[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Family Guy isn't that bad. >politically incorrect >btfo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 54.jpg (182 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
182 KB, 1600x600
Family Guy isn't that bad.

>politically incorrect
>btfo left and right alike
>pokes fun at itself
>very self aware

Why is it considered shit? It's essentially just a sketch show.
>>
If something has simple appeal then /tv/ has to pretend to hate it so they can feel 'patrician' despite having no actual taste at all in film. It's easier to feel good defining yourself by what you don't like than it is by what you do like.
>>
It drags down the potential of the medium.

Why put effort into writing or put a premium on animation when a raunchy comedy sitcom family blows everything else out of the water in terms of popularity?
>>
>>71844407
The early seasons are a shitty rip off of The Simpsons, but it eventually comes into its own and becomes genuinely funny. There aren't many better shows to watch while you're stoned.

/tv/ just loves calling things "normie reddit-tier" so they can feel better about not having friends and not being able to beat the no singles policy
>>
It stinks and I don't like it.
>>
>>71844489
Because you can get away with more shit when it's animated?
Beyond showing the unfilmable, it's a lot easier to be edgy when stupid retards out there watching can't conflate the actor with the character and pitch a fit.

A voice actor will be willing to say 'nigger' before a young actor trying to start their career in television.

>>71844470
I mean, it DID get pretty fucking lazy and time went on.
I can't sit through anything after Brian was killed
>>
File: 1398824065861.gif (930 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
1398824065861.gif
930 KB, 200x133
>>71844470
>trying to diagnose /tv/'s neuroses
There's more than one of us, summerfag.
>>
>>71844489
>implying all animation isn't computerized in this day and age

No one hand draws anything this day and age. It's all Flash. Cartoons are cheap as fuck to produce.
>>
Nobody hates it. That South Park episode just brought all the retards out of the woodworks while the show was losing popularity and now nobody cares about it anymore. Everyone loved it in its prime.
>>
>Watching pleb guy

American Dad is literally 10000% better
>>
File: aidsmoby.png (107 KB, 242x294) Image search: [Google]
aidsmoby.png
107 KB, 242x294
>>71844610
>>
>>71844407
Try and watch a few episodes of the latest season.

[Spoiler] It peaked about four seasons ago [/spoiler]

Now its just

>Unbelievable plot, with generally stupid resolutions
> Characters consistently acting out of character
>"It's like the time..."
>>
>>71844407
>>very self aware
Of what? That it's shit? Shit style, shit animations, shit jokes that rely more on pop culture references than anything. Cringe-worthy characters that were extreme caricatures at first and STILL managed to get flanderized as the series went on. The creator self-insert of both Brian and Stewie.

The early seasons were okay. The funniest joke I remember from Family Guy is Quagmire saying "Fat chicks need love too. But they gotta pay!".
>>
>>71844550

Guy with 8 hands, sounds hot.
>>
>>71844407
It's unfunny and American Dad is objectively better
>>
>>71844407
The constant references--not jokes, references--and bland art style makes it painfully boring for me.
>>
File: image.png (999 KB, 1024x551) Image search: [Google]
image.png
999 KB, 1024x551
Family Guy is the pinnacle of acceptable mediocrity.

It used to be decent background noise and pretty funny here and there.

It'll never reach golden era Simpsons, South Park, or even American Dad for that matter. But that's okay.

Don't look at it like an actual animated family comedy, that's just a backdrop. Treat it as 20 minutes of constant jokes and nothing more.

The last couple seasons have been really lazy and poorly put together though, except for that recent K-Pop episode. They need to step it up or just cancel it.
>>
>>71844407

>politically incorrect
HEH, BLACK PEOPLE LIKE FRIED CHICKEN!
>btfo left and right alike
HEH, DEMOCRATS SUCK!
HEHE, REPUBLICANS SUCK!
>pokes fun at itself
I'M RETARDED
>very self aware
I'M A RETARD POSTING ON 4CHAN

So according to you, my post is 100% certified organic EPIC!!!
>>
After not watching FG in probably 5 years, I saw a clip of that "insulation fight" the main characters had and was like...what the fuck?

Why is that funny or entertaining? They were ripping insulation out of the house and beating one another with it. And all the characters were constantly laughing in a really forced way. And it went on and on. It was horrendous. Who is this for?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.