[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>various faggy ex army guys with beards act as security for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: 2.5 hours of dogshit.jpg (14 KB, 180x281) Image search: [Google]
2.5 hours of dogshit.jpg
14 KB, 180x281
>various faggy ex army guys with beards act as security for a cia op in benghazi and have a battle with sand niggers, the end
Shit writing, shit characters, boring story. Nice expolosions though! This has zero appeal unless you like cod cut scenes. Fuck you kids for shilling a 5/10 so hard
>>
>>71972477
>Shit writing, shit characters, boring story
>5/10
your rating scale is fucked up
>>
>>71972477
nuh uh
is da segual to black hauk down
>>
>>71972477
sup reddit
>>
>>71972477
>says it's pure shit
>gives it a 5/10

when the fuck did people become so lenient in their judgement?

I give 70+% of the movies I rate a solid 0/10, not afraid of it. If it has no redeeming quality, the score should be between 0 and 1 for the effort.

Stop being such a limped duck faggot
>>
>>71972495
it had nice explosions
>>
>>71972477

Do you not know it's based on a real event or something? On any other site I'd say this was a troll but knowing /tv/ you really do think they were original characters in a story someone made up.
>>
File: 1468214428398.jpg (27 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
1468214428398.jpg
27 KB, 650x600
>>71972530
>real event
>automatically means it good
>>
>>71972477
mad about not getting a bernie refund
>>
File: hurt_locker.jpg (348 KB, 1050x1500) Image search: [Google]
hurt_locker.jpg
348 KB, 1050x1500
>>71972477
Confirmed for Best Picture?
>>
>>71972530
>"based on a true story"
>ah, that must mean all of this actually happened
>>
>>71973843
it's amazing how good this film is at pleasing no one. Pro war people are just bored by everything (no need for arguments about lack of realism) and liberals get their lipservice while not enjoying the war shit.

it's literally a woman going "war sucks man, but you know whatever, the guys are aggressive, hot and psychos"
>>
>>71974123
It's really good.. just a bunch of dudes who are reluctantly drawn into that adrenaline-junkie cowboy's messed up adventures.
>>
>>71974123

>the most successful female director in Hollywood makes masculine military movies with lots of alpha males

tumblr BTFO
>>
>>71972545

It does mean you can't say these characters or plot are bad since it's recreating actual people and actual chain of events.

>>71973906

Unlike a rumor about a haunting or something all of this has been dissected in public court.
>>
>>71974215
>It does mean you can't say these characters or plot are bad since it's recreating actual people and actual chain of events

bullshit we can't
this wasn't made as a documentary, it's a movie supposed to entertain people
if the characters and plot aren't conducive to entertainment, then they're shit for that purpose
>>
File: 1468091631057.gif (1 MB, 302x449) Image search: [Google]
1468091631057.gif
1 MB, 302x449
What was the purpose of this scene?
>>
>>71974215
It's a work of fiction. Not a documentary.
>>
>>71974184
The build up she did in ZDT so the military genre stuff starts tense was masterful. And whoever did the photography was amazing in that. But you have to tolerate an hour and a half of her getting wet for rough torturer dudes and a stonk womyn to match.

>>71974176
it's really not good at all. It's martin riggs in "Bagdad Maverick Cop". By the time the shrink comes in to the guy playing xbox and he starts some bullshit monologue i'm already gone
>>
>>71974271
nerd vs jocks

but in that gif is a man being fabulous on the catwalk
>>
>>71974296

>Maya was a stronk womyn

She was just smart and a great analyst, there were times where she almost crumbled under the pressure. It's not like she went in with the SEALs.
>>
>>71974215
>It does mean you can't say these characters or plot are bad
Yes you can. My mom is a real person too and if you put 2 hours of her on screen it'd be fucking terrible
>>
>>71972477
I agree with you, OP, the explosions were quite nice.
>>
>>71974364
if she had gone with the SEALs it'd be the equivalent of those movies where a dog is the top basketball player or whatever. I'm saying it has problems, not that it's complete CopDog schlock

I meant about 15 characters were compressed into her, she's also the sassy strong old sex&thecity lady yelling at her boss and writing shit on his window and showing up to all the men in the room, intimidating torture victims, working with rough secret prision men, facing shootings etc
>>
>>71974424

You'd probably hate Homeland then.

