[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maria-sama Ga Miteru
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /u/ - Yuri

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
I know threads for this usually lead to a little whining but I don't care. I recently got into the series again and it's so good. We need a Marimite thread
>>
File: ED03.jpg (278 KB, 1650x524) Image search: [Google]
ED03.jpg
278 KB, 1650x524
>>1776600
If I had my way, there would perpetually be a Marimite thread on this board.
>>
>>1776936
I'm honestly surprised there isn't, even though it has been a while since any new content came out.
>>
File: 0199.jpg (68 KB, 460x705) Image search: [Google]
0199.jpg
68 KB, 460x705
>>1776936

Yumi and Touko for the win.
>>
File: mariasamagamiteru137sfsd.jpg (794 KB, 2065x1167) Image search: [Google]
mariasamagamiteru137sfsd.jpg
794 KB, 2065x1167
I'm so glad to finally see a Marimite thread! It's my favorite anime ever.
>>
File: 142143576176.jpg (111 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
142143576176.jpg
111 KB, 500x500
Is anyone still translating the manga?
>>
>>1777104

I'm not sure, I only have like 5 translated volumes but I know there are a total of 9 volumes.
>>
File: CD-TtTwUgAAYw5b.jpg (64 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
CD-TtTwUgAAYw5b.jpg
64 KB, 768x1024
By the way, it makes me happy that even though there's nothing new confirmed (nor a novel nor a new season) Reine Hibiki keeps drawing them now and then.
>>
File: CD-MXiGUsAAmc49.jpg (53 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CD-MXiGUsAAmc49.jpg
53 KB, 600x800
>>1777117

These are all from her Twitter account
>>
File: CCFFCuDUkAARsXV.jpg (66 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CCFFCuDUkAARsXV.jpg
66 KB, 600x800
>>1777118
>>
I love Marimite. One of my most favorite anime/LN ever. It just that I don't know what to talk about in a Marimite thread so I never make one. Without new materials, it will be same old whinings again and again.
>>
>>1777104
not as far as I know, no one has done any since 2009
>>
File: 922592.jpg (37 KB, 477x560) Image search: [Google]
922592.jpg
37 KB, 477x560
S5 never.

I'm glad our queen and goddess Erica keeps translating the novels.

I will never have enough money to buy the brurays.

And on a little side blogging, yesterday I installed Windows XP in an old machine I had and could play Maribato! again. I'm so bad at that game, holy shit, the CPU breaks my ass every time even on easy difficulty. So much nostalgia my goggles almost break.
>>
>>1777451

Ahh, I used to have that game but I lost it when I changed my PC. I could never find it again!
>>
I actually dropped the manga because I saw it was incomplete, even though I was really into it. How far in does the anime go?
>>
>>1777471
I'm surprised there still are plenty of downloads available for it, I thought it would be completely dead and forgotten but I found a download right away when searching. I'm glad I get to play it again.
>>
>>1777488

Ah, I found one already, you were right, onee-sama! I missed this game!
>>
>>1777472

I think the manga only reaches the first season. The anime has 4 seasons.
>>
Hi, I came from the Hibike threads and I don't wanna do nothing but relax myself here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhQEY4U2Un4
>>
>>1777848

Welcome, Onee-sama.

The whole soundtrack is just beautiful, honestly.

Listen to this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJN1DT-okwo It's called "Kizuna", one of my favorite pieces.
>>
i never cant watch the series, and still i cant find where to watch/download, but i really want to... some help please?
>>
>>1781484

Try kissanime.com
>>
>>1781487
yeah there still was, thank u!!!!! really really thanks
>>
File: suffering.gif (3 MB, 377x319) Image search: [Google]
suffering.gif
3 MB, 377x319
>>1777848
>>1777992
>>
>>1782089

It's alright, onee-sama. We'll get through this.
>>
>>1777451
>Maribato!
I really want to readt the novels, but dónt know where to start and what to read, can you help me?
>>
>>1782698

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/?title=Maria-sama_ga_Miteru <--- there you go, onee-sama.
>>
>>1782698

If you haven't read anything maybe it'll be good to start from the beginning, don't you think?
>>
>>1782705
I watched the anime and read the manga because I heard there was yuri. I was hoping there'd be a little more romanticism between the two leads, but that never really happened in the manga, and I gave up on the anime because it didn't seem like it would happen.

I didn't sign up for yuri undertones.
>>
>>1782705
>>1782706
oh yeah, but what about those untranslated volumes?

And the last time i checked it, 9-14 still were untranslated, that is why i asked hehe
>>
I'm planning on finally watching this, and I don't mind what you people call 'subtext' and all that jazz. But there's something that I really need to know.

