[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emilia Clarke nominated for yet another Emmy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10
File: Clarky.png (14 KB, 489x259) Image search: [Google]
Clarky.png
14 KB, 489x259
How the fuck does this keep happening? This woman is just awful. Am I going insane?
>>
she won't ever win. it's simply a gesture. PTA gets nominated for an oscar every film. it's a participation award
>>
>>71992918
LMFAO why are awards such a joke
>>
>>71992918
>Emilia Clarke nominated
>Kit Harrington nominated

Jesus, they nominated two of the worst actors on the show.
>>
shes cute and i want to fuck her armpits
>>
>>71992918
The emmys are a fucking joke.

>No Eva Green
>No Rory Kinnear
>No Vera Farmiga
>No Freddie Highmore

>A Girl, Mother of Dragoons, Jon Snu, Cock jokes dwarf all nominated
>>
did "you refuse the call" girl get nominated
>>
>>71993057
>>71993078
I think Lena and Maisie kind of deserve it desu. Maisie probably didn't do as great a job this season but she was a phenomenal child actor and she's been pretty consistently good throughout the series.

Lena should win for the wineboarding scene alone though imo.
>>
>>71993057
they should just change the emmys to "the normie awards" because I swear only the actors who play the popular characters get nominated.

>2013 emmys
>michelle fairley gave an absolutely incredible, heartwrenching performance at the red wedding
>"KELLY C IS BADASS AND HAS DRAGONS LETS NOMINATE EMILIA"

>2015 emmys
>alfie allen moves you to tears with his stellar performance as reek
>"LE MEME DWARF IS FUNNY LETS NOMINATE PETER"
>>
>>71993103
Nah. Guess she didn't suck enough cock.
>>
why the FUCK was peter dinklage nominated? all he did this season was sit around making awkward jokes. he literally had NOTHING to work with.

he honestly should have won for season 4, but of course that year it had to go to Jesse Pinkman because MUH BREAKING BAD FINAL SEASON.

my god the Emmys are pathetic.
>>
Kaitlin Olson, Constance Wu and Rachel Bloom snubbed for best female in a comedy series nominations

Emmys are irrelevant and just a circle jerk of praising HBO and meme minorities
>>
How the fuck Dinklage got in? They flanderized Tyrion really hard. It's one of the characters that got it worse after they caught up with the books. 95% of his scenes were lame attempts at jokes, most involving a eunuch lack of penis.

Explain this shit. They could find better options even in that terribly written show. Liam Cunningham for example always puts great work. Were they watching this shit half asleep?
>>
>>71993129
>Lena should win for the wineboarding scene alone though imo.
I don't get how anybody could take anything seriously in a scene which is so blatantly fan service. Lena may have done a good job or not but I spent the whole thing cringing too hard to notice.
>>
>>71993180
>Nikolaj lost out in season 3 to meme dwarf
>Alfie lost out in season 2 to meme dwarf
> Charles Dance never got nominated once.

It's a joke.
>>
>kit and emilia nominated
>dinklage is like the new Cranston just winning by default every year
>Based Alfie Allen will never see a nomination because his character isnt popular enough
>>
>>71993479
>>71993505
>Alfie not winning at least two Emmys

BULLLLLLL
SHITTTTTTTT
>>
File: image.jpg (980 KB, 1779x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
980 KB, 1779x1200
>tfw I will never come up behind her, squeeze her mom arms and whisper something silly in a sensual tone, making her snort from laughter
sad feels
>>
>>71992918
The frustrating thing is thanks to the sheer size of the cast there have been many fantastic performances on GoT that are worthy of awards; Charles Dance, Alfie Allen, Jonathan Pryce, Diana Rigg, Michelle Fairley, countless others.

Instead, they've kept up the same stale routine of Dinklage and Emilia even when their storylines and acting are widely acknowledged as some of the weakest parts of the show. Natalie Dorner and Liam Cunningham would've been much better choices for their categories.

To her credit, Lena has been the best actor and character left on the show since last season. The show dies when Cersei does.
>>
She's clearly not as bad as you neck beards think
>>
File: do-it-for-emilia.jpg (82 KB, 800x571) Image search: [Google]
do-it-for-emilia.jpg
82 KB, 800x571
>>71993706
I dont think shes bad at all
>>
>>71993706
Name two scenes where she displays award-worthy acting ability. The Golden Raspberry award doesn't count.
>>
>>71993078
And now you're reminding me how Modern Family kept nominating their actors in the Best Supporting category so they wouldn't have to get BTFO in the Best Actor category.

