[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just saw it. It's not as bad as I feared, but not great.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1000x500
I just saw it. It's not as bad as I feared, but not great. The crowd seemed to like it quite a bit, so it will probably get good word of mouth started.

1. All the leaks are true
2. The dance scene starts in the movie, but doesn't take place. They disco pose and then the dancing is used over the end credits.
3. The end battle is an action scene in 1970s Times Square. They fight ghosts from all time periods with various new weapons McKinnon's character invents.
>>
I heard Leslie Jones got Vanilla Sky'd
>>
>>71963430
This place is a fucking shit whole. I figured people would want to actually hear about what the movie is like, but you just want poorly formed, terrible, forced memes.
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 280x358
>>71963974
>>
>>71963405
If this movie didn't have that baboon in it for the sake of progressiveness I would be interested.

I watch shitty movies all the time, even if the movie is bad I will sometimes enjoy it just because of how laughably shitty it is, but I refuse to watch this.
>>
>>71963405
>Crowd
>Good word of mouth
You lost me right there. Word spreading that its mediocre isnt going to get asses in seats. At best it might get people to see it when its at a dollar theater, or when its available to stream/rent. Anyway fuck off shill
>>
is it true that the black one is bringing back blackface cinema ideals with her character? thats the only way i'm going to see this trash
>>
>>71964359
>shill
There's that word again.
>>
So like a 6/10?
>>
>>71964643
Yup, that's about right. I'm not sure what I would have thought if I didn't know the whole plot, but it was fine. I still don't think it should have been made. Or it should have been a continuation with a mixed gender cast.
>>
>>71963405

A lot of pathetic white boys were scared that (GASP!) women would be taking over their childhoods. No other reboot saw anywhere near as much criticism, but this movie had girls in it. MRAs like alphaomegasin, thunderf00t and the Angry Videogame Nerd started talking about it too. The whole situation was a clusterfuck.

I hope this movie breaks records. A lot of idiots will be eating their words in a few weeks.
>>
OP again. Did anyone else get an advance showing, or are there other threads? I'm surprised there isn't more being posted since I'm sure they happened tonight in other cities.
>>
>>71963974
>shit whole
>>
>>71965420
>(You)
>>
>>71965515
I was typing fast and made a simple mistake. Fuck off.
>>
>>71965514
I saw it.

It's not very good. The leaks were all true. SFX were ok, but just...i dunno. Overdone? Like just too much.

There's a few funny moments, but it's pretty meh. Nobody leaving was excited or really talking about it afterwards.
>>
>>71966036
>SFX were ok, but just...i dunno. Overdone?
I was fine with the bright blues and greens used, but the fight scene at the end was a bit much. Ghostbusters was never an action movie, but I guess people expect a big action scene at the end of a movie now.
>>
File: 1463322595290 (1).jpg (34 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1463322595290 (1).jpg
34 KB, 375x375
Saw it too anon.

If you asked for a 50/50 movie, i'd show you this one. It was at the very least terrible but at the very best, good.

Lets just pin me as /pol/ but the reason this movie was so shit was honestly Leslie Jones. Who the fuck knows if it was her input or actually in the script but she was so fucking terrible.
Why would you honestly cry about being progressive then turn the black character into a sassy black urban woman? She was pretty much the only reason the scenes (minus a couple that went face first but not that many) that made me personally want to vomit happened, but as i realised they're the scenes that made the other idiots in the crowd laugh and cheer.

You've already seen most of them, they're the two in the trailers.
Her at the concert crying about how it was a race or a sex thing and her slapping the ghost out of the fat one crying about the lord.

They didnt have to exist, it would have been better if they didnt.

None of the characters are even close to their OG Counterpart, but if there was a legitimate Winston counterpart instead of that cunt, the movie would have been three points up.

Speaking of which, she was the only reason i'd say the chemistry of the team just flat out didnt work. The banter between Erin/Abby/Jillian 80% of the time worked and worked well, besides the scene from the trailer with the Wig/Hat.

