[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie. I don't know what I expected, everything was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: sea1ht83qp1hh9wi4r3w.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sea1ht83qp1hh9wi4r3w.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1080
This movie.
I don't know what I expected, everything was incredibly boring and confusing. Can anyone tell me why is this shit so deep for me?
>>
It's a commentary on civilization. I thought it was interesting.
>>
>>72092950
Did you even try? It has a lot of visual storytelling, and that could be a problem if you're the sort of person who likes to get spoonfed.
>>
>>72092950

Literally 2deep4u. Your IQ is just too low for this.
>>
>>72093279
I did try, from what I can gather is that humans don't know shit about space and we get really old and then become space childs again.
>>
this movie is the biggest pleb filter there is
>>
>>72093450
>Implying you understood Kubrik's points and ideas at first
>>
>>72093434
What are your favorite films?
>>
File: valzer.jpg (27 KB, 300x140) Image search: [Google]
valzer.jpg
27 KB, 300x140
In space anybody can dance.
>>
>>72093836
Are there wrong answers?
>>
File: millionth time.jpg (14 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
millionth time.jpg
14 KB, 300x168
>>72092950
>incredibly boring and confusing

So stop thinking about it, and go on with life.

>Can anyone tell me why is this shit so deep for me?
No, not really. What is deep to me, is probably not deep to you. This is one of my favorite movies I appreciated thinking about it on my own with the help of no one. So no, it is impossible to convey why it worked for me, and not you.
You either get it, or you don't, and stop depending on other people to think for you because you're a lazy thinker.
>>
>>72093902
No
>>
The problem with 20-something's is they NEED a n attention grabbing hook every 10 seconds or they drift away. Quick cuts and frantic cartoons trained them. Atmosphere, tension, setting the scene, symbolism - who gives a fuck if "nothing happened", right, fuckbois? Well the film is still saying something even when there's no excitement. You're missing out on films just because they aren't cut up into fun-size candy bars, prepackaged and easy to swallow. Eat something you need to chew on or stick to baby food and candy.
>>
>>72092950
>Can anyone tell me why is this shit so deep for me?
That's because you're an idiot.
>>
>>72092950
No, just go back to watching the latest Marvel movie. It's better for everyone this way.
>>
OP here, I've been reading about Oddissey 2001, I'm sorry if I offended anyone with this thread, but It's not like I knew anything about the movie, maybe if I had known that it was a movie with metaphysical implications, symbolism and shit I'd have enjoyed it.

Whatevs dudes, I'll go watch dude where's my car.
>>
>>72096208
Try to remember that on /tv/ people are usually insulted for sharing their thoughts about why they enjoyed a movie.
This exact topic has been posted many times with the same insults at people who happen to admire the movie.
Don't expect much sympathy if by some small chance you're actually interested in understanding more.
>>
It's only challenging and boring to those who aren't questioning their existence, their place in the universe, humanity and nature. - Dream I just had
>>
Is saying 2001 is boring one of the biggest memes on /tv/?
>>
>>72093434
It's about evolution you dip, and how we as humans do NOTHING to get to our next step, whatever that may be.
>>
>tfw i'm smart and i don't like 2001 and these people are making me look stupid
>>
File: 1463835503176.jpg (43 KB, 582x741) Image search: [Google]
1463835503176.jpg
43 KB, 582x741
>>72092950
Don'y worry OP, wannabe patricians on this board pretend they understood the film the first time. They browse reddit and blog sites to grasp the "meaning" of this film before shitposting about their perceived IQs despite being wikipedia scholars/college dropouts.
>>
>>72097042
It should be. That would symbolize the pure essence of ignorance that lingers here within /tv/ on a regular basis.
>>
>>72092950
>he didn't get it
>>
>>72092950
its pretty stunning when you realize it was made in the SIXTIES

but definitely skip the first 30 minutes
>>
File: 1466051950776.jpg (224 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
1466051950776.jpg
224 KB, 853x1280
>>72098008
enjoy your debt slavery while I'll be paying 0 dollars in late fees getting an education on the interwebz
https://sites.google.com/site/themetalibrary/library-genesis
>>
get some weed and youll probably enjoy this flick
>>
File: 2001-moon.jpg (279 KB, 780x388) Image search: [Google]
2001-moon.jpg
279 KB, 780x388
This would be a more accurate depiction of how the earth would appear from the moon than the bullshit they fed us
>>
File: 2001 post.jpg (188 KB, 1086x813) Image search: [Google]
2001 post.jpg
188 KB, 1086x813
>>72092950
>>
>>72092950
You're probably not here anymore but for others, watch the film multiple times or read the book at some point, it should clear things up.

Ignore the retards who claim they understand everything about it their first time through

Also this>>72093218
>>
Rewatch it. Now you know what to expect and won't be distracted by wondering where it's going. Now you know the scope of the film
>>
the monolith represents the 4th wall.
the movie was about americas 21st century need for a wall in space.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.