[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some movie endings you would change, and how? I would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 1000x500
What are some movie endings you would change, and how? I would change the ending to Ghostbusters.

>we see the Ghostbusters cross streams to defeat Gozer, and all of a sudden a bright flash. Cut to Peter Venkman waking up from his medicated stuper. He looks around realizing he's in an insane asylum. Winston is revealed to be the janitor. Ray is pacing and yelling about his alien abduction; also a patient at the unknown clinic. Venkman is then sent into to see Dr. Egon. Egon asks Venkman if he still believes the world is inhabited by ghosts. Venkman screams in horror. Cut to black.
>>
>>71974320
What a great way to end a lighthearted comedy film
>>
So, objectively worse endings the thread?
>>
>>71974338
I bet all of this is set to the Requiem for a Dream theme too
>>
>>71974338
It's pretty clever if you think about it.
>>
>>71974320
thats a fucking shit ending
>>
>>71974320
>we see the Ghostbusters cross streams to defeat Gozer, and all of a sudden a bright flash. Cut to Peter Venkman waking up from his medicated stuper. He looks around realizing he's in an insane asylum. Winston is revealed to be the janitor. Ray is pacing and yelling about his alien abduction; also a patient at the unknown clinic. Venkman is then sent into to see Dr. Egon. Egon switches on a tv showing footage of the true Ghostbusters: four strong and sassy women. He asks Venkman if he still believes stupid evil men could be Ghostbusters. Venkman screams in horror. Cut to a strong independent black screen.
>>
>>71974405
It's just a carbon copy of Cabinet of Dr Caligari's ending. Only, unlike Caligari, it's comepletely out of place.
>>
File: Her2013Poster[1].jpg (122 KB, 250x370) Image search: [Google]
Her2013Poster[1].jpg
122 KB, 250x370
>when singularity happens and all the AIs leave humanity behind, Theodore is left feeling dejected
>then his doorbell rings
>he opens the door to find Samantha in an artificial human body, played by Scarlett Johansson
>Theodore turns to the camera and says "I could get used to this."
>All Star by Smash Mouth
>they embrace
>Credits
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 290x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 290x401
I've got tons of these. Thinking about getting into writing. Here's the one i have for The Matrix.

>Neo bursts through the door only to be shot and killed by Agent Smith. Back on the Nebuchadnezzar, Morpheus goes into an uncontrollable rage. He closes his eyes, and when he opens them they have the matrix code in them. We realize Morpheus was the one all along. As the sentinels rip into the shit, Morpheus picks up a wrench, and with lightning speed, smashes them all to pieces. Cut to black. The next scene we see Morpheus in a worn duster, flying into sentinel city. "The war has begun." He says as the credits starts to roll.
>>
Considering the main boy was dreaming up these fantasies while incorporating them into his day to day life while he was with that girl, why couldn't he imagine that girl to be there at the end and still alive? Even though she died half way in the movie you'd think it would make sense for her to still be alive in the fantasy realm?

This would have made the movie less sad and depressing. I have never known another kid's movie to make you cry so hard.
>>
>>71974504
Fucking perfect.
>>
Every movie is improved if a few seconds before the ending *It Ain't Me Starts playing*
>>
>>71974575
Just fucking awful.
>>
File: chris-hemsworth-blackhat.jpg (82 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
chris-hemsworth-blackhat.jpg
82 KB, 600x700
>Michael Mann gives a full apology for his atrocities towards film since 2000.
>>
File: ghostbusters.jpg (2 MB, 2120x1416) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters.jpg
2 MB, 2120x1416
After the portal is opening up and Rowan is wrecking havoc, Bill Murray and the remaining original Ghostbusters team suddenly appear while the Ghostbuster women are facing the other way when Murray taps McCarthy on the shoulder "Since when did they replace us with a lunch lady?"

"Who the hell are you?" McCarthy responds.

"Okay calm down Missy. I am surprised you were able to find some pants that fit you. I don;t even remember us having a size that large in our wardrobe."

"WHY are you dressed in a Ghostbusters outfit?" Leslie shouts out.

"Because we ARE the Ghostbusters! I hope you had fun pretending to be us. It was about half a year ago when we got swallowed up into this portal and Rowan was somehow able to erase time and our existence."

"Well I am sorry but men and women just don't work together well" says McCarthy.

"Just what year is this again?" Responds Murray while Rowan appears right in front of them, threatening to kill them all.
>>
>>71974808
haha no way why would you want to erase Empire Strikes Back?
>>
>>71974808
>Chewie is revealed to be the janitor
Wouldn't he just be some disturbed mentally challenged person hence he just groans?
>>
I would change the ending to Star Wars ANH.

>we see the heroes triumphant and about to receive medals, and all of a sudden a bright flash. Cut to Luke Skywalker waking up from his bacta stuper. He looks around realizing he's in an insane asylum. Chewie is revealed to be the janitor. Han is pacing and yelling about his Kessel Run; also a patient at the unknown clinic. Luke is then sent into to see Dr. Organa. Leia asks Luke if he still believes the world is inhabited by The Force. Luke screams in horror. Cut to black.
>>
>>71974320
Really makes you think...
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.