[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why the Hibike! don't end like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: tumblr_nofr4mQSqX1sn4fobo1_500.png (103 KB, 500x582) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nofr4mQSqX1sn4fobo1_500.png
103 KB, 500x582
why the Hibike! don't end like this?
>>
File: 52051542_p0.jpg (1018 KB, 1920x1626) Image search: [Google]
52051542_p0.jpg
1018 KB, 1920x1626
This is a bad thread and we probably ought to just have a blanket moratorium on Hibike! until the OVA, but this picture was clearly too good not to post somewhere.
>>
File: ooooooh.gif (761 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ooooooh.gif
761 KB, 500x500
>>1846200
If love is a sin, can the devil drag me to the hell.
>>
>>1845159
You can try harder to English than that, op. Have some respect for the catalogue and the anons who browse it.
>>
>>1846208
Not her, but I will try it english is not my first language.

Why in the fuck The Hibike didn't end like this?
>>
>>1845159
You missed all the discussion about the show. I think everyone is just trying to forget it.

Also, you should expect everyone to call you Mugino.
>>
File: 51350496_p0.jpg (2 MB, 1556x2200) Image search: [Google]
51350496_p0.jpg
2 MB, 1556x2200
>>1846268
There's just nothing much to talk about. Show's over, no OVA for months, sequel status is unknown going on dubious, original is both already done and hopefully irrelevant. That just leaves fanworks, and you need to be Madoka-big to have an active thread solely from fanwork.

I'd like to see some kind of Edo AU featuring these two.
>>
File: 51980951_p0.jpg (2 MB, 1556x2200) Image search: [Google]
51980951_p0.jpg
2 MB, 1556x2200
>>1846274
>>
File: 51981244_p0.jpg (1 MB, 1555x2200) Image search: [Google]
51981244_p0.jpg
1 MB, 1555x2200
>>1846275
>>
>>1846268
Why would I try to forget it?

>>1846274
I want an AU where Kumiko and Reina solve crimes with the help of Kumiko's time rewinding powers.
>>
>>1846268
Forget? But even during the week between ep. 10 and 11 was great, remember, we don't hate pain.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 319x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 319x450
>>
>>1845159
Cause it is a shitty anime.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 319x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 319x450
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 319x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 319x450
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 319x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 319x450
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 319x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 319x450
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 319x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 319x450
>>
>>1846465
Hibikek was awesome though. A bit dicey in the middle but we won in the end, so no probs.
>>
>>1846534
More like nobody won.
>>
File: CI5JPCAUsAAtvom.png (355 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
CI5JPCAUsAAtvom.png
355 KB, 600x599
>>
>>1846571
We were certainly ahead at the end. If there's never a sequel, I'm claiming it as a win.
>>
>>1845159
>why the Hibike! don't end like this?

God hates poor grammar and this is our punishment.
>>
File: 1395698374359.png (476 KB, 680x668) Image search: [Google]
1395698374359.png
476 KB, 680x668
Looks like /a/ is still a little bit burned, some days ago I go there and was a Hibike thread running, people there was like

>It's shit
>Don't worth your time
>Kinda boring
>Meh
>Only if you're a lesbian

And all of them lies, Hibike is the only show that I'm rewatching right now because it's full small details waiting for be catched.

Take this /a/
>>
>>1846993
It's mostly because it's a Kyoani anime, so most of the board is obligated to shitpost about it (which is silly since being a fanboy or hater of an anime production studio is even sillier than being one for companies in other mediums).
>>
>>1846998
Considering how KyoAni has a clear house style and preference for a certain kind of material, I think it's perfectly reasonable to love or hate them as a studio.
>>
>>1847041
I guess, if you're the silly kind of person who gets mad at any media company that makes things outside of your own interests.
>>
>>1846534
Did we actually win? There's more content than what is in the anime and I was led to believe the main character ended up with the childhood friend, who on top of being a dude was also the most boring character in the anime.

I was too apathetic afterwards to look into it myself to confirm.
>>
>>1848089
The anime diverged, but at this point you might as well just wait a year or two to see if a new season/movie/whatever gets made.
>>
>>1848094
Ah, well, that makes me much happier then. Guess I will sit around for another year or two and hope they make another season. The show certainly was successful enough to warrant another from what I can tell but the lack of an announcement is worrying.
>>
>>1848119
KyoAni is in the habit of sequels, they'll continue it eventually.
>>
>>1848122
I think KyoAni bought the licence to the novels, right? Because I think they're pretty consistent on making sequels to adaptions they have rights to, it's the ones owned by other publishers like Haruhi and FMP that they haven't put out more for since they haven't gotten contracted again.
>>
>>1848119
The best bet is to wait until Kyoani holds their conference in the fall.
>>
File: 51410156_p0.jpg (914 KB, 1920x1357) Image search: [Google]
51410156_p0.jpg
914 KB, 1920x1357
>>1848089
It's pretty hard to credit that any kind of potential relationship could possibly survive that "Huh? Why?" - by way of contrast, in the original scene she wanted to accept his invitation and was just about to when Hazuki showed up.
>>
http://gpsvxz.tumblr.com/post/127183048804/boom-he-drama-cd-track-11-here-you-go-get-ready

drama cd track 11 contains kumiko and reina flirting
>>
>>1848238
> dat Reina's pun
> Reina thinks Kumiko talking to a plant is cute
> Reina goes to movies alone
> "You don't have friends to go with?"
> "Let's go together."
> "Reina, do you still want to be special?"

A bit surprised to hear them interacting like any other teenager friends would considering that they have a far more subdued relationship on screen. But then, Reina does get quite friendly with Kumiko later on in the novel.
>>
>>1848238
The voice acting when she asks Reina if they can go to the theater together is really, really flirty.
>>
>>1846274
why does every fan artist always mess this up? Reina is significantly shorter than Kumiko
>>
>>1848359
>>1848373
>Flirting

In an average anime/manga/LN both should be fucking in very savage fashions, but they aren't, why?

Once again, Hibike is too realist, Reina and Kumiko are very engage to each other, but both are girls and this prevent them to give that step beyond.
>>
>>1848380
Yeah, Reina's definitely the type to be concerned about being normal over acting on her feelings.

>>1848373
4cm shorter.
>>
>>1848382
Any idea then?
Yeah, Reina don't give a shit about what could think the mass, but fully embrace the gay is not a small thing.
>>
File: 1433123910401.jpg (1 MB, 600x5000) Image search: [Google]
1433123910401.jpg
1 MB, 600x5000
Someone put music on this strip...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlQBZEgeP-4
>>
>>1848373
Kumiko is the main character of the show and we basically see the show from her point of view. So her captivation with Reina is much more obvious to us the viewers than Reina's captivation with Kumiko is. This makes people assume that in their relationship, Reina would be the dominant one, since Kumiko seems a lot more "clingy" (bad word but you get the point) than Reina does.

And most people unfortunately tend to associate dominance with tallness. So since the two girls are of roughly the same height, people subconsciously assume Reina is the taller one of the two.
>>
>>1848641
I think the fundamental problem is people insisting in shoehorning the top/bottom dynamic into every pairing.