Does anyone ever call their senpai 'onee-sama' here?
>>
>>1788672
This is THE onee-sama anime.
>>
>>1788672
Only every single character.
>>
>>1788676
>>1788677
Downloading now. Tomorrow I'll finally be an official member of /u/.
>>
I used to find "onee-sama" trope corny as fuck when I first saw it. Now whenever I hear "onee-sama", I can't help but have a little orgasm. What's weird is that I want to be the one who call an older, elegant girl with that instead of being called one myself.
>>
>>1788767
Preach sister. I wish I could actually find someone to call onee-sama in real life. ;_;
>>
>>1791334
Born too late and on the wrong side of the world.
>>
>>1791334

Same here. I have hope I will find someone, someday.
>>
Well, I assume that is not to late for us to land onto a job where your boss will be a classy and beautiful woman at her 30's who loves to teach about business, the life and stuff related... and younger girls.
>>
Born as the wrong gender
;_;
>>
>>1791402
That can be fixed 30 years in the future when tranny technology allows them to fully adquire de body of their desired sex.
>>
>>1791402
>>1791424
Can we not do this here?
>>
>>1791430

Yes, we can, onee-sama.
>>
>>1788672

There's no subtext. Yumi is hella gay. It's only more obvious in the novels thanks to all the inner thinking
>>
>>1791537

Touko is also very gay for Yumi.
>>
>>1791537
I agree. I'm only just 5 episodes in and the gayness is literally everywhere. I don't even know where I first got the idea that this is just subtext.
Onee-samas, hold me...
>>
>>1793695

That's life, onee-sama.
>>
>>1793695
Your post is not helping at all, onee-sama.
>>
Fav pairing? Sei x Youko for life. I wanted to post a fanfic between the two, but I couldn't find it. It was on fanficition.net Youko went to visit Sei at her university and finally reached a closure of a sort in their relationship (by doing the thing obviously).
>>
>>1794138
Pretty sure you mean "Rendezvous" and its sequel "Vertige, puis le Silence" by ethnewinter, both of which had been pulled down from FFN by the author herself for unknown reasons. Shame, because they're the best Sei x Youko fic in existence.
>>
I got into yuri because of this series. I rewatched a few episodes recently and it reminded me how funny and charming the series was. Not that there wasn't plenty of melodrama but it was much more than just that.

Also, Sei x Yumi is the best pair. Or at least the gayest.
>>
>>1794143
Yes, that's the one. Damn, I knew I should have archive the stories. All my favourite authors/ stories always remove their stuff randomly.
>>
>>1794170
Same. Marimite will always have a special place in my heart. It is one of the stories I could always go back to watch/read and I still enjoy it.
>>
>>1794171
I did archive them.

Rendezvous: https://www.dropbox.com/s/grx887bc8e3icmi/ethnewinter%20-%20rendezvous%20%28sei%20x%20youko%29.html?dl=0

Vertige, puis le silence: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ja6qxxyflop9n6/ethnewinter%20-%20vertige%2C%20puis%20le%20silence%20%28sei%20x%20youko%29.html?dl=0
>>
>>1794237
You are amazing. Thank you.
>>
>>1794138

My favorite pairing is Touko x Yumi, though I would ship Touko x Kanako, too. I also like Rei x Yoshino and Shimako x Noriko.
>>
Random Marimite fanart pack which I repost in these threads regularly: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2acpxykeniu6ena/Marimite.7z

>>1776936

Marimite sticky when.

>>1791402

Arisu pls

>>1794138

Yumi x Sei, even though it's hopeless.

>>1794170
>>1794173

Truth to be told I think Marimite anime aged really poorly. If I never knew it existed and were to watch it now I'm not entirely surely I'd like it.
S3 is the best by the way.
>>
>>1797281
To be honest, I still like Yumi x Sachiko best. There's something about that repressed ojou-sama cliche that I love. Pity that with the exception of Fake and The Sorceress's Heart update never ;_; all the fic is tripe.
>>
>>1797281

Yep, the third season is the best one. Tough my favorite one is the fourth season because of Touko.
>>
>>1797281
>If I never knew it existed and were to watch it now I'm not entirely surely I'd like it
I don't agree because despite all the works that have referenced MariMite in a way or another, they never get what I like quite as how I like it. MariMite will always be quite a unique work for me, and I haven't found a similar feeling in other series to what MariMite gave me. If I were to watch MariMite for the first time today, it would still jump straight to my top anime.
>>
>>1794138
Touko x Yumi definitely. Touko is deliciously tsundere, and Yumi is mature and gentle with her.
>>
>>1797281
The animation quality is not the best, but the voice performances were one of the best imo. I mentioned it would always have a special place in my heart because I could relate to a lot of things.
> all girl catholic school in SEA master race

I remembered picking up Japanese because I wanted to read the light novel. Little did I know that the book is written in formal Japanese (because Ajou samas) and I couldn't understand shit with my beginner level.
>>
>>1797798

Where have you been all my life, onee-sama? Not many people ship YumiDri so it's nice to see there are some who do. I'm so happy...
>>
>>1798114
What, really? Practically everyone I come across on /u/ ships Touko x Yumi or Sei x Yumi. (I can get behind the latter as well though.)
>>
File: Blue Moon.jpg (44 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
Blue Moon.jpg
44 KB, 424x600
What good timing. Yuriism released a nice Marimite doujin yesterday. Frankly I'm not familiar with this artist, even though it seems she (?) draws a fair share of Marimite.
The art is very nice and I like the story but Sei feels a bit out of character and got turned into a bit of a moeblob. It's still an enjoyable read, though.

