[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I actually really liked this movie. Sequel when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: evildead2013.jpg (286 KB, 600x889) Image search: [Google]
evildead2013.jpg
286 KB, 600x889
I actually really liked this movie.

Sequel when?
>>
Dunno, but I liked it too. Kind of lacked the touch of rawness and "innovation" the first one presented, but it was actually a far better movie as far as cinematography and coreography went.
>>
>>71844441
I liked the characters and the whole getting clean on drugs plot with it.
>>
While I enjoyed the movie, I just didn't find it scary, gore is unnerving, but not scary, and it clearly wasn't supposed to be funny either.
>>
>>71844462
Really? I thought the drug thing was a nice setup, but nothing to really write home about. Nice to see someone appreciated it at least.

>>71844653
That's a thing bugging me lately, how much should scariness weigh when evaluating a horror movie? The best horrors I've seen weren't scary, at least in my opinion, they were more about exploring a kind of fear.
>>
>>71844786
In my opinion horror should be more about character development. Good characters in a bad situation is a lot scarier than no character in a gory situation.
>>
>>71844924
Yeah, quite true. I know it's a controversial example, but one of the reasons why I liked Antichrist was exactly this.
>>
>>71844993
Honestly, thats why Stephen King books dont make good movies a lot. Stephen King is pretty much a character writer. He fully flushes out his characters while all the scary stuff just happens around them. It's more about the characters than it is about what is scary.
>>
>>71845112
Agree with you there. I think the only decent one was the Mist, which was just characters, for the most part. Ironically, I think a lot of classic horror movies from the seventies and the eighties are far better at this than today movies are.
>>
post beautiful jane
>>
File: jane levy nips.jpg (488 KB, 1118x746) Image search: [Google]
jane levy nips.jpg
488 KB, 1118x746
>>71844399
Yea it was really good.

Sequel was scrapped however, they made a show instead that I don't watch.
>>
>>71845202
>>71845202
Darabont isn't really one of my favorite directors, but he has always done well on SK stuff. I completely agree about the Mist.
>>
>>71845202
have you heard anything about the Mist tv series?
>>
>>71844399
Here's what i want from this. another movie with her and ash that lead into Freddy vs Ash vs Jason along with semi reboots of the other slasher films. make like a slasherverse
>>
>>71845365
Nah, sorry mate.

>>71845693
>slasherverse
What am I gonna do with this boner, anon? Why did you do this to me?
>>
>>71844924
it's why the Nancy Nightmare on elm street movies were good
>>
>>71845693
can Snake Plisskin be put in this too just for funsies?
>>
>>71845732
jerk off while you read this
>start the reboot with part 8 of friday the 13th going in a different direction this time. no boat or new york. end it with him dying for good and then the government collects his body like in 9
>start Nightmare at 4 making 3 and 1 canon and bring medium and Nancy back to star and kill off one at the end.
>make a mia centered evil dead 2 that introduces Ash to her and have the tv show also build up this movie like Agents of shield but good
>government clones Jason for assassinations. reveal that all the slasher stuff has been covered up so they could eventually capture freddy and the necronomicon as well. Jasons escape and wreak havoc at area 51
>ash vs Jason movie that has him cleaning up all these Jasons. Mia optional. He meets Tommy Jarvis or Tina at the end of it who helps and joins Ash
this would lead to another freddy vs Jason and a freddy vs ash before Freddy vs Ash vs Jason which will have tommy jarvis and tina along with Nancy or Kristian as part of this team that is lead by Ash and Mia (who is like Robin to his Batman)
>>
>>71845847
he'll be busy in the new DCCU that has Batman and Superman fighting Alien and Predator
>>
File: 1339753621676.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1339753621676.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>71846032
I wish you were in charge of the future.
>>
>>71846059
If i thought I could make these movies i would go right into the industry.
>>
>>71846001
I should also mention when the slasherverse ends it will have a new nightmare 2 that will be about it, but with Freddy and Jason coming into reality and Bruce Campbell having to become Ash to save the world
>>
>>71844399
Ash vs Evil Dead tv show?
>>
>>71846146
No, 2013 movie remake.
>>
Do you think Mia started using heroin again immediately after the events of the movie?
>>
>>71846243
would you?
>>
>>71846315
Every day.
>>
>>71844399
Original plan was to do another movie with Campbell's Ash and then tie their stories together in a third part. Instead they put together a series based on the continuity of the first two movies from 80s, but Campbell's a big defender of the 2013 installment so there could be some tie-in or followup on that series.
>>
>>71844399
I hope they just add her into ash vs evil dead
>>
>>71846591
Is the show good at all? I never ended up watching it.
>>
>>71846729
It's polarizing.
>>
>>71845693
I don't know. Freddy vs Jason would have been good but they didn't really connect the two at all. It just felt like a Nightmare movie that Jason wandered into and popped out from every corner in without making any sound.

