[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Brick directed by Rian Johnson Does /tv/ remember that movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
>Brick directed by Rian Johnson
Does /tv/ remember that movie?
it used to be my favorite indie movie of all time
>that noir feel
>that cool soundtrack
when did you guys think?
>>
>>71974848
Saw it in the theatre, didn't think much of it.
>>
>>71974848
Love this movie, of course it will get shit on by /tv/

JGL's only good movie
>>
Too full of itself and pretentious (while not living up to its pretense) dialog. Monotonous acting by all involved. Good composition but that can't save a movie. A little embarrassing that so many teens look up to it
>>
>>71974929
The dialogue/acting style was meant to be remincent of classic 40s noir

That's all the movie is. Classic noir set in a modern american highschool. And it does that pretty well I think
>>
That film was fantastic.
>>
>>71974848
Not bad for a meme flick.
>>
>>71974959
Yeah guess what we fucking get it. It's a hommage, wow. It's a love letter oh yeah baby a love letter to noir films woo!

That's not a shortcut to making a good movie. Even if you have a poster of Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid in your room, you still have to make a compelling story and characters and nail an interesting dialog. The mystery was lukewarm and unengaging. The ending sucked.
>>
>>71975127
I disagree on every point
>>
>>71974848
Caught it on SBS late at night once, it's pretty good.
>>
>>71975158
>that's all the film is
And it still has to be a good film after all, no leniency should be given because 'reminiscent'
>>
>>71975185
And I'm saying that there wasn't. The characters were intriguing, the mystery was suspenseful, the twists where jarring, overall a great film. I wasn't trying to say it's allowed to be somehow worse just because it's a homage, I was just justifying the strange dialogue (which put me off at first, too.)
>>
>>71974848
Needs to be seen several times or with subtitles - the 'slang' is atrocious and incomprehensible.
>>
>>71975343
See>>71974959
>>
>>71974848
THE OLD TIMEY DIALOGUE WAS CRINGECITY DADDY-O

NEO NOIR RARELY WORKS, ESPECIALLY WHEN DONE RETARDEDLY
>>
Saw it a couple of months ago and it was awesome. It felt kind of anime in a way, not a bad way.
>>
>>71974959
If that's true why do I love brick but hate literally every other noir movie out there
>>
>>71975721
You're a pleb that can't stand anything that's not in full color?
>>
>JGL

into the trash it goes
>>
>lets set a noir in a high school and have that high school's drama club play all but one character

it might've been okay, but the horrid acting killed it.
>>
File: nora.jpg (40 KB, 480x362) Image search: [Google]
nora.jpg
40 KB, 480x362
>>71974848
My favourite fuckin movie of all time senpai.

>setting
>characters
>cinematography
>score and soundtrack (Sister Ray over the closing credits made me cum)
>borderline meme dialogue and acting that completely drew me in and couldn't get enough of

Also, Nora Zehetner is an all time qt. Shame she never got any bigger.
>>
>>71976233
yeah wtf she was hot as fuck
she was in heroes at some point and that's it
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.