>>1798051

>but the voice performances were one of the best imo

Oh, that I can definitely agree with. The anime features a surprisingly (?) blockbuster cast with many memorable performances. When I'm asked 'should I read the novels or watch the anime' (which happens a bit more often than you'd probably imagine, heh) I end up recommending the novels but with a heavy heart; I always make sure to mention the qulity voice acting in the anime. Itou Shizuka's role is especially interesting: it's one of her earliest roles, back when she hasn't contracted a terminal, incurable case of moekko voice.
>>
>>1798141
That doujin is pretty good. I have never quite understood the nature of Sei and Shimako relationship. They do seem distance at times, yet there are moments that Shimako would be crying in Sei's arms. I think it is partly because Marimite is portrayed through Yumi's (?) point of view and her understanding of Sei x Shimako is quite limited as well?
>>
>>1798202
Having recently watched it, it's more like Sei didn't press Shimako about anything and let her be. Shimako was comfortable enough with just that. It wasn't until Noriko entered to the picture that we started to see a more proactive Shimako. I would dare to say that Shimako and Sei's relationship is pretty similar to the one Youko and Sachiko have.
>>
>>1798119

Really? Well I didn't know that. All the people I get to know who like MariMite always ship Yumi x Sachiko or any other ship but YumiDri.
>>
>>1798206
>Shimako and Sei's relationship is pretty similar to the one Youko and Sachiko have.
This. I've felt so from my first watch, at the time when I didn't know what yuri or homosexuality is. That scene where Shimako first met Sei under the cherry tree was the first time I think girls can have a crush on other girls.

Sei x Shimako is the very definition of "more than friends, less than lovers" just like SachiYumi. They aren't quite interested in each other romantically. But aren't quite just platonic sisterly feelings either.
>>
>>1798292
I was talking about the former Rosa Chinesis (Youko) and Sachiko. Youko always tried to guide Sachiko and to make it easier for her to get along with everyone else. For me Sei and Shimako's relationship works in a similar way.

Yumi and Sachiko's relationship is quite different. They are both clingy a and jealous of each other.
>>
>>1798547
Right until Sachiko decides to crush Yumi's heart.
>>
>>1798551
What? Aren't they closer than ever in the last novel as well?
>>
>>1798561
Don't you remember how much Yumi suffered when Sachiko told her to go find a petite soeur?
>>
>>1798572
Well, she suffered too, and Sachiko is staying at Lillian's Women College just to be close to Yumi. Yumi was moving towards Touko on her own even before Sachiko asked her to look for a petite soeur.
>>
>>1798141
>Sei feels a bit out of character and got turned into a bit of a moeblob
Yeah, but I can forgive it for that gorgeous pillow queen Shimako. It also does a good job of catching that Class S Marimite ambiguity and tilting it a little towards lovers.
>>
>>1798547
>They are both clingy a and jealous of each other
And I love it so much. I probably have terrible taste in fictional relationships.
>>
>>1798661
But they are lovely. Like that scene after the school trip to Italy "What I'm going to do about this?!" and all that.
>>
>>1798577
Poor Yumi, having that crazy straight girl clinging to her even longer and further delaying her fated love with Sei.
>>
>>1799862
I can't help but feel like Marimite was actually a thinly veiled harem for Yumi all along.
>>
>>1799870
Thinly veiled? It was there all the time, everyone loves Yumi.
>>
>>1799870
Sei, Sachiko, Touko, Kanako, Yoshino... My god, it all makes sense now.
>>
File: marimite_lastnight.jpg (510 KB, 677x546) Image search: [Google]
marimite_lastnight.jpg
510 KB, 677x546
>>1797281

Only tangentally related, but speaking of aging, does anyone ever wonder when Marimite is supposed to be taking place? Sure, I know it's probably supposed to be a general "now" and that most everything occurs in a really sheltered little private world where little gets out and nothing gets in, but the series started off about 17 years ago.
Not sure it matters. Just with every occasional appearance of Lilian alumnae, they always emphasize the time at Lilian as particularly shaping years. And though old characters tend to reappear, there's always been a recurring theme that people come and go. And Lilian already has a fictional history going back 114 years and counting.

Don't know why, but always had the idea White Petals takes place in 1997 and that Yumi attends Lilian from 1998 to 2001. Somehow just feels comfortable thinking that the "now" of Marimite was when it was first published. Or perhaps it's just as simple as that I first learned of Marimite shortly after finishing high school back in 2003 and couldn't imagine it any other way. And as a shameless Rosa Gigantea fangirl it's stuck as a pleasant thought hoping that at 34, Sei has found love again.

TL;DR: Yumi finished high school a while ago.
>>
>>1799945
Well, it has to be in a time frame where emails and cellphones weren't common place.
>>
>>1799945
I think it might be a little earlier than 1998. To me, I feel like the author draws from her experiences of her time in Shirayuri Highschool. Passing down rosaries also seems a little dated to me. I would say it is set in early 1990.

Not sure if I am being delusional for thinking most authors write what they know/ experienced.
>>
>>1799945
Definitely somewhere between mid 90's and early 2000's, but we will never know exactly when.
>>
>>1799945
>>1799954
>>1800080
>>1800085

I feel it's possible to more or less deduce it based on many little details. I'm too lazy to actually reread the novels to try to do it, though, heh.

