[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished watching this Was it Sam Niels characters intention
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: event_horizon_ver1[1].jpg (62 KB, 501x755) Image search: [Google]
event_horizon_ver1[1].jpg
62 KB, 501x755
Just finished watching this

Was it Sam Niels characters intention to go to hell all along?
>>
>>71820585
Wat.

Who knows, the dude was only made into hellrazer after the portal opened.
>>
>>71820585
I was very disappointed at the execution of this film because it had a great premise. In the end, not scary at all.

Was going to hell part of his plan?
>>
>>71821773
They were trying to jeopardize your experiment. They work for the commandant. The negro man.
>>
>>71821720
Of course
>>
>>71820585
back when morpheus was not a fat fuck
>>
He was possessed by satan
>>
>>71820585
This is set in warhammer universe.
This is what happens when their ships travel using this one method without the proper protection or something
>>
>>71821980
but there is no such thing as a "safe travel" when going throught the warp. It's stated that sometimes ships emerge from the Inmaterium with 1/3 of the original crew
>>
No because he didn't know about hell until they got there.
>>
>>71820585
Why have an engine room with spiky walls if no one is even going to be impaled on them?
>>
>>71823388

They show some that were briefly during the crazy scenes.
>>
>>71823441
I watched this movie with a group of my friends. We were all hoping for someone from the rescue crew would get impaled. Didn't even notice it happening during the video playback part.
>>
>>71821980

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Gellar_Field
>>
Captain Miller is arguably the smartest black man in any horror movie ever

>Shit starts to gets weird
>"We are leaving"
>"Captain you can't just leave her here!"
>"I have no intention of leaving her here. I am going to take the Lewis & Clark out to a safe distance where I will then fire Tac Missiles at her until she is vaporized. Fuck this ship."

So based.
>>
>>71820585
Needed more hell imagery.
Torture scenes were cool
>>
>>71825094

They filmed a ton more but the test audiences couldn't stomach them so they were cut.
>>
>>71825052
Fucking this. He even wins at the end.

>tfw no directors cut with all the deleted scenes
>>
>>71825219
>tfw no remastered footage
>>
>>71825608

It was all destroyed.
>>
I remember the first time I watched Event Horizon. It was really good. My wife and I were watching tv and she said she was tired and nothing much was on. Then we went upstairs and had sex. she soon fell asleep, and I went back downstairs to see what was on tv. Event Horizon was on and I watched it. It was pretty good.
>>
>>71825962
Where was your wife's son?
>>
Smitty deserved better.
>>
>>71820585
Nope. He wanted to bring back the entire experiment, because the ship[ had jumped somewhere outside of the galaxy, and nobody knows where it went

He wanted to keep his final invention. Then, he realizes he can't take it back with him, so he decides to stay with it.

He gets engulfed and accepts the teleportation to hell, and unifies with his invention. Not like morphing together unifying, but the ship itself and him had come to and understand of each other.

tdlr: not at first

PS. this is supposedly the backstory to Warhammer 40k
>>
>>71821720
>I was very disappointed at the execution of this film because it had a great premise. In the end, not scary at all.
90's "fuck you motherfuckers" bullshit. They should remake it as a true horror or do the sequel as a true horror. It's wide open for a sequel.
>>71820585
>Was it Sam Niels characters intention to go to hell all along?
IDK. I figure he lost his marbles as soon as the ships were connected.
>>71825219
No way, really?!
>>
>>71828422

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_Horizon_(film)#Deleted_footage

>In test screenings the cut was poorly received. There were complaints about the extreme amount of gore,[5] and Anderson and producer Jeremy Bolt claim members of the test audience fainted during the screening.[4] Paramount, which had stopped looking at the dailies before any of the gore was shot and were seeing the complete movie for the first time along with the audience, were similarly shocked by how gruesome it was and demanded a shorter length time with a decreased amount of gore.
>>
Event Horizon was one of the all time best sci-fi concepts of all time. In presentation the movie did not fail either, especially considering the bar was set extremely high. Absolutely legendary.
>>
>>71828472
>Paramount, which had stopped looking at the dailies before any of the gore was shot and were seeing the complete movie for the first time along with the audience, were similarly shocked by how gruesome it was and demanded a shorter length time with a decreased amount of gore.
What a pity! Rarely do I see a movie where I wish they tacked an extra hour of footage on. But the concept was just so awesome!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.