[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw. >PROTIP: you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5
Find a flaw.

>PROTIP: you can't
>>
feminism
>>
>>71822717
>>
>women
>no mel
>>
>>71822754
/thread
>>
6 Academy awards, bitches.
>>
>>71822723
I wish max did more.
>>
>>71822723
gay carchase the movie
>>
>>71822868
/retard
>>
Women being portrayed as competent totally breaks my suspension of disbelief
>>
It's really poorly written in terms of dialogue and details, but the actual story itself is also completely a mess. Plus Tom can't act for shit so he's just playing Bane again but this time he has way less to do. Movie sucks, Miller's a hack and forgot the central elements of his own franchise. He no longer understands Mad Max
>>
>>71822755

"Blah blah blah, I need rape to jerk off to to believe they were raped" go back to /b/
>>
>>71822892
also this even without touching feminist shit it's a hollow car movie. mad max wasn't ever about lol action it was about loneliness of human in general fueled by this mad post apocalyptic world where the car and maybe a dog is the closes thing you'll ever have
instead they made a Fast and Furiosa movie
>>
>>71822723

Errr... Iv'e watch it so many times now. When Nux says "SHE'S OURS SLIT!" you can tell it's ADR because Nicholas Hoult's mouth isn't moving.
>>
>>71822868

Virgin or rapist confirmed
>>
>>71822962

If only they found you in time
>>
I really enjoyed it, but why the fuck couldn't any of the non-Aussie actors do a decent Aussie accent? Charlize didn't even try and Tom just sounded like a slightly-Australian Bane.
>>
>>71822754
I find it so hard to beleive that this false meme is in circulation, but frankly the origin of it ties to one blogger, and i can't find the source.

whatever.
>>
>>71822723

The ending is horrifying. They have no more army, they're allowing the undisciplined masses up onto the delicately cultivated vegetation and have pretty much turned on the water outflow 24/7.
In one day all of that greenery will be trampled/eaten/stolen.
In three days their reservoir will start to run out.
In a week a war party from another territory is going to show up and capture the fortress.

The brides will be fondly remembering only having to take Joe's disfigured dick once a year once Rape-a-thon 2000 starts up. No fucking wonder Max got the fuck out of there as fast as he could.
>>
>>71824047
>yfw its redpill
>>
immortal joe literally did nothing wrong wtf
>>
>>71824175
He did kinda artificially restrict water to people.
>>
>>71822908
/reddit
>>
>>71824294
Water is a limited resource in MM
>>
>>71822754
Are you saying furiosa was forced and shit?
>>
>>71824354
I'm saying she wuz kingz n shiet
>>
>>71822892
>>71823007
>see trailer
>oh fuck yeah, this movie looks like one big car chase.
>see posters
>man this is gonna have some badass car chase action.
>watch movie
>agh, what the fuck. That was just one big car chase. The other movies only had smaller scale car chases.
>>
>>71822723
I'll just let based Rob do my work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev8I3Xrwmww
>>
>>71825260
It was an alright review until he started wanking off about his fanfic "Evil Max" at the end.
>>
>Tom Hardy's ““““““acting””””””
>no Mel Gibson
>4/5 of the wives didn't have personality at all
>The wives and Furiosa are supposedly strong independent women who don't need no man, but they wouldn't have done shit if it wasn't for Max and Nux's help.
>Inmortan is a really weak villain when compared to Lord Humungus and Aunty Entity.
>Le ebin practical effects don't matter when everything is covered in an instagram filter, I don't know how they accomplished it but they managed to make practical effects look fake.
>>
girl power XD
>>
>>71825869
>The wives and Furiosa are supposedly strong independent women who don't need no man, but they wouldn't have done shit if it wasn't for Max and Nux's help.

that's called being redpilled
>>
>>71822723
it exists
>>
>>71825869
>The wives and Furiosa are supposedly strong independent women
well I think you're wrong there, the wives are just cum dumpsters for Joe

I mean, for a movie that gets shit on for too much feminism, there sure are a lot of damsels in distress
>>
>>71822754
If you didn't notice, most of the stronk independent womyn got wrecked super fucking hard in the final scenes. They were dumb characters and they died like dumb characters.
>>71822766
Mel Gibson is a shitty actor who is only good to laugh at when re-watching the Lethal Weapon movies.
>>
>>71824350
>Limited resource
>choose the most inefficient way to distribute it
They never said he was a smart man.
>>
File: 1451224024455.jpg (480 KB, 1000x923) Image search: [Google]
1451224024455.jpg
480 KB, 1000x923
>feminists chimp out
>endanger non-mutant breeding stock risking entire genetic future of settlement
>strand/kill 9/10ths of settlement's fighters, armaments, equipment, and knowledge of how to maintain them
>doublecross and start wars with surrounding tribes of raiders
>settlement is now open to invasion and resources are now at risk
>their only future is enslavement or extinction

Remember, women will burn down the world to pursue Chad's dick.
>>
>>71822723
It was a fucking Furisa Movie. IT WASN'T MAD MAX!