One thing I can tell you is that Subaru drives a Maserati 3200 GT in the anime. Whether you're willing to accept the anime as something that takes place at the same time as the novels is another matter. There's a good reason to assume that is the case, though: the first anime series aired in 2004 and 3200 GT was produced between 1998 and 2002. And with Kashiwagi being as fabulously flamboyant as he is it's a safe bet he would be driving the newest sports car.
>>
>>1799954
>it has to be in a time frame where emails and cellphones weren't common place.
I do remember Sachiko doesn't have a cellphone, but it's a rather common thing for traditional ojousama like her, even in 2000s. Is there any other characters that don't have a phone or don't know what emails are?
>>
>>1800329
Shizuka mentions emails to Yumi, but says that airmail and postcard are more convenient or something like that. No one at Lilians mentions or shows having a cellphone, at least in the anime.
>>
>>1800346
I'm not sure what to make of what Shizuka said.

But cellphone prohibition is normal in many Asian schools even right now, and was pretty much universal until 10 years ago, so I'm not surprised that Lilian students never seem to use them at school. Yumi and Sei did use a cellphone normally at home and on the street.
>>
>>1800382
I remember Yumi using a wireless phone at her house, but nothing else.
>>
>>1800346

Back in 1996 or 1997, or before widespread broadband some five or six years later, or even now before smartphones just a few years ago, quite possibly yes.

But then again lots of people prefer handwritten mail. And Rosa Canina always was the quirky one.
>>
>>1802028
Indeed. It's totally possible that Shizuka just didn't like email. But I'm pretty sure about the lack of cellphones.
>>
hey guys, there is a pdf version? or i just have to read it from baka-tsuki's webpage?
>>
>>1804027
There's a link to the epub version in the baka-tsuki page, I think.
>>
>>1804027
Here it is epub
http://ln.m-chan.org/v3/series.php?SID=40

Here it is pdf
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/m69j20mljmhp5
>>
>>1804031
>>1804033
Thanks!
>>
the one where noriko is introduced is not translated right?
>>
>>1804059

You're probably talking about 'The Cherry in the Ginkgoes', the oneshot that started the entire series. It's a shame Noriko got stripped of her protagonist role in the long term.

Anyway, it's translated. Vol 9, possibly my favorite. Have fun.
>>
>>1799945
Having just watched the first season last week, I remember seeing Yumi reading a book with the year 2004 on the cover. I guess the anime really is trying to give the impression of "now" as the time frame.

>captcha: 2004
Creepy.
>>
>>1798292

>Sachiko and Yumi don't like each other

Sure thing.
>>
>>1809938
If Sachiko likes Yumi so much, why doesn't she let her fuck her?
>>
>>1809973
Are we sure about that? We don't see all their time together, and Sachiko explicitly went to the affiliated college to stay close to Yumi. It's pretty hard to think about their relationship as just "platonic."
>>
>>1809973

Not all teens date. They're probably at that awkward period of mutual attraction but an inability to confess their affections.
>>
>>1799954
Also, Noriko emails Takuya in the novels, I think. The author talks about intentionally not mentioning cell phones at Lillian though.
>>
Do you guys pin Yoshino and Rei as a couple? I like them in a purely familial way
>>
>>1810296
>purely familial way
Why? Cousins isn't incest in Japan.
>>
>>1810296
Yeah. I actually ship Yoshino with Yuki.
>>
>>1799945
And what would do these days? Since all of them are at their 30s, and a girl at her 30s shall be married according to Japan...

How many of them would be married? How many would be working and making their ways? How many actually would say fxck the police and assumed their sexuality to the full?
>>
>>1810317
>a girl at her 30s shall be married according to Japan
Maybe in the early nineties.

I think it's safe to say that they are all single or fucking their respective girlfriends thanks to today's Japan's general indifference to dating and marriage.
>>
>>1810324
You're right and was my bad, I'm sorry.
>>
>>1810303

It is incest by definition, they're family. It is socially acceptable incest
>>
>>1810476
Is this an american thing? In my country no one gives a damn about cousins dating or marrying. Incest, legally speaking, between brothers and sisters or parents and children.
>>
>>1810486

It differs area to area. Even in Japan cousin incest has varying degrees of acceptance
>>
>>1810296
The early scene where Yoshino shows Rei her chest after the surgery was a little too sensual for me to consider them at all platonic.
>>
>>1810476
If you're going to say cousins is incest, why not second cousins? Why not third cousins? Fourth cousins, twice removed? How far does it go, anon? If you go far enough back, you share an ancestor with every member of the human race – nay, every single living organism on the entire planet.

Incest is relative. There is no such thing as "incest by definition", because there is no universal definition. There are certain relations that are universally agreed to be incest, yes – siblings, children – but cousins are not one of those. Some people feel that cousins are incest, some people don't. I personally feel that they are, because I'm an only child, and my cousins lived about half a block away from me when I was growing up, so they are like siblings to me. But another person might feel differently. And, as >>1810486 mentioned, there are also cultural attitudes.
>>
File: 012.jpg (43 KB, 712x480) Image search: [Google]
012.jpg
43 KB, 712x480
Just got to mid-season 2.

I noticed that Touko basically just looks like a higher-class Yumi (probably cause of the drills). They're almost like slightly defective clones of each other.
>>
>>1812067
>Incest is relative
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Yo, is this live-action shit worth looking at?

