[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really shit? My sister said it was shit but i don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 512x288
Is it really shit? My sister said it was shit but i don't trust her opinion.
What's your opinion, tv?
>>
Haven't seen it yet, but heard nothing but good things from friends that have.
>>
It's shit.
>>
It's alright but the lesbian fish sex scene was a bit much
>>
It's shit.
>>
Post your sister first
>>
Tell me more about your sister.
>>
It's alright, looks really nice, the octo's cool, definitely feels like a kids-movie sequel with a smaller scope. Worth the watch if you dug the original
>>
File: 1467607689952.jpg (114 KB, 634x846) Image search: [Google]
1467607689952.jpg
114 KB, 634x846
Not the best Pixar ever, but not the worst, lands solidly in the middle of their library.

Have some salsa
>>
rehashed finding nemo
>>
Did it make money in the BO?
>>
>>71878105
Ew
>>
Just post your sister.
>>
Absolutely loved it!!!!
top 5 pixar movie for me
>>
File: IMG_2660.jpg (393 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2660.jpg
393 KB, 1280x960
>>71878159
>>71878041
>>71878033
You guys are thirsty, I tell you what...
I have 5 sisters, but i couldn't care less about them, i'm gay.
I'm the one bald, she's on the far left.
>>
It's much sillier version than Finding Nemo, but not really bad. I'd give it a solid 6 or 7 for the type of movie it is. I had a few moments I laughed at and the sweet moments are fairly strong.

Once Phil Dunphy comes in is when it starts to really get ridiculous and it does jump the shark with the octopus driving the stolen truck around.

I also thought it was kind of weird that a movie that is all about inclusiveness for people who are different/have mental health issues was bashing on some mentally ill people so much. The one sea lion with the unibrow that was retarded and the bird that flies them around in the bucket (and was also retarded) got bashed pretty hard and were made into jokes which seemed contrary to the point of the movie.

Marlin was also made into too much of an ass but that's not as big of a deal.
>>
>>71877984
It's a Pixar movie.

Which is to say, it's good as a kid's movie which is all it promises and thus needs to be, but predictable as all hell if you've watched as many movies as the average young adult has.
Don't to naturally not being able to help themselves, and using the song "Unforgettable" in a movie about a fish who forgets everything.

Basically:
If you can enjoy a movie for its execution rather than for the contents or a twisting and turning plot: It's good.
If you want to see something fresh and new that will be exciting in any way: It's probably not for you.
>>
>>71877984
My GF and I liked it more than Nemo.
>>
>>71878726
>Don't to
Damn I need more coffee in my system.
Wanted to type "down to"
>>
>>71878726
But usually pixar movies are somehow for adult and children... at least their best titles, such as nemo, incredibles, up, toy story, monsters inc, etc
And then you have the weak ones, not so good, such as inside out, monsters university, and of course that disaster called cars. So apparently dory will fit in this category.
>>
>>71878914
Well, I don't disagree.

The way I tend to use the term "kid's movie" is that it's easily digestible and doesn't have any deeper theme that kids' couldn't possibly understand. So basically "kid's movie" = "movie appropriate for/enjoyable by kids" Monster's Inc, Toy Story, Nemo and Incredibles didn't really have any themes a say 10-14 year old kid couldn't understand. Maybe a tiny bit with Incredibles, but it was all very open, surface stuff.

To me, if it's enjoyable by adults, it usually means less that it's not a kid's film, and more that it's a good film.

But yeah, maybe the term is miss leading.

All I really meant to say is that it's not going to be very engaging if someone's looking for any deeper meaning that isn't spelled out by the characters.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.