It's retarded. Most pairing aren't like that.
>>
File: 21.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
>>1848641
That's part of what makes it so cute, though. It's gap moe.
>>
>>1846993
Aside from yuri potential, I think it was just overall a good anime. There is something satisfying about watching people work really hard at something, developing talent, and achieving their goal.
>>
File: delighted.jpg (88 KB, 732x706) Image search: [Google]
delighted.jpg
88 KB, 732x706
>>1848238
>Translations never
>>
>>1848238
where can I find the complete drama cd?
>>
File: 50716538_p0.png (2 MB, 1756x1104) Image search: [Google]
50716538_p0.png
2 MB, 1756x1104
>>1848779
>>1848238

http://pastebin.com/L4Uyritp
>>

Reina [Narration]: One summer day on the way home.
Kumiko [Narration]: Days before the competition, I found myself running into a wall. There was Asuka-senpai who could easily play difficult phrases, and then there was me who couldn't. One summer day on the way home, I was feeling frustrated about how I couldn't play well.
Kumiko: Nng, hot. It's evening but still hot and humid.
Reina: It's summer, so that's inevitable.
Kumiko: I guess so ... No!! Caddisflies, caddisflies!
Reina: Kumiko, what're you doing all of a sudden?
Kumiko: Sorry, I absolutely can't deal with caddisflies. Just can't. Looks like a moth with long whiskers and thick hair. Buzzes around gratingly. To top it off, its larva looks disgusting, too. Ugh, I'm having chills just imagining it.
Reina: You shouldn't be bugged by bugs.
Kumiko: Heh.
Reina: Huh? I was giving you advice.
Kumiko: R-Right, I mean, there's no way you'd make terrible puns. Eck, caddisflies again!
Reina: You're making a fuss.
Kumiko: Hey, don't laugh!
Reina: But you're interesting!
Kumiko: I'm not interesting. I'm normal. The definition of ordinary. Your everyday female high school student without even a hint of interesting-ness.
Reina: Even though you talk to foliage plants in your room?
Kumiko: What?! How do you know about that?
Reina: Hitomi-san from the horns was talking about it when the profile surveys were handed out.
Kumiko: That time...?
Reina: Yeah, made me think that you really are interesting.
Kumiko: Is that something interesting? Isn't it weird?
Reina: You could say it's weird.
Kumiko: Don't.
Reina: I imagine you'd be cute talking to plants.
Kumiko: Cute...?
Reina: Yep.
Kumiko: How?
Reina: Can't say specifically,
Kumiko: So you can't.
Reina: But just something about it was cute. I'm praising you, you know?
Kumiko: Thank you very much.
Reina: You are always welcome.
Kumiko: Reina, how are you like at home?
Reina: Just normal, though I don't talk to plants.
Kumiko: Enough about that.
>>
>>1848883

Reina: Hm, I listen to music and go to movies alone on weekends.
Kumiko: Alone?
Reina: Mm-hm.
Kumiko: Alone. You don't have friends to go with?
Reina: Eh?
Kumiko: Huh, ah, sorry! I'm not saying you're a loner or anything like that! Ah, I mean, ah, nng, sorry.
Reina: Don't fret over it so much. I'm not angry.
Kumiko: Thanks ... Hey.
Reina: Yeah?
Kumiko: If you want to next time, let's go to the movies, together.
Reina: Can we?
Kumiko: Yep.
Reina: Okay. I'll be looking forward to it.
Kumiko: Me too! ... I can't say why, but you seem to be in a good mood today.
Reina: You think so?
Kumiko: Yep.
Reina: How?
Kumiko: Can't say specifically, but just something about it.
Reina: So you can't say something specifically about me either.
Kumiko: Sorry, sorry. Somehow, I'm feeling better, too.
Reina: That's good to hear. You were at your wit's end with practice these days.
Kumiko: Ah, mm, it's that difficult part. Asuka-senpai can play it no problem, but I can't. It's frustrating how I can't play well.
Reina: It's frustrating. Beyond frustrating.
Kumiko: I've begun to realize that recently.
Reina: Mm.
Kumiko: When Taki-sensei asked me if I'd be able to play it, I wouldn't have been able to answer it before.
Kumiko: But when I saw you, I felt that wouldn't cut it.
Kumiko: I want to get better.
Kumiko: Reina, do you still want to become special?
Reina: Of course. I want to become special.
Kumiko: So you do. I'm relieved to hear that.
Reina: Why are you relieved?
Kumiko: Just because ... Let's - race to the bridge!
Reina: Wait, Kumiko?! Don't just start running!
Kumiko: The loser buys ice cream!
Reina: What - I'm so going to win!
Kumiko: Eh?! You're fast!
Reina: Did you forget I'm quick on my feet?
Kumiko: Ah, you were quick!
Reina: Kumiko, caddisflies!
Kumiko: No!!
Reina: See you!
Kumiko: Ah, don't pass me by! Wait!
Reina: Kumiko, come on!
Kumiko: Reina, You're too fast!
>>
>>1848884
>>1848779

Kumiko [Narration]: Only days before the competition, thanks to Reina's words, I felt I could move forward. I want to play more, on the bright and warm competition stage. One summer day on the way home, I found myself thinking that.
Kumiko: Hey, Reina.
Reina: Yeah?
Kumiko: Let's win at the competition.
Reina: Okay.

Ah, oops, didn't see that someone already translated it. Oh well, have another.

Also, caddisfly larva looks terrifying.
>>
>>1848238
Loved it. I hope we can get the whole thing at some point.
>>
File: jamettekudasai.jpg (36 KB, 388x298) Image search: [Google]
jamettekudasai.jpg
36 KB, 388x298
Someone fulfilled my desire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5pNTrDAmgs
>>
>>1849196
Also the hhhhhng start at
>1:08
>>
File: NvFaBpc.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NvFaBpc.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Buuuuump
>>
File: 52241776_p0.jpg (2 MB, 1556x2200) Image search: [Google]
52241776_p0.jpg
2 MB, 1556x2200
I'm liking this artist more and more.
>>
>>1853348
The suit would look better on Kumiko with a low pony tail. Reina seems more for the dress.
>>
Anyone delve into fan fiction and have any recs? I had a random thought that Kumiko x Reina would be a nice source for some decent enough prose. Or maybe I just want more myself.
>>
File: centaurs life.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
centaurs life.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
>>1853348
I feel that Reina should be dressed up as the bride, what with her being smaller than Kumiko.
>>
>>1855803
Archive Of Our Own's Hibike section is decent and fairly small, so I recommend just diving in. I particularly like these two stories:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/4323327/chapters/9802788
Reina/Kumiko getting together. It's marked unfinished, but even if the writer never continues, it's a perfectly good ending.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4673270
That one's new. Asuka breaks Kaori's heart.
>>
>>1855821
Reina's the one who does most of the sweeping-off of feet, at least from the protagonist's point of view, and she's also the one most likely to actively want to defy convention.
>>
>>1855891
Then again, Reina's the more feminine one out of the two and she's so adorable when Kumiko does her share of sweeping, particularly in episode 11.
>>
File: we want u and y audience.jpg (332 KB, 710x642) Image search: [Google]
we want u and y audience.jpg
332 KB, 710x642
Ha
>>
>>1856550
Ribbon looks so cute there
>>
>>1856550
At least they are finally pandering the right couple.
>>
>>1856581
Yeah, fuck HaruRin.
>>
>>1855891