Also what was that bit in the light novel where Youko goes after Sachiko to get her as her panini sourskittle (or whatever the fuck you call it)? I can't remember what the fuck it was called or what volume it's in.
>>
Also the production value of the anime got noticeably higher in the fourth and final season.
>>
>>1812248
Not that anon, but he/she's right. The only universal incest definition across the world are ancestor/descendant and sibling/sibling relationships. First cousins are not seen as incest in most parts of the world, including Europe and Japan. Google "first cousin marriage" to see the map of countries where first cousins are legal.
>>
>>1812299
Jap live action stuff is almost never worth looking at, so no.

>>1813785
>Not that anon, but he/she's right.

I think they were pointing out the pun.
>>
>>1812246
Touko is Yumi's ID clinging to her onee-sama and shit.
>>
>>1812299
They nailed the height difference pretty well.
>>
>>1812299
They look so old. Aren't japanese girls eternally young until their late 40's or something? Has the Internet been lying to me all this time?
>>
>>1813788
>Jap live action stuff is almost never worth looking at, so no.
Would you say that objectively?
>>
>>1813833
Have you ever interacted with a human being outside of your family? Just asking.
>>
>>1813905
Did I need to specify that it was a joke?
>>
>>1813911
Apparently.
>>
>>1812246
I've always wondered about this. Why do their hair bow colors always change every day?
>>
>>1818834
They own multiple hair bows
>>
>>1818834
Thought it was a nice touch and who'd want to wear the same colored one each day?
>>
File: yumi_ribon_sp11.png (3 KB, 94x54) Image search: [Google]
yumi_ribon_sp11.png
3 KB, 94x54
>>1818834
>>1818905
As expected, there's a Japanese person in the internet who's autis- I mean dedicated enough to list their ribbon collection for all four seasons.
>http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~shigure/strangelove/yumi_ribbon.html
>http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~shigure/strangelove/yumi_ribbon_spring.html
>http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~shigure/strangelove/yumi_ribbon_ova.html
>http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~shigure/strangelove/yumi_ribbon_4th.html

>>1818912
Agreed. My favorite is the light blue frilled one, it looks so fancy.
>>
>>1819720
>all those colors
No wonder they're gay.
>>
Are the novels in Japanese available on the internet? Might be a good way for me to practice my moon.
>>
>>1822955
Nothing? Oh well.
>>
>>1823548

There's a limit to everything. All you had to do was go to nyaa and search for Marimite and instead of doing something that simple you got impatient after 12h. In your defence you could've found it by yourself in 50 seconds so 12h is a very long period of time compared to that.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=568747

If you're a beginner these won't be of any use to you anyway, Marimite isn't very easy to read.
>>
>>1824178
Wait, nyaa has books and stuff? Dammit I feel stupid right now.

Thanks a bunch onee-sama!
>>
File: phishing2.jpg (140 KB, 708x1000) Image search: [Google]
phishing2.jpg
140 KB, 708x1000
>>
>>1827236
Is there a bait meme picture for this? I could swear I saw one before but I haven't seen it since.
>>
File: yuri bait.jpg (89 KB, 721x692) Image search: [Google]
yuri bait.jpg
89 KB, 721x692
>>1827240
The usual yuri-edition bait pic used around here is this one. They wear the Lillian uniform too so maybe that's why you recognized it.
>>
File: 1428344684190.jpg (40 KB, 760x760) Image search: [Google]
1428344684190.jpg
40 KB, 760x760
>>1827240
Yes, maa'm
>>
>>1827258
Thank you onee-sama!
>>
File: Yoshino.gif (480 KB, 200x152) Image search: [Google]
Yoshino.gif
480 KB, 200x152
Yoshino :^)
>>
>>1830083
ZETTAI HANTAI
>>
Why is Sachko such a bitch sometimes?
>>
>>1832907
She's straight.
>>
>>1832907
It's a classic onee-sama tactic. Be as aloof as possible, then throw a tantrum once in awhile. That way it's your imouto who'll take care of your delicate feelings instead, though you'll need a particularly patient imouto to pull it off.
>>
>>1812299
Is it the porno or the tv series?
>>
>>1833024
Some people know how to make emotional abuse look romantic.
>>
>>1833028
There's a porno?
>>
>>1833032
Yeah. I'm not gonna lie though, I find it weird as fuck.
>>
>>1833032
>>1833034
So I looked it up (I was curious) and found out that there is not only one Marimite parody AV, but two. The first one is full lesbian while the other is futa for some reason. I think I'll watch the first one for the novelty one day but still, what the fuck?
>>
>>1832926
I'm sure she's bi, at least.
>>
File: OTP.png (538 KB, 787x513) Image search: [Google]
OTP.png
538 KB, 787x513
Just started watching this and it's better than expected. But does the yuri ever develop into an actual relationship?
>>
>>1834638
Read it at your own risk: No. There is only one canonical relationship and you don't get to see much of it. The girls are pretty gay between each other, but nothing happens beyond the "Onee-sama" thing.
>>
File: Morita 2.png (79 KB, 345x251) Image search: [Google]
Morita 2.png
79 KB, 345x251
>>1834854
>>
>>1834857
I did warn you about reading the spoiler.
>>
>>1834854
>not knowing that they fuck like rabbits literally every second offscreen
Onee-sama pls
>>
>>1834868
Oh, I know that. I did say "canonically".

