[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people saying that Ghostbusters flopped? Literally just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: ghostbusters-full-new-img.jpg (1 MB, 1693x1074) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters-full-new-img.jpg
1 MB, 1693x1074
Why are people saying that Ghostbusters flopped? Literally just released and already made 50 million on the US alone and approximately 17 million on a limited chinese release. No numbers for the rest of the world.

But 67 millions for a 150 millions budget 2 days after release isnt bad at all, the film will stay in cinemas for a month minimum, surely it will break even
>>
>>72107591
Extrapolate. It needs at least 5000 million to break even. It's not even funny.
>>
>>72107591

I'm just mad that everyone is shouting shit like "WE DID IT! IT FLOPPED!", as if thats a good thing...feminist and liberal media will simply use its failure as fuel to say that the people are still super sexist and that the wage gap is real yadayadayada
>>
>>72107616

>5000 million

Not even avatar x star wars: the sequel would need 5000 million to break even, no movie has ever grossed that
>>
>>72107591

Accountants have revealed that it needs about 600 millions to break even
>>
>>72107591
It's got no legs due to being crap. Think of the way WB marketed BvS when they realised it was shit - they 'front loaded' the advertising and blew another load of money in promoting the opening weekend because they realised scamming the audience into seeing it before word of mouth got around was the only way they'd make money on it. It's the same with this shit only they've gone flat-out retard and insulted half their audience away to begin with.
>>
>>72107642
But it is a good thing

Star Wars and Mad Max had females in lead roles and they were resounding successes
>>
>i-it'll break even, I swear!

KEK. What an accomplishment
>>
>>72107642
As opposed to what? The film being a stunning success? That would only bring more of this shit.
>>
dont hold your breath

it needs $1B+ just to break even.
>>
File: 1439509779778.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1439509779778.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>72107591
>a limited chinese release

Something about this post doesn't seem right
>>
>>72107591

Because it did flop. It opened at #2, it's doomed from the start.
>>
>>72107591

it lost to a third rate CG pet movie.

pathetic.
>>
>>72107591
150 million for the budget. add another 100-150 for advertising/promotion.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
>>
>>72107642
>I'm just mad that everyone is shouting shit like "WE DID IT! IT FLOPPED!"

The fuck? No one is saying that. But everyone seems to actually be saying "WE DID IT! ITS AVERAGE!"
>>
>>72107591
The movie is shit but it will obviously break even and then go on to make more than its budget. People are confusing what they want to happen with what will happen. Just like /tv/ does with everything.
>>
>>72107674
>thinking 5000 million is a number
He meant 500, which the producers thought was a believable goal. It is a little early to call but it's probably gonna make like 120 mil unless some really weird shit happens, which would definitely be considered a loss
>>
>>72108552

You know how the leftist media work, they completely ignore those 2 things you just said and will plaster "GB FLOPPED BECAUSE OF BLATANT SEXISM" right in front of everyone's faces, feminists and SJWs will take it to social media to flood it with messages about how much hollywood and the world hates women and how women cant succeed on their own and how something needs to change, then every movie with a male lead will be bullied until every director is pretty much forced to use female leads
>>
>>72107591
Even if it broke even or made a small profit it's a flop in the sense that the money spent on it could've been spent on something that would've earned more money.
>>
>>72108799
It needs more than that, since the box office returns are split between the cinemas/studios, there's also the whole loans/costs associated with making a film.

Basically it's about 500m all up (450m+) needed to break "even".
>>
>>72109263
Sorry wait, I mean it needs about 450-500m to be "successful", not break even.
>>
WHY THE FUCK CAN'T BITCH-EGON JUST HOLD HER FUCKING PROTON PACK GUN THING LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN FUCKING BEING! EVERY FUCKING PROMO IMAGE! GOD!
>>
>>72109363

Cuz she's all cool and shit yo, all hip and stylin'.

The rest look just as fucking embarrassing.
>>
I love how all the SJWs on twitter/tumblr can feel the movie's failure and are begging people to go see it. I promise guys, it's actually REALLY good! Just go fork out some money first, goyum.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.