[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone even care about the Prometheus sequel Alien Covenant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Does anyone even care about the Prometheus sequel Alien Covenant?

Im far more excited for Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5. We get Ripley and Hicks back with a proper follow up to the first 2 films. Weyland-Yutani will be back in all of their sketchy coporate dealings glory with an intense action packed storyline...enough is said to declare a "fuck off" on Alien Covenant.

Prometheus was boring as fuck anyways and an utter flop ratings wise. Why is there even being a sequel made? Oh it made 400 million at the box office. So that makes it a good movie and sequel worthy? What a shit stain of an excuse. I could care less what Ridley has to bring to this series anymore. Hes old, out of touch with his classic film making skills and doesnt know shit about scaring audiences anymore. Its a joke its even being made but...whatever.
>>
>>71872748

You're excited for a promise from a guy that hasn't made anything good since D9?
>>
>>71872824
And what masterpiece has Ridley Scott made in recent years?...nothing bud.
>>
>>71872882
>The Counselor
>Black Hawk Down
>Gladiator
>>
>>71872748
>Im far more excited for Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5

I've got bad news for you, OP. Ridley saw the enthusiasm for that movie and took his franchise back, it will now NEVER happen.
>>
>>71873843

>16 years ago is recent
>>
>>71873875
YOU WHAT?!
SOURCE NOW.
>>
>>71873843
Wow such new movies
>>
>>71872748

Way to out yourself as a complete pleb.
>>
>>71872882
at least his career has more than one good flick
>>
>>71874156
Source is the way things are playing out. Google it, Bcamp, upon the news that Ridley was back and changing the prometheus title to alien, said his is on hold indefinitely. Since then Ridley said he hopes to make more sequels. It's over, it's a shame.
>>
>>71874245
Fuck. I really needed a kick in the dick today.
>>
>>71872748
>Don't talk to me or my Alien's son ever again.
>>
>>71872748
>AYYED.COM
>>
>>71872748
Reminds me of the sfm of Ripley getting fucked by the alien.
>>
>>71872882
The Martian
>>
>>71873843
Kek why not just list Alien as well...
>>
File: 1463093573778.jpg (441 KB, 900x1567) Image search: [Google]
1463093573778.jpg
441 KB, 900x1567
>>71872748
I always had my suspicions...
>>
>>71872748
Good, I liked Prometheus and I will be waiting to see what Scott has in mind for the Engineers and their structures/society
>>
File: 1467034877731.jpg (6 KB, 168x217) Image search: [Google]
1467034877731.jpg
6 KB, 168x217
>>71875275
>>
>>71873843
>Gladiator
>good

How is this meme still alive? Gladiator should have become the new Titanic years ago.
>>
I really don't know why people are excited for Blomkamp's take on alien.

Well I do kind of understand it actually. On the surface Blomkamp seems to be a guy who has a passion for sci-fi and has made some good films in the past so him picking up the Alien franchise sounds like a good idea.

However if he has total creative control over it you only need to look back at his previous films to see exactly what it's going to be like. It'll be Aliens all over again, with flashier special effects and some hamfisted political message shoehorned in. Some faceless goons will be offed by xenomorphs at the beginning and then Ripley will proceed to swagger about slaughtering all the xenomorphs with like railguns, or microwave guns, or freeze guns or something. In short it won't be anything new but will be remembered as being better than 3 and Resurrection, which I honestly think is a pretty poor reason to bring the Alien franchise back again. Say what you want about Prometheus but at least Scott did something new with the franchise.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.