Pissed me off because Rob Lowe should have been nominated for Seasons 3 and 4 of Parks and Rec.
>>
>>71993706
>>71993794

She's literally Tommy Wiseau tier and was laughed off Broadway. She makes January Jones look like Ellen Burstyn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgNRgUBtcGg
>>
>>71993271
Who could forget Tyrions line of "because you have no cock"? Fucking stellar performance
>>
File: 10.png (545 KB, 705x540) Image search: [Google]
10.png
545 KB, 705x540
>>71994374
Jesus Christ
>>
>>71992918
I never watched GoT before because I hate grey filter tv programs. However, I found a copy of GoT episode, (the one with the green gas explosion) and watched it out of curiosity.
>Generic 'Epic' trailer music for intro
>Weird steampunkish intro CGI jarring with the pseudomedieval setting
>Shitty pensive movie trailer one note piano music
>Shitty script that can't decide to be modern or pseudo Shakespeare
>Gratuitious nudity that serves no purpose
>Holy shit. Fake ships and MMORPG tier CGI dragons
>Finally the scene where Denerys (sp?) actor hamming it up on the ship.

WTF is she supposed to convey here? I can only get that she is having gas or constipated. I thought it was all a meme but she's as shitty as everyone says.
>>
>>71994458
And what about classics like

"A wise man once said the true history of the world is the history of great conversations in elegant rooms."
"Who said it?"
"I did. Just now."

HAHA! Just classic. CLASSIC
>>
>>71993057
Kit Harrington had the closest to a good performance this season, so in that regard he deserves it this time. Emilia don't deserve it though. Maisie and Lena are miles better than her. Even Sophie was better desu
>>
>>71994541
I think Grey Worm stole the scene when he said "I make joke"
Why wasn't he nominated?
>>
>>71994514
You literally watched the last episode. If you'd seen everything leading up to that point you might have enjoyed some of it. The "green gas explosion" was very unique for the show, and weirdly enjoyable considering everything that came before it.

You're right about Emilia though. She alternates between constipation and ACTING.
>>
>>71994514
>I've never watched a show before
>I watched the most recent season finale
>I didn't understand it and then pretended I knew what I was talking about.

I mean, GoT is not exactly H'aute Couture, but you're still a fucking idiot buddy.
>>
File: eyebrows.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
eyebrows.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>acting
>>
>>71994374
>laughed off Broadway

Source? Your own video shows her ON Broadway.
>>
>>71994654
wtf why doesn't anyone tell her to stop
>>
>>71994654
I seriously hate her fucking eyebrows.
>>
>>71993057
Kit was great this season
>>
>>71994705
Do you ask the tide to stop coming in?
>>
>>71994733
yeah
>>
I've never been an autistic neckbeard that thought she was either fat or a "terrible" actress, I never thought she was a strong actress though. I think she did very well in S1 and S2, but (and this may just be me) but her approach to the character changed...in a weird way.

I do think Kit deserves an Emmy this once, I liked his performances despite everyone around him (Sansa) being absolute shit tier. Kit is not bad, and he has a good body of work outside GoT so far. Kit deserves an Emmy over Peter for S6, I'm convinced of that.
>>
>>71994707
Why can't she just dye them, at least for the show. Like come on can't that just be hidden in her contract somewhere. Is it really too much to ask.
>>
>>71994672
Yes, and her performance was so bad they canceled the play you dumb fucking faggot. Google it yourself I'm not spoonfeeding you news about your trash waifu.
>>
>>71994784
>calling an anon a faggot while the thread has been mostly pleasant and you were just asked a simple question.

Jesus that escalated, can we have a pretty decent thread for a change? She's not even my waifu you fucking autist, I was just curious as to your factoid there.

Chill, friendo. There are no reddit points here.
>>
>>71994818

Shut up faggot.
>>
>>71994778
I actually agree - especially in episode 9. The problem there though was that he had so many scenes with Ramsay, which just highlighted how Iwan was leagues beyond him at selling his character.
>>
File: 1445219386233.gif (2 MB, 335x258) Image search: [Google]
1445219386233.gif
2 MB, 335x258
>>71994818
>being this much of a faggot
>>
>>71992918
She had very little speaking parts this season. One episode was literally her just coming in a door and standing there not saying a word for two seconds. That was her entire part for that episode. I'm glad they rushed Meereen in the show. Its a pointless plot in the books that is being drawn out way too long. At least the showrunners also saw it as a waste of time in the overall story and blasted through it. Hell the last Dany chapter in Winds of Winter will probably only be Dany returning with the Dothraki army.
>>
>>71994778
>I do think Kit deserves an Emmy this once
My opinion of his portrayal of John Snow is that he's not really forced to do anything challenging, but he is naturally good at the role so even if he's phoning it in, it's believable. It's impossible to see it as bad, but I can't say it's award-worthy.
>>
>>71994784
Where did you read that they cancelled it because of her? NY Times gave her a decent review. What in the fuck are you talking about?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/theater/emilia-clarke-as-holly-golightly-in-breakfast-at-tiffanys.html?_r=0

