[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /tv/ whats the consensus on this trilogy? Would you want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
So /tv/ whats the consensus on this trilogy?

Would you want Nolan back for the new Batman movies, or his tone and styling
>>
I only liked the first one
>>
I only liked the second one
>>
>>72103075
Nolan was amazing. He should be in charge on the DCCU not a hack like snyder
>>
>>72103075
>Nolan back for the new Batman movies
No. He doens't have the imagination for comic book heroes.
>>
you think if Nolan made TDKR in 2016 he would be able to whitewash Bane and not turn him into a beaner?
>>
I liked the joker. It was a shame yer man killed himself
>>
utter shit compared to burton. and i dont even like capeshit.
>>
bb was okay but suffers from "origin story" problem (ie it's a slow build up the entire film and then in the last 15 minutes manhattan gets gassed by laughing gas and and there's this big rushed ending. all origin stories suffer from rushed ending because it takes about an hour and a half to set up the origin story and then they only have like a half hour to introduce the plot and defeat the bad guy)

second one is perfect capeshit

third one tried to recreate the second one but failed in every way and it was boring and sucked. good memes though.
>>
>>72103135
It's kinda true, but frankly I am glad that Nolan isn't stuck doing Capekino. The guy has pretty much infinite potential.
>>
>>72103135

Anyone should be in charge infront of Snyder
>>
>>72103568

He should be doing directing on these new films.

He just needs to have a writer who can rein him in.

Amazing at shooting scenes (like Nolan), not so great at dialogue (neither was Nolan...) or character development (Nolan was actually okay at this).
>>
Does anyone have the 'Nolan whispers under his breath, "Masterpiece" ' screencap
>>
>>72103746
I thought Nolan always made things feel real, Snyder always makes them feel unreal.

So for capeshit you're suppose to make it feel real, but Snyder's doing it up like it's the 70's again...

Feels like I am watching a movie that kids would enjoy, yet for some reason there's a rape scene, like RoboCop.
>>
>>72103352
>infinite potential
>>
>>72103141
This.
He made a realistic Batman trilogy.
He wouldn't do well in the universe DC is trying to establish right now.
>>
>>72103075

Begins: 9/10

Dark Knight: A 7/10 that went on too long but everyone sucked it's dick hard and long since it had Heat Legend's performance.

Dark Knight Rises: Over the top to an extreme degree. I think Nolan wanted to combine silly comic book shit with the down to earth tone. He just didn't give a fuck. I refuse to give it a score because it doesn't fit well with Begins and Dark Knight. It's it's own thing. You either like it or hate it.
>>
It feels like with Heath Ledger dying there's a gap missing between Dark Knight and Dark Knight rises like he had more shit planned with the Joker and Dent. I still like Bane and the dark knight rises though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.