Reina is short
>>
Wait since these two are pretty important in the second novel, does this mean that KyoAni are gonna focus on the second years for promo art if they are doing an second season?
>>
>>1856590
Reina's easily the most popular character, I doubt they plan on throwing that away, especially since it's their own marketing focus and increased importance in the story that got her there.
>>
>>1856593
Yeah, but the problem is the second years and third years are just as important. There is a reason why they made those focus Episodes for Aoi, Yuuko, Haruka and Kaori and focused on their relationships a little. Reina may be popular and will certainly have her episodes which will focus on Taki unfortunately but since this is actually an ensemble cast, the second years will be more focused in the second season if it happens. Just like how the first years were more focused in the first season.
>>
>>1856603
If we were having the same conversation before the show had aired, you'd be saying that Reina would be irrelevant for most of the story and all of her scenes would have a clearly platonic context. Don't make factual statements about things you clearly have no way of knowing.
>>
>>1856581
Yeah, Kumiko/Reina drama needs to be toned down.
>>
>>1856603
You can stop with the d/a/m/a/ge control already.
>>
>>1856621
Yeah, did you notice Yuuko's Yoyo,in the background? Based KyoAni.
>>
>>1856654
Just noticed, how sweet.
>>
>>1856612
>If we were having the same conversation before the show had aired, you'd be saying that Reina would be irrelevant for most of the story and all of her scenes would have a clearly platonic context. Don't make factual statements about things you clearly have no way of knowing.
The focus of the first novel is Kumiko's character development, and that didn't change in the anime. They gave more focus to Reina, but that made sense because the novel had already established that Reina was to be Kumiko's best friend. The anime just when further building on that idea. Likewise, if they ever do a second season, the focus will be on the third years, like in the novel. But Reina doesn't have any note-worthy connection to the third years, so her focus will naturally decrease, no matter how popular she is.
>>
>>1856722
Don't make factual statements about things you clearly have no way of knowing, especially when expanding characters isn't just something KyoAni is known to do, but something they have to do to fill a full season with one of these novels. Reina's arc went from a minor sideshow to a significant juncture in the plot and character development, and so just as you're post-hoc justifying her increased presence now, you're equally likely to be here in a year's time, talking about how it was only natural that Reina had a major role since she provided Kumiko an analogue to Nozomi and Mizore's relationship, but that she's definitely not going to be important in the third season when Asuka takes center stage.

Also, I think you mean "second-years".
>>
>>1856739
>Reina's arc went from a minor sideshow to a significant juncture in the plot and character development
Sure, but they were still expanding something that was already in the novel. That won't be the case when the focus shift to Nozomi and Mizore, as Reina has no connection to them whatsoever.

Anyway, let's just agree to disagree and move on.
>>
>>1856741
Reina doesn't have social connections to the two, but she's still part of Kumiko's journey of understanding, as exhibited for instance when they talk about why she plays, and expanding Kumiko's worries about their friendship would make a certain amount of sense considering the final episode foreshadowing what Azusa is going through as well as the Nozomi/Mizore drama. It's silly to act like anything about the second season is set in stone one way or the other, especially given that if we accept "it played out that way in the book" as a solid argument by itself, there's little point talking about it on /u/ anyway outside of the occasional post in the general thread.
>>
>>1856741
Reina has no connection to them whatsoever.
She still has a very close connection to Kumiko, so giving them scenes together is the easiest thing in the world. Even if KyoAni's writers are less creative than >>1856739, they can just have them talk about Nozomi and Mizore.

>Anyway, let's just agree to disagree and move on.
Will you agree to not make the same stupid argument the next time there's a Hibike thread?
>>
>>1856824
They can just have them talk about Nozomi and Mizore.

On a bed, both of them naked, please
>>
>>1856865
>Kumiko:... Then this Mizore girl started a long rant about some Nozomi—
>Reina kisses Kumiko to shut her up.
>Reina: Kumiko, shut up and go back to kissing me.
>>
>>1846526
sauce?
>>
>>1856865
>>1856882

OK, my bad.

>After sex.
>>
File: hb59hyU.jpg (173 KB, 591x1280) Image search: [Google]
hb59hyU.jpg
173 KB, 591x1280
Better quality. (Natsuki likes that Ribbon)
>>
>>1856824
>She still has a very close connection to Kumiko, so giving them scenes together is the easiest thing in the world.
Wouldn't those scenes be dedicated to Reina's own little subplot about worrying that Taki got a girlfriend? I doubt they will remove that, since Reina getting the courage to ask Taki about it is important character development for her. Besides, that subplot also leads to Kumiko learning about Taki's past, and there is foreshadowing to his past in the last episode of the first season.
>>
>>1859276
>Wouldn't those scenes be dedicated to Reina's own little subplot
Some of them, probably, but certainly not all, /a/-kun.
>>
>>1859260
She certainty does.
>>
>>1848888
Thanks for the meal.
>>
File: 0001.jpg (3 MB, 2142x3019) Image search: [Google]
0001.jpg
3 MB, 2142x3019
>>1859260
/a/ posted some yuri doujins. Needs translation.
https://www.mediafire.com/?g8kolls65g3i86c
>>
File: 0001.jpg (3 MB, 2146x3026) Image search: [Google]
0001.jpg
3 MB, 2146x3026
>>1859734
https://www.mediafire.com/?df88eaxrvz54etk
>>
File: 1441702638616.jpg (71 KB, 517x728) Image search: [Google]
1441702638616.jpg
71 KB, 517x728
coming to C89
https://twitter.com/tama_II/status/641127314831507457
>>
>>1859260
NatsukiXRibbon = Guacamole
Reikumi = Nachos

You can have nachos all alone, but try to have guacamole all alone, and of course it's much better have them together.

Also, check the right hand of Ribbon there.
>>
File: 143508hgf34229.jpg (174 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
143508hgf34229.jpg
174 KB, 1280x720
I'll just leave this here
>>
>>1859821
Fuck you I eat guac with a spoon and I like it
>>
>>1861844
bless you
>>
>>1846284
...you want a Life Is Strange/Buddy Cop AU?
>>
>>1862113
Absolutely.

Really, Life is Strange and Hibike! Euphonium are really similar. Both tap into nostalgia for high school, depict artistic teenagers, focus on a close female friendship with romantic undertones and try to make their characters more realistic than is common in their medium.

