[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For anyone who has seen the movie, who the hell is this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: review_rowan_7.jpg (32 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
review_rowan_7.jpg
32 KB, 500x650
For anyone who has seen the movie, who the hell is this guy?

What's with the bowtie?
>>
Just shut your brain off, sistah
>>
>>71976339
thats eyeaint fraidnogost
>>
>>71976365
DAS RITE
>>
>>71976339
looks like something from animaniacs

should Warner Bros sue?
>>
>>71976339
It's patriarchal figure that exists solely to be shot in the crotch even though it has no genitals but fuck misogynist ghosts anyway!
>>
>>71976339

His name is Rowan. He starts off as a weird geek who works as a janitor at a hotel. He reads Kirstin Wiig's book about ghosts and learns how to build devices to amplify ghost activity, which produces all the ghosts the Ghostbusters end up catching in the movie. They eventually find him and he kills himself by electrocution.

He comes back as a ghost and possesses Chris Hemsworth. He uses a device he's built on ley lines to open a portal to the other side, and ghosts come flooding through. The Ghostbusters fight their way to him and he leaves Hemsworth to ask what form the Ghostbusters would prefer. Terk the Gorilla says something cute and harmless, so he turns into a 2D animated Ghostbusters logo, "Like this?"

They say that's fine, so he steps out of the red circle and puts on a bow tie and then starts morphing into a 3D version, growing larger until he turns into your pic. He then starts stomping the city. He's ultimately defeated by having his ghost testicles fried by the Ghostbusters.
>>
>>71976339
If I removed the bowtie, would you die?
>>
>>71976522

>He starts off as a weird geek who works as a janitor at a hotel.

You forget that he's also a 4chan user and an MRA.
>>
>>71977206
It would be extremely patriarchal.
>>
>>71976522
They didn't even try to be subtle if what you say is true.
>>
>>71977607
I think the bowtie to represent patriarchy has quite an air of subtlety to it. It could have been just a tie.
>>
>>71977607
> he's white so it's about race
>>
>villain is an unattractive male
>the ghost busters who are a hard 5.5 at BEST, have a 10/10 male secretary with the body of a greek god

fat chicks are fucking hilarious
>>
IT'S THE KKK MAFIA
>>
>>71977607
It's true. They also make a joke when they're trying to fry him shouting "HEY THERE, WHY DON'T YOU COME DOWN HERE AND COLLECT YOUR VIRGINITY FROM THE LOST AND FOUND"
>>
>>71977715
No way dude you're just fucking with me.
>>
>>71977770
I'd say go see the movie and see for yourself but you really shouldn't.

It's not that bad really, it's just not good either. It's just forgettable.
>>
>>71977770
if it was true, it'd be unsurprising, since Paul "i'll get back at those kids for calling me a" Fieg was involved.
>>
>>71976522
Does he have a personality past le weird loner/4chan virgin stereotype? Like, why does he want to create the machine in the first place? Does he have any motivation at all or is he just a one dimensional villain?
>>
That's the Harold Ramis cameo
>>
>>71978005
He's a failure.

yeah

that's it
>>
>>71978005
Bullied occult nerd

foil for Wiig who also got bullied for ghost shit as a kid
>>
>>71978005

He gets one scene where he talks to Kerchak when she works in the subway. It's actually kind of funny, he just straight-faced talks about bringing about the Fourth Cataclysm and how menial workers like Mighty Joe Young will be the last to suffer.

We see one other scene where he's staring into a mirror and talking to himself, saying how he was bullied and now he will be the bully and bend the universe to his will.

We get one more scene of him skulking around a rock concert placing another device before the subsequent action scene.

The next time he shows up is when the Ghostbusters realise who he is and find him at the hotel. He's built the machine in the basement and just talks again about how he was bullied. The girls try to empathise with him but he just kills himself.

They notice his tech is similar to their own and find a copy of Kirstin Wiig/McCarthy's book about ghosts, and realise he must have based his science on their theories. Beyond that, the only other motivation we get is when Wiig finds his doodles in his copy of the book, which include scenes of mass devastation and a giant version of himself rampaging through New York killing everyone.

I get the feeling there may have been more to him that was cut out of the movie. There feels like there was a lot cut out. The editing is really strange. It's clear there was a big dance number that was cut out of the climax, and relegated to weird clips in the credits.
>>
>>71976356
Haha
>>
>>71976339

Why he's your typical goobergrape misogynist, OP ;^)
>>
>>71977715
Wait I don't get it.

Are they implying he's lost his virginity? Because that's a good thing
>>
>>71978132
>a big dance number
I want to believe you anon but this is just too much
>>
>>71978715
No it's true. A bunch of cops and soldiers come to try to kill Hemsworth while possessed and he possesses them all and makes them dance to a Bee gee's song. They cut it out because when the plot was leaked by a post-production worker back in March everyone made fun of it.
>>
>>71978965
...... I almost wish it didn't leak just so that would be another strike against it

a fucking dance break
>>
>>71976339
he's a fucking white male
>>
Should have put a fedora on him and made him a fat angry NEET
>>
>>71976339
Based Paul Feig. He made a villain out of a typical 4chan tier basement dweller baby-man.

Then he turns into this white hooded (you catch my thoughts?) monstrosity and he gets killed by being shot into his non-existant "manhood". Epic.
>>
>>71977770
the entire script was leaked on reddit a while ago.
>>
>>71978715
Everyone knew about it (because of Sony email leaks, script leaks and literally in the first trailer) and it got so much bad press they clearly removed the dance number.

Probably for the best.
>>
looks like oogie boogie's retarded cousin
>>
>>71981406
I heard it's in the credits
>>
>>71976339
Wew, that's the ghost from the logo, right? I guess the bowtie is the prohibition sign.
>>
>>71976339
That is the avatar of white male privilege given form.
>>
He does it for free
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdrzN48F2Go

he seem so jolly in the cartoon
>>
>>71981848
is the singer cuming?
>>
>>71976522
Where did he learn to build those devices?
>>
He's a neckbeard internet bully troll. Basically he's a goobergater, and the movie openly mocks all the MRAs bitching about actors having vaginas, and they haven't even figured it out yet.
>>
>>71976339
That's the logo.
>>
Its the logo.

Lesdogggg saw it somewhere and then they did that Stay Puff thing thing
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.