[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown. What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
>Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown.

What did he mean by this?
>>
quit worrying about the day to day life of the gooks. accept it as a lost cause, or it'll ruin your faith in humanity and drive you to madness.
>>
>>71890029
Thanks fampai
>>
>>71889967
all the vaginas are horizontal
>>
"Chinatown" becomes a symbol representing the corruption of the system and the complete powerlessness of the individual. The more you try to fight it, the more danger you're in, and the more you try to rationalize it, the closer you are to losing your mind.

So an innocent women gets killed, the water company faggots get their millions, the judges are on the take and justice will never be seen. Forget it... just forget all of it.
>>
>Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown: Director's cut, now available on Bluray
He's just reminding Jake that the theatrical version is better.
>>
Jake wanted some Mexican food, but they don't have taco bell in Asian populated areas.
>>
>>71889967
He meant that you're watching one of the most overrated movies in history.
>>
>>71889967
Had to shut down VLC and close my laptop after that line. Polanski's a hack.
>>
>>71889967

He went for a walk through the Melbourne cbd
>>
I think this is probably a perfect movie. Are there any other noir films that reach this level of perfection?
>>
>>71891580
It's not a film noir, it a deconstruction of noir.
>>
>>71891624
I think it's still technically noir, it's just very self-aware
>>
>>71889967
I stopped watching it right after he said that. He might as well have just winked at the camera.
>>
>>71891381
There's one in every thread.
>>
>>71891580
Maltese falcon is IMo the only perfect movie
>>
>>71892053
You actually enjoyed this piece of shit?
>>
>>71891580
Try Double Idemnity for regular noir; Body Heat, The Man Who Wasn't There, L.A Confidential and Thief for Neo-Noir, you're welcome.
>>
>>71892363
>L.A Confidential
This was way too normie/flickcore though.
>>
File: 88888888811.jpg (36 KB, 470x500) Image search: [Google]
88888888811.jpg
36 KB, 470x500
>>71892136
if I wasn't before, I'm a fan now, just to piss off autistic shits like you
>>
File: noir essentials.jpg (2 MB, 2200x2868) Image search: [Google]
noir essentials.jpg
2 MB, 2200x2868
FINE, i'll just post it
>>
>>71892397
>Buzzword buzzword buzzword
No wonder you didn't appreciate you fucking memer.
>>
>>71892404
lol, why would it piss me off some retard wants to have bad taste in film?
>>
>>71891580
I would say Q&A, but that's also pretty modern. Racist nick nolte is pretty awesome regardless though.
>>
>>71892472
>unironically praising the vanilla ice cream of flix
>>
>>71892746
Let's have a laugh, give me your 10 favorite movies faggot.
>>
>>71892793
>pleb desperately scrambling for taste
>i-i'll just borrow someone else's
Pathetic desu
>>
If Chinatown was made today they'd tack a happy, optimistic ending on it.

Ironically, this makes me sadder than the incredibly bleak and pessimistic ending it has.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.