Short versions of the other shit:
Music was absolute garbage
Ghost designs were fairly shit minus a couple at the end
They went real fucking heavy handed on abusing people. From shoving YouTube comments into the film, Having the main villan be the dreaded "White Male" who wants the world "Cleansed", Taking a shot at him being a virgin like its a bad thing, Shooting his final form in the dick as the finishing blow of sorts.

It could have been a pretty good surprise.
>>
>>71966498
Also, last act was fairly fucking rushed.

And, with that NO FUCKING GHOSTS ARE TAKING OVER NEW YORK SCENE

FUCK YOU FEIG
>>
>>71966498
I agree, I guess I was just expecting it to be so bad I would want to walk out, even if it was free, so I was a little surprised. The crowd LOVED McKinnon and applauded when she came up in the credits. I have to say I thought she was pretty good and played the character really weirdly in a good way.

It was far more of a comedy than the original. Not that it worked better, but it was tossing out jokes constantly from the first scene.

I said earlier, but I wish it was a continuation and a mixed gender cast. The "girl" stuff you mentioned was a bit heavy handed, but also not nearly what it could have been.

Jones wasn't as much of a stereotype as I figure either. At least the character was smart and an amateur historian. She just played it in the only way she knows how, which is too bad. That character could have been handled better in different hands.

I still think it doesn't need to exist, but it's not unwatchable.
>>
>>71966741
I enjoyed McKinnon honestly.
Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig were just there to move the plot along, but McKinnon was the fill for the Smart Joker aka Bill Murray and the Flat Enginner aka Ramis and i thought she blended it well.
There are two scenes i didnt enjoy with her in them, being the Wig/Hat at the concert and their first scene in the new office which was her just dancing behind her desk. Honestly, they just weren't needed.

I think it needed to be a comedy from the start. They knew they werent going to touch the original, it blended comedy and a sort of redemption story, but they never really touched that, at least they tried with the whole "We're gonna need to call you fakes to cover our ass" part and somehow them taking it saying "We dont need the publics approval" was redeeming?

I didnt mind the "girl" stuff outside some of the absolutely shit stuff. Wiig splooshing over Hemsworth got real fucking old, and the other just straight "Fuck white men lmao" shit was poor writing based on the hurt feelings of Paul Feig.

I cant agree with you saying Jones wasnt a stereotype. I'd like to say she was a "amateur historian" but it was only brought up to move the plot along at the end, and they honestly just wanted to make her be the "street smart urban sassy black woman" which is the stereotype they've been forcing black women into for years. Arent they supposed to be breaking this shit?
>>
>>71966741
>>71967192
I thought it was fine honestly, minus its extreme lows. Chris Hemworth was an absolute blast and his comedic timing was incredible, The final battle was visually stunning but it was too rushed. There was no "Ghosts taking over" scene as i mentioned and honestly the ghosts just seemed like they were just minions to fight the Ghostbusters and thats it, because they fucking disappeared straight after that. The "Choose your destructor" idea was neat, but they had to ruin it with a dick shot. Every scene with slimer in it was fucking terrible, but i guess they ran out of ideas and had to shove one last cameo in and use it to move the plot.
>>
>>71966036
The rape scene was a little over the top. Most of the people walked out of the theater by that point. All in all I wouldn't say it's worth the effort.
>>
File: Day-of-rage-protests.jpg (95 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
Day-of-rage-protests.jpg
95 KB, 750x422
friday, rumors of more riots, im too scared to go see it
>>
>>71967220
>There was no "Ghosts taking over" scene
Yeah, that was lacking. I guess keeping it in Times Square only kept up the keeping it secret and disavowing plot point, but that's one of the best parts of the original. It really feels like the end of the world with all of the people praying and religious leaders present at the building.
>>
File: you.jpg (74 KB, 551x784) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
74 KB, 551x784
>>71965420
>>
>>71963405
>image.jpg
>>
from what you saw, do you think this movie will not only recover what the money it spent but actually earn enough to make a franchise out of it?
>>
>>71965420

what subreddit was this?
>>
File: 1466111725275.gif (415 KB, 480x238) Image search: [Google]
1466111725275.gif
415 KB, 480x238
>>71965420
>>
>>71966498
>shoving YouTube comments into the film
Wait how did they manage this?

