[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was he so perfect in Pulp Fiction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: John-Travolta.jpg (958 KB, 2400x3065) Image search: [Google]
John-Travolta.jpg
958 KB, 2400x3065
Why was he so perfect in Pulp Fiction?
>>
>>72117849
Cocaine
>>
>>72117849
Adele Dazeem
>>
>C'mon dude, let me jerk you off!
>>
Cause Vincent Vega is a slimeball played John Travolta who is a slimeball who doesn't know he's a slimeball
>>
>>72117849
Direction. I know people don't like QT (his best work is Jackie Brown, this is 100% fact), but the man gets amazing performances out of his actors. I suspect he has a whole 'image' of a character inside his head.
>>
>>72119384

Whenever i see QT I picture him as a tall yellow dog that talks and makes movies
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCiPy0q5588
>>
File: marvin.webm (2 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
marvin.webm
2 MB, 1280x544
>>
File: Tom Cruising.jpg (198 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Tom Cruising.jpg
198 KB, 768x1024
>>72117849
Healthy workouts every day.
>>
>>72117849
He wrote it for travolta didn't he?
>>
>>72120702
the role was originally for Daniel Day Lewis actually
>>
>>72120238
I laughed so fucking much when I first saw thsi
>>
>>72117849
Because he's actually a decent actor. He was great in Carrie, grease and face off.

The dudes just weird as fuck
>>
>>72120238
Sometimes I wonder if he didn't pull the trigger on purpose. His finger didn't exactly tense up because of a road bump. That was a deliberate squeeze.
>>
>>72122059
If you watch it without sound it looks like he intentionally shoots him
>>
>>72119384
Why is a autist like QT good at directing actors, while another autist like George Lucas is so bad?
I've always felt like directing actors is a woman's job: all that dealing with feelings and social dynamics, blocking and where people are sitting... all stuff peeps with Autism would SUCK at
>>
>>72122120
Why are some autists capable of drawing entire detailed city skylines from memory while others' contributions to the art world are badly drawn Sonic self-inserts?

Autism's just the word we picked for people who are retarded and crazy at the same time.
>>
>>72122171
Nah, I always thought one of the lowest common denominators of people with High Functioning Autism was poor social skills.

How can you accurately or emotively reproduce social intercourse and the emotions of others if you're so singularly focused on your own weird interests that you fail to register the gamut of emotions and interactions going on around you?
>>
>>72122260
Maybe he's not autistic and just weird. He has a full understanding of others and how they think; he just chooses to do his own thing.

Too he's kind of fucked up because his mother was a coalburning whore. He might just be a little nuts or even just awkward when he's on camera.
>>
File: 1284619694066.jpg (36 KB, 595x599) Image search: [Google]
1284619694066.jpg
36 KB, 595x599
>>72122297
>Maybe he's not autistic and just weird.
>Too he's kind of fucked up because his mother was a coalburning whore.

Yeah I'll go with that. Don't answer my question, but it'll do.
>>
>>72122333
It's the best I can do. His writing shows he has or at least had an understanding of human interaction. His dialog alone is famous for being notably good. So he's definitely registering the gamut of emotions and interactions, probably moreso than other people.

It could be a somewhat paradoxical form of Asperger's where his fixation happened to be social interaction itself. He can't do it himself, but he can sure as hell portray it.
>>
>>72119384
This, same thing he did with Waltz. The duo just worked great with Jackson and Travolta.
>>
>>72122427
>but he can sure as hell portray it.
I have to admit I'm mot on board with this. I mean he writes a lot of dialogue about pop culture, and yeah the tone and the flow of it is natural. But like, only nerds talk the way characters do in Tarantino films.

I mean a table of grown men analyzing the lyrics of a Madonna song?
Two hitmen discussing the minutia of Fast Food in Amsterdam
The incredibly geeky division of all people into either Elvis or Beatles fans?

Like I said the flow, the cadences, the back and forth sounds natural, especially by cinema standards (le cinéma du artifice mon dieu baguette) -- but the content, like these aren't real people.

Not disagreeing with you: just not sure myself.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.