Sachiko and Yumi are basically a married couple by the end of season 2. When season 4 rolls around, they are looking for a threesome (Touko), et cetera, et cetera.
>>
>>1834871
>Sachiko and Yumi are basically a married couple by the end of season 2.
Oh I remember that near miss kiss. It proved that Sachiko is capable of being gay too.
>>
>>1835040
Well, capable of giving Yumi table scraps of affection to further her mind games and keep Yumi from finding a girlfriend.
>>
>>1835060
I'll have you know, those table scraps were very delicious.

And she does get Touko in the end.
>>
>>1833487
I had no idea there was a second one...*squirms*

I don't mind porn, but the idea of Marimite porn just makes me squeamish.
>>
>>1835132
>*squirms*
>>>>>>>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>1835060
I get the impression you don't like Sachiko much. Personally I love the repressed onee-sama thing where you're just waiting to see how long it's going to take them to break and ravish their petit souer. Like that oneshot where the characters are totally just clones of Sachiko and Yumi.

However, I also love where they're repressed to the point of being broken and have to be taught how to love. Basically, it works for me on every level.
>>
>>1835154
Me too anon. Although I love her aloof and playing hard to get side too.
>>
Did yumis brother get that she was gay, or did he just think "Oh, going on dates with other girls is just a normal thing. Nothing to be concerned with."
>>
>>1835427
He was pretty gay for Sachiko's cousin, he wasn't in a position to complain.
>>
>>1835154
Actually, I just find the idea of Sachiko emotionally abusing and manipulating Yumi insanely hot.
>>
>>1835451
Honestly, it's something I would usually find hot, but I mostly imagine Sachiko as being pretty fucked up to the point of being eternally miserable herself and just want Yumi to make things better. They may be a little sacrosanct to me because babby's first yuri ship.
>>
>>1835427
I don't think Yumi gets that she's gay yet.
>>
>>1835506
What does a household have to be like that both the son and daughter are gay? I bet it must be like heaven.
>>
>>1835592
Well, they are twins.

Wait, are they twins? I don't really remember it being ever mentioned.
>>
>>1835631

They aren't twins, they were just born in the same year.

>>1835427

Yuuki kissed more guys in his own spinoff than Yumi ever will in hers (well, more girls in Yumi's case) so it's not like he's one to talk.
>>
>>1835592
It's not that rare for a family to have more than 1 gay child.

But this is Japan. Yumi and her brother are going to marry and have children regardless of their sexuality.
>>
>>1835870
>Yuuki kissed more guys in his own spinoff than Yumi ever will in hers
Context?

>>1835890
>Japan
>marrying
>>
>>1835890
I can't see Yumi marrying out of duty.
>>
>>1835900
It would definitely break her heart, but she is a good girl and would do what is needed. She is basically going to repeat what that older couple did. They both had families of their own, but on their deathbed, they needed each other one last time to die in peace. And then Tohko is going to go through the same hell too. Poor girls.
>>
>>1835893
>Context?

Sorry, I can't fully answer that. Haven't read the novels myself. I heard if from an acquaintance of mine who did. At first I thought she's pulling my leg but after doing some research of my own it seemed legit.

Googling it now tells me Yuuki actually kissed Kashiwagi when Kashiwagi graduated.
But, well, this is arguably the wrong board for this, heh.
>>
>>1835919
That's interesting. I've always thought of him as a somewhat counterpart to Sei. Their relationships with the siblings were also similar.
>>
>>1835900
But the pressure to do so would be unimaginable, and that future would have been what she expected all along.

Japan traditionally has an attitude of society's needs >>> individuals needs, and to act otherwise is selfish and wrong.

However, if someone gives her a push in the right direction...
>>
>>1835975
I've always seen Yumi as being reasonably quiet, but strong willed. I can't see her marrying for anything other than love and since she seems pretty gay it would probably be a woman. Sort of an "I would do anything for familial love, but I won't do that". That's what has always set her apart from Sachiko in my mind, who is clearly wilful and just stubborn but ground down by her background.
>>
>>1835975
Marimite isn't set in the twenties, you know.

>>1835993
Yeah, one of the joys of the series is how Yumi actually possesses a self-esteem.
>>
>>1835904
>>>/a/
>>
>>1836017

>Yeah, one of the joys of the series is how Yumi actually possesses a self-esteem.

More like how she gains self-esteem. She starts out with no self-esteem whatsoever.
>>
>>1836146
She just needed a while to adjust to the lifestyles of the rich and famous.
>>
>>1836017
>>1836146
>>mfw Yumi gains self-esteem probably around the time she goes to that summer vacation with Sachico and probably had [Refined] love making till morning.
>>
>>1835904
But this is set in modern Japan, where marriage and birth rates are notoriously low. And, unlike Sachiko and Touko, Yumi doesn't belong to a high-class super elite family. It's safe to say that there's very little pressure on her to marry at all.

