[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
about to watch pic related what am i going to think about it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
about to watch pic related
what am i going to think about it?
>>
>you
>think
>>
>>72012263
didn't the original suck balls?!
>>
After tha movie I just wanna sleep with rowdy black girls who would kill you for a chocolate bar and ride around in a sedan covered in lights.
>>
Why would you watch that?
It looks like shit.
>>
Pretty boring desu. I unironically like the first two Purge movies. This third one was just boring though. The trailers made it seem as if it would be the most chaotic craziest Purge yet with the shit on the streets but basically every single thing you saw in the trailers is all that happens on the streets. Everything other second of the movie is just people talking. The person in the kiss me mask wears it for five seconds, takes it off, talks for five minutes and gets hit by a car. The statue of liberty mask is really fucking cool but she gets killed after literally ten seconds of screentime. It's a shame, they come up with so many cool costume designs but waste them all, they really should try and make antagonists out of the masked purgers but they all get killed off before they even do anything.
>>
>>72014611
Except this was the same with the second film? They advertised those kids in the masks, who only appear twice, once to be *spooky* and then later to kidnap and sell to the rich. Other than that, they were kinda irrelevant to the plot, as only one (unimportant) character dies because of their inclusion in the film.
>>
>>72014611
okay but... is the talking any good? I don't give a shit about action if it's gonna be as dumb as in the last act of Anarchy.
>>
>>72012263
The purgers in this poster are various foreigners that flew into America to take part in the annual Purge. They call them "Purgourists."
>>
>>72014765
Yes, the second film had that problem, but there was only one group of masked purgers, the one with the god mask and they still somewhat felt like antagonists, they had a presence throughout the movie and didn't get killed five seconds after appearing.

But that's not the film's biggest problem. As I said, Election Year was fucking boring. Anarchy was a lot of more exciting and chaotic with far more action. So now you might try and say Election Year is supposed to be more about the characters and the story? Shame the characters and the story is boring as fuck. Oh look, a black shop owner who wants to protect his shop...and a Mexican who wants to help the black guy protect his shop...wow. The mother and daughter in Anarchy had way more personality than these fucks. Frank Grillo's character in Anarchy had an arc, it's not Oscar worthy writing but it was something. In this movie he doesn't have much of anything, he's just keeping the senator alive. Thankfully Grillo is charismatic as fuck so the writing for his character is irrelevant, the man himself carries his scenes.

If you're gonna skip on the carnage in favor of focusing on characters or story, make the characters or story interesting. Anarchy was more about the action which was fun but still succeeded in a moderately interesting story with mildly compelling characters. Election Year skipped on the carnage in favor of story / characters but failed to deliver on both.

The whole entire 20 minute climax in the church was fucking painful to sit through. I just wanted the movie to end, so drawn out, just get on with it. I did like the knife fight between Grillo and the nazi though.
>>
This movie fuckin' sucked.

The Murder Tourism concept was cool though. I can't wait for this shit to run its course like Saw, tho.
>>
wtf I hate trump now
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.