Also I heard there was a fuck tone of product placement. What are your thoughts on that?
>>
>>71964406
Basically, yes.
>>
>>71965420

I know there are people who genuinely think like this, but I was far more disgusted by Robocop being remade, and Ben-Hur makes me furious. The difference is that Ghostbusters is bigger budget, more visible and being pushed as some revolution in cinema because it has women starring in it. If it didn't feel so forced, I wouldn't care.
>>
>>71965659
You were typing quickly and made two simple mistakes.
>>
>>71972084
>but I was far more disgusted by Robocop being remade
Why?
>>
>>71965420
>the Angry Videogame Nerd
you realize that's just one of a few characters that guy plays? Lol of course you do meme tourist

>I hope this movie breaks records. A lot of idiots will be eating their words in a few weeks.
Well thats guaranteed not to happen considering the China ban.

Personally I hope it tanks but if that's not in the cards I'd like to see it make 79 cents for every dollar the original did
>>
>>71963974
Why do memes hurt your feelings so much?
>>
>>71965420
You seem to assume that all the people who disagree with you are misogynist. Any criticism whit what op said had nothing to do with women other than abusing the black stereotype.
Frankly you've proven you don't read and just look for issues to have arguments over.
>>
>>71963405
>1970s
Wut
>>
>>71972826
Yeah, this confused me too. The times square ads have Blu Ray logos up there, so how 1970?
>>
File: jeb.jpg (87 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
jeb.jpg
87 KB, 800x600
Just got back from seeing it. Now I did think the movie was shitty overall, HOWEVER, there were a couple of good things about the movie. Since basically every post in this thread is about how terrible it is, let me say the few things I did actually like about it.
>The blackface ghostbuster is actually entertaining IMO
>Chris Hemsworth is annoying but funny
>There were a few jokes (not too many of them), that were kinda funny
>Bill Murray scenes were pretty good
>The final boss ghost actually looks like the ghost on the ghostbusters logo, the fight they have with him was cool because of that
>Ghost fighting tech looked cool
>>
File: 1457110439792.jpg (23 KB, 460x327) Image search: [Google]
1457110439792.jpg
23 KB, 460x327
>>71965420
>I hope this movie breaks records

The only record it's going to break is the record for largest collective feminist butthurt when your generic, unremarkable remake fades into obscure mediocrity in a few weeks time.
>>
>>71972893
come on anon.
let loose on what Bill Murray was doing there.
>>
File: helloreddit.jpg (678 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
helloreddit.jpg
678 KB, 3192x2124
>>71963405
>>71963974
>>71964618
>>
File: ghostbusters 2016 clearance.jpg (310 KB, 1384x679) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters 2016 clearance.jpg
310 KB, 1384x679
>>71965420
>>
>>71972893
>Fighting the logo was cool
Shill.
>>
>>71972921
He had no purpose being in the movie, but he was still funny. He played a ghost skeptic and was an asshole. He got killed by a ghost pretty early on in the film. I don't know why but I thought it was funny.
>>
>>71963405
if you remove every tomatometer review that has the words nerds/misogyny/feminism it has 11% positive
>>
>>71972950
I'd ask about other cameos, but I doubt you'd wanna go down the list.

Guess Ackroyd interests me, as well as if Weaver was around. Or Annie Potts.
>>
>>71972893
>fighting StayPuff 2.0 was cool

No
>>
File: 1467762072806.gif (816 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
1467762072806.gif
816 KB, 400x398
>>71972940
>$2.98
>>
So how brutal was there "ad lib insults to YouTube comment trolls" scene?
>>
>>71972985
>Ackroyd
He's a cab driver who says "I ain't fraid of no ghosts"
>>
>HOW DO YOU LIKE YOU GHOST BHUSTIN!

REAL BAD GIRL SISTA!

