[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Movies that aren't necessarily Golden Palm or Oscar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: Unstoppable.jpg (531 KB, 1900x1200) Image search: [Google]
Unstoppable.jpg
531 KB, 1900x1200
ITT: Movies that aren't necessarily Golden Palm or Oscar worthy, but you enjoy the hell out of, anyway.

Mine is pic related
>>
>>71760108
>watches only Oscar worthy movies

GTFO
>>
>>71760126
That was neither what I said nor what I meant. What I meant was basically like a guilty pleasure movie. I don't just watch Oscar-worthy movies, because this is one of my favorite movies.
>>
>>71760180
> da nuclear hazard sign on the poster

It's weird it's a guilty pleasure honestly. It's not highbrow or anything, but it doesn't indulge in any massively over the top cheese either.

It's about is no frills if you can get in Hollywood without trying 'making it a thing' actually.

The story is matter-of-fact for the most part. The directions style conventional and unintrusive.
>>
>>71760108
Is that really the official poster? Hell that deserves to be on a worst ever list.
>>
>>71760180
>has to label movies he watches "guilty pleasures"

you clearly do not love cinema
>>
>>71760975
/thread

Fucking epic movie is a guilty pleasure. OP seems to have fallen for the arthouse meme
>>
>>71760975
>>71760994
Please don't confuse Oscar bait with art house. One is pretentiously challenging, the other is challengingly pretentious.

>>71760950
Yep. Missrepresentative as fuck
>>
>>71760108
God I fucking adore this movie. One of my favorite action/mystery movies.
>>
>>71761253
Could we have a thread on snubbed thriller movies?

With hindsight I wonder how much of the critical reception and early example of the whole white washing backlash meme in Hollywood at the moment
>>
File: Running Scared butt.webm (2 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Running Scared butt.webm
2 MB, 1280x544
>>71762048
>Could we have a thread on snubbed thriller movies?

Running fucking Scared.

>that "FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!" scene
>>
We Own The Night hits me really hard for some reason.

>>71762109
Damn good movie. Stylish as hell.
>>
>>71760108
My mom's husband is a retired engineer and he said this movie was full of factual inaccuracies.
>>
>>71762048
>>71762109
Crap forgot poster
>>
>>71762109
>I'M A MAC DADDY PIMP!

Fucking love that movie. Love the whole theme of "dark modern day fairy tale" it followed.
>>
>>71762176

Thinking on the scene with the fucking pedos, they do make a good analog to the witch with the gingerbread house. What a satisfying scene when they get blown away
>>
File: Hardwareposter.jpg (22 KB, 220x324) Image search: [Google]
Hardwareposter.jpg
22 KB, 220x324
>>71760108
>>
File: 00034512.jpg (27 KB, 640x270) Image search: [Google]
00034512.jpg
27 KB, 640x270
>this train has truly become Unstoppableā„¢!
>>
File: uest.jpg (51 KB, 620x290) Image search: [Google]
uest.jpg
51 KB, 620x290
I don't why but I've taken quite a liking to this movie. I think it's the lead performance, it's all very enjoyable.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.