[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any chance the new Star Trek series will be good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Space Shows.png (426 KB, 825x465) Image search: [Google]
Space Shows.png
426 KB, 825x465
Is there any chance the new Star Trek series will be good?
>>
Has a star trek series ever been "good"?
>>
Equating Firefly with Voyager? Seriously?

I like both but Firefly is at least two categories higher than Voyager. It hit the tone of the setting dead-on and characters were written consistently. Tone and characterization, particularly for Janeway, varied from episode-to-episode.

As for OP's question... maybe? My expectations are somewhere along the lines of Agents of Shield, for better and for worse.
>>
I trust some of the writers on the new series.

Bryan Fuller
>Empok Nor
>The Raven
>Mortal Coil
>Living Witness (with Joe Menosky)
>Drone (with Joe Menosky)
>Bride of Chaotica
>Course: Oblivion
>Relativity

Nicholas Meyer
>Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
>Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
>Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Joe Menosky
>First Contact (episode)
>The Nth Degree
>In Theory
>Darmok
>Hero Worship
>Conundrum
>The Chase
>The Thaw
>Distant Origin
>Scorpion
>Year of Hell
>Living Witness (with Bryan Fuller)
>Night
>Drone (with Bryan Fuller)
>Timeless
>Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy
>Blink of an Eye
>>
File: trash.jpg (31 KB, 352x450) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
31 KB, 352x450
>>72038268
firefly > voyager? haha
>>
>>72038707
lol
>>
>>72038268
What a dumb post.
>>
>>72038118
>SGU
What a missed opportunity

>Is there any chance the new Star Trek series will be good?
Seeing as it's not airing on TV and is locked behind CBS's streaming service I doubt it. Last I read it also seemed like it would be in the Kelvin timeline so that's another strike against it.

>>72038268
Firefly was *good* but had a host of problems that justified its cancellation. It was very aimless and the ambiguous story direction really hurt it. I'd personally bump Voyage down rather than Firefly up although Robert Picardo was fantastic, he single-handedly carried that show every season
>>
>>72038118
I don't think Star Trek will ever go back to the comfy era with scenes like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBTRp80Q64U

Instead of wacky shit and corny philosophical conundrums we will get generic sci-fi action with more tits and violence.
>>
>>72038118
I agree with that pic...this never happens here, good night.
>>
File: Outlaw Star hmmph.jpg (59 KB, 803x552) Image search: [Google]
Outlaw Star hmmph.jpg
59 KB, 803x552
>Outlaw Star
>Low-Mid Tier
>mfw
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.