[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a film with a worse fanbase than idiocracy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12
Is there a film with a worse fanbase than idiocracy?
>>
>>72111578
Shut up fag...with your...fag gay mouth...fag
>>
LOTR
>>
Zootopia
>>
Reminder that Idiocracy is not making fun of people who stupid, but rather people who feel like they're a "lost soul special snowflake" amidst their generation.

Anyone who likes it for it's """"commentary"""" is probably missing the point and is, ironically, who the movie is actually making fun of.
>>
The Dark Knight Rises
>>
>>72111578
the entire MCU
>>
>>72111578
i like it because it's funny
>>
Batman V Superman
>>
>>72111852
You take that back! Now!
>>
>>72111578
Atlas Shrugged
>>
GhostBusters 2016
>>
>>72111901
Look man I like King of the Hill too but Mike Judge is really fucking stupid sometimes.
>>
At first I thought it was pretty good, but the rape scene really just comes out of nowhere and ruins the tone for the rest of the film
>>
>>72111999
Nice trips, but not enough people saw that movie to have a fanbase
>>
File: 1323584760725.gif (1 MB, 350x219) Image search: [Google]
1323584760725.gif
1 MB, 350x219
>>72111964
>>
File: dubs 1.jpg (113 KB, 1600x990) Image search: [Google]
dubs 1.jpg
113 KB, 1600x990
>>72111999
>>72112000
>>
DUDE TYPOS ARE THE END OF CIVILIZATION LMAO
I love mike judge but this movie is insufferable
>>
>>72111901
mother
fucking
this
>>
>>72112108
not
mother
fudging
this
>>
Amazing Spiderman 2
>>
>>72111945
DUDE, MESSIAH SYMBOLISM. SO DEEP LMAO
>>
>>72111578
God's Not Dead

>>72111852
This too
>>
>>72113618
>God's Not Dead

That has a fanbase that isn't purely ironic?
>>
>>72111690
>implying LOTR threads aren't some of the best on the board
>>
>>72111690
>LOTR

Of all the fanbases out there it's definetly one of the least bad. Especially on this board.
>>
File: Atheists btfo.jpg (80 KB, 565x439) Image search: [Google]
Atheists btfo.jpg
80 KB, 565x439
>>72113618
>God's Not Dead
>Fanbase
I don't know though, I used to know people who actually liked To Save a Life. So it's possible.
>>
>>72111690
You're not wrong also Twilight, Harry Potter, and a majority of Superhero movies. Avengers, Batman Series. Mockingjay.
>>
>>72111901
I read that theory on reddit too.

It's our fault society is dumb because we aren't walking around with Bill Nye t-shirts and fedoras advertising atheism.
>>
>>72111901
Yeah but Joe is described as extraordinarily average in the beginning.
>>
>>72111578
How does it have a bad fanbase? It's really not that big, and pretty much the only thing that comes of it is "wow we're turning into idiocracy!"
>>
File: chuckle01.gif (2 MB, 308x214) Image search: [Google]
chuckle01.gif
2 MB, 308x214
>>72114096
>>
File: disgust.jpg (7 KB, 200x192) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
7 KB, 200x192
>tfw all the liberal millennial fags who think they're "smarter than average" always unironically compare the current state of affairs to Idiocracy, especially when an election is around the corner
>>
>>72115199
But they're unironically correct in that comparison, frog poster.
>>
>>72115323
No they're not.

The world is becoming more and more educated and advanced. IQ scores are continually rising. There's no metric that shows that the population is becoming closer to the retardation shown in Idiocracy.

There even comes a point when using the Idiocracy maymay becomes retarded in itself due to overuse. It's not a fucking cutting-edge observation.
>>
>>72111901
guess you missed the first 3 minutes of the movie
>>
File: 1468700455525.jpg (161 KB, 728x1484) Image search: [Google]
1468700455525.jpg
161 KB, 728x1484
>>72115199
I know that feel

Fucking youtube comments
>>
>>72115395
>There's no metric that shows that the population is becoming closer to the retardation shown in Idiocracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GmiLUCrxUI
>>
>>72115596
This is exactly what I was talking about.

Playing Pokemon GO is in no way retarded and has no relation to Idiocracy. I personally don't play it because it doesn't appeal to me but I understand that a lot of people play video games as a hobby and enjoy them.

There's probably some irony in there that a lot of these smug 17 year olds who have it all worked out and think that we're not far off Idiocracy are actually playing Pokemon GO.
>>
>>72115395
We're about to elect a billionaire reality show star as president.
>>
>>72116381
>purposely omitting 'businessman' and 'political pundit'

He's not going to win anyway.
>>
>>72112101
...that's not even in the movie
>>
>>72115596
Humankind created smartphones, and coded an app, to play a dumbass monster catching game.