In fact, the two bleed into each other in my head so much that sometimes I have trouble remembering Taki-sensei is not in fact the murderer, let alone that there isn't even a murderer in H!E.
>>
File: ayyyy.jpg (32 KB, 320x214) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.jpg
32 KB, 320x214
>>1861934
>Eating guacamole with a spoon
Not even with bread or a tortilla?
That's gross! It's like eat mayonnaise with your bare hand.
>>
>>1862158
Well. Home made guacamole. It's more lumpy. I'd eat humus with a spoon too tbh if it didn't repeat on me. Mayonnaise is all squidgy. Euch.
>>
File: 1442092346387.jpg (472 KB, 1331x3686) Image search: [Google]
1442092346387.jpg
472 KB, 1331x3686
>>
>>1862805
And here I thought kyoani just abandoned yuri. I like this two more than the main pairings.
>>
>>1862805
>grabbing at each other's clothes
If there was ever any doubt, here is the is the proof that they fucked.
>>
>>1862838
They're cute, but it's a common yuri-subtext dynamic, to the extent that you often see them referred to as Deko and Shinka v2. I think one of the reasons that everywhere latched onto Reina and Kumiko was how the indescribable intensity of their relationship pushes beyond those kinds of archetype.
>>
>>1862870
Well also because DekoMori 2.0 have barely any screentime, though Ribbon was touted as the yuri character in the run up to the show.
>>
>>1862870
Basically this. The little details were what sell it for me:

>Reina states that she always rides her bicycle to and from school, a few episodes later shes riding the same train as Kumiko "just because".
>Kumiko's isn't answering her phone, let's call her lots of times.

They did an excellent job showing us how gay they were, and a horrible one at telling us how straight they were.
>>
>>1862870
It's referred to ask DekoShinka v2 because they act and look similar to DekoShinka.
>>
>>1862870
I'm kind of undecided on if I even liked them having their own share of subtext. One of the things that sets H!E aside from most KyoAni shows is how it depicts close same-sex friendships that aren't the least bit romantic, like Haruka&Kaori and Hazuki&Midori. With that as a baseline, it's for once possible to try to determine what kind of behavior goes beyond friendship. That is, if everyone is ambiguously gay, then no one's actually gay. (I'm half convinced Free! takes place in a universe where gayness doesn't exist.)

However, Natsuki and Yuuko's thing is cliché and doesn't really suit the semi-realistic tone of the series. (You could say the same about Yuuko's *admiration* of Kaori-senpai, though I think that's redeemed by Kaori constantly turning down poor Yuuko.) I suppose I'm afraid season two drops the ball and writes all the close relationships between girls as generic subtext like that.
>>
>>1862916
Well, Kumiko and Reina are the most popular thing from the show by a big margin. I think they trying to push other things and testing waters, and from there they will decide what to do about an eventual second season (or scrape any plans for it.)
>>
>>1862916
No matter how subtext-y or well written their relationship is, they're never going to give us surprise canon Kumiko/Reina. I wish they'd just give us DekoTani 2.0 and have done with it.
>>
>>1862922
We really need to work on this habit of making definitive factual statements about unknowns.
>>
>>1862925
In five years time I am going to dredge up these posts from the archive and point out that I was right.
>>
>>1862930
I'm setting a reminder on my phone right now.
>>
>>1862930
Unless you're always right about everything you ever say though some inherent property of the universe, that doesn't really address the point that you're speaking as if things we both know nobody knows are concrete facts that everyone should be taking as read.
>>
>>1862925
Anon is just trying to make sure that nobody is sad if the worst happens; even if it means that everyone else will cast them aside as a villain.
>>
File: CPAjtvFUEAAoTQz.jpg:orig.jpg (144 KB, 608x859) Image search: [Google]
CPAjtvFUEAAoTQz.jpg:orig.jpg
144 KB, 608x859
>>
>>1866462
>not even holding hands

0/10

Dropped
>>
File: 52560406_p20.png (647 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
52560406_p20.png
647 KB, 1000x1414
Substantial pixiv Kumirei comic. Unfortunately, it's in Chinese. Any Chinarunes experts feel like giving it a shot?

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=52560406
>>
File: 1441940576773.jpg (35 KB, 439x600) Image search: [Google]
1441940576773.jpg
35 KB, 439x600
>>1859260
>>
>>1866462
so close yet so far

-10/10

fuck sensei
>>
>>1845159
rise from the grave?
>>
File: 1433269281666.jpg (159 KB, 1481x720) Image search: [Google]
1433269281666.jpg
159 KB, 1481x720
>>1862922
>No matter how subtext-y or well written their relationship is, they're never going to give us surprise canon Kumiko/Reina.

For me they're canon.
>>
>>1867790
I'll add you to my list of people who don't know what canon means.
>>
>>1867795
For me is pretty clear that KyoAni want them togayther.
>>
>>1867817
It isn't canon until they're actually together. I won't say it'll never happen, but it does seem very unlikely.
>>
File: 1442541651325.png (3 MB, 1216x1718) Image search: [Google]
1442541651325.png
3 MB, 1216x1718
>>1866462
Reina's tits flopping out.
I know you are not supposed to wear modern underwear under those but damn girl tighten your obi.
>>
>>1868281
anime oppai logic at its best. also why aren't they holding hands here?
>>
>>1867961
Why
>>
>>1868350
Not them, but because that's how it is. Canon means that the material acknowledges a specific event. While the anime has lots of moments that heavily hint to Kumiko and Reina being almost lovers, it never directly acknowledges it.
>>
>>1868357
We have been over this. The anime has been rewritten so extremely by KyoAni that the canon has effectively been split. Anime and manga are really two different stories now.

Its been a surprisingly effective marketing gimmick. As sales of the novels HAVE increased greatly due to the controversy as people buy them out of curiosity and then go argue about which version is better.
>>
>>1868350
Because that's what canon means. It's an English word and has a definition. It basically means 'confirmed by official sources', and doesn't just refer to the status of a relationship. A character can be canonically good at sports, a fan of Mozart, like spicy food, etc.

If a show hints that two girls are a couple or are attracted to each other without saying so outright, then it's subtext, not canon. If there's no hint whatsoever and people ship them together anyway, it's yuri goggles.

You can say 'I believe they're a couple' or 'They're a couple in my mind', and that's fine. But when you say 'For me they're canon', that's objectively wrong. Like saying 'For me 1 + 1 = 3'.
>>
>>1868369
You're thinking about something entirely different.

You're talking about canon in the continuation sense. For example: Derivative works that deviate from the source material are their own canon (continuation) and can be considered as separate entities from the source.

The "canon" that's in 99% of the discussions on /u/ is referring to if something is official/explicit within the specific work referenced. Example: Margot/Malga is a canon romantic couple in the Horizon anime while Mio/Ritsu is not a canon romantic couple in K-On.

Kumikek and Reina are not a canon (official) romantic couple in either the LN or the Anime. But the anime canon (continuation) gives them plenty of heavy subtext.
>>
>>1868369
>We have been over this. The anime has been rewritten so extremely by KyoAni that the canon has effectively been split. Anime and manga are really two different stories now.
That poster isn't referring to the LN (not manga) to say that they aren't a canon couple. And neither am I.

