[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nicolas Winding Refn says he wants to make "A Big Extravagant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: the goose and the loose.jpg (101 KB, 1024x610) Image search: [Google]
the goose and the loose.jpg
101 KB, 1024x610
>Nicolas Winding Refn says he wants to make "A Big Extravagant Action Film" with 'The Avenging Silence'
>A spy thriller taking place in Tokyo.
>“Yeah, it’s basically a character that appears in my other movies that will now appear again. Having done The Neon Demon, which was predominantly women protagonists, but the character that Mads [Mikkelsen] plays in Valhalla Rising, Ryan [Gosling] plays him in Drive or Vithaya [Pansringarm] in Only God Forgives, I want to make a new movie with that character.”

hype?
>>
RYAN IS BACK BABY
YESSS
>>
No. I think his whole shtick is getting more stale with each film he releases, and he needs to show he can do something different before he turns into a joke. "Drive" gave him the biggest boost of his career, because he applied his own style to another person's story/script. "Bronson" was his best film, because he was telling a real person's story, and he was forced to get creative within the constraints of a very low budget.

He just goes too far up his own ass with his own original scripts. He's too talented to make a completely worthless movie, but in my opinion he's basically wanking his career away on these half-baked perfume commercial masturbation fantasies of his
>>
so more autistic silences and more memes, thanks refn
>>
>>71915666
If Gosling's back, then this will be it:
His magnificent finale to the autistic trilogy
Get hype as fuck
I had a dream last night that this had already been released ages ago and it was shit. False flag though
>>
A studio isn't going to give him a large budget considering how poor his flicks do at the box office.
>>
someone post their interview together. that's like best shit I've ever seen
>>
>>71916154
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Se4wv9tz58
>>
>>71916139
Drive and only God Forgives both made back more than budget
Neon Demon hasn't yet, but it had a very limited release and amazon bought its distribution rights for quite a lot for their platform
- so investors still would've got a return

As long as the script is 'conventional', there's no reason why a studio wouldn't fund him. But he would lose a lot of the creative control that he has now - like rewriting the entire ending on set with the lead
>>
File: 1443285729675.jpg (26 KB, 320x375) Image search: [Google]
1443285729675.jpg
26 KB, 320x375
>>71915666
DRIVE 2 CONFIRMED
>>
File: 1466180501828.gif (2 MB, 360x359) Image search: [Google]
1466180501828.gif
2 MB, 360x359
I hope he does it. Fucking hyped!
>>
>>71916351
YAY! That makes my day!
>>
>>71915666
AUTISM TRILOGY CONFORMED
>>
>>71917029
spelling is hard :^)
>>
File: OGF_04.jpg (54 KB, 768x413) Image search: [Google]
OGF_04.jpg
54 KB, 768x413
Based Pansringarm
>>
>>71916139
He made Drive for $15 millions, OGF for 8 and The Neon Demon for 5.
Money is not a concern
>>
>>71917109
That's actually decently impressive, surprised him of all people didn't blow it on hookers and coke.
>>
>>71915666
>I want to make the same movie I have already been making.

Ok buddy, enjoy your spiral into insignificance
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9PCxz3KyFc
>>
>>71917180
Tell that to Tarantino
>>
>>71917229
>listen to me mumble autistically into the microphone for two minutes
No thanks.

Also go watch Pusher.
>>
>>71915822
that's the dream if i ever heard it

>become so famous that you get paid large sums of money to create your own masturbation fantasies

easy on the salt bruv, he's still created some of the best post 2000 movies
>>
>>71915666
>'The Avenging Silence'
>Not calling it 'Silent but Violent'

You had one job, Nic!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.