I don't know, when watching the movie I didn't even think about the fact that she's a chick, wasn't a stretch to imagine her doing that shit. And they did the compressing probably because there were enough characters already, the movie would be far too disjointed otherwise.
>>
>>71974424
>i've never had a girlfriend

Fair enough
>>
>>71972477
This is objectively true.
>>
>>71974570
>I didn't even think about the fact that she's a chick
I did because I knew it was Bigelow's direction (her gaze on male action characters are different then, say, McTiernan or Donner).

gender is already there from the start when a woman is watching a fit soldier physically dominating arab #232891 like he's General Christian Grey. You immediatly know you needed a woman so modern audiences and liberal hollywood would root for this thing. You put some guy there and it doesn't feel so righteous and spunky and strong.

but yeah if she was the 20 or 40 people who were all compressed into her it'd be a shit mess of a movie.
>>
>>71974596
i'm sure your gfs were all apt and resourceful and were written by compressing several people into one strong person.

The strongest thing in my gfs was just the pussy smell one had. It could take down Bin Laden too.
>>
>>71974743

>gender is already there from the start when a woman is watching a fit soldier physically dominating arab #232891 like he's General Christian Grey.

Seems like I need to rewatch the movie, I recall that she was disturbed by the torture at first, not turned on.
>>
>>71974863
no, i didn't mean the character maya was turned on
>>
>>71974570
>You'd probably hate Homeland then.
well in homeland carrie is a nut

and she didn't do 10 years of cia work
>>
>>71972477
Hello, Hillary!
>>
>>71972477
>>71972523
fyi, you have to include something you like, otherwise you turn your review into a rant
But then again, this is tv tha's full of posers
>>
>>71974271
One is to make eye candy to girl
Two is to show men's hypocrisy on sexuality on screen
>>
>>71974424
Nevermind she's all over the place. Fine, you need to relate to the same character doing all these different people's tasks, it's a movie ok.

It got really absurd when this Washington office worker was one minute berating her boss and soon was at Area 51 with the SEALs to check out the secret new chopper then at the front base with them, then at the operation while the movie occasionally shits on the people behind desks.
>>
>>71977027
>men's hypocrisy on sexuality on screen
what?
>>
>>71974800
I've never had a girlfriend and I'm a neck beard virgin to boot, but can you tell me more of this horrible pussy smell?
>>
File: lS1FMEN.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
lS1FMEN.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>71972477
>>
>>71972477
fighting scenes where shit

fuck this movie and whoever recommended it to me
>>
>>71974364
>>71974296
"her confidence!"

so subtle
>>
>>71972477
After watching it I wished (I wouldn't waste a wish really) I hadn't ever watched the film because it was very cringy.
>>
>>71978389

There's SJW bullshit that deserves to be call out and then there's /r9k/ autism.
>>
>mfw silly boys think they can make good military movies near me
>>
It was less political than I thought it's gonna be. People were making this out to be hillary btfo: the movie.
>>
>>71972523
If explosions at what you like then you should stick to capeshit and leave movies like 13 hours to people who actually enjoy watching and paying attention
>>
>>71981294
liberals were whining, so idiots go "btfo" out of spite
>>
>>71981147
>FALCON: YOU'RE A LOOSE CANNON, HAWKEYE!
pls
>>
>>71981294

Isn't Bay in contact with the US military who help him with authenticity and stuff? I imagine he doesn't want to piss off the next Commander-in-Chief.
>>
>>71981446
i think since before Transformers. Everytime you see realistic gear, tanks, choppers etc usually the military helped out if they were "ok with the script" or gave some suggestions (if it was "propaganda"-ish enough)

leftys freaked out about it when it came out but modern "propaganda" is the most neutral shit ever
>>
Lone Survivor was better 2bh.
>>
>>71972477
Thank you for informing us that you're a low test numale beta cuck manlet virgin. You can leave now.
>>
>>71974271
wtf i like dudes now
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.