[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the "Hold the Door" plotline in the books? or was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1467562998928.jpg (145 KB, 495x1072) Image search: [Google]
1467562998928.jpg
145 KB, 495x1072
Was the "Hold the Door" plotline in the books? or was it just lazy shit writing?
>>
google it faggot, enjoy your ban
>>
>>72050958
how exactly do I google that without getting a million unrelated results
>>
it was planned by george martin
>>
>>72050929
It's not in the books yet, but it's going to be. It's one of the few things GRRM explicitly contributed to the show now that it's overtaken the books. Apparently he came up with the idea way back before the first book was published.

How is it shit lazy writing? There was nothing other than people claiming it was very clever and emotionally devestating after it aired.
>>
>>72051264
nah it was lazy, there was no emotional investment to holdors character, people like the characters in game of thrones based exclusively off their traits, eg jon is le ebig badass, hodor was just 'cute and dumb'. laziest fucking show ever written at least hold the door wasn't as ba as the finale
>>
>>72050929
She looks like the chick from Silicon Valley
>>
>>72051374
>there was no emotional investment to holdors character
The fuck are you talking about? Sure he's not one of the major characters, but even so he's been dedicated to the cause of helping Bran since the beginning of the show, the loyalty is enough to make it sad that he's died.
>>
>>72051379
she was in the same flight as me when i was going to Melbourne a couple of years ago.
she is pretty cute.
>>
>The Winds of Winter is just a novelization of S6 of Game of Thrones
How mad would you be
>>
>>72051374
How old are you? Just curious
>>
>pottom pic

Foetal alcohol syndrome.jpg
>>
>>72050958
why would someone be banned for asking about a plotline in one of the most popular tv shows in a long time?
>>
>>72050996
>how exactly do I google that without getting a million unrelated results

go back in time to when google used to actually work
>>
>>72051434
>>72052875
wrote that pretty badly desu, what i mean is all the characters are one note, none of them are well rounded or developed, this for me makes it very hard to give a shit about the characters as all they really are are pawns (not in a good way). none of the characters have much of a personality beside a strong standout trait. their personalities haven'e developed past the first season, to me this is all a sign of bad writing. but desu, i dont really like plot driven shows/ movies so maybe got just isn't for me. it was pretty enjoyable up till season 3 but after the red wedding there has been a seriously big drop in quality t the point where i'm now and i imagine many others are just watching because of how much time they have invested in the show
>>
The Hold the Door... Hodor trick doesn't even work in non-English markets.

sostén la puerta
tenir la porte
Halten Sie die Tür auf
>>
>>72050929
are you sure it has to be one or the other
>>
>>72053050
OblivionAltmer.png
>>
>>72053386
does that trigger your autism?
>>
File: 1408810815747.jpg (507 KB, 1082x672) Image search: [Google]
1408810815747.jpg
507 KB, 1082x672
>>72050929
>>
>>72051523
Its literally impossible since too many things went differently in the books. Tyrion didn't ally with Dany, Arya didn't become an edgy behind teleporter, Davos never gave two shits about Jon and never went back to The Wall, Roose is alive etc. Unless GRRM spends half the book sabotaging his own story to fit the show, nothing similar will happen
>>
>>72051523

I doubt the fat fuck will even release TWOW at this rate. He's too busy raking in easy HBO money to give a damn about his books.
>>
>>72053480
>>72053386

TENIR LA PORTE
TENIR LA PORTE
TENIR LA PORTE
TENIRLAPORTE
TENRLAPOR
TENLAPOR
TENLOR
TENLOR
HODOR
>>
>>72053600
it seems pretty obvious where arya's storyline is heading, you dont actually tell yourself she is going to stay no on in braavos do you?

also, GRRM has publicly stated that the dothraki are back in a big way in TWOW and that dany and tyrion do come together before the end of the book so at least that part is on spot. they just cut penny and gave some of barrys story to tyrion
>>
>>72053199
Can confirm. I'm only watching for the ending now. Episode 10 was the only good episode in the season. It's literally a show where 1/10th of it is good.
>>
>>72053727
>it seems pretty obvious where arya's storyline is heading, you dont actually tell yourself she is going to stay no on in braavos do you?
It sure as shit ain't going the way it went in the show. In the novels Arya completely loses her identity, thats her arc.
>>
>>72053777

She's going to remember who she is either before she dies or before the series ends. If not that then she and other faceless men will use Arya Stark as a face and she'll be around that way.

Can someone remind me why Arya wants to be a faceless man so much, was it just because Jaqen gave her a coin?
>>
>>72053867
Initially because she wanted to exact her revenge, and seeing how Jaqen solo the entire Harrenhal is pretty convincing. She also simply had nowhere else to go
>>
>>72053777
and again, you actually tell yourself that is where her arc is going to stay. she will never remember being arya stark or relevant... riiighhhtttt...
>>
>>72050996
literally google the first sentence in the OP drooling retard
>>
>>72053386
>Stay there = Orda dur in Turkish
ORDA DUR
ORDA DUR
ORDADUR
ORDADUR
ORDUR
ORDUR
HODUR
HODUR
HODOR
HODOR
HODOR
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.