We'll always do stupid shit, but if we're creating more advanced ways to do stupid shit, it's hard to say IQ is declining
>>
>>72116381
trump is taking a dive for shillary
>>
>>72111578
fight club
>>
>>72115596
You were born yesterday.
>>
>>72111964
This
>>
>>72116381
>>72116448
>>72117438
Here comes Reddit!
>>
>>72116448
>He's not going to win anyway

im not so sure about that, folks
>>
>>72111578
2001 A Space Odyssey.

Utter trash filmed that gets praised for being "SO T3H DEEPZORZ" when it's actually fucking nothing.
>>
>>72111901
You are thinking of Office Space, Mike Judge's other movie.
>>
>>72119232
This
>>
>>72116381
That's not an argument, all of those were good things you just said about future President WWE Hall of Fame member Trump.
>>
>>72115199
but even the writer agrees
>>
>>72111578
I thought the problem with this movie was that while it tried to criticize the modern fast food culture, it ended up being just as stupid as the things it was poking fun at. There is no difference between the stupidity of what the movie is portraying and the movie itself, if you get my meaning. It doesn't laugh at them, it laughs with them.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 500x381
Fun fact: Maya Rudolph's mother is nigger Minnie Ripperton.
>>
>>72120756
>nigger Minnie Ripperton.

As opposed to cracker Minnie Riperton?
>>
File: Ringstrilogyposter.jpg (37 KB, 350x302) Image search: [Google]
Ringstrilogyposter.jpg
37 KB, 350x302
>>72111578
Lord of the Rings

Fucking uneducated neckbeards convinced this is the greatest trilogy ever written while having never read any other trilogy outside dungeons and dragons level fiction.
>>
>>72116381
When was Hillary on a reality show?
>>
>>72111578
I do not understand this meme that Idiocracy is a shit movie, nor do I desire to.
>>
>>72120976
A lot of people on /tv resemble the stupid idiots that get mocked at in the movie.

Example

>Love of teeth rotting sodas
>Believing its healthy cause the can says so
>Do nothing but watch tv

Yeah /tv would get offended by this masterpiece.
>>
>>72119232
Unironically, not even "le ebin meeming", this.

It's Reddit-bait, Babby's-First-Movie, yet everyone pisses their pants when they tune it on TCM.

Kubrick is schlocky as fuck.
>>
>>72120929
http://moneynation.com/hillary-clinton-net-worth/
She made minor appearances in a bunch of stuff sometime between freeing rapists while laughing at victims and giving away classified emails.
>>
>>72120881
>>72111690

This. If atheists think bible-fags are blinded sheep, this makes emotionally stunted neckbeards look like ISIS and Taliban had an unaborted demon baby.

M-muh deepness! Dolgien! Led me zug your deeg! xDDD

Tolkien was a shitty fucking writer. He was a linguist, NOT an author. His stories are so convoluted and inane that only a fucking child would comprehend it as "high literature".

We get it, you nostalgia-loving millenials. You think liking LOTR makes you seem "in touch" and "approachable", but LOTR is, hands down, NOT worthy of a top twenty playlist about ANYTHING.

If it was released today, it'd be sitting on the shelf RIGHT next to Eragon and "Davidia The Corgonian Slayer of Halzorth's Harlgarthica Transfer".
>>
>>72111578
I've never even seen evidence that it has a fanbase, much less evidence that they're annoying people. I like the movie though.
>>
>>72111930
You misspelled DCucks
>>
>>72115033
Joe literally spells out the message of the movie at the end. He was average, but the point was that instead of leading or following, he always got out of the way. His character arc in the movie is realizing that he needs to step up. So the message of the movie is that people need to lead or follow, and not just be apathetic. Even if you're an average person. The "dumb people breeding more" society was just the comedy setting, they're not even bad people.
>>
>>72115395
>IQ scores are continually rising
Someone hasn't been paying attention
>>
>>72111578
Drive.
Ryan Gosling is as overrated as the Beatles
>>
>>72111578
Straight outta compton
>>
>>72121366
How the fuck is that pronounced? D-C ucks? D-cucks?
>>
>>72111930
>>72121366

I'd say it's entire capeshit fanbase.

Generic watch once entertainment with no artistic value and very rarely any thought provoking content.

>>72121299
>Tolkien was a shitty fucking writer. He was a linguist, NOT an author. His stories are so convoluted and inane that only a fucking child would comprehend it as "high literature".

