[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a single sitcom where the wife/mom isn't a nagging
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 122987.jpg (52 KB, 520x320) Image search: [Google]
122987.jpg
52 KB, 520x320
Is there a single sitcom where the wife/mom isn't a nagging bitch?
>>
>>71923904
Thats, basically, their role.
>>
Is there a sitcom without women
>>
>>71923904

If there wasn't one then the show wouldn't be interesting
>>
That's so Raven

i think the mom is dead or something
>>
8 simple rules
>>
>>71923904
you want two dads?
>>
>>71923963
this is funny
>>
>>71923963
No she isn't. She's in most of the episodes.
>>
>>71923904
Two and a half men.

It's a nagging (((brother))) instead.
>>
File: Full House season 1.jpg (132 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
Full House season 1.jpg
132 KB, 1401x788
>>71923904
Full House before season 4?
>>
Mrs. Brady was kind of groovy. Mr. Brady was the hardass who was always giving his dumb lectures.

The mom on Family Ties was kind of a laid back hippie and was never a bitch.

I don't think the mom on Family Matters was really that bad, but I don't really remember her even being around that much.
>>
>>71924145
>I don't think the mom on Family Matters was really that bad, but I don't really remember her even being around that much.
She never really got over the tragic rape and murder of their other daughter.
>>
the war at home
>>
>>71923904
welcome to real life
>>
Wow. The Misogyny in this topic....
>>
File: mary_tyler_moore.jpg (180 KB, 919x1164) Image search: [Google]
mary_tyler_moore.jpg
180 KB, 919x1164
>>71923904
Most of the wife/mom characters in classic sitcoms are great, especially Laura Petrie in The Dick Van Dyke Show
>>
The King Of Queens
>>
Not a wife/mom but Elaine is the main woman on Seinfeld and she's cool
>>
>>71923904
Pretty much all sitcoms are built on the precedent set by "The Honeymooners" which is naggy superior self-righteous wife and inferior retarded fat oaf husband. Plus, this is a patriarchal culture which feels women need to be a protected class of citizens on top of feminazism being in effect for most of the time television programming has existed.
>>
>>71923904
on that 70s show Red is the nagging bitch and Kitty does little to no bitching I think?
>>
>>71924997
Carrie is a nagging bitch, but it's acknowledged within the show that she is a nagging bitch and always has been. Debra, on the other hand, is praised as the hero within the show for being a nagging bitch because it's everyone else's fault she's like that.

King of Queens was almost a spiritual successor to Married With Children in that regard: All of the characters are shitty in their own way and acknowledge as such.
>>
>>71927071
>Debra, on the other hand, is praised as the hero within the show

What the fuck are you talking about, she's never praised. By the show and audience alike.
>>
>>71927214
>she's never praised. By the show and audience alike.
Are you retarded? The women in the audience CHEER whenever Debra is mean as fuck to Ray.
>that one episode where she's physically abusive to him because he wanted to relax on a Saturday and the cunts in the audience lose their minds
>>
>>71924975
dam, she's hot.
>>
>>71927214

>Debra literally shoves Raymond into a shelf with enough force that it shakes
>Audience women hoot and holler and screech
>>
>>71926952
not at all really. Red just wants everyone to leave him alone, and Kitty always nags him into doing shit he doesn't want to deal with
>>
>>71923904
Comedy exists in both unpredictability and oscillation. People accept these characters because they exist in reality and abstraction. A mother who isnt a bitch is either finding the line between 'traditional mother' and friend or simply doesnt exist

Bitchy mothers is what we all can relate to, and that is the biggest root of comedy
>>
Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Pretty much any show that focused on kids was more about the dad being the dick, where shows about parents were just the wife pissing on the dad's day, unless the wife was rarely the comedian basis, like Roseanne.
>>
File: file.png (847 KB, 1024x689) Image search: [Google]
file.png
847 KB, 1024x689
>>71924145
She was chill as fuck and seemed annoyed by the kids more than anything. Mr. Brady probably put her to sleep everynight.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.