[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I loved this film. The last 15-20 minutes are pure directorial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: The Drop (2014).jpg (37 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
The Drop (2014).jpg
37 KB, 660x350
I loved this film.

The last 15-20 minutes are pure directorial and acting genius.

Can anyone suggest more movies like it?
>>
>>71810645
A Walk Among the Tombstones.

Came out the same year, has well-rounded characters and interesting elements for a crime story. Like The Drop it has a "literary" feeling to it. It's also the best Liam Neeson movie in ten years or so (nothing like Taken, Unknown, etc).

But I have to say that the last scene of The Drop was awful and not necessary.
>>
Isn't that fat fuck dead? how he keeps doing movies?
>>
>>71810718
You mean the scene where Bob meets the girl?
I agree. Although it did offer some closure. I guess they wanted to end the movie on a positive note.

I'll give your recommendation a try, although I really don't like Neeson's latest movies.

>>71810763
lol you're right, the movie came out in 2014 and Gandolfini died in 2013.
>>
The Lookout 2007
>>
>tfw this is the only non-TKDR movie where Hardy doesn't use his bane voice or make bane noises
>>
>>71811004
Trust me, it's nothing like his recent movies. It takes its time to develop the story and its characters. Has a very meditative pace. Some amazing color correction and cinematography too. One of the better crime films I've seen this decade.
>>
>>71810718
Lmfao this was made and felt like a shit 1990s made for tv flick, and not at all in a good way /v/eddit.

Also,
>implying The Grey isn't LN's best film of the decade
Neck yourself
>>
>>71811296
"felt like" is entirely subjective, and god forbid a movie doesn't have a blue and orange or grey or piss yellow filter like literally every crime film these days. It's no more of a "made for tv flick" than The Drop.

and Joe Carnahan sucks. The A-Team and Smoking Aces were the drippiest of shits.

How about going back to /a/ where you hung out in 2011, tripfaggot?
>>
you should check out the movie the drop
>>
>>71811245
He didn't do Bane shit in Inception as far as I remember
>>
>>71810645
Killing Them Softly also has Gandolfini, but in a totally different type of role. It's not exactly like The Drop, but tonally I felt some similarities
>>
>>71811245
Locke was pretty neat. I wanted more...
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.