However, there's still the tragedy of Sachiko, and probably Touko too being married off. That's the downside of having rich girlfriends, I guess.
>>
>>1836853
Well Touko doesn't seem too keen on conforming, so there's that.
>>
>>1839046
She was the one specifically saying she thought about marrying in order to save the hospital.
>>
>>1839052
She should marry Sachiko. That would solve everything, right?
>>
>>1839054
>NTR end

Do not want.
>>
>>1839075
Then Yumi has two rich ojou-samas at her beck and call who are safe from the heterosexual menace.
>>
File: bocchi.png (198 KB, 608x466) Image search: [Google]
bocchi.png
198 KB, 608x466
Lesbian polygamic relationships sure are interesting.

I wish I was in one too, but I should probably learn how to make friends first.
>>
>>1843790
>lonely Bocchi
This is a meme I could get behind.
>>
>>1843793
Will Bocchi become our Feelguy?
>>
>>1843790
I'm lonely too, so I'd be your friend!
>>
>>1839183
But if the two rich ojou-samas have each other, what use will they have for a plebeian like Yumi other than to seriously cramp their style?
>>
>>1844035
Everyone knows ojou-samas love a bit of rough.
>>
>>1844035
Sex, obviously.

And I'm disappointed by the fact that I can't find even a single threesome pic of them.
>>
>>1844035
>implying those two worthless preppies could achieve anything without Yumi's sound middle class values to guide them
>>
>>
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 546x912) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 546x912
>>1849922

Best couple. Hands down.
>>
>>1850122
Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qvq_2DpaiA
>>
>>1833024
That doesn't sound like a very healthy relationship to me.
>>
>>1854476
>"onee−sama relationship"
>healthy
>>
>>1854479
They can be, but the ones that /u/ loves and fetishes about are usually not.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3YIwmFgAE

Probably my favorite anime scene right here, Rosa Canina was an intriguing character from the outset with her amazing date with Shimako in S2 and then stole the show in the Italy ep. with this.
>>
So...
Have the novels ended? ;_; Just like that, not with a bang but with a whimper? I never heard any news regarding that but this will be the third year without a single novel and of all the titles that could've been used the last published novel is called 'Farewell Bouquet'.

In unrelated news I downloaded some radio CDs from a site linked in our drama CD thread (>>1854261) and they're kinda fun. I'm always torn when I recommend Marimite to people - on one hand I feel the adaptation is kinda subpar, on the other the cast is simply spectacular. Ueda Kana, Mamiko Noto, Itou Shizuka, Toyoguchi Megumi, Nabatame Hitomi, Kugimiya Rie, Koshimizu Ami, Satou Rina and many more.
I guess that's half of what I liked about the CD, the seiyuu-ota part of me was really pleased with all these blockbuster names. The mini drama segments were pretty amusing, too. Since Marimite has fair share of drama/angst it's nice to 'see' some comedy for a change.
The CDs had some nice post editing, too. Lots of added sound effects and the tracks get changed according to situation. I'm not sure if this is actually common, I think all radio CDs I've ever listened to were unedited period. Makes me wanna go listen to an actual recording of the Marimite radio.
>>
>>1856645
Yeah, the novel series has officially ended awhile ago in 2012. End as in the story's complete. Of course the translations haven't gotten to that point yet.
>>
Just rewatched the forest of thorns arc. I still cry every time I watched it. This series will always have a special place in my heart.
>>
Are there any recommended Maria-sama stories involving Yumi and Sachiko with Sachiko being dominate/domming over Yumi? T to M or higher would be good too if anyone knows any like that.
>>
>>1857677
Good luck finding anything decent with Yumi and Sachiko tbh. They seem to be pretty unpopular among the people who can actually write things.
>>
>>1856645
Are there more of this pic out there?
>>
>>1858491

There's some fanart if you'll dig hard enough.
Those two cards were included in the radio CDs. They are based on 'Mahou Shoujo Shimako' corners where Shimako is a klutzy magical girl (Giga Giga Gigantea~).
>>
>>1856645
>Kugimiya Rie
I literally just found out that she's Touko's voice. Even though her roles in the other shows I've watched sound pretty similar, somehow I never made the connection.

>inb4 slowpoke.jpg
>>
>>1861278
Didn't tsundeRie ring a bell or two?
>>
>>1864539
it's also one of the reasons Saki/Marimite crossover art was/is so common too.
>>
>>1856650
Aw that is too bad! I mean, I was expecting the series to end soon, but it is still sad! I wonder what the last three novels are about. I have absolutely no clue. Still want to see Yumi, Shimako, and Yoshino leading the Yamiyurikai...
>>
>>1864572
I'm under the impression that the last novels are about them leading since Sachiko and Rei have left some volumes ago.
>>
File: 1.jpg (91 KB, 818x700) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
91 KB, 818x700
>>
File: 2.jpg (89 KB, 910x644) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
89 KB, 910x644
>>
File: 3.jpg (97 KB, 628x750) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
97 KB, 628x750
>>
>>1870925
>>1870926
>>1870927
Cute
>>
Anybody happen to have any high res marimite wallpapers?

cute preferred :^)
>>
Where the hell are all the BD subs by Doremi for season 4? I've seen them on some streaming sites, but I'd prefer have them on my computer for storaging.
>>
>>1878486
There are BD subs?
>>
>>1776600
>tfw emotionally and mentally depending on reading marimite to run away from shits in real life
>just finished volume 26 and it took me about 3weeks to come this far
>relieved from stress and depression and also never smoked once during this period
>now it's coming to an end and im panicked
>cannot read more, afraid of this euphoria ending
Where to go from now anons ;_;
>>
So is this show almost entirely subtext aside from the one pair? And does it have some sad or fucked up ending?
>>
>>1879193
>So is this show almost entirely subtext aside from the one pair?
There's several relationships of varying degrees of subtext, and the one explicitly lesbian one which ends unhappily, but the girl we're rooting for grows past it and it turns even gayer. There are multiple kisses in the show, and not the 'accidental kiss, lol' kind.