If you go solely by the anime they still aren't a canon couple. Their relationship is subtext, albeit strong. That doesn't mean it won't ever become canon, but whether you believe it will depends on how much you think the LN will influence the future plot. That part is subjective. Whether it's canon right now or not isn't.
>>
>>1868381
>>1868386
>>1868388
I love all of you.
>>
>>1868369
> rewritten so extremely by KyoAni

We have been over this. The "rewrites" were fairly minor things, mostly just selectively adapting scenes to give more focus to some characters over others. They had a 13-episode run and did this in order to have a few really well-rounded and developed characters (Kumiko, Reina) instead of a scattering of half-baked ones.

In the novel Reina slid her finger against Kumiko's cheek instead of her nose and lip, and people start running around like headless chickens proclaiming KyoAni to be their new yuri lord and savior. They're not. What they did was just throwing a bone to the 百合豚 by heavily visually framing Kumiko and Reina's scenes in a romantic way.

It's not canon, there will never be an S2, and even if there were it wouldn't have any lesbian romance in it.
>>
>>1868391
You know very well people aren't expecting yuri just because of some minor tweaks and bog standard KyoAni subtext, d/a/amage control-kun.
>>
>>1868391
>We have been over this. The "rewrites" were fairly minor things, mostly just selectively adapting scenes to give more focus to some characters over others
And we've been over this, too. I'm never going to understand why people think that pointing out that only character interactions rather than the central plot were changed is relevant to a discussion about whether the character interactions will be changed.

>In the novel Reina slid her finger against Kumiko's cheek instead of her nose and lip, and people start running around like headless chickens proclaiming KyoAni to be their new yuri lord and savior.
This is as bad as a /v/ greentext argument, both in terms of misrepresenting what happened and in misrepresenting the reactions.

>They had a 13-episode run and did this in order to have a few really well-rounded and developed characters
What does this even mean? They had to pad it out with original material in order to get thirteen episodes from one novel, not squeeze it down and distil out less-relevant material.

>It's not canon, there will never be an S2, and even if there were it wouldn't have any lesbian romance in it.
Shit, it's Nostradamus.
>>
>>1868555
>I'm never going to understand why people think that pointing out that only character interactions rather than the central plot were changed is relevant to a discussion about whether the character interactions will be changed.
I particularly like the form of this argument that insists that since only character interactions were changed, it must mean that a hypothetical season two will necessarily involve a return to the novel's character interactions, i.e. Kumiko/Shoe happening.
>>
>>1868607
It's even more funny when you realize that Kumiko (in the novel) was totally tsundere (a shitty one) about Shuiichi. In the anime? She didn't even grasp the possibility of him having an interest in her. All their interactions (the ones that weren't erased or given to Reina) were downgraded to "friends". Even if he still "likes her" and Hazuki made her baseless claim about Kumiko not knowing her own feelings.
>>
>>1868357
>>1868381
I was asking why it is unlikely? I know what canon is, but why is it unlikely?
>>
>>1868678
Well I never said it was "unlikely" I don't know the future, nor I care about knowing it. I was just stating that the anime didn't make Kumiko and Reina a canon pairing. Even if it seems to hint heavily at it.
>>
File: Shoe1pl0x.jpg (117 KB, 1122x678) Image search: [Google]
Shoe1pl0x.jpg
117 KB, 1122x678
>>1868391
>We have been over this. The "rewrites" were fairly minor things, mostly just selectively adapting scenes to give more focus to some characters over others. They had a 13-episode run and did this in order to have a few really well-rounded and developed characters (Kumiko, Reina) instead of a scattering of half-baked ones.

So that's why they took the romantic scenes of Shoe1 and they gave them to Reina... really?
>>
>>1868381
>>1868386
You're right, I suppose, but if there's no season two, I'll take the second to last shot of their intertwined fingers as meaning they'll get together eventually and won't give a shit if it isn't explicit enough for someone on the Internet.
>>
>>1868891
It's not like we're insisting you don't ship Kumiko and Reina at all, we're just correcting your (and others') misunderstanding of what canon is.
>>
>>1868902
I'm not the person who called it canon. Frankly, I think it's idiotic to make such a big thing about whether something is canon. You don't see /a/ making a huge deal about how something like Another only heavily implied the boy and girl would get together instead of showing it explicitly. Why should we when it comes to a girl and another girl?
>>
>>1868906

Because /a/ is for general anime, while /u/ hinges on a specific criteria within the story being met (or met in the mind of the fans)
>>
>>1868906
>Why should we when it comes to a girl and another girl?
Because some people care about that. If you don't, good for you. But I do hope you're not retard enough to assume everyone has to think like you.
>>
>>1868906
Personally, because content producers' cowardice regarding showing MCs in explicitly lesbian relationships bothers me and by accepting them dancing around the issue we tacitly encourage their behavior. Yeah, even though I know we're not the intended target audience, whatever. It's not as if the novels only 'imply' that Kumiko and Shuichi get together in the end. /a/ don't have to make a huge deal about that kind of shit because they have plenty of material that explicitly shows boys and girls getting together, as well as implying it. Whereas most 'yuri' anime it's generally accepted that the characters are together, but it's never explicitly confirmed or shown within the material.
>>
>>1868906
>You don't see /a/ making a huge deal about how something like Another only heavily implied the boy and girl would get together instead of showing it explicitly.
Het relationships are the norm. You don't need to spell them out because statistically speaking they're likely to get together anyway. Gay relationships need to be spelled out or they can just be waved off as close friendship. Of course you could just not care that people do so for pairings that you like. But having it confirmed on-screen can have benefits, like being able to see and hear your characters kiss and do romantic things instead of only reading about them in a doujin. It also can mean an enormous increase in fanart.
>>
>>1868929
>It also can mean an enormous increase in fanart.

That's true in general, but as far as this series goes, Kumirei is pretty much the only pairing that exists as far as fanart is concerned.
>>
>>1868932
Which is kind of a pity, because I like Ribbon and her ridiculous ribbon.
>>
>>1868910
They don't have to, of course. It would just be smart of them and save them a lot of grief. Besides, it's all arbitrary. As we know from the novel, intertwining your fingers with your best girl is romantic. Why does only slobbering on her face count?

>>1868923
That's a good point, but I think fandom takes it a little too far sometimes. Criticizing companies for being too chickenshit to actually show the gay is one thing, but does it have to extend to one's appreciation of the content? There's this feeling that pairings that aren't explicit enough according to someone's criteria are not as good as one's who, say, kiss on-camera that doesn't seem to have anything to do with disgust at two-faced anime producers.

>>1868929
>Gay relationships need to be spelled out or they can just be waved off as close friendship
I think we're the last people who should accept this.
>>
>>1868938
>I think we're the last people who should accept this

This isn't about making a stand or whatever you're thinking of. I like plenty of subtext couples but there is no point deluding myself into thinking they're canon when it's factually not true.

