[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Useless machines? You know, one of those useless machines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1422275025951.jpg (101 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1422275025951.jpg
101 KB, 900x900
>Useless machines? You know, one of those useless machines they used to make was called an MRI, and if we had any of those left the doctors would have been able to find the cyst in my wife's brain, *before* she died instead of after, and then she would've been the one sitting here, listening to this instead of me, which would've been a good thing because she was always the... calmer one.
>>
>>71832745
So they have the tech to travel to another galaxy, but they don't have an MRI? Solid writing, Nolan.
>>
>>71832765
I think he meant back then
>>
>>71832790
Back when?
>>
>>71832765

Time is a flat circle.
>>
>>71832954
back when I fucked your mom.
>>
>I was your ghost, Murph
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71833077
>>71833011

It's like you don't understand basic McConaverse concepts.
>>
I wouldn't call Nolan a hack but I have disliked almost all of his work so far.
>>
>>71833028
MEGA R3KT
>>
File: 1388441677456.jpg (980 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1388441677456.jpg
980 KB, 2560x1440
>>71832765

So this was after a huge global war. Everyone is still reeling from it and the living standards of people are pretty darn low. Hence why Matthew M. character was chasing down that Indian drone to get components out of it.

They are essentially junkers, scavenging from the past technological wonders trying to survive. Governments have the pick of the litter, ie why they have those 2 drones to assist on the mission.

MRI's are complicated, expensive pieces of equipment that require constant maintenance, exotic rare earth elements, and argon/nitrogen/helium gas to function.

This is a post apocalyptic movie set in a rural area guys.
>>
>>71832745
I don't remember this part of True Detective
>>
>>71834133
And that's retarded. You can't make a Mad Max movie with intergalactic space ships.
>>
File: UM.png (68 KB, 174x247) Image search: [Google]
UM.png
68 KB, 174x247
Useless machines??
>>
File: aeuUzGf.jpg (208 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
aeuUzGf.jpg
208 KB, 1600x900
>>71834280

High level technology is concentrated in areas.

This is the same thing that happened to Russia after the fall of the soviet union.

There are enough resources for some things to function but many others fail. We are so dependent on "Just in Time" type transactions that any disruptions in global trade would look like this.

Global war = Global depression

Global Depression = No more high tech gizmos for the general population.

If the US was completely cut off of trade, no more new computers would come into the country. That doesn't mean that after 10 years you still wouldn't be able to cobble together a gaming PC. It just means you have to scavenge the parts.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.