[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when Benecio Del Toro's character walks into the interrogation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
So when Benecio Del Toro's character walks into the interrogation room with the Water, what did he do with it? cuz the camera panned away...
Also HOLY HELL THAT WAS A GOOD MOVIE and recommend more....
>inb4 The Town
>inb4 Heat
seen em
>>
>>71939912
While I haven't seen it, check out 13 hours. It was hyped here as core /operation/ movie

Maybe they drank the water after Benicio rapes him?

Also, the bridge and the tunnel scenes were amazing, most def my favorite part of the movie. Actors did a great job, especially Benicio and Blunt.
>>
>>71939912

just water boarded him
>>
File: 1467893095798.jpg (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1467893095798.jpg
55 KB, 400x400
>The Town

That movie is a chunk of shit.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_torture

desu senpai

Tropa de Elite or whatever is essential operator core.
>>
Honestly? This movie was bad, especially compared to what Villeneuve had done before (Prisoners, Enemy and Incendies).

If you like it, check out Prisoners; not the same theme, but kind of the same tension, imagery and everything else.
>>
>>71941204
13 Hours was pretty good, it doesn't get political, although I wouldn't have minded Bay giving Hillary some blame.
>>
>>71941236
He didn't say it was good nor bad, he just said that he saw it, so people wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>71939912

My guess is waterboarding and hitting him with all that weight.
>>
>>71941262
lol no. I haven't seen Incendies but Sicario is by far his best work.

Prisoner and Enemy are much less interesting.
>>
>>71941262
Why is it bad? Actors were great, you could sympatize with the main character, it had great direction, and great action scenes. The only flaw I had was that the story was nothing original. It was 7-8/10 for me.
>>
>>71941271
Not him but The Town is nothing like Sicario so I don't know why he brought it up. Also The Town sucked.
>>
>>71941260
>Tropa de Elite
We need more people like Nascimento.
>>
>>71939912
Did he urinate on him or make him smell his smegma? White people, baka.
>>
File: reallynigga.jpg (12 KB, 188x196) Image search: [Google]
reallynigga.jpg
12 KB, 188x196
Wasn't there some gay rape scene? I knew you were all faggots.
>>
>>71941352
>del toro
>white
>>
>>71941308
Blunt was OK, Benicio was just... sort of there? Most of the time, nothing special. The best were the Seals.

That Mexico sequence is quite good, but apart from that :
- plot is uninteresting;
- twist is ridiculous (omg you just used me 'cause I'm FBI);
- ending falls flat

Even that scene where Benicio kills the family is boring, no tension.

I came out of the cinema keeping absolutely nothing from it, shame, I was really looking forward to it before seeing it.

>>71941304
How is Sicario more interesting than Enemy? For real, Sicario's plot is lame, Enemy is the definition of interesting, even if you don't like the result.
>>
>>71941334
14 yo trumpfag detected

How's life in fantasy world?
>>
>>71941329

I've seen it before 2-3 years ago, so I can't comment on it, because I do not remember it that well. But, it kinda felt like a worse version of The Heat.
>>
>>71941400
>he doesn't like captain nascimento
>calls other people 14 yo
>>
>>71941393
Dude just kill yourself. Seriously end your dumb life.

>Enemy
How is generic arthouse flick interesting at all? Enemy is a beautiful movie but extremely safe as an "artsy" movie. What can you even say about it? It's not interesting at all.

Prisoners is also pretty uninteresting because again it's very safe and contained within itself. It even has a cringe tier twist that I'm sure will make the movie hard to rewatch.

Sicario has the best elements of both and goes even further. The movie is much more interesting because nothing is delivered on a plate, nothing is solved, there's no good or evil and it's just depressing and unforgiving in terms of actual story and the film itself. If this went the way of Prisoners it would have been a generic and derivative(I'm guessing of fincher) mostly action movie.
>>
>>71941393
I'd say she was more than okay, but I disagree with you on Benicio. He was always there, yes, he didn't have that much focus on him, but he was always there. During the interrogation, bridge scene, the tunnel scene, the scene where Blunt almost got killed, tactics discussion etc. Plot isn't anything special, but it was interesting to me. It had interesting political commentary, how 'Muricans need to break the law to have some kind of effect in Cartel wars, beacuse if you just lock them up or something similar, new ones will come and you won't do shit. Breaking the law is more effective in this situation. And there was no twist, it was established since the beginning that they were using her since the start when she joined them, so I disagree there as well. What do you mean by "ending falls flat"? It wasn't something remarkable, but it serves well for this kind of movie. And I disagree that the family scene was tensionless, it was good.
>>
>>71941441
Yeah I'm sure you're just like him
>>
>>71941406
Well that makes sense because it's very forgettable.