People who ship subtext het couples also get called out for it time to time, but so what? It's a non-issue.
>>
>>1868938
Oh, it doesn't usually affect my appreciation of the content. (Occasionally. It depends on how obnoxiously they handle it. Sometimes it's just insulting.) I'm just an asshole about differentiating between canon and subtext. Sometimes it will be in the nature of a relationship for it to never progress past subtext on the page/screen in the first place. I presume there are others for whom it does always affect their appreciation.
>>
>>1868938
>As we know from the novel, intertwining your fingers with your best girl is romantic. Why does only slobbering on her face count?
Because the former can be done outside of romantic situations. The latter too, actually (CPR, oops-I-tripped etc.) It isn't enough that they kiss, but they need to do it for unambiguously romantic reasons.

>I think we're the last people who should
accept this.
I strongly disagree. In fact, I think we're the ones who should champion it the most. If subtext and canon (all else being equal) shows were equally popular among the yuri crowd then anime studios are just going to stick to subtext. It's safer, appeals to a larger audience, and doesn't risk the wrath of the religious censors.
>>
File: 1438571483637.jpg (128 KB, 1327x1042) Image search: [Google]
1438571483637.jpg
128 KB, 1327x1042
>>1868950
>Sometimes it's just insulting
Yeah, it depends on the story being told. If there's, say, a hypothetical lesbian couple who've been together practically since childhood, live together and raise a daughter together, it would obviously be galling if she just referred to her mothers as best friends. However, I don't think a pre-relationship story like this would have been improved any if we'd have gotten a last moment 'Oh shit, I wanna bone Reina' realization from Kumiko or something. That's assuming there's no season two, of course.
>>
>>1868963
> wrath of the religious censors

You do realize that there is no religiously motivated anti-gay movement in Japan, right? Anti-gay attitudes, sure, but none of it motivated by religion.
>>
>there will never be a hibike thread on /a/ that doesn't derail into yuri posting
>theer will never be a hibike thread on /u/ that doesnt derail into het posting
it's kind of poetic in a way

Also I'm surprised more people aren't just supporting the novel canon couples like Natsuki and Ribbon
>>
>>1869810
If there's one thing I've learned it's that no one in Western fandom is ever interested in the main/canon couples, except maybe NanoFate.

Though I don't think it was het posting, more spirited yuri debate.
>>
>>1869810
Because they seem like the typical subtext yuri we see all the fucking time.

People got hooked with Kumiko and Reina relationship because its portrayal was way beyond the "*wink* *wink* super duper close friends *wink* *wink*.It's normal that people care more about them.
>>
>>1869845
>its portrayal was way beyond the "*wink* *wink* super duper close friends *wink* *wink*
But that's exactly what it was. We had like a 20 post argument about that just yesterday.
>>
>>1869845
People got hooked becauE it was a Kyoani anime with Kyoani visuals.
>>
>>1869849
It's not, though. Natsuki and Yuuko are a common subtext archetype, but the sheer intensity of Kumiko and Reina's relationship defies that kind of easy categorization.
>>
>>1869849
The yesterday's thing was about if the pairing was or wasn't canon, not about the portrayal.
Like I stated here >>1868357
>>
>>1869856
But your phrasing didn't actually say that, it implied that what was extraordinary about Kumiko and Reina's relationship that attracted attention was that it went beyond "*wink* *wink* super duper close friends *wink* *wink*", which it certainly didn't. Kyoani's portrayal of their relationship and framing of many of their scenes was just as knowing as a lot of other shows without ever actually committing to anything. It just that as always, Kyoani does it particularly well.

>>1869860
see above
>>
>>1869869
It went beyond the usual subtext, though. Which is exactly what Natsuki and Yuuko are. KyoAni's pedigree sure helped at it, but the portrayal goes beyond the norm. I not saying they made a canon lesbian relationship, because they didn't. But they made their relationship more meaningful that the usual.
>>
>>1869872
Now all that is definitely true.

Is Natsuki and Ribbon-chan's relationship covered in more depth in the novels?
>>
>>1869883
Don't forget that the Oboes have an entire novel devoted to their "misunderstanding"
>>
>>1868314
Japan and their homophobic
>>
>>1869883
All the second years relationships are more in-depth in the second novel.
>>
File: still_02.jpg (61 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
still_02.jpg
61 KB, 600x338
OVA preview is up. It's about the B-team supporting the competition band before the concert, so expect Hazuki and Natsuki focus. The PV has a scene with Hazuki and Shuuichi, which could be a good or bad thing depending on how it goes. Other than that, this still is probably about Hazuki deciding that she should make Kumiko and Reina matching charms, but other than that I doubt they'll get much time.

http://anime-eupho.com/story/ex/
>>
>>1871049
S2 when
>>
>>1871090
Hopefully never.
>>
>>1871101
Why?
>>
>>1871131
Because Reina's characterization goes to shit, big time. I know, that's the novel, and the anime will surely change some things, but you never know.

I'm satisfied with the what we got already, and I don't like taking risks.
>>
>>1871137
No pain, no gain. They might as well change the source if it comes down to it. chances are slim, but I for one hate to be kept in limbo ore than losing a potential yuri ending. We might even benefit from it.
>>
File: Ui_startled[1].png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ui_startled[1].png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>1871049
Hello there Ui, long time, no see.
>>
>>1871138
>No pain, no gain
>potential yuri ending
I can already see your future anon and I'm pretty sure it will be full of pain. I presume we'd get more RibbonTsuki though.
>>
>>1871137
Subtle changes in the first season's adaption could have been paving a way for a mostly anime-original S2?
>>
>>1871164
I don't think KyoAni have had much success with that though. Chuu2 season 2 was fucking terrible. Except for the lesbians I guess, though.
>>
>>1871164
It doesn't have to be mostly original. Just change Kumiko and Reina's characterization a bit and give them additional scenes, just like they already did. Any half-way decent writer should be able to make Kumiko getting involved with someone else's (semi-)lesbian drama into an opening for some of her own.
>>
>>1871164
>Subtle changes in the first season's adaption could have been paving a way for a mostly anime-original S2?
Or maybe not. My point is just that it's not worth taking the risk.

But that's just me.
>>
>>1871213
>My point is just that it's not worth taking the risk.
That implies we have a choice of not taking it, which we obviously don't.
>>
>>1871216
Well of course. We can only hope, which explains >>1871101
>>
could someone translate this?

https://my.mixtape.moe/bvbhej.mp3

Its has Natsuki/Yuuko and Riko.
>>
I plan on starting this but it's KyoAni. Will I get Tamago Market betrayal here?
>>
>>1871638
No, but don't be prepared for it to go beyond subtext.
>>
https://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2015/09/27/sound-euphonium-roundtable-director-tatsuya-ishihara-series-director-naoko-yamada-author-ayano-takeda/
>Takeda: Shuichi is special as well, but for Kumiko, Reina is depicted as a presence that is above him. Before Kumiko met her, he may have been her special guy, but now her relationship with Reina is eternal.
It's happening
>>
>>1876036
>pulling one quote out of it
>they go one to talk about how its this wonderful female friendship
>it's happening

Anon, stop it.
>>
>>1876040
A "friendship" that is higher than a heterosexual relationship. That means we won
>>
>>1876043
Anon, they are talking about how friendship is more important than romance. That means they are not romantic at all, but just friends, in fact that means Shoe can still be her romantic interest. That means we lost
>>
>>1876045
If it's more important, that means we won. Reina is Kumiko's eternal love confirmed
>>
>>1876046
I think it depends on how important you think sex is as part of a relationship, I guess.
>>
>>1876046
>If it's more important, that means we won. Reina is Kumiko's eternal love confirmed
Eternal platonic love confirmed. Kumiko will still date guys romantically, even if her friendship with Reina's more important. That's what they said.
>>
>>1876058
We saw beautiful platonic friendships in Hibike, and I don't think they were much like Kumiko and Reina.
>>
>>1876036
So much mental gymnastics in that interview to make the show look like a beautiful artistic decision, when we know the real reason is just cynical yuribait. Fuck KyoAni. I hope they all burn in hell.
>>
>>1876061
They wanted to portray a friendship that felt more special than romance. I guess, if that was the goal, it can't be helped that their friendship ended up having a romantic tint to it.

