[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: movies that deserve a remake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: the-night-of-the-hunter1.jpg (40 KB, 348x490) Image search: [Google]
the-night-of-the-hunter1.jpg
40 KB, 348x490
ITT: movies that deserve a remake
>>
>>72034679
its pretty fantastic as it is and doesn't need updating/tarnishing. the best they could do is replace the little girl actress maybe, but there aren't a whole lot of those that also act well so who cares
>>
Scripts should get remade, not movies. Night of the Hunter has a good script but most of it's greatness is in the direction, cinematography, music, acting; things you can't recreate or do differently without taking away from it
>>
>>72034679
just leave it alone,anon.
its good as it is
>>
>>72034679
Couldn't be done today without being either overly gritty or hokey
Original is one of the GOATs however
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 305x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 305x445
>>
>>72034679
I don't know why people keep wanting to remake classics. Just let them be classics and remake shitty B cult movies. I mean look at what John Carpenter did with the thing, after that abysmal suit with the zipper on the back in the original.
>>
File: 57586.jpg (231 KB, 765x1078) Image search: [Google]
57586.jpg
231 KB, 765x1078
ITT: movies that deserve to not be remade
>>
>>72034679
The second half was trash
>>
>>72035099
How can you not like Lilian Gish with a shotgun?
>>
literally the only good thing about this movie is Mitchum. I don't get the love for it otherwise.
>>
>>72035405
The cinematography was great.
>>
>>72034679
YESSS
the kids will be black
and the new evil father should be a white man
>>
>>72035099
I agree, I feel like Howell should have been more of a threat/shouldn't have gone down so easily.
>>
>>72034679
Did you know the critics bashed this so hard on release that Laughton never made another film?
>>
>>72036702
it's kinda sad, he could have created good things.

in a positive way: as a director, he doesn't have ANY bad movie.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.