They never cancelled it because she was terrible, the majority of reviews I've seen are positive.

The play had a short limited time run..it wasn't cancelled. don't make shit up.
>>
>>71994924
He has had a lot to do since S4 though. The show just doesn't heavily focus on him as much, but in the scenes he IS in, he's better than Dany.

So if it's between those two and Peter, Kit did the most work I feel. I think he delivers lines and conveys emotion well, I don't watch him bcause he's "naturally good looking". I genuinely found the Wall stuff to be some of the most interesting plot points, both in the book and show. That and the King's Landing stuff.
>>
>>71994928

It had a limited run because she was awful in it.
>>
>>71995000
I should have noted, I meant for S6.
>>
>>71992918
Clarke gets a nom, Rhea Seehorn doesn't.

Horseshit.
>>
>>71995023
This is factually untrue, anon.
>>
>>71994874
Oh yeah, if Iwan didn't start playing him like a memester in S6, I'd say he would deserve an Emmy nod too.
>>
>>71992918

Why aren't you fucks glad The Americans finally scored a ton shit of nominations?
>>
>>71993794
She makes me feel stuff I didnt know I could feel
>>
>>71995366

I'm pretty glad but it's unlikely they'll win anything.
>>
>>71995079
>Rhea Seehorn
Literally doing nothing in literally nothing happens: the show
>>
>>71994374
This is the worst I've ever seen her. And that's saying something.
>>
File: 1359505494475.png (65 KB, 211x202) Image search: [Google]
1359505494475.png
65 KB, 211x202
You misogynistic nerds DO REALISE you're in the vast minority, right?
She's fucking great.
>>
>>71992989
Watch the award episode of Always Sunny
>>
>>71994879
The show took longer though. Two seasons on Meereen vs one book arc and maybe 5-8 chapters. Plus the show made it more boring with an incoherent story, uninteresting characters, bad dialogue and acting, etc
>>
>>71995437
me too ;_;
>>
In case you hadn't realized the Emmys are a fucking joke, Aaron Xbox Paul is a THREE TIME winner.
>>
>>71995555
Shame quads are wasted on a shit comment. She is thoughroughly mediocre. Not as bad as some people say, but not anything noteworthy or emmy worthy
>>
>>71995607
Wasn't it 3+ seasons? I thought she got to Mereen at the end of S3, right when she met Daario.
>>
>>71995800
Whenever it was, they spent more time, only to cut half the shit out
>>
>>71995800
No that was Yunkai. She got to Mereen in S4
>>
>>71992973
Are you retarded? PTA hasnt been nominated since 2007.
>>
>>71995857
>Lincoln
>>
>>71994514
It's bad, the books go for the whole
>nobody is safe
>play the game of thrones you win or die
>every female character or plot baby have hobbit tier plot armour
>acting like GoT has even been considered a good show since the end of S1
>>
>>71994778
kit
>good actor
>didn't destroy character
Choose one
>>
>>71996106
Spielberg did Lincoln, not PTA
>>
>thinking awards matter

it's just a big fancy jerk off meeting
>>
Who's worse at acting?
Emilia or Daisy?
>2 representatives of the SERIOUSLY IM ACTING crew
>>
>>71997090
Daisy?
>>
>>71997090

Daisy can pretend to be fit, Emilia can't.
>>
File: tori_amos.png (323 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tori_amos.png
323 KB, 500x750
>They didn't nominate the Sophmiester

Don't give me that bullshit about "well she don't act gud" if they are fucking nominating Clarke and Asswhore Jon
>>
>>71997493
>lipstick lesbian for a waifu
>>
>>71997493
>was less believable the arya
>good
>>
>>71997493
She wins the rape pity award they're introducing this year
>>
>>71997090
Who's daisy?
>>
>>71994652
Kek
>>
>>71997090
what daisy?
>>
>>71994374
Wtf, that accent. No way that's supposed to be representative of... something.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.