[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've somehow managed to not see a single one of these movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault (18).jpg (238 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (18).jpg
238 KB, 1440x1080
I've somehow managed to not see a single one of these movies yet and have only recently read through The Hobbit and now I've just finished Fellowship. When I watch these for the first time, should I start with The Hobbit Trilogy, or straight with the LOTR trilogy?
>>
Id say the Hobbit, get the worst out of the way.

Watching The Hobbit after LOTR will probably just depress you.
>>
Whatever you feel like. LotR > Hobbit, so just choose if you like the worse or best first.
>>
Just don't watch the fucking Hobbit. leave LoTR untainted.
>>
Is The Hobbit hate just a case of it being nowhere near as good as the original trilogy, or are they legitimately awful even in a vacuum?
>>
dont watch the Hobbit movies

do watch the hobbit cartoom
>>
>>71925942
This, seriously OP, don't

>>71925992
The Hobbit Trilogy is just as terrible as the Star Wars prequels. Hell, they might even be worse.
>>
Watch the theatrical versions of the LOTR trilogy first, then watch the extended editions.

Don't bother watching the Hobbit. You will be disappointed.
>>
>>71925992

The first one is the closest in tone to LOTR, and actually isnt that bad.

2 is worth it for Smaug id say, and the odd scene here and there. Its just the shitty humor and overabundance of CG which ruins it.

3 is just a massive battle so youll know by the first 2 whether youd like it.

There are some good bits in all 3 but when compared to LOTR they are few and fair between
>>
>>71925992
first Hobbit movie is enjoyable on its own. The others are prequel-tier garbage.

Unexpected Journey has very little of the LotR feeling
>>
>>71926082
>that sauron scene in 2

I don't care what anyone says

it was awesome
>>
>>71926236
yeah that scene with the Eye and Sauron was trippy af, probably the highlight of the movie
>>
>>71926055
>terrible as the Star Wars prequels
huh... really makes you think
>>
Watch only LotR. Forget the Hobbit films exist.
>>
>>71925822
Hobbit stuff is a garbage corporate money grab. LOTR is the place you should both start and finish

The Hobbit could halve been a great stand alone , but greed fucked it hard
>>
>>71925822

Lotr extended edition and skip the hobbit
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.