Though I haven't seen the new Godzilla and I'm concerned about rebooting Kong for the third(?) time, dat kaijuverse is gonna be worth keeping an eye on.
>>
>>71846729
Watch it for yourself senpai. Personally i love it.
>>
>>71846001
Almost. Pretty sure they killed off Nancy at the end of Nightmare 3.
>>
>>71845233
You're missing out. It's fucking awesome.
>>
>>71846999
oh you're right, i meant Alice
>>
>>71846886
Ash vs Jason would be more Evil dead focused but Freddy vs Jason 2 would be camp crystal lake where the counselors are being killed by Jason and the campers by Freddy
>>
I don't get why they didn't bring back the girl from the remake for Ash vs. Evil Dead. It sets off my autism when things ignore continuity.
>>
>>71847762
This. They should have just made Levy the main female in the show instead of creating a new character.

She encountered the deadites and teams up with Ash. Simple, the rest of the series could have progressed exactly the same way.
>>
>>71849074
they will team up next movie, everyone's confirmed this
>>
>>71849178
do you really think there will be a next movie though? I know they were planning on doing a sequel, then they were planning on doing an Army of Darkness 2, then they decided to do a tv show instead
>>
I thought the female lead was really good at acting scared, the rest of the characters were shallow as fuck but it had a few good moments - I just thought they should upped the gore way, way higher. Evil Dead for the new age should've been the bloodbath the original was back then. It should've been a non stop dismemberment-fest
>>
>>71849316
both apparently, evil dead 2, which really be Army of Darkness 2, staring both Ash and that chick suppose to be after s2. That's what Raimi keeps saying. Will it actually happen? Idk
>>
I genuinely loved this movie.
I hope that Jane Levy will show up in Ash vs. Evil Dead.
>>
Its not that gory, but its alright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOyOhW3YtOc

I do think the tv series is a better fit for the franchise now
>>
File: 1434406774352.jpg (17 KB, 480x399) Image search: [Google]
1434406774352.jpg
17 KB, 480x399
>>71844399
>the original plan included an Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness 2 and a final movie where Mia and Ash would join up.

>tfw none of it ever happened

We got Ash vs Evil Dead, which is okay, I guess...
>>
>>71850509
>>the original plan included an Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness 2 and a final movie where Mia and Ash would join up.

Sounds like bullshit
>>
>>71847116
Meh.

It's a script for a fourth movie they stretched to tearing point to turn into a 10 part season. As a result there's entire episodes that could have been written out with minimal effort and the story would have played out the same.

Have a bit of hope for season 2 as it was actually written with the intention of being a season from day one.
>>
>>71849533
This.

Too much focus on everyone else BUT Ash.
>>
>>71850620
yep no1 issue with the show, needs more Ash less of everyone else
>>
I hear Jane Levy had a less than pleasant time working on the film.

It didn't put her off of horror, or working with the director since they've teamed up again for a new movie called "Don't Breathe".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76yBTNDB6vU

I think Ash vs Evil Dead series nixed any 2013 movie sequel plans.
Anything's possible, though, maybe once Ash wraps up they could go back to it.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.