where can I contact you then? Or you contact me. Or something.
>>
>>1906269
I sent my address to the Akiba Detectives tumblr. If that doesn't work, you can leave a comment on this page: http://yuriproject.net/hayate_x_blade_ch87. Simply fill in the e-mail field and indicate that you're looking to contact me.
>>
>>1897608
This is available for reservation again, for those still interested.
>>
>>1908305
Would that include the bonus book? I can't see that it would since its a secondary release.
>>
>>1908305
>>1908446
I'm curious about this too. It doesn't explicitly say that it does not, but there was always a "while supplies last" note. I doubt it would be included, but who knows.
>>
>>1908305

Will there be lewd bonus content
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.