[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Saved warcraft ensuring more sequels of proper fantasy kino
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: China-Flag-4.jpg (42 KB, 1200x745) Image search: [Google]
China-Flag-4.jpg
42 KB, 1200x745
>Saved warcraft ensuring more sequels of proper fantasy kino
>Bans ghostbusters making the movie far more likely to flop

China is the new hero of cinema.
>>
>>72010239
Warcraft isn't getting a sequel. It's set to lose $15 million.
>>
>>72010451
That's literally nothing. You can change that with a sequel with a slightly smaller budget and make a HUGE profit. That's pretty obvious.
>>
>>72010451
It's for promoting the game m8, they don't care.
>>
>>72010472

Yeah that is what I heard

>Smaller budget in the realm of 100 million
>No Major North American launch, massive savings on advertising.
>Domestically funded and made in china, meaning more Chinese money is kept.
>>
>>72010451
That's like less than they make in a single day from WoW
>>
>>72010451

>Overwatch money
>Wow is still making tons of money with legion release soon even more
>Hearthstone money.

I really don't think Blizzard could care less. They are more than capable of rolling the dice again with a new strategy.

Plus, isn't it likely they'll end up turning a profit off DVD sales, especially since hardcore fans will be likely to buy it to see the extended cut.
>>
>>72010472
>>72010517
>>72010577
>>72010622
You realise it was Universal who put up the money for this, not Blizzard?

Univerasl isn't going to greenlight a sequel for something they lost money on.

The best case scenario is that a sequel gets made, but it will probably have a much smaller release, and likely be a VOD release.
>>
>>72010770
Universal put in 40 million and made over three times that. Stop lying.
>>
>>72010801
>Blizzard put in $140 million
wut

>confirmed that Universal will lose $15 million
>"Universal put in $40 million and mode over three times that"
pls explain
>>
File: 5360673.jpg (52 KB, 611x393) Image search: [Google]
5360673.jpg
52 KB, 611x393
>>72010451
> budget $160m
> worldwide $430 222 780
> lose $15 million.
>>
>>72010239
CHINA STRONK
>>
>>72010239
I don't think China actually bans movies. They have a rule where they only let a certain amount of foreign movies into the country each year and didn't consider a half-assed reboot to a 30 year old American comedy worthy of space on their list.

It's honestly not a bad rule. If Australia did this maybe our movie industry wouldn't be so fucked.
>>
>>72011171
Completely correct. The fuck ups here had nothing to do with the movie or it's budget. The movie is solid, it really is. I'm not memeing at all. Not some kino shit but it's a fucking killer watch in 3D. Looks epic...

They just proved they can make money on it if they don't fuck it up. I mean, that's $270,000,000 dollars they just pissed away but it proved you can make money on the franchise.
>>
>>72011171
>What is marketing?
>What is 50% of receipts?

Studios don't make all the money. A little goes to cinemas and a good amount goes to distributors.
Also there also would be a marketing budget. Warcrafts was quite extensive. Not at the level of Batman v Superman (which had to make $800 million to break even), but still a large amount of money regardless.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.