I fucking paid to see Mad Max not some women who took over the movie.

And btw: I ain't a sexist. I love Resident Evil, Sigourney Weaver Alien because they movies are written for a strong female BUT Mad Max IS Mad Max not Furiosa Road for fuck sake!

Max's only good scenes were the first 3 minutes of the movie.
>>
>>71822754
>women rely on Max to save the day constantly

yeah sure it's a feminist film
>>
>>71825869
>no Mel Gibson
The idea that they decided to do a sequel with no Gibson was such a terrible decision.

Also Tom Hardy (as good as he is at certain roles) he did not at all feel like Max in this movie.

It felt like someone had hijacked Max and had made some kind of foreign reboot.
>>
>>71826830
What did Max do to save the day? Nothing! The women and Furiosa did all the work while Max just sat in the backseat of their car while sometimes defending himself from enemies.

If you cannot see the feminist approach to this movie then something is wrong with you.
>>
File: header-hero-bg.jpg (519 KB, 2500x1280) Image search: [Google]
header-hero-bg.jpg
519 KB, 2500x1280
The video game was so much better because it ACTUALLY felt like Mad Max.

I was hoping to see a movie dedicated to Max driving the wastelands in his car but nope... they fucking blow his car up in the first minute and he becomes a prisoner while women are the main heroes of this movie.
>>
>>71826809

Max hasn't been the main character in a Mad Max movie since the first one.
>>
>>71826873
furiosa and max did the work (max works his ass off running all over the rig and fighting off people from all sides)

the wives are the ones literally sitting in the back and being helpless

they you have the biker women who don't really do anything amazing and get killed in combat rather quick
>>
>>71826997
>the wives are the ones literally sitting in the back and being helpless
did you even watch the movie? the wives were shooting down all the enemies, including an old women
>>
>>71822723
>tom hardy
>charlize theron
it's even on the poster
>>
>>71826910
you didnt get that maxs car was phallic symbolism and that by destroying it and becoming prisoner they were transferring power from the patriarchy to smart capable women
>>
>>71825869
>Aunty Entity
>good villain

>no Toecutter

D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>71822723

>2015
>>
>>71824294
they still lived, didn't they? clearly they got enough.
>>
>>71827079
>The most reasonable and smart villain
>not a good villain
>>
>>71824047

>They have no more army
I imagine when Immortan's goons show up they'll be forced to acknowledge Furiosa as their new leader
>have pretty much turned on the water outflow 24/7
Nothing implies this
>In three days their reservoir will start to run out.
Actually the amount is such that it could run continuously for years before running out
>In a week a war party from another territory is going to show up and capture the fortress.
More likely, most rival warlords within any reasonable radius have been subdued or driven out. Meanwhile, lacking their leaders and armies, the Bullet Farm and Gastown would at most fall back into a similar truce of trade, dependent upon one another for survival.
>>
>>71826972
Youre an idiot. Thats like saying Hercules wasnt the main character of Hercules: the Legendary Journeys just because the storylines dont revolve around hercules, but instead stumbles upon other peoples problems. Max is always the protagonist. Hes the titular character that the camera lingers on the most and anchors the viewer to the story. Just because the plot arcs dont directly revolve around him doesnt mean hes not the main character. Im sick of retards saying this shit to defend a bad movie.
>>
>>71827026
And 5 of those old women get killed like shit during the final chase.
>>
>>71827125
She's the most boring and overracted villain.

Toecutter is best MM villain.
>>
>>71822723
I wish Max could talk instead of just mumbling. Decent action flick though, nothing special.
>>
>>71827166
>Toecutter
>not the most overacted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37BMplDzJPE
>>
>>71827136
>(((retard))) """logic"""
>>
>>71827136
>Actually the amount is such that it could run continuously for years before running out
does it actually say this explicitly in the movie or are you making shit up?
>>
The feminist shit wasn't THAT bad, the woman tribe was a massive disappointment and they went to shit, their only bait was pretending to be weak.

There was the scene with the sniper, but I cant remember a scene in MM 1 2 or 3 where Max is shown to be a long-shot expert, he is a driver and a shotgun user. That said why Furiosa can use one is beyond me, she is just a driver too, but it is her gun, makes sense she would have SOME proficiency in it.