>a worse version of The Heat.
It is.
>>
Villeneuve is pretty terrible director. I am convinced he is actually stupid.
>>
>>71941560
>if it's safe so it's bad
>I want people to shit on film and call it art
>only then will it truly be original
>>
>>71941560
>Dude just kill yourself
E D G Y

D

G

Y
>>
>>71941615
Heat is pretty bad. I'd rate the Extended Cut of the Town better than it. Then again, I never had high opinion of Mann and his (horrible) works.
>>
>>71941684
>Mann and his (horrible) works

Nice b8 mate, got me to reply
>>
>>71941697
Oh he has some nice cinematography here and there but rest of it is like airport novels directed for men. They're quite garbage.
>>
File: sicario border shootout.webm (1 MB, 960x400) Image search: [Google]
sicario border shootout.webm
1 MB, 960x400
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>71941658
>if it's safe so it's bad
If it's safe it's less interesting. Read the post again dumb fuck.
>I want people to shit on film and call it art
What? Anyway. Enemy being arsty is actually an argument against it. The source materiel is good but the movie feels like a graduation project from someone who went to "film school" but with an expansive actor.
>only then will it truly be original
Not sure what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1454635102443.jpg (16 KB, 296x312) Image search: [Google]
1454635102443.jpg
16 KB, 296x312
>I'm getting a boner
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>71941751
>>>I want people to shit on film and call it art
>What? Anyway. Enemy being arsty is actually an argument against it. The source materiel is good but the movie feels like a graduation project from someone who went to "film school" but with an expansive actor.
It is by-the-numbers film made with Lynchian ticks and tocks.

It is shit.
>>
>>71941684
I too think Heat is overrated especially on /tv/ but it's not that bad. I didn't like it that much. It needs less praise from mannbabies.
>>
File: Too safe.jpg (69 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Too safe.jpg
69 KB, 800x600
>>71941751
>Wow, so safe, I like my statues when they are fucking each other in the ass
>Only then can I truly be art
>>
>>71941774
He is perfectly fine human male specimen and his penis works.
>>
File: sicario dark.webm (3 MB, 1300x540) Image search: [Google]
sicario dark.webm
3 MB, 1300x540
>>71941774
benis go up
>>
>>71941393
There were no seals in the film though
>>
>>71939912
Way of the gun. Essential Benicio Del Toro kino.
>>
File: 1465114944803.jpg (66 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
1465114944803.jpg
66 KB, 470x595
>>71941895
pretty sure I saw the seal of the FBI or CIA at some point
>>
File: happy pepe.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
happy pepe.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>71941956
>>
>>71941797
That doesn't make any sense here. First of all no one is trying to "be art" here. It's simple really, which would be more interesting? A generic movie that has been done a million times before or a movie with a fairly fresh take on certain topic and without trying to make the movie into a neat digestible package for the dumb masses?
>>
>>71942006
oops meant for>>71941801
>>
>>71941895
>>71941956
ex-seals?
>>
>>71942048
they were deltas did you even listen to the dialogues?
>>
>>71941845
absolute kino
>>
>>71942061
yeah, I don't care which fucking army corp they come from tho because i'm not a dumb american gun obsessed faggot

with all due respect
>>
>>71942082
neither am I
>>
>>71942006
>>71942043
Oh, that's understandable, the way you put it in the other posts implied a film had to be "original" in the post-modern sense, which doesn't imply originality, but involves crossing boundaries of human decency, although there aren't many left to cross these days.
>>
>>71942082
>seals
>army
m8
>>
>>71942127
>but involves crossing boundaries of human decency,
Where the fuck did I say or imply any of this?
>>
>>71939912
the end of watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKEumcjARwY

My Evil is Big

For You
>>
>>71941980
such a beautiful frog
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.