[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Quips" aka Laconic phrase Why the hate, this is a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: MCUCKS.jpg (511 KB, 2560x1658) Image search: [Google]
MCUCKS.jpg
511 KB, 2560x1658
"Quips"
aka
Laconic phrase

Why the hate, this is a staple of action genre. You can't hate MCU and like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
>>
>>71756312
what is this convoluted shit?
>>
What a fucking stupid, pointless picture
>>
>>71756409
>>71756439
Why? It connect all those movies.
>>
>hank pym is on iron man's pro-registation side
>march 2015

old shit nigga
>>
>>71756493
In the most stupid and convoluted way possible.
Sage and hide fellas, sage and hide.
>>
>Quip

You mean one liner
>>
>>71756738
I meant Laconic phrase which can be even just a single word.

It's older trope then shakespeare that ties into military and gun culture even. It's where the sayings like DON'T TREAD ON ME, and OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS comes from.

One liner yes, but a trope almost as old as time.
>>
>>71756493
It just shows how weak Capeshit movies are if they need trivia and cross-connections to make them even remotely interesting.

Fuck... it's such blatant brand building I'm sure Seth Godin vomits in disgust at it.

>>71756565
I agree with you: i'm tired of them too... but technically they are spending their time on something useful, making money.
These fan theories are the bread and butter of websites like Buzzfeed or whatever the "entertainment" equivalent of buzzfeed is who needs to latch onto meme-able franchises so they can sell advertising on their crappy, formulaic articles.
>>
>>71756540
Yeah, I'll be surprised to see any other movies fan theories of how movies tie together, this is on a Tarantino level.
>>
>>71756818
How is good writting a crutch?

You're one of the patricians that actually think a movies visuals is more important then script.
>>
>>71756565
you know when you read about those scientists that come up with silly theories in their off time? Well normies want to be like that too, except the scientist part.
>>
>>71757377
>Capeshit
>Good writing
pick one

>You're one of the patricians that actually think a movies visuals is more important then script.
"Script"? Don't you mean "Dialogue". You know you can write a script with no dialogue?

If you mean Dialogue, then no. Some of my favourite films could be easily turned into stage plays.

As a side note: visuals are nothing without a well structured or aesthetically cogent script/outline to imbue them with meaning and value.
>>
>>71756801

A laconic phase is succinct.
Quips are just sarcastic remarks.
Learn the difference you vapid cunt
>>
>>71757591
Tying together multiple plot lines together is not the sign of weak writting. That's brand building but after seeing BvS there's a BAD WAY TO DO IT, that obviously marvel didn't do. They usually tucked it away at the end of the movie innocuously without affecting the enjoyment of the movie.
Compared to franchises like Alien it's not as easy to do in the same series let alone in multiple series.

The fact you think this is easy to do and is a sign of poor writting only shows your lack of experience/fedora tier understanding.

I am not saying Marvel is fantastic movies, but it's actually really impressive how coherent they keep multiple story lines together. Even to TV shows and older movies that bombed.

No one's done that before on this level and is one of the few highlights of the series.

It's easy to hate literally every movie ever made but it's harder to find what makes them unique and beautiful.
>>
>>71757658
I can't find anything that supports that Quips are sarcastic. I found "a witty remark." but nothing even saying they're related to sarcasm. A Pun, maybe, but not full on sarcasm. They usually say what the mean concisely and honestly and that is where humor is found in it.

>How did you fix the ice problem

That's just a concise statement that was funny at the time.
>>
>>71757879
>Tying together multiple plot lines together is not the sign of weak writing
But it's not as you say, "tying together multiple plot lines" it's references. Tying together multiple plot lines is where you have intersecting personal conflicts. A plot line is a series of events that come about from the habits, morality and choices of a character/cast of characters as if they were a real human being(s).

Look at the chart:
>"Bruce Banner appears"
How is that plot? unless it is integral to the progression of the story line. A cameo is not "tying together multiple plot lines"
"the nation of wakanda is shown on a map"
Whoopdy fucking doo! And I bet it had no significance to the conflict of the story.

The other thing is it's easy with such an episodic franchise like this universe, where out of the blue another enemy conveniently appears at the end of the film, in no way tied to or a direct result of the plot of the previous film.

>It's easy to hate literally every movie ever made but it's harder to find what makes them unique and beautiful.
it's not hard. It's whatever directly, unconsciously resonates with you.
Capeshit bores me. I don't try to hate it. It just doesn't do it for me, and this is but one of a multitude of retroactive self analysis into why.
>>
File: 1465702090297.jpg (18 KB, 510x430) Image search: [Google]
1465702090297.jpg
18 KB, 510x430
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.