[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Disney ever adapt this into a movie or miniseries?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Will Disney ever adapt this into a movie or miniseries?
>>
>>72110161
Hopefully not. They'll just fuck it up. Don Rosa was to good for Disney. And America.
>>
>>72110161
I tried reading them and every single story is just "muh money". It got so fucking tedious.
>>
File: p12675_p_v8_aa.jpg (685 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p12675_p_v8_aa.jpg
685 KB, 960x1440
>>72110161
Movie came out in 1990. There was a television series too.
>>
>>72110161
ROSA A SHIT. BARKS FOR LIFE.

FUCKING YUROKEKS. ROSA WILL NEVER REPLACE BARKS.

BUD SAGENDORF WILL NEVER REPLACE EC SEGAR.

YES I KNOW THEY WERE ALL AMERICAN BUT ONLY YUROPOORS LIKE BUD AND DON ROSA.
>>
>>72110570
They're both great anon.
>>
>>72110508
It's not nearly the same.
Disney is making new Ducktales shit, but it will never adapt the much superior Carl Barks/Don Rosa universe because they continually underestimate the genuine literary appeal of those stories and that of their own audience.
>>
>>72110429
they're aimed at children anon
>>
>>72110429
you're so wrong, anon
>>
>>72110161
Anyone know if there's any currently in-print collections of these available? I've been meaning to read through them.
>>
>>72113058
This isn't an argument. Tell me how I'm wrong. Literally every story I read revolved around him lamenting over money. It was the same shit over and over.
>>
>>72110429
>>72114639
t. woman or fag
>>
>>72114452
I think IDW re-issued it now that they have the US comic rights to the the Disney comics. They've been churning out a lot of collections of the old Barks/Rosa stuff since scoring the US rights.
>>
>>72115027
ah thanks, good then I'll need to take a trip to my comic shop to inquire further
>>
>>72110508

I watched in hd for a little nostalgia

they have sped it up
>>
>>72110355
>to
>>
>>72110355
>implying Disney won't start workin on the adaptation as soon as he dies
>>
Is Scrooge the strongest Disney character?
>>
>>72111707
Get the fuck out with your moderate opinions, you must participate in the flame wars
>>
It could work if they were humans instead of ducks
>>
>>72114452
Just pirate them in PDF form. Don Rosa doesn't get a cut of the sales
>>
>>72110161
No, and if they do they will probably screw it up
>>
>>72117113

Nah, that would still be Mickey.

Scrooge is the most intriguing one though.
>>
Probably never.

Disney hates Don Rosa and Don Rosa hates them.
>>
>>72119980
Mickey is a Gary-Stu
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.