>If it was released today, it'd be sitting on the shelf RIGHT next to Eragon and "Davidia The Corgonian Slayer of Halzorth's Harlgarthica Transfer".

LOTR created entire high fantasy genre as we know it. Movies are massively overrated, just the fact that those were released as very different cuts for DVD release indicates that theatrical release versions were shit.

Ironically LOTR isn't even Tolkiens best work. His true masterpiece is mythology and world behind it. All those autistic details like invented languages, history and etc. Honestly even Tolkiens own life and all the speculation how it influenced LOTR are more interesting than LOTR itself. Survivor trauma from WWI, all existing mythologies and folk stories he used as source material for LOTR.
>>
>>72122124
>LOTR created entire high fantasy genre as we know it

This fucking argument, every fucking time. Just because it was the basis for WoW and Dungeons and Dragons does NOT make it good writing. And attention to detail is NOT an acceptable substitute for a drivable plot.

He's got a good imagination, and he's a very intelligent man, no doubt, but he has no authority when it comes to writing with good narrative in mind.
>>
>>72121169

Stop memespouting you dork.
>>
>>72122200
>This fucking argument, every fucking time. Just because it was the basis for WoW and Dungeons and Dragons does NOT make it good writing.

There wouldn't be generic fantasy novels as we know 'em like Eragon. You compared LOTR to it's generic 3rd rate copies.

>And attention to detail is NOT an acceptable substitute for a drivable plot.

I agree. It took me several tries to actually read the whole thing, but I still at least try understand why a lot of people rate the book as highly as they do.

Hobbit as book is much better than LOTR. Turning it into movie trilogy on the other hand...

Personally I prefer Howards Conans over all works of Tolkien. Shit writen for words per cents or was it other way around tend to have some authenticity.
>>
>>72121299
The Hobbit was fucking excellent mate, and is possibly the most whimsically written book I've ever read.

The Lord of the Rings series however was utter shit and I couldn't get through the second book.
>>
File: Albert Camus Letter.jpg (173 KB, 1600x826) Image search: [Google]
Albert Camus Letter.jpg
173 KB, 1600x826
The funniest thing about this movie is that it perpetuates the dumb redneck meme, who impregnates his own cousin four times. Nearly everyone except the president is White.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unoMMru4-c0

That's kind of strange, considering:
1) White fertility rates are among some of the lowest in the world.
2) Low IQ-scores are rampant not in White communities but in non-East Asian, non-White communities instead.
3) Even inbreeding is almost non-existent in White countries and is most prevalent in Muslim countries. Over 50% of marriages in Pakistan are consanguineous.

Idiocracy is much, much more likely to happen through the USA becoming majority non-White. The idea it would happen due to rednecks outbreeding smart, rich whites is ridiculous. That honestly makes it all the funnier when people think that electing Trump, a candidate who wants to limit immigration is a scenario consistent with Idiocracy when it in fact directly counters it. >>72116381

It's similar to Elysium in that regard, which people hold up as criticism of restrictive border policy, when it in fact portrays the USA as a sandy shithole which has been overrun by the population of Latin America.
>>
Cloud Atlas.
>>
>>72111578
Minions.
>>
>>72111578
any capeshit
>>
BvS
>>
>>72121366

Still salty BvS was better than Civil War? Man you need to move on
>>
>>72123633

Had they showed up the negroes and latinos being the retarded ones having tons of kids, the movie would have literally censored and I'm not memeing here. Simply that's something you're not allowed to say. But if you know anything about overpopulation, you know who is problem and how the shit in the film is completely right. Just imagine them as they are in real life instead of how the producers were forced to show them
>>
>>72111578
GoT
>>
>>72123633
>The funniest thing about this movie is that it perpetuates the dumb redneck meme, who impregnates his own cousin four times.

Like most other stereotypes dumb redneck is based on reality. There are stupid white people as well as even stupider colored people.

>That's kind of strange, considering:
>1) White fertility rates are among some of the lowest in the world.
>2) Low IQ-scores are rampant not in White communities but in non-East Asian, non-White communities instead.
>3) Even inbreeding is almost non-existent in White countries and is most prevalent in Muslim countries. Over 50% of marriages in Pakistan are consanguineous.

If they had used Jose Miquel Sanchez, Tyrone DeShawn Johnson or Mohammed bin Goatlover as example of stupid cousing fucker.. movie would have never been greenlit.

>The idea it would happen due to rednecks outbreeding smart, rich whites is ridiculous.

Uneducated shits outbreed educaded folks regardless of race, it's not that farfetched.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.