[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Only God Forgives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Only_God_Forgives_poster.jpg (54 KB, 270x386) Image search: [Google]
Only_God_Forgives_poster.jpg
54 KB, 270x386
What are /tv/'s thoughts on this movie?
>>
kino
>>
kino
>>
Favorite movie. Stuck with me for days after I saw it and it was all I could think about. Even better on rewatches.
>>
File: Wanna Fight.jpg (154 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wanna Fight.jpg
154 KB, 1920x1080
Didn't Refn even say that he thought OGF was aimless and pretty shitty? I think he said it in My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn.
>>
One of the only films I ever actually laughed at while watching it with someone. Makes Drive look like a good film by comparison.
>>
File: 1468136208702.jpg (62 KB, 623x713) Image search: [Google]
1468136208702.jpg
62 KB, 623x713
>>71939043
Why was this film almost universally hated upon release bros?

People don't get that scapegoat with BvS saying it's just plain capeshit and shouldn't have been anything more, most critics are mad about the lack of proper storytelling while at the same time praise 2001, wtf is goin on here?
>>
kino
>>
>>71939133
I hate to sound like a hipster faggot, but critics seem to need every piece of information spoon fed to them. Refn trusted people to look a little deeper into OGF, but people couldn't do it on release and proceeded to shit on it.

I'm glad that it's accepted as good now though.
>>
is the movie as atmospheric as neon demon? i've delayed watching ogf cos i fear its boring bur neon demon was most hypnotic experience in a long time
>>
>>71939133
Well when most people can't piece together some concrete meaning to whatever they see it makes them hate that certain thing, with BvS they couldnt properly labell everything they saw with an objective meaning so instead of blaming themselves they'll blame the artist.

Anyone who disagrees is a redditor or shill
>>
>>71939103
He has said later that he always ends up hating every film he makes.
>>
>>71939043
Great. I loved it. My friend have watched so many times now.
Just a great feeling and atmosphere. Also not spoon-feeding you everything, that was the problem with Neon Demon, it was to obvious in its dialog etc.
>>
>>71939132
wanna fight?
>>
>>71939103

Its a autism thing.

He doesnt really, but instead of having to hear criticism, he preemptively hates on himself.

>>71939043

Honestly... Its tricky.

On the one hand its amazing at keeping the audience guessing at to how literal vs allegorical the entire plot is (god).

On the other hand there is too much shock value.
>>
>>71939043
I thought it was a great idea for a film. Completely ruined by trying to be 2 deep and hipstery.
>>
Really liked it. The visuals were the best thing
>>
>>71939043
I can't really point out why, but I love it.
>>
See him walking towards you

what do?
>>
>>71939695
"I don't believe in God"
*tip fedora*
*swoosh my trench coat away and disappear into the night*
>>
>>71939103
Well, Kafka said his writing is shit and asked in his will for everything to be burned.
>>
>>71939103
That's because he's autistic and weak-willed. Just about every critic hated this movie, even king of /tv/ Armond White

When there's that much backlash against you you're bound to believe it yourself
>>
I thought /tv/ generally disliked this film
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.