[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the best player in the game? Avon, Stringer, Joe, Omar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: marlo-stanfield.jpg (115 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
marlo-stanfield.jpg
115 KB, 512x512
Who was the best player in the game? Avon, Stringer, Joe, Omar? No, it was me. Marlo. The best the game has ever seen. Not even the cops could get me. Now excuse me while I go stare at a blank wall for the next few hours without making any expressions.
>>
File: The_Wire_Michael.jpg (45 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
The_Wire_Michael.jpg
45 KB, 506x316
I'm pretty sure Michael was the most based.
>>
>>71937038
The point was that there was no best player, only the best player currently, everyone can be king for a while but everyone has an expiration date when their methods become outdated or they stop doing well what they did before and some young gun takes over.
>>
>>71937482
Marlo got the best of everyone though. It's just such a shame they made him such a dull character.
>>
Avon got caught twice but remained the kaaang in prison.
>>
>>71937038
obviously poot
if you don't get why i don't know why this show even appeals to you in the first place
>>
>>71937525
That was kind of the point, though. Marlo's gang represented the next generation, with no respect for the old traditions, yet even more brutal and better at the game than their predecessors.
His gang were supposed to feel kind of soulless and sociopathic in comparison to the existing gangs. But that's the whole idea. Marlo is just the next step. Avon was the one before, and his predecessors surely saw him as alien and disrespectful too.
The horror of Marlo's character is when you realize for all his inhumanity, there will be someone who takes the crown from him that's even more vicious. Things will just get worse and worse and worse.
>>
>>71937038
Avon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kQLgWw9aRw
>>
File: kostroff2b.jpg (70 KB, 280x418) Image search: [Google]
kostroff2b.jpg
70 KB, 280x418
Levy
>>
>>71937038
>Not Slim Charles
Wew lad
>>
>>71937038

>Not Michael

You bitch ass nigga.
>>
>>71940277
He got cucked by some dumb prosecutor woman who is fucking a nigger.

>>71937038
Kenard is the best player. That nigger got more rep than anyone in town. He took down Omar when he was just a lil kid. He's going to be the next to wear the crown and he will wear it good.
>>
File: newt sad.png (129 KB, 321x240) Image search: [Google]
newt sad.png
129 KB, 321x240
>>71940277
>you will never have a bite of Yvette's brisket
>>
>>71938544

>Avon
named after a women's perfume and makeup company
>>
Charles was the best at "The Game", but overall Stringer was the best. I know a bit in season 2 and most of season 3 he looked dumb, but I don't think anyone else was as good overall in both street and white collar crime.

The problem is that he was good at playing both Chess and Checkers, but never the best at either one. Only in situations where he could combine both was he the best, like creating the co-op, buying real estate, figuring out how to dodge the cops and protect the money, but it doesn't matter how great he was at both when the people he is dealing or working with only play one type of game exclusively and they are a step ahead of him in it. He was trying to play an entirely different type of game, but it doesn't matter how great you are at it if no one else is playing it.
>>
>>71937525
Well you say dull, I say stoic, ruthless and a force of nature.
>>
>>71940428
in the end Kenard was being taken in by one of the black homocide detectives.
>>
>>71940315
>"It was for Prop Joe!"

I fucking cheered.
>>
Marlo got lucky is all.

He lucked out just like Stringer did except he never wanted out.

He would have been fine with jail, even preferred it to freedom of it meant he couldn't sing anymore.

He was an idiot. The game goes one last the street to another level that isn't looked down upon, and he had no interest in anything but standing by the gutter.

Avon ruled everywhere he stood,and if it hadn't been for Stringer, he'd still be going.
>>
>>71941547
He had the personality of a lawn chair. He was a weak big villain in terms of being interesting when you compare him to the others in the series I think.
>>
>>71941141

He sucked at white collar.

He didn't talk to his lawyer. That's retardation.
>>
>>71937038
I always thought it was pretty bullshit that Herc just so happened to get a job with the jew that was helping out Avon, and just happened to get his number.

Kind of weakened the last season for me.
>>
>>71941760
>Avon ruled everywhere he stood,and if it hadn't been for Stringer, he'd still be going
If it wasn't for Stringer Avon would have gotten busted at the beginning of season 1 right when they got on the case or before that. Stringer was the one that came up with and implemented the plans that protected them and their operation. Avon was a solider and muscle at heart that climbed too high because Stringer rose them up to a place where he thought they wanted to go, but at the end realized he didn't belong.
>>
File: 6661023.jpg (14 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
6661023.jpg
14 KB, 400x300
>>71937038
>>
>>71941792
I think he was good at it. He bought up all the real estate, created legitimate business from his money, and made those businesses profitable even without the drug money. It's just he ran into people that were better. Of course he was going to have them killed before he died. Who knows how he would have done if he killed them and he stayed alive and continued along with his real estate dealings with them out of the way.

Also I think he talked to his lawyer. Before he died he was sending over documents to go over with Levy.
>>
>>71941814
A lot of things made the last season pretty weak. At least the ending montage was great.
>>
>>71941640

He's a kid. He won't get sent to prison or anything.
>>
>>71942007
he wasn't even a player, he stood above the game
>>
wasnt it implied that dookie was the big guy behind everything
>>
>>71942134

He didn't and when he did he didn't listen be sure he thought he knew better.