Regardless, it's not an actual romance.
>>
>>1876066
It can't be helped that they play love songs together on a date?
>>
>>1876069
How would you portray a friendship that feels more important and special than romance?
>>
>>1876071
Typically how the author did it in the last novel - Shuichi and Kumiko start dating but Kumiko chooses to go home with Reina, which annoys Shuichi. Kumiko just asks if he's jealous then goes off with Reina. It's supposed to depict Kumiko and Reina as being bffs, besties before testes, sisters before misters. While the stereotype seems to be people who get boyfriends or girlfriends will leave their friends behind in favor of being with their lover.

im rather disappointed that they could shoehorn shoe in. I just want my lesbian romance.
>>
>>1876099
That doesn't really sound like a promising relationship.
>>
>>1876107
It kind of makes Shoe sound like a dick if he gets annoyed about it
>>
>>1876122
It just sounds like a dead-end, like the start of a romance novel where the protagonist discovers that relationships don't have to involve looking forward to when the date is over and you can do something you enjoy.
>>
>>1876125
I think there's a lot of potential variables at play and I don't know what exactly happens in that scene.
>>
The interview just cements Shuichi position as a "afterthought" while at the same time killing the "romantic subtext" that Kumiko and Reina's scenes had. It's the most amusing backpedaling I've seen in a while.

Does anyone has those translations form the novel in which Kumiko's is basically lusting after Reina and then she says something along the lines of "not in a perverted sense"?
>>
>>1876218
The scenes are still the same, you know.
>>
>>1876229
Of course, I just find the whole thing amusing. It is like she is afraid that anyone even thinks that Kumiko and Reina could be romantically involved. I'm starting to believe that she, the author, is just a closeted lesbian.
>>
>>1876218
It actually makes a lot of sense now. Everyone kept calling the series "yuribait" but that explanation just never made sense to me, nothing about the series is that cynical. Now I can see an earnest attempt to portray a transcendent friendship, and the possible failing being that they didn't know how to convey it without using romantic language and images. Or even sexual in some cases. It sounds like they thought they were distinguishing between "sensual" and "like a lusty wolf coming out" but they didn't really
>>
>>1876233
I've thought that for a while.
>>
>>1876218
Note how the person who most talks about Kumiko/Reina being a fellowship is Takeda, so there isn't really anything new there. The anime changed things to a deliberately romantic direction so much that I'm not jumping ship.
>>
>>1876270
Yes, that's why I said here >>1876233 what I believe about her. She's so freaking afraid of them being seen as lovers that is sad and amusing at the same time.
>>
>>1876270
It sounds like Yamada agrees with her though
>>
Talk about God tier denial of the homolove

This shouldn't even be an argument. Reimiko was so romanticised that when Reina told Kumiko that she "loved" Taki, it was like the scene belonged in another anime. It was completely out of place and awkward when compared to the forced romantic tone in the anime associated with the girls. The amount of effort these guys put in to make it all so romantic (camera shots, dialogue, character direction) makes it hard to believe that they were stupid enough to think they were only portraying a strong eternal friendship. They knew exactly what they were doing, and it's called bait.

I only feel bad that this anime doesn't have a studio that has the balls to scream canon yuri from the rooftops. Such a shame for such a beautiful anime where the romance was actually well depicted.
>mfw I might never see an episode 8 like that again
>>
>>1876290
What was Yamada supposed to say? "Yeah, your take was fine, Takeda, but we decided they worked better as lesbian homosexuals?" That would rather take away any "will they or won't they" KyoAni might want to continue with in a potential season two.

>>1876061
Yeah, contrasting Haruka and Kaori's close platonic bond with Reina and Kumiko's moment in episode 11 was so deliberate I refuse to accept we were meant to interpret them both as the same thing.
>>
>>1876298
>Yeah, contrasting Haruka and Kaori's close platonic bond with Reina and Kumiko's moment in episode 11 was so deliberate I refuse to accept we were meant to interpret them both as the same thing.

Fucking this. We did have a "platonic relationship" right there and in no way is similar to Kumiko and Reina's one. They went way beyond a friendship, and they surely are aware of it.
>>
>>1876298
That's called denial. I like them as a romantic pair too, but that's just not what the staff had in mind. That's all.
>>
>>1876328
If all they wanted was to depict Kumko and Reina as a platonic super besties, all they needed to do was adapt those parts of the novel accurately and keep the Shuuichi romance. Instead they gutted it and ramped up the Reina/Kumiko subtext. If you think artists never lie or avoid certain topics in interviews to keep future developments under wraps, you must be pretty new to this stuff.
>>
>>1876382
>future developments
>you must be pretty new to this stuff
Well it must be pretty nice for you to have company then.
>>
>>1876405
Yeah, I figured you didn't have anything worthwhile to contribute.
>>
>>1876453
I'm not even that anon.
>>
>>1876382
I don't think they're are keeping "future developments" under wraps. It's the classic stance of "no, they aren't gay." because it seems Japan can deal with main characters that are gay. It doesn't help that the author seems to be a lesbian in denial and deep buried in the closet.
>>
>>1876463
>It doesn't help that the author seems to be a lesbian in denial and deep buried in the closet.
I don't know why I'm so entertained that this idea seems to be gaining traction.
>>
>>1876487
It seems to be the only explanation that makes sense anymore. How can she go on about "fellowship" and "friendship" when she wrote Kumiko feeling Reina's underwear and watching her sweaty skin and things like that.
>>
>>1876499
I was saying it months ago, but no one was paying much attention at the time.
>>
File: 1443329895606.jpg (212 KB, 640x859) Image search: [Google]
1443329895606.jpg
212 KB, 640x859
>>
>check AO3
>finally a Natsuki/Yuuko fic
yesssssssss
>>
>>1876504
Well, sometimes things take time to sink in. To be honest when it was first brought up I thought it was just /u/ being /u/. Now it doesn't seems that crazy.
>>
>>1876520
Even their fucking body language is tsundere. I love it.
>>
>>1876524
And it's wonderful as well.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/4884697
>>
Just delete this thread mod/jani all the shitposting above about being just friends makes this thread not worthy to be on /u/ and I don't feel like reporting all of those posts.
>>
>>1876580
/u/mad?
>>
>>1876296
Kyoto Animation lives and dies by adaptations of light novels/manga, d/u/de. They're never gonna make a major change like changing the mc's sexuality and love interest because if they deviate to far from an authors original artistic vision, other authors might not want anything to do with them.