The wives did nothing of value really, one died by being stupid, one was shown to be competent in that she could reload a gun and shit, one was only really used as a plot device for Nux's redemption and I cant remember the others doing shit.

The feminism is a distraction, people should be furious at how the studio treated Mel, he made that franchise.
>>
>>71827136
>I imagine when Immortan's goons show up they'll be forced to acknowledge Furiosa as their new leader
There aren't any goons.

>Actually the amount is such that it could run continuously for years before running out
How do you know this?
>>
The dumb cunts were literally riding motorcycles into a desert of salt until Max convinced them it was a bad idea.
>>
>>71827210
>the kikes didnt even want mel at the premiere
they really are bunch of butthurt whiny faggots
>>
>>71827183
There's no overacting in that scene. The bit you're probably saying is overacted is when he spins and grabs the guy by the face, but if that's in the script, that's what the actor has to do. It just looks weird because lolnotechnology and lolnomoney.
>>
>>71827258
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEIBWavc2Dg
>>
>>71827231

I know, I like Hardy but I don't think he ever fucking watched a Mad Max. Its like he acted on what he thought Mad Max was on what he had heard about it, in all the past films max has plenty of dialogue, and if anything from 2 to 3 starts getting more talkative, that's his character progression.
>>
>>71827204
>>71827212

Besides the number quoted by the People Eater in the comic series, aquifers in general hold a massive amount of water.

Though the main assumption here is that the water is turned on 24/7. There being no indication of such, there's no reason to assume it's going to run out anytime soon.
>>
>>71827280

>I suppose you don't need a sense of humor when you've got a pretty face

How far the series has fallen in terms of dealing with womyn.
>>
>>71822723
It's boring (yes, even the action. It's one two hour long action scene that doesn't change, other than when Max is being chased on foot in the beginning). The story is bare bones (the story is literally let's drive in one direction and then drive back the same way). Character development is non-existent. None of the characters are likeable. Villain isn't villainous, or makes me feel any emotion for the matter. The fucking filter and colors are annoying. There isn't a line of dialog longer than 8 words seemingly. And maybe it's just because I'm not up to speed on the lore, but why is everyone crazy when the apocalypse is all of about 5-10 years removed? Nux changes sides because of the power of boners. Etc. Movie sucked.
>>
>>71827280
Again, I don't see any overacting. The only problem is that he sounds Scottish when he says "You've not got a sense of humour". Toecutter and the members of his gang are supposed to be crazy drug fiends.

Maybe you think the bit where he screams and says "I hate guns" is overacting but that's Toecutter making fun of the old lady so it also doesn't count.
>>
>>71826910
Technically, the ending of the video game does a good job at setting up the start of the film (Max gets the Interceptor back, starts being haunted by visions of his family, Warboys after him for killing Scabrous Scrotus, one of Joe's sons)
>>
>>71827369

>he sounds Scottish when he says "You've not got a sense of humour"

I think I read the guy purposefully swaps accents every line or so to make Toecutter sound a lot nuttier.
>>
File: 1463820157336.png (88 KB, 450x400) Image search: [Google]
1463820157336.png
88 KB, 450x400
>Next installment in the Mad Max Series confirmed by Miller
>Working Title of "Mad Max: The Wasteland"
Will you guys watch it?
>>
>>71827419

Why not?
>>
>>71822723
> no mel gibson
>>
>>71826873
Furiosa said repeatedly that she tried escaping a few other times, and got stopped. She was unable to succesfully escape, and Max brought the manpower bad pun needed to make it work.

Oh and how she almost died and he gave her his blood so she'd survive.

And how she and the rest of the women almost rode out into the nothingness, and Max was like "Nah you fucking idiots turn back it's all salt out there", just like you anon.

Oh and Max beats her ass in the first fight scene. And then helps her escape the banditos at the ridge spot, and she was fucking garbage at fending off the spike dudes. Everybody except the wives and her died during that attack.
>>
>>71822723
I think it's the best mad max but I could still find plenty of flaws, mainly in camera work, it's mostly perfect but it can get down to bay level of shit sometimes. Pretty infuriating when the road warrior didn't have this issue.
>>
Dialog and plot.
>>
>>71823007
>mad max wasn't ever about ...
I'm sure you know better than Miller what mad max is about.
>>
>>71829429
let's also not forget where he went off by himself to kill the bullet farmer and brought back a shit-tonne of guns
>>
>>71822723

No Mel.

Mel playing the original Max who went off the rails for the main villain for the sequel please.
>>
>>71822962
>It's really poorly written in terms of dialogue and details, but the actual story itself is also completely a mess.

No. The story is very straightforward, which is exactly what you want in a film like this, and the dialog is spectacularly memorable. I've only seen the movie twice and I feel like I can quote half of it.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.