[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we post mind baffling casting decisions. I'll start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Ramirez.jpg (50 KB, 404x303) Image search: [Google]
Ramirez.jpg
50 KB, 404x303
ITT we post mind baffling casting decisions.

I'll start with Sean Connery playing an egyptian who dresses like a spaniard in a movie called Highlander. What the fuck man?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-07-14-11h09m01s29.png (1 MB, 1021x552) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-14-11h09m01s29.png
1 MB, 1021x552
Muhammad Ali as himself in The Greatest (1977).

He's good at being spontaneous but not so good at following a script.
>>
John Wayne as Genghis Khan
Forget any "whitewashing" bullshit, this was just retarded
>>
>>71979690
Not to mention the Frenchman playing a Scotsman.
>>
>>71979845

Marian is a great name. Guys need to stop being afraid of it. Embrace it.

>>71979690

Even weirder is that they could have just made him a Scottish Immortal who travelled the world, and had just been living in Spain for a few decades. That would have fit the character and the universe.
>>
>>71979845

That movie was so bad it gave everyone literal cancer
>>
>>71979887
But they had already given the role of Scottish immortal to the French guy.
>>
File: briandennehy02[1].jpg (142 KB, 640x336) Image search: [Google]
briandennehy02[1].jpg
142 KB, 640x336
>>71979845

I can one up that.

Brian Dennehy as Kublai Khan. And it was only nine years ago.

I dunno, maybe they read that Kublai's mother was Christian and assumed that to mean European.
>>
Have you seen the movie? It's a total clusterfuck. Sean Connery's character is the least of the issues.

Also, he made the film good. I doubt it would be even half of good without him.
>>
>>71979690
Dude they're immortal, they live in many cultures throughout their lives, it isn't a very difficult stretch of the imagination that they'd pick up different influences in their travels.
>>
>>71979899

Filming downwind from the Nevada Proving Ground will do that.
>>
>>71980008
Why's he got the Scottish accent then?
>>
>>71980024
It's not true, It's part of the nuclear weapons hoax.
>>
>>71979985

Remember when Brian Boitano kicked the shit out of Kublai Khan?
>>
Ramirez was based. Such a bro. Instant BFF with Connor and died trying to save his mates wife.
>>
>>71979690
I agree. Egyptians from antiquity weren't white at all
>>
>>71979985
How about Benedict Cuminhersnatch playing fucking Khan in star trek 2
>>
>>71980008
This
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.