[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who Black Phillip here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: black_phillip.jpg (32 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
black_phillip.jpg
32 KB, 411x411
Who Black Phillip here?
>>
>>72023644
I liked the movie, wish there were more movies in the same setting.
>>
>>72023644
>tfw there was no literal witch
>the witch was Thomasin's other persona
>she suffers from multiple personality disorder in a time when men and woman feared everything, and the devil was literally around the corner
>the entire farm was riddled with ergot fungus, which causes hallucinations in people who eat it
>evidenced by the rotten corn, and bread they ate on the farm
>tfw the people only died after Thomasin's perceptions were removed, when her witch persona took over
>she killed the baby, left her brother to die, killed the twins, killed her father, and lashed out at her mother
>tfw she sodomized a goat
>tfw there was no witch's coven in the end, it was just her going out into the wilderness and having her insanity take over
>>
File: akuma.png (610 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
akuma.png
610 KB, 1280x720
Black Phillip is so last month.
>>
>>72023644
Black Phillip literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>Character is a sinner
>She's named Thomas Sin
Really makes you think...
>>
>>72024649
thomasin was the pure one in the family
>>
>>72024678
Why was she called Thomas Sin then? Why not Thomas Pure? Checkmate.
>>
>>72024711
now this is really making me think
>>
>72024193
>tfw there was no literal witch
There clearly was
>the witch was Thomasin's other persona
Up for debate
>she suffers from multiple personality disorder in a time when men and woman feared everything, and the devil was literally around the corner
Hmm, supporting evidence?
>the entire farm was riddled with ergot fungus, which causes hallucinations in people who eat it
evidence?
>evidenced by the rotten corn, and bread they ate on the farm
How was is that evidence of anything other than rotten produce and if it were not why didn't the entire family experience pronounced illusions until the witch came into the midst of the family?
>tfw the people only died after Thomasin's perceptions were removed, when her witch persona took over
Nah
>she killed the baby, left her brother to die, killed the twins, killed her father, and lashed out at her mother
Shut up
>tfw she sodomized a goat
Oh damn, I'm being trolled
>tfw there was no witch's coven in the end, it was just her going out into the wilderness and having her insanity take over
Holy shit, I'm still replying, I'm such a dumb faggot.
>>
>>72024193
i need to rewatch the movie.

I fucking loved it tho, one of the best horrors ever. Baby mash in a sock was gruesome and disturbing whereas I rarely find it disturbing. It was a solid, great movie with great ambience
>>
>>72024919
More than half of that guy's claims are bullshit with no supporting evidence.
>>
>>72024193
>>72024784

Ergot grows on wheat, not corn.

The story is clearly about an actual Witch
>>
File: thoudeliciously.jpg (52 KB, 567x526) Image search: [Google]
thoudeliciously.jpg
52 KB, 567x526
>>72024200
Black Philip is eternal.
>>
>>72024193
genius or idiot - either is possible
>>
>>72024193
Woah. U gon get famous boi.
>>
File: 543737_026[1].jpg (45 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
543737_026[1].jpg
45 KB, 320x240
>corruption...not in front of my father

what did he mean?
why did he let the goat kill him?
>>
>>72026558
pls respond
>>
>>72024193
Except the director said the movie is literally about a Witch. No subplots or symbolism
>>
File: TheWitch_R2__1.27.1-1024x768.jpg (165 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
TheWitch_R2__1.27.1-1024x768.jpg
165 KB, 1024x768
Based twins so cheeky. what did black philip do to them???
>>
>>72027650
except you're wrong and only get your opinions from other retarded anons on this board
>>72027833
raep ;__;
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.