[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you guys hypothetically be fine with a female remake of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: aYwgYzw_700b.jpg (69 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
aYwgYzw_700b.jpg
69 KB, 700x393
Would you guys hypothetically be fine with a female remake of a classic film if it was good, or even better? Or is the concept of a rule 63 remake bad enough in itself?

What movies would work better if they featured an all-female cast?
>>
>>71840298
haha oh i'm so glad that we have now opened up this important dialogue and gender equality and girl power
>>
File: 1130394848205.png (605 KB, 635x553) Image search: [Google]
1130394848205.png
605 KB, 635x553
>>71840298

The concept itself is inherently tied to a repellent mainstream ideology. If they had simply made a reboot that happened to have one or even two women on the team, I doubt I would have been able to muster up the energy to care one way or another, as it would still likely be a shameless cash grab reboot on par with Total Recall (2012) or Robocop (2014). But because their gimmick was based entirely in identity politics, what would have otherwise just been apathy was elevated to irritation.
>>
>>71840298
>What movies would work better if they featured an all-female cast?
At least not remakes of films with male cast
>>
>What movies would work better if they featured an all-female cast?
Die Hard
>>
>>71840780
>sexy female cop
>fighting sexy russian terrorists
>have to remove outer layers of clothing
>running around in a sweaty tank top (breasts bouncing)
>all those shots of her feet

This is a good answer
>>
>>71840827
what about Jaws?
>female sexy protag get her shirt wet a lot
>>
i don't like remakes in general, regardless of the gender of the characters
>>
I unironically want them to remake/reboot Indiana Jones featuring a sexy woman.

Harrison Ford is an extremely sexy masculine audience-insert. I'd love to see them do the same with a sexy woman actress.

Also, the franchise had already been ruined at least once before, so no one would care if it sucked
>>
>>71840939
id watch indiana jane if penelope cruz was indiana and worked on her accent

but we all know (((they))) would pick some flat chested jewess and make the movie about how nazis and by extension christianity is bad
>>
>>71840864
>three women bickering on a boat
Nah
>>
Ultimately the whole concept is a gimmick meant to create controversy and get people to talk about it.
>>
Schindler's List.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.