No, it's really bad. I hated ghostbusters before. SNL is garbage and they just kept fucking with it.
>>
>>71973306

I'm actually mad that they employed a special effects department. You fucking suck.
>>
>>71973327

IS THERE A FAT PERSON THAT CAN GO DOWN THE SUPERSLIDE?

Naw, you just suck.
>>
Although the shot itself was well executed, the rape scene felt completely out of place. The ambient music used during the scene was top notch also. Chris Hemsworth seemed way into it which added an extra layer of realism.
>>
>>71973583
I think the new Ghostbusters now holds the record for longest rape scene.
>>
>>71973727
Out of curiosity i Googled the previous longest rape scene and it belongs to the movie "I spit on your grave".

A whole 25 minute gange rape scene.
>>
File: bravosony.png (4 MB, 1657x1243) Image search: [Google]
bravosony.png
4 MB, 1657x1243
>>71971987
It's a Sony film. I don't know why anybody is surprised.
>>
>>71966741
>applauded
Clapistan
>>
Why the FUCK is the final boss the logo?
>>
File: 1465365384219.jpg (41 KB, 540x660) Image search: [Google]
1465365384219.jpg
41 KB, 540x660
the laser nutshot would have been funny if they made a "ballbusters" joke

I'm sure they didn't
>>
>>71975760

Apparently Patty saw a logo in the subway and when they had to choose the form of the destroyer she chose that.
>>
>>71975797
From what I've heard it's not that shameless of a ripoff of the Gozer scene.

> they exorcise the bad guy (Rowan?)
> he says fuck it, choose a form for me
> Jones immediately says "something cute and friendly please"
> he sees their logo and turns into that

Apparently it's actually a 2D cartoon to start
>>
>>71974862
It's not just Sony product placement though.

Apparently they make jokes about how delicious pringles are
>>
>>71971987
Every time they recorded them finding a ghost for evidence, they put it on YouTube as well. Then the "joke" just goes "Heres what this person said: No bitches gonna be hunting no ghosts or fake and gay you all look like whores" or something.

As for product placement, typical sony stuff. Everybody uses Sony Vaio laptops and everybody uses Sony Camcorders. Couldnt notice anything outside of that.
>>
>>71975797
>>71975874
Correct.

After the trailer scene with Chris Hemsworth coming up with logos (Its better than the trailer makes it out to be, much better) they go see this Ghost patty saw in the subway.

Theres a graffiti artist that Patty knows that they ask if they've seen the ghost, then theres a whole scene of him painting a description of it on the wall, and it ends up being the old Ghostbusters logo. Then McKinnon takes a photo of it and they do the other shit.

At the very end Rowan after hopping out of Chris Hemsworth decides to unleash his power and asks for a form, then patty says something like "Yeah if im gonna be fighting your ass you gotta be something small and cute" then he transforms into the 2D logo then grows.
>>
>>71972084
>Ben-Hur remake

...What?
...WHY?
>>
>>71975971
Mmmmm dese pringles are goooood
>>
>>71977761
crunchy golden parabolas! Arent I so quirky and weird for saying parabola?

Also make sure to order Papa Johns!
>>
File: I aint afraida no ghoste.jpg (73 KB, 960x504) Image search: [Google]
I aint afraida no ghoste.jpg
73 KB, 960x504
>Say it Dan Akroyd!
>Say it!
>>
Please Dont go see the new ghostbusters
>>
>>71977279

>he doesn't know Ben-Hur has been remade before

Summer children, everyone. Go back to r/kia, r/the_donald and r/theredpill
>>
>banned in China
Kek. Dead on arrival.
The foreign box office is going to be terrible.
>>
>>71963974
>>71965659
lmao fatty is getting mad as fuck
>>
>>71979020
>banned because they're scared of ghosts

wow
>>
>>71979188
Refused certification because China doesn't give a shit about Ghostbusters, old or new.
>>
>>71963974
baneposting really killed this board
>>
>>71963405
Did Ramis make a cameo as one of the ghosts?
>>
>>71979248
There's a bust of him in the movie.
>>
>>71979216
It is because chinese religion is all about ancestral worship and portraying ghosts in media can be seen as offensive. And Sony being Japanese doesn't help.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.