It's the entire reason he got swindled in the construction scheme.
>>
>>71937038
Avon is out in the streets and still owns his corners while Prop Joe is dead and Marlo is out of the game

Marlo was good but he lucked out a lot of times
>>
>>71942409
Because he never dealt with anything like it before. Of course they haven't really dealt with anyone like him too which is why Davis was going to get killed and he had no idea.
>>
>>71942450
How did Avon have his corners if he didn't have anyone left in his organization? Bodie was one of the last holdouts but died and Slim Charles left to join Joe's crew didn't he?
>>
>>71940605
Texan redneck horsefuckers do brisket better than Jewish thieves.

Jewish cuisine is pretty damn mediocre. Aside from squirreling away cash and co-ercing others to do the work for them Jews don't do anything well.
>>
>>71942548
because the king remains the king, Avon has a name still untouched he will put up a crew very fast hell I bet Slim Charles was just keeping the store open under Avons command from jail
>>
True gangsters of The Wire, aka winners:

1. The Greek (the one that rules th fucking nigger-jungle)
2-5. Maurice Levy, Clay Davis, Valchek, former mayor Royce.

Marlo is just an HM.
>>
Technicay the greeks played the game the best .. However in terms of the street dudes, id say Black (Marlo). Prop Joe also played very well. Tied between him and Avon.
>>
>>71942225
wat
>>
>>71937038
The greek
>Im not even greek
or spiros
>my name is not my name
>>
>>71942779
Didn't Davis get busted at the end?
>>
>>71937754
Well said.
>>
>>71942837
Prop Joe excelled at seeing the game in terms of a business and trying to fine tune it by pushing the sides towards peace and profitability, but that was his biggest failing. It's not just a business. For people like Marlo, it's everything. No amount of money was going to save Joe once Marlo concluded he had to go to get closer to being king.
>>
>>71942195
He bought dope for dollar and sold it for two. This is the game.
>>
I still have no idea why the Greek thought replacing Joe with Marlo after one meeting was a good idea.
>>
>>71941547
>>71941770
He was clearly autistic
>>
>>71944617
Because not replacing him means involvement into niggers fighting more than necessary. He could sell dope to Marlo it is just business. It doesn't hurt sells.
>>
>>71937038
>wonders who the best player is
>asks that question when we've got The Greek saying that he's not even Greek
>>
>>71937539
>obviously poot

jej
>>
>>71937539
>the best player of the game is the guy who stands up and says, "I'm not playing any more."

I'm not sure you understand anything.
>>
File: latest.jpg (53 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
53 KB, 480x360
What was that character supposed to be? Some type of capeshit gangster?
Was it foreshadowing that capeshit will ruin and bend the rules of the overall game?
>>
>>71945971
best move is not to play my man
>>
>>71937038
the best player in the game was obviously Senator Clay Davis. sheeeeeiiiit!
>>
>>71945679
He didn't know a thing about Marlo, other than the fact that he had no idea how to launder money. Prop Joe was more cautious, more experienced, had better connections and investments, kept a lower profile and wasn't being investigated for 30 murders. Betraying Joe was a retarded idea.
>>
>>71946011
That's not playing, my man.
>>
>>71937038
Why do people pretend this show is any good?
>>
>>71937038
Stringer nearly went legit. After that, as that wise old police said, he would have been untouchable.

The problem was his arrogance and his habit of falling back to street tactics when things got tough. If he had simply just bought property and rented it out instead of trying to play a bigger game, then he could have easily gone legit and lived the rest of his life rich and in peace.
>>
>>71937120
one of my favorite scenes or moments with him is when he's on the run from Marlo's gang and goes home to collect his little bro and Dukie is sitting watching tv and tells him about Dexter, the serial killer who kills serial killers, which is exactly what Michael has become.
>>
>>71946199
>i don't like it
>therefore, it's not good
found the dunce
>>
>>71942179
I'm going to assume you are white because minorities especially black and latino children get treated like adults.
>>
File: 1427293548987.gif (1 MB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
1427293548987.gif
1 MB, 450x337
>>71946513
>have a foot-long dick and four-volume criminal record by age 14
>"child"
I'm going to assume you're a liberal or a Jew because only an imbecile would think a super-predator could be a child.
>>
>>71946513
>minorities especially black and latino children get treated like adults.
not that guy, but from what an ex who works in the system told me that only on rare occasions are kids charged like adults, minorities or otherwise. like when there is overwhelming evidence and the crime is really heinous. Kenard was probably caught on video cam, though, if the store cam was functioning, and would undoubtedly have been charged like an adult if that video were submitted to evidence. however, if there's no concrete evidence, it's juvie for him until he's 18, no doubt only to be released and become the next Marlo.
>>
>>71943137
He beat the charges thanks to being tried by a Baltimore city jury.
>>
>>71946090
What can be done? Give Joe a warning? Then he runs away and retires and Greek is in the same situation with Marlo been his buyer. or even worse Joe starts war and then beaten crawls to Greek begging for shooters and Greek finds himself dragged into niggers wars. Greek chooses to let niggers sort their relations themselves.

It is not Greek replacing Joe, it is Marlo replacing him.
>>
File: 56456.jpg (51 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
56456.jpg
51 KB, 620x413
>>71947146
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.