>And does it have some sad or fucked up ending?
No
>>
>>1776600

>Triple doubles
Nice hat placement for 4chan's birthday.
>>
>>1879218
So basically, they're clearly gay, just not the explicit, "hi we're gay," kind? Cool. Time to check nyaa. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>1879431
Not really, they act gay, feel gay, but it never is acknowledged in-universe. There is only one canonical lesbian and is just the backstory from one of the leads and it ends badly because the other girl choose God instead of the girl.
>>
File: kodomo.gif (492 KB, 530x300) Image search: [Google]
kodomo.gif
492 KB, 530x300
>mfw after marathoning all four seasons
Why does it have to end? LNs where?
>>
File: 444.jpg (50 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
444.jpg
50 KB, 720x480
>>
>>1880999

Bakatsuki. You should be capable of using google.
They aren't fully translated yet, though.
>>
>>1879431
>So basically, they're clearly gay, just not the explicit, "hi we're gay," kind?
Uh, not exactly? Instead it's more "huh, the protagonist sure seems to spend a lot of time talking about how beautiful her senpai is" and "These girls must be really good friends, look at how they spend all this time alone together during and after school". Pretty much anyone with even the lowest-grade yuri goggles can see them as being gay, but at the same time a straight girl could easily rationalize it as just intimate friendship and nothing more.
>>
>>1881925
I would argue that Yumi is a lesbian given how much she adores her Onee-sama's assets.Her type is pretty much her Onee-sama which Yuuki lampshades.

Speaking of Yuuki, translation for Oshaka-sama mo Miteru when?
>>
>>1882828
Yeah, plus how she kisses Sei on the lips before her graduation. "Rosa Canina" is pretty damn gay too.

Still, none of them ever become a couple, so I bet people rationalize it away as 'just a phase'.
>>
File: seixyumi2.jpg (47 KB, 638x477) Image search: [Google]
seixyumi2.jpg
47 KB, 638x477
>>1883003
>plus how she kisses Sei on the lips before her graduation
Nnnnot quite. Was really close though.
Unless you mean she hit the mark in the novels? I haven't read them.
>>
>>1883020
It's the same as the novels. Although it's kinda gay on Yumi's part.
> (This is infidelity. Yumi-san!)
> With the ghost of Yoshino-san nagging at her from behind, Yumi weaved her way back to the desk.
>>
Didn't the creator say that everyone was straight? In fact I think she hated the idea of her work being thought of as yuri
>>
>>1883279
>everyone was straight
> has a bona fide lesbian in the cast
>>
>>1883279
She feels (or at least pretends to) honoured to get Marimite be considered yuri by fans, but states that she did not made it with that intention in mind. Also yes, she basically says the girls will move on and get married at some point, or that's what you can interpret from that interview she gave.

She's a fujo so Oshaka-sama mo Miteru got more homolust than Marimite itself, I mean, Kashiwagi is even an outed homo while no one of the girl cast is.
>>
>>1883330

Link?
>>
>>1883330
>she basically says the girls will move on and get married at some point
She said that 'naturally' girls in those kind of schools will move on and marry but didn't say anything about the characters in particular, which I think is a good move since that'll piss off everyone.
>>
>>1883343
Yeah, she implied they will go get married but was subtle enough to keep the most deluded fans happy, or something like that. She's a bitch.
>>
>>1883343
She'd being diplomatic, we all know that's what she expects of all of them.
>>
The Sachiko and Yumi kissed at some point?
>>
>>1883330
>while no one of the girl cast is.
Who is Sei Satou?
>>
>>1883756
Sadly, no.
>>
>>1883787
Firstly, Sei was never outed as a lesbian, either by herself or by someone else, and neither stated by the author, thus not canon. Secondly, Konno said she didn't know if Sei's love was romantic love, and implied that the female cast was going to marry men when she mentioned the "natural course of actions" thingy.
>>
>>1884894
You mean Kashiwagi is publicly outed in the spin-off? Because he's clearly closeted in Marimite and even wanted to marry Sachiko to maintain appearances, so that's weird.
I want source on those statements regarding Sei, because it sounds ridiculous and I know how people on the internet are quick to believe unconfirmed stuff, specially if it angers them.
>>
>>1884916
I think anon may not be wrong, or not far off the mark at least. It's all in the same interview, I don't know if it was linked it this thread or not. I don't have it offhand and the archive is down. :(
>>
>>1884916
>>1884917
Regardless of what her true opinions are, I remember that those statements were carefully worded so that none of them directly tell anything about the characters' future and that everything's open for interpretation. But of course people here will interpret them as "yep they're all 100% straight, abandon ship".
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.