So they'll change it up a bit, make a close friendship even closer and take out the romantic scenes with the opposite sex, and hint and hint, but they'll never go all the way. They can't afford to go all the way, literally, making anime is super expensive even if you aren't holding yourself to the standard that kyoani does. And people shouldn't have expected them too.

Having said all this, I'm hoping for there to be a scene in the OVA where Hazuki see's them kiss and that's what inspires her to make the matching charms.
>>
>>1876580
>/u/ thread saying they're just friends
>/a/ thread saying hetfags BTFO right now
why is it always backwards?
>>
>>1876593
People on /a/ are just trolling. It's nothing more than the usual shitposting to then blame /u/ about it. Over here we were actually talking about the interview, and how what they are saying doesn't add up.
>>
>>1876591
You should only have posted the stuff in the spoiler. That's why I posted this >>1876580 in the first place.

Everyone in thsi thread should stop pretending they know how the industri/kyoani/the author mind works. Because nobody here knows anything and makes the whole threads just look pessimist.
>>
https://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2015/09/27/sound-euphonium-roundtable-director-tatsuya-ishihara-series-director-naoko-yamada-author-ayano-takeda/
interview is here

Yamada: The descriptions in the novel when Kumiko sees Reina were so unbearably stimulating. Therefore, I wanted to properly depict that.
Takeda: Thank you very much.

Takeda: (laughs) In almost every work, not just novels, there’s so many that put romance above fellowship, aren’t there? I wasn’t satisfied with that, so I wrote this work thinking of making fellowship above romance. It’s just as Yamada-san says, Reina is a bit sensual from Kumiko’s point of view. It’s something characteristic that a girl would sense and describe. If a man were writing it, wouldn’t it be more like a lusty wolf coming out? (laughs)
Yamada: In this world, there’s so much that doesn’t just move because of love for love’s sake.
Takeda: Shuichi is special as well, but for Kumiko, Reina is depicted as a presence that is above him. Before Kumiko met her, he may have been her special guy, but now her relationship with Reina is eternal. It’s not just those two; that type of relationship is throughout this entire story. I wanted to show fellowship as this vastly important thing that gets cultivated by mankind depending on each other and working hard in that closed space of club activities.
Ishihara: Relating to that description, honestly, Yamada saved us by being present. I don’t know the first thing about girl friendships or fellowships, but I can surmise from this discussion that it’s quite difficult. By all means the way guys look at girls may be depicted in stereotypes. While there is a portion of this work that feels like the processed view guys see, it was important to escape away from that stereotyping.

Super gay friendship only
>>
>>1876647
So it was their intent that they only be friends?
Wow. They failed at that big time.
What they put on the screen, was gay.
I really think they are lying here. This is not a pair of rookies here, they did this deliberately to spark controversy and get people to buy both the novels and the anime to compare.
>>
>>1876666
>So it was their intent that they only be friends?
>Wow. They failed at that big time.

Don't confuse the author's intention with what KyoAni decided to animate. The author might have intended to depict an intimate friendship, but KyoAni clearly read the plot and decided to seize the opportunity to make a show that would pull in yurifags by the boat-load without needing to go all the way and put off hetfags.

They obviously succeeded wildly, and the author did too since her work is now very popular. The only failure here is for people who want to see yuri romance that actually goes somewhere.
>>
>>1876679
it's not like the author didn't know what was going on, she said she wrote volumes 2-4 using stuff that Kyoani themselves made up, like the side characters that were later introduced. And Takeda and Yamada were hitting it off discussing Reina and Kumiko's relationship. Everything just turned out to be Class-S as usual

Yamada: It felt like we were writing an exchange diary as we were working on the anime and then the novels were announced. I would learn that Taki-sensei likes coffee milk and then it’d show up in your writing. (laughs)
Takeda: Right. It was very fun.
>>
>>1876703
>she said she wrote volumes 2-4 using stuff that Kyoani themselves made up
No she doesn't. The only volume that was affected by the anime was the last one, the short story collection. The plural there is probably a translation error.

>>1876591
Yeah, just look at how badly Hollywood suffered when they once made an inaccurate adaptation of a novel. They've been a pariah ever since.
>>
File: reina x kumiko 64.jpg (179 KB, 640x907) Image search: [Google]
reina x kumiko 64.jpg
179 KB, 640x907
Kumiko is holding Reina aaaarm
My sax!
>>
File: 1436239862346.jpg (337 KB, 857x1200) Image search: [Google]
1436239862346.jpg
337 KB, 857x1200
>>1877206
Bless you, Mugino.
>>
>>1877206
>Kumiko is holding Reina aaaarm
>holding

No?
>>
It is a bit sad that the whole Reina x Kumiko anime vs manga thing is going to distract attention from the two oboe girls who are interested in each other and do NOT have any boys after them.
>>
>>1877206
arm holding where?
>>
>>1877215
No one cares? They are from the second novel, one that isn't translated or animated, so why should anyone give a damn? We just have bits and pieces and are very inconclusive about how "gay" they really are.
>>
>>1877215
>manga
>>
File: c8a.gif (2 MB, 390x261) Image search: [Google]
c8a.gif
2 MB, 390x261
>>1877206
*Linking arms*
>>
>>1877267
>>1877206
still no
>>
File: tamako midori hug.gif (3 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
tamako midori hug.gif
3 MB, 512x288
>>1877215
Nozomi isn't actually gay though and Mizore knows that. It's like Tamako and Midori all over again.
>>
>>1876591
>because if they deviate to far from an authors original artistic vision, other authors might not want anything to do with them.

They straight up made up most of Chuu2's cast, and Free's story is entirely original and takes place across a different period of time than the novel does.
>>
>>1877370
This person doesn't have any idea of what they are talking about. To put a even more expensive example: World War Z: The only thing that movie had in common with the book was the freaking name. When you bought the rights to make an adaptation of a work, whatever you do with them is your problem.

KyoAni usually owns the rights of the properties they animate and change (Chuu, Free), and the ones they keep as close as they can to the original is because they are contracted, usually by Kadokawa, to adapt someone else properties. Hibike rights are owned by KyoAni, so they can do whatever they want with them.
>>
>>1877377
Did KyoAni not buy the rights outright to K-On?
Cause if they did, why did they not write their own college arc/Azuza's senior year story when Kakifly failed to produce a watchable story?
>>
>>1877279
How do you know that when they are never shown interacting with men? Or even talking about them?
>>
>>1877382
I don't really follow K-ON, so I don't know. Chuu2, Free, KnK, and the new Battle harem they will produce are all from their in-house publishing company.

As far as I know, Hibike! adaptation came to be because they liked it and bought the rights. Unfortunately I don't have a source on this.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.