[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is all the marketing for this so...gay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: Suicide_Squad_(film)_Poster.png (239 KB, 259x384) Image search: [Google]
Suicide_Squad_(film)_Poster.png
239 KB, 259x384
Why is all the marketing for this so...gay?
>>
File: 4426015_f520.jpg (75 KB, 520x584) Image search: [Google]
4426015_f520.jpg
75 KB, 520x584
>>
>we want the reddit audience
>>
So they can get away with it being a shit movie
>>
>>71854376
no Deadpool cornered that
this is the ironic edgelord demo, it's more like 4chan tbqh
>>
It's pop art, also known as kinography.
>>
>>71854577
>playing meme rhapsody in the trailer
>4chan
Yeah, no.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu/comments/ldkzs/introducing_bohemian_rhapsody_all_in_rage_faces/

https://www.reddit.com/r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu/comments/hicox/bohemian_rhapsody_all_of_it/
>>
>>71854693
Rage comics are 9gag's thing
>>
>>71854754
You started visiting 4chan in the last four years, didn't you.
>>
I haven't seen a single trailer with male on male sex.
>>
it's modern, you're out of touch grandpa.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Si6H46aHE
>>
>>71854286
They did add Fortunate Son to the soundtrack which proves this is a /tv/ movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eQKNYLptWk
>>
All memes aside, it's literally them trying as hard to get the reddit audience as they possibly can
>>
increase your vocabulary OP. I'll answer your question though "DEMOGRAPHICS"
>>
>>71854693
>>71854754
>>71854853
Rage comics were still a big deal on 4chan until about 2009 when reddit started making vectors.
Then literally everything people tried to turn into a meme (i.e. Sad Keanu)
>>
because it's a film created and marketed for 12-17 year olds.
>>
>>71856298
Sad Keanu was also a 4chan thing first.
>>
>>71854374
Fucking fpbp.

They're clearly trying to rope in the edgy, sexually confused teenagers that you would once upon a time see walking down the street looking like they just fell ass backwards into a Hot Topic.

They can churn out as much gaudy merchandise as they please knowing that they've cornered the market on something weird while still playing it safe with the teens of that nature that aren't particularly nerdy or into comics because Suicide Squad's ties to something mainstream like Batman makes it recognisable enough to most that they can seem alternative without actually straying that far from what's popular. It's sorta what being an angsty teen who wants to seem like an individual while at the same time not being out of the loop with what's trendy is all about.
>>
File: cwvsuglycw.png (686 KB, 922x766) Image search: [Google]
cwvsuglycw.png
686 KB, 922x766
What went wrong?
>>
to get the edgy homo middle school/high school audience
>>
>>71857348
whoa there
izombie chick is hella cute
>>
>>71854286
The only problem I have with this movie is Joker's stupid fucking 'Damaged' tattoo on his forehead.
>>
>>71857546
MOM'S
>>
File: Advice-Dog-Meme-14.png (74 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
Advice-Dog-Meme-14.png
74 KB, 407x405
>>71856298
>>71856437
>There will never a meme as based as advice dog
>>
>>71857546
but not that his hair is perfectly groomed, let alone not balding?
>>
It's because Batman and Superman was a flop because it was too "grim". They went OH SHIT, did reshoots and are now marketing it as a more "fun" movie.
>>
>>71857659
No.
>>
>>71856530
Had some game/comic/movie merchandise catalogue that was advertising in some magazine I bought.
Half of it was filled with Suicide Squad tshirts, wristbands, messenger bags and stuff.
Mostly featured Harley Quinn and the Joker.
All of it pseudo-edgy bullshit.
>>
>>71857546
i always thought it was obvious that it was a joke by joker's part
>>
>>71854286
Fuck you, the marketing for this is great.

>>71854374
>tfw too old for Hot Topic
>tfw too old for Hot Topic girls
>>
It's ugly to look at that's for sure. And this abomination got made:
https://youtu.be/xbVBOmuBQkY
Still hype though.
>>
>>71857546
You will never know what it feels like to be so fucking damaged in the head you feel the need to express it outwards
>>
>>71857348
2010's has actual qts, 2000's are just generic cumsluts
>>
>>71854286
At least the marketing isn't calling me a misogynist.
>>
>>71859247
On second watch, the song's not so shit, just fucking dull and unfitting.
>